PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G752VY BIOS UNLOCKED with tons of settings revealed

ROG_HARDCORE
08-09-2016, 11:05 AM
FOR G752VY, I've manage to unlock many options in Bios thanks to the guide and help from @Dreamonic

Bios Based on 213 and only involve tools AMIBCP_v5.0.1, and AFUWIN64.

I found many interesting options and feature that actually available. And another super good news are,
now you can turn off usb charger plus in battery mode i guess. But first, uninstall USB charger plus. Then disable in Bios. Done.

Modded BIOS : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B00AUrOvPe4GazBBZXdWaWpISFU
Stock BIOS : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B00AUrOvPe4GTE9RTEFOQ1hmQk0
Flash TOOL : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B00AUrOvPe4GUlN3cW94akwzR1k

If encounter error during flash, do not restart. Flash the stock rom instead.

Full Desktop advanced OC mode also included in the bios but i can't seems to make it work. it seems to be very complicated as well.

theVatansever
08-09-2016, 04:57 PM
this looks like a treasure....do you know similar bios for VT ? thanks for sharing.

pigulici
08-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Nice one, thanks...

Googlegot
08-10-2016, 12:52 AM
This is awesome.

What is the method you used to enable these features? I'd like to give it a hack for other models.

ROG_HARDCORE
08-10-2016, 01:53 AM
Its was simple actually.

First, Open AFUWIN64 as administrator, then click save. This will dump your bios file to the desktop if you save on desktop.

2. Next Open AMIBCP_v5.0.1
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B00AUrOvPe4GN3RUTzlHZU5LdTQ

3. Open the bios file that you just dumped using AFUWIN64. Now you will see something like this :

open up sub menu you will see :

Change the access/Use to USER or SUPERVISOR, Try if Changing to USER not work then use Supervisor.
4 . Then Click file, save as new file. so that if new modified file encounter error during flash, you can always flash back the default dumped version.

There are tons of treasure to play around. You can unlock alot, alot of options.
Do update here if anyone make the overclocking from bios work.
I found that FULL desktop overclocking feature are in there, exactly the same setting in ASUS ROG Motherboard. But maybe advance hex editing skill required to make them work.
if you are much more advance, you can now utilize the debug port in the motherboard and enable communication with the motherboard to do whatever engineer does.

ROG_HARDCORE
08-10-2016, 02:04 AM
If you accouter issues such as high cpu usage for " system " process after tuning and overclocking from bios,

It was due to the windows that REJECT or BLOCKING the overclocking capability, i'm not sure how to bypass it. For example, in bios you set multiplier for CPU to work,
But in Windows, it will limit to skylake default. EVEN you have old microcode, Intel are Microsoft partner. They want you pay more for K series processor. Try to use use Ubuntu, or linux.
For windows, just reset the bios to default. then shutdown and remove power plug, then reinsert and power up. now windows system will back to normal process.

RAM Overclocking do work, 2400 to 2666 But DO NOT set too high, it will result in black screen. and you need to remove cmos battery to reset bios. Full disassembly required to reset.

Now we need Pros to change the history of the gaming notebook industry.

ROG_HARDCORE
08-10-2016, 02:15 AM
ANOTHER AMAZING NEWS, Want to dump crappy sonic studio and enable TRUE HIFI AUDIO? DTS and DOLBY? G752 was actually supported...

Chip-set tab require hex editing to enable. By modify the configuration, you can enjoy tons of premium feature that actually will cost you more $1599

How audio codec chipset? solution might be here:

Now i need to study, taking extra courses to further explore these. It actually there, do you remember the G-sync which a big LIE by nvidia? Yup, same cases here. they want to make more money.

ROG_HARDCORE
08-10-2016, 02:25 AM
How many RAID mode actually supported? See here:

Interesting!
Panel color dept 24BIT?

ROG_HARDCORE
08-10-2016, 02:53 AM
Be aware of The risk of modifying the settings.

Do not proceed if Unfamiliar with those settings. I mean, the effect of it.

gtan777x
08-11-2016, 09:32 AM
Bumping as I am definitely curious if enabling the HD AUDIO will fix the audio issues with sonic studio like "hot right hand side near audio ports when using laptop speakers" , "crappy sound if SS2 launcher is not set to run properly"

hexaae
08-11-2016, 10:12 AM
Can the full featured BIOS solve the annoying USB ports low voltage issues causing external drives random dis/reconnect?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?84635-G752VY-G751JY-everlasting-bug-of-USB-3-0-left-port-randomly-disconnecting

ROG_HARDCORE
08-11-2016, 10:54 AM
For Audio, I try to Lowered buffer voltage to 1.8V since the Codec work from 1.5V to 3.3V. But still, the ALC668 will get hot.
Enabling Third party Audio DSP support from Bios also require enabling WoV as a feature first. such as WAVE, DOLBY, DTS etc.

For Left USB, I don't have disconnection this issues, so i cannot test it. Try disable below options and try.

For now : Confirmed modification are changeable USB Charger Plus in battery mode option. Now you can disable the usb charger + in battery mode. meaning that Your system will not supplying power to USB when on battery ( after Shutdown ).
This at least solved unwanted gaming mouse glow at night.
Besides, RAM overclocking also works. Recommended OC Settings :
If Stock 2133 ---> 2400 OC ,
if stock 2400 ---> 2600 / 2666 OC
On 2666 games probably wont run, or will crash the game. Above clock are tested, any higher will cause Complete Black Screen.

CPU overclocking multiplier wont apply, still missing something here.

gtan777x
08-12-2016, 09:22 AM
CPU overclocking multiplier - I'm on a G752VT with a 6700HQ so non-k non unlocked multiplier. I really wanted this feature but not to overclock. Instead to lower the multipliers so the damn CPU doesn't heat up at just over 70% usage on physics heavy games. If I unlock the BIOS do you think there is a chance the multipliers will also get unlocked?

ROG_HARDCORE
08-12-2016, 11:55 AM
You can use ThrottleStop to underclock. Try if it work.
https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Utilities/ThrottleStop/

But one thing is, Skylake used to be cool, low power consumption as well. If your G752VT overheat easily, i suggest re-paste and cleaning. and also check your OS background process.
for now overclock / down-clock from bios are not working, although menu are there with everything tune able and save. It wont apply after you boot to windows.
For my G752VY with thermal grizzly kryonaut, never pass 75 Celsius in 100% CPU Stress Test all core 3.1GHZ 3 hours run. 29 Celsius room temperature.

kidfromhell
08-12-2016, 09:48 PM
THIS IS some crazy work here. Thanks a ton to Dreamonic and ROG_HARDCORE. You guys deserve it! I'll flash this now and see what I can do to further this.

And for the obvious question - how does warranty work when this is flashed? Also, are the settings (and the BIOS itself) easy to revert to stock? What if the values are not set to default before restoring to stock?

Might wanna know this before sending this out to ASUS for RMA. Keep up the good work!

ROG_HARDCORE
08-13-2016, 01:56 AM
This is safe, flashing and unlocking is safe. But tuning settings such as voltages and current in secret menu might harm. so only tune after research and understand the outcome.

During flashing, do not interrupt! If any error, simply start the process again. Just dont reboot yet until success.

RMA still covered thanks to asus. just in case setting goes wrong such as too much RAM OC, fully disassemble, remove battery connector, and bios battery connector for few seconds.
after bios reset every settings will back to failsafe state.

kidfromhell
08-13-2016, 04:22 PM
This is safe, flashing and unlocking is safe. But tuning settings such as voltages and current in secret menu might harm. so only tune after research and understand the outcome.

During flashing, do not interrupt! If any error, simply start the process again. Just dont reboot yet until success.

RMA still covered thanks to asus. just in case setting goes wrong such as too much RAM OC, fully disassemble, remove battery connector, and bios battery connector for few seconds.
after bios reset every settings will back to failsafe state.

I see, thanks. Did you figure out how to enable the audio modes yet? Also, how do you flash the modified bios? Just load it in the tool and hit 'write'?

ROG_HARDCORE
08-13-2016, 05:53 PM
RUN AFUWINGUI, click open, and search for the modified bios rom format. and click flash. don't interrupt and change any settings.

JustinThyme
08-14-2016, 01:44 PM
Just a quick interjection for any novice users that may read this.

You botch anything here and you now have a very expensive paper weight.
There is little to no gain to having access to any of these settings so IMO its not worth the risk. There is a reason they leave this stuff hidden. It only took them 6 months to get a BIOS that worked correctly with people whining the whole time now you want to flirt with disaster and modify it?

Good luck for all who try, I wont be one of them.

Also understand that this will 100% void your warranty. If you botch it and do not have the necessary tools you will have to send it off to ASUS to get resolution.

I may try something like this when this machine is getting old and I have a replacement for it that is faster and meaner but for now I think Ill keep my very large investments BIOS with an ASUS approved, unmodified version. Currently 213.

ROG_HARDCORE
08-14-2016, 06:27 PM
Anyway, just for research purpose. Risk have been listed, and most of the time are safe. there are failsafe which already build in, and the unlocked, modified only parts of bios.
If conspiracy are true,that will be fun. I never believe or trust any cooperation or any business - political related relationship.

Oh ya, you can adjust desired fan speed correspond to temperature from bios.

I have tried everything and rendered it unbreakable, or un-brickable. There are cutoff that have build in, or limited. The worst only make system unstable but use-able.
Its like an op amp, how can you obtain output be 10000V when the power supply to op amp only 12V? with gain of 1 million also, output cut off at 12V.

Disaster? I dont see one. only the coward will say that. This is the opportunity to open up knowledge, and possibility for those who interested to learn and research.

So Professor justin, we now learn that we have to keep this forum silent, dumb and uninteresting from you. sharing is crime, to be insulted and criticized.
Therefore, it will stay that way forever. For the sake of the world peacefulness, everyone stick to stock forever and dont bother find option to explore, learn and find solutions.

Achievement so far,
1. unlocked USB charging options. SOLVED battery drain issues when power off state. ( because all usb will be powered 365 days, and 24 hours in stock, NOW OFF THAT! WHY force to power whole mobo when not in use? )( that's how you preserve battery dumbass asus?)
2. OC RAM with stable performance and temperature.

alright, all other treasure i will enjoy myself. Good day.

JustinThyme
08-23-2016, 04:28 AM
Enough with the personal attacks there buck wheat. I guarantee you that YOU CAN BRICK IT so don't go spreading false rumors. There is a reason these features are locked. I just wanted to make sure people who pop in here and read this are aware of the possible consequences that DO EXIST. Anyone who thinks you cant brick it is not only a fool, they are a blatant IDIOT

Noting wrong with tinkering, that' half the fun of it. but what you obviously are missing is not everyone is aware of what can happen and when a less than truthful claim that you cant mess it up is made people just need to know about it. You want to brick your machine, go for it. My intent is nothing more than to make folks aware of the possible consequences of a single mistake before they do just that and end up having to pay to fix it because this will without a shadow of a doubt void your warranty.

If you have proof of finding a fix that the ASUS engineers are too stupid to find and can be addressed through the BIOS then by all means post up the proof or it didn't happen. Also post up your ram OC screenies.

The USB power issue can be addressed in the charger plus software by moving the slider all the way to the right. When on battery and it drops below 99% the power is cut. Another fix, don't leave things plugged in when the machine is powered down and unplugged.

CIURI
06-28-2017, 05:44 PM
Hello ,

any one figured out how to enable the Chipset menu on G752 . I have G752VL and latest bios 303 , everithing from advanced works to enable but Chipset menu not and I'm in particular interested to the goodies under the Chipset ;) . Tried from Using AMIBCP to HEX editing and no success yet.

Thx.

christian86
01-16-2018, 10:07 PM
Hello ,

any one figured out how to enable the Chipset menu on G752 . I have G752VL and latest bios 303 , everithing from advanced works to enable but Chipset menu not and I'm in particular interested to the goodies under the Chipset ;) . Tried from Using AMIBCP to HEX editing and no success yet.

Thx.

Hey CIURI,

you have to mod the AMITSE modul inside the Bios. If you have a SPI programmer and a working backup i can send you a PM with a link to a guide to unlock and unhide the hidden chipset menu in an AMI APTIO V Bios. You can try it if you want ;-)

seadoodude
08-15-2018, 10:46 PM
No attachments anymore it says.
Much appreciated if someone would give me working links.
Thanks,
I have thr G752vl with 304 bios.
Love to have the files & possibly the instructions.
Jerry

sheliak
08-22-2018, 06:47 PM
Hey CIURI,

you have to mod the AMITSE modul inside the Bios. If you have a SPI programmer and a working backup i can send you a PM with a link to a guide to unlock and unhide the hidden chipset menu in an AMI APTIO V Bios. You can try it if you want ;-)

Can you send this link? I can try.. I hae a SPI [rogrammer..

hadarych
08-23-2018, 02:41 AM
Hey CIURI,

Me too, please!

xeromist
08-23-2018, 03:39 AM
Christian86 hasn't logged in for 7 months. If you wan to talk to him you will have to send a PM and hope he receives email notifications.

mudz_07
10-03-2018, 09:59 PM
Hi anyone can help me...i mistakenly flash different IC in the motherboard of G752VY..i erase the program without back up..maybe someone here has back up file or can give me a backup file..please help me thank you..

navis995
10-17-2018, 10:54 AM
Just a quick interjection for any novice users that may read this.

You botch anything here and you now have a very expensive paper weight.
There is little to no gain to having access to any of these settings so IMO its not worth the risk. There is a reason they leave this stuff hidden. It only took them 6 months to get a BIOS that worked correctly with people whining the whole time now you want to flirt with disaster and modify it?

Good luck for all who try, I wont be one of them.

Also understand that this will 100% void your warranty. If you botch it and do not have the necessary tools you will have to send it off to ASUS to get resolution.

I may try something like this when this machine is getting old and I have a replacement for it that is faster and meaner but for now I think Ill keep my very large investments BIOS with an ASUS approved, unmodified version. Currently 213.

Hi JT.

Can you be bothered for a second and take a look at my thread that I started about my GPU issue? I would be very glad if you could help me or point me in the right direction at least.

Thank you.

Clintlgm
10-17-2018, 12:26 PM
Enough with the personal attacks there buck wheat. I guarantee you that YOU CAN BRICK IT so don't go spreading false rumors. There is a reason these features are locked. I just wanted to make sure people who pop in here and read this are aware of the possible consequences that DO EXIST. Anyone who thinks you cant brick it is not only a fool, they are a blatant IDIOT

Noting wrong with tinkering, that' half the fun of it. but what you obviously are missing is not everyone is aware of what can happen and when a less than truthful claim that you cant mess it up is made people just need to know about it. You want to brick your machine, go for it. My intent is nothing more than to make folks aware of the possible consequences of a single mistake before they do just that and end up having to pay to fix it because this will without a shadow of a doubt void your warranty.

If you have proof of finding a fix that the ASUS engineers are too stupid to find and can be addressed through the BIOS then by all means post up the proof or it didn't happen. Also post up your ram OC screenies.

The USB power issue can be addressed in the charger plus software by moving the slider all the way to the right. When on battery and it drops below 99% the power is cut. Another fix, don't leave things plugged in when the machine is powered down and unplugged.

DITTO, if you don't have the knowledge to fix a bricked BIOS Do Not Attempt any BIOS Modifications. It won't be cheap to hire someone that does. if it's even possible to recover at all.

norris0
11-20-2018, 12:06 AM
Let somebody modify the bios for gl752vw so that he can see the SSD NVD SSD 960 EVO m.2 in bios. Because asus only came out with version 214 in which there is no NVMe m.2 support.

wtfoOtick
01-11-2019, 12:31 PM
Hello fellows!
I've tried to mod GL552VW BIOS, but even at trying to launch AFUWIN PC freeeze, the only solution was to reboot and use VM to do this with many errors. I see ASUS/AMI trying to limit BIOS access to @super_dudes@ trying to make their laptop @better == dead@.
Before trying to void(kill) your laptop, Google how many people bricked their PCs trying to Mod BIOS.
JUST DON'T do THIS!:mad::mad::mad:

JustinThyme
01-12-2019, 01:41 AM
Hello fellows!
I've tried to mod GL552VW BIOS, but even at trying to launch AFUWIN PC freeeze, the only solution was to reboot and use VM to do this with many errors. I see ASUS/AMI trying to limit BIOS access to @super_dudes@ trying to make their laptop @better == dead@.
Before trying to void(kill) your laptop, Google how many people bricked their PCs trying to Mod BIOS.
JUST DON'T do THIS!:mad::mad::mad:

That is and always has been my take on it, especially with laptops. Hell I caught hell recovering my G752VY from installing 2800MHz Gskill ripjaws in it and using XTU to try and get it to 2800. When I put it in it went to 2400 but stopped there. Turns out that’s as good as it gets. Had to pull the MOBO completely because the CMOS battery can’t be accessed otherwise. Got it back up then a few days later screwed up and used someone’s modded Vbios for the GPU. Big mistake. Never worked again. Lucky for me I bought it from Costco and they took it back, no questions asked and ordered me another.** In the meantime retuned the 2800 for 2400 then put that in 4X16. Still running this today, also put in 2x960 pros in raid 0 if I had it to do over I’d not bother with the raid array. No sequential gains and slight loss on low que depth.*

PeymanCz
01-24-2019, 11:51 AM
FOR G752VY, I've manage to unlock many options in Bios thanks to the guide and help from @Dreamonic

Bios Based on 213 and only involve tools AMIBCP_v5.0.1, and AFUWIN64.

I found many interesting options and feature that actually available. And another super good news are,
now you can turn off usb charger plus in battery mode i guess. But first, uninstall USB charger plus. Then disable in Bios. Done.

Modded BIOS : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B00AUrOvPe4GazBBZXdWaWpISFU
Stock BIOS : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B00AUrOvPe4GTE9RTEFOQ1hmQk0
Flash TOOL : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B00AUrOvPe4GUlN3cW94akwzR1k

If encounter error during flash, do not restart. Flash the stock rom instead.

Full Desktop advanced OC mode also included in the bios but i can't seems to make it work. it seems to be very complicated as well.

Hi
Is there anyone in the possession of the working G752VY Stock Bios?
those google drive links seem to be dead...

davemon50
01-24-2019, 12:17 PM
Hi
Is there anyone in the possession of the working G752VY Stock Bios?
those google drive links seem to be dead...

Stock BIOS? Go to the website and download it. There are two versions posted.

I just updated this week to the latest BIOS and it works fine on my G752VY.

PeymanCz
01-24-2019, 03:22 PM
Stock BIOS? Go to the website and download it. There are two versions posted.

I just updated this week to the latest BIOS and it works fine on my G752VY.

is it the same as those being dumped by AFUWIN64??
I need the stock bios to use it with this procedure:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94881-Keyboard-backlight-fix#

davemon50
01-24-2019, 07:39 PM
is it the same as those being dumped by AFUWIN64??
I need the stock bios to use it with this procedure:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94881-Keyboard-backlight-fix#

No idea. It's the official BIOS.

PeymanCz
01-25-2019, 09:18 PM
Can anyone please use afuwin provided in the second post in the following thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...fix#post718097
to dump a bios file and send it to me?
just open the AFUWINGUI.EXE and cick save.
I need a un modded offical bios file. thanks in advanced.

MonsieurGreen
02-06-2019, 08:29 AM
Can anyone please use afuwin provided in the second post in the following thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...fix#post718097
to dump a bios file and send it to me?
just open the AFUWINGUI.EXE and cick save.
I need a un modded offical bios file. thanks in advanced.

Hello,
can't help you (i've a G752VSK), but can you send me a link to download AFUWIN... i don't find in google..... :(

Thanks

EDIT : Here is the link : https://ami.com/en/download-license-agreement/?DownloadFile=Aptio_4_AMI_Firmware_Update_Utility. zip

kingjezdi
02-21-2019, 09:05 PM
hey,
has anyone already tested on G752VS, with i7-6700HQ ??

btw. DONT OT it pls ;)
& pls dont tell another hwto brick the board... i think everyone has bit knowledge about these expensive notebooks & its not your problem ; )