PDA

View Full Version : G551jw - safe to run with laptop lid closed?

singh_harman007
08-09-2016, 05:42 AM
Is it safe to run the asus rog laptop with the lid closed for long length of time? I noticed that after several hours the keyboard area starts warming up and I am worried if this might cause harm to the LED screen? I don't like to have the lid open as I am using an external monitor with other peripherals setup so opening and closing the lid is quite annoying. Can I run with the lid closed even if the laptop gets warm without caring about the the dissipation of heat to the screen? Even when my laptop is running idle the keyboard area still warms up and that's where the HDD is located too.

Tom@ASUS
08-13-2016, 12:33 AM
It will be fine but as a precaution i highly recommend that you invest in a cooling pad and to make sure the exhaust vents are not blocked. You will want to clean it out with an air duster at least once a month as dust can accumulate heat.

JustinThyme
08-14-2016, 02:22 PM
Turn off all back lights and make sure cooling is unobstructed. I run my G752VY like this all the time.
Not too familiar with your machine but some need to at least have the lid partially open as this is the point for air intake for cooling.