PDA

View Full Version : 100% disk usage and lags G752VT

guyfawkes
08-09-2016, 10:17 PM
My 5400 rpm HDD (I have SSD and HDD both) is very laggy. I often have 100% disk usage without I/O and message in Event Viewer

"Reset to device \Device\RaidPort0 was issued" from iStorA

How can I to fix this?

Clintlgm
08-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Well if your talking about the 5400 spinner it's probably going bad, what ever brand it is you can download a diagnostic tool and test it, same for the SSD If its a Samsung you should be able use Samsung Magician to check it out. Also if you have a 128 GB SSD you may indeed have it filled?

guyfawkes
08-10-2016, 07:33 PM
I talking about HDD (Toshiba). I also have 128GB samsung, it's filled about 50% of its capacity

Clintlgm
08-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Link to Toshiba diagnostic tools (http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/items/faq/596)
seems Toshiba hides there tool these seem legit?

guyfawkes
08-12-2016, 06:13 AM
I think it may be FastBoot option enabled in BIOS. Did you enable it?

gtan777x
08-12-2016, 09:30 AM
had issues before where HDD was at constant 20% usage. does not drop even when idle and all programs closed. had it scanned and it found a virus. so might want to try scanning before doing anything drastic like reformatting.

Clintlgm
08-12-2016, 01:38 PM
yes I have that turned off on all my computers, same thing in window especial in window since that puts your computer into Hybrid sleep Hibernate really, that always causes me problems. With these new SSD neither is needed. Less than 30 seconds boots with out it, from a totally shut down condition. Like I said I would test that hard drive to insure its not having a hardware issue. If not then clean install.

Check your Power Options/Shut down setting, deselect Turn off fast startup uncheck the box is it is selected.

If you want to try to save your OS you can try these tools from and Admin Command Prompt

SFC /scannow if no issued found run the next lines

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup if no issued found run the next lines

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth if no issued found run the next lines

SFC /scannow if you still are showing unrepaired files then for sure clean install

guyfawkes
08-25-2016, 03:37 PM
has anybody problem with "reset to \Device\RaidPort0" from iastora ?

DBurke
08-26-2016, 03:47 PM
has anybody problem with "reset to \Device\RaidPort0" from iastora ?

Yes, I'm having the same issue on my G752VT, for me only happens while playing WOW.
Wow will freeze both video and audio. Hard drive light will be on solid.

I'm also running a clean install with all the drivers loaded from asus's support page.
Everything is stock, have not done any upgrades to memory or added ssd.

zltippett
08-27-2016, 01:21 PM
Yes, I'm having the same issue on my G752VT, for me only happens while playing WOW.
Wow will freeze both video and audio. Hard drive light will be on solid.

I'm also running a clean install with all the drivers loaded from asus's support page.
Everything is stock, have not done any upgrades to memory or added ssd.

What operating system are you using? I've had this same trouble after updating my G55VW to Windows 10. I've updated the SATA AHCI driver and no luck.

DBurke
08-28-2016, 02:41 AM
What operating system are you using? I've had this same trouble after updating my G55VW to Windows 10. I've updated the SATA AHCI driver and no luck.

Windows 10 Home, downloaded install media from MS, placed on USB flash drive and booted off it to do clean install.
Then first installed chipset driver, all of the intel driver's (wifi, network, etc.) then lastly asus's driver's and programs.
With reboots after each one that called for it. All downloaded from the support page.

I also should note that I think this just recently started since the Windows 10 anniversary update from MS which had major issues
Half of the metro apps like maps would not start or would start and immediately close. Could not repair or refresh so I opted to do a fresh install.

DBurke
08-28-2016, 02:10 PM
Windows 10 Home, downloaded install media from MS, placed on USB flash drive and booted off it to do clean install.
Then first installed chipset driver, all of the intel driver's (wifi, network, etc.) then lastly asus's driver's and programs.
With reboots after each one that called for it. All downloaded from the support page.

I also should note that I think this just recently started since the Windows 10 anniversary update from MS which had major issues
Half of the metro apps like maps would not start or would start and immediately close. Could not repair or refresh so I opted to do a fresh install.

I did a little looking around and found that the Sata Configuration in the BIOS was set to RAID with RAID0 greyed out. Since I only have the single 1T spinning HD in my laptop I changed it from RAID to ACHI. Of course on reboot the drive would not boot. So reloaded everything and will see if that was the issue.

filbee
08-28-2016, 05:41 PM
This might be an issue with the Win 10 Anniversary update. It seems Microsoft are aware and investigating.

Big Reddit thread on the issue here - it seems to affect SSD / HDD combinations.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4vufpo/windows_10_fully_freezes_after_anniversary_update/?st=isewggfm&sh=7acf12d5

Also one user pointed to this article as a possible cause

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3083595

I'm not vouching for this as a solution, it seems there are a lot of possible factors and many suggested "fixes" but it has been noted as an issue following the last update.

plater777
06-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Hi all, sorry for reviving the thread but as I didn't see anyone who report solving the issue will tell my experience: bought a month ago a GL553VD and last week the laptop was unusable, the disk always at 100% use, errors on the Event Viewer and BSOD. Resintalled Windows several times (UEFI and CSM) with no luck. Updated the SATA AHCI driver with no luck. Tuned up the energy management with no luck.

How did I solved it? Replacing the HDD drive. First, if you want to know if you have to replace the HDD, get a Hirens Boot CD and run some S.M.A.R.T. viewer or HDD regenerator or similar. You probably will see warnings of S.M.A.R.T., several reading errors and some bad sectors. I replace the HDD with another one that I have (casually it was from an Asus X55A) which has some S.M.A.R.T. issues but the problem is for now solved. I think the best choice is replace the HDD with a SATA SSD and use an SSD M2 for boot and system.