PDA

View Full Version : G752 VS - with gtx1070

jamreal18
08-16-2016, 09:21 AM
Why is it still colour silver?

GX800 looks nice but the new G752VS still looks like previous gen...

Why cant Asus change the name to G753?

Can we also connect external video card in this laptop?

theVatansever
08-16-2016, 10:31 AM
Why is it still colour silver?

GX800 looks nice but the new G752VS still looks like previous gen...

Why cant Asus change the name to G753?

my question is, it looks like it still has that terrific crappy junky speaker...the worst sounding laptop ever.

Rares95
08-16-2016, 11:35 AM
MY question is, why is it so expensive? With $2500 i can get both a decent laptop AND a good gaming PC...

Also the design of the G752 is horrible, if they don't change it, i might get another brand...

ROG_HARDCORE
08-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Prices....

Newly released GX800 insane. But the price... you might need to sell the house.

Simao
08-16-2016, 04:40 PM
The prices here in europe are also a bit expensive. With 2000 euros you get the basic model with the gtx 1060 anda basic configs, If you want the gtx 1070 and ram more ssd, the price goes into 2500/2700 euros,
I have only one thing against rog laptops. They should offer something with the laptop, and improve the box and his packing.

toronto699
08-16-2016, 04:45 PM
ASUS GeForce 10 Series ROG GSYNC Notebooks
ASUS currently ranks as the number one gaming laptop brand worldwide with a 40% market share
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asus-geforce-10-series-rog-gsync-notebooks.html

DeltaActual
08-16-2016, 05:54 PM
It is indeed the same chassis, with the same (most likely) horrid audio setup.
The same screen, at least at the moment. Where is promised 120 hz G-SYNC supported displays ?
I don't think I'm gonna need more horsepower than 1060 has to offer, given that it is a desktop GPU, but the price of $1.700 for the base model seems to be a bit to much.
Let's wait and see. At the moment there is no budget gaming models out there with 10 series.

Rares95
08-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Well for the past 2 years Asus released a new gaming laptop model ~November. Also, Kaby Lake is scheduled to launch later this year. Maybe we'll see a new Asus Gaming laptop model after Intel launches it's new chips?

DeltaActual
08-16-2016, 07:13 PM
Well for the past 2 years Asus released a new gaming laptop model ~November. Also, Kaby Lake is scheduled to launch later this year. Maybe we'll see a new Asus Gaming laptop model after Intel launches it's new chips?

Isn't that exactly what happened with G751-752 transition ? We ended up with same exac configs in different chassis.

Rares95
08-16-2016, 08:46 PM
Actually the whole G750-751-752 were a transition to each others, with much of the problems of G750 persist to G751, and G751 problems to G752. G750 was 800M and 4'th gen, G751 was 900m and 4'th gen, G752 was 900m and 6'th gen.

Maybe G753 will be 1000 series and 7'th gen? Talking about chasis changes.

ROG_HARDCORE
08-17-2016, 02:20 AM
Actually the whole G750-751-752 were a transition to each others, with much of the problems of G750 persist to G751, and G751 problems to G752. G750 was 800M and 4'th gen, G751 was 900m and 4'th gen, G752 was 900m and 6'th gen.

Maybe G753 will be 1000 series and 7'th gen? Talking about chasis changes.

The price is increasing every line up release. With no additional features to offers compared to MSI , and EVGA.

Feature such as HIFI, Premium Bios, 120Hz display with 100% sRGB , 4 way or 5 way super raid etc etc... In fact latest MSI GTX1070 SLI + 4.3GHZ 6820HK is alot cheaper than GX700.
talking about asus build quality, plastic chassis, somehow cheap quality control as well. With no additional features to offer, plus that kind of price really not worth it.

jamreal18
08-17-2016, 11:09 AM

Thanks for the info... Kaby Lake with pascal gpu is very nice as pascal gpu will feature NVLINK & UNIFIED MEMORY!

Hopefully the next design will be better, silver is not good compared to black... Black and Red combination is really nice...

hexaae
08-17-2016, 02:22 PM
Biggest problems of G752VY (BIOS 213) were:
1. poor quality audio and limited+buggy audio software and drivers (e.g. Equalizer system settings not working with YouTube videos and other applications)
2. opening the lid after a long Hibernation led to black screen. You had to force it in Sleep mode and restore to finally wake up and make the screen work again.
3. underpowered left USB ports causing frequent disconnection/reconnection of external self-powered USB3.x hard drives

I'm afraid for G752VS is still the same, since they apparently changed only the gfx board...

Rares95
08-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Biggest problems of G752VY (BIOS 213) were:
1. poor quality audio and limited+buggy audio software and drivers (e.g. Equalizer system settings not working with YouTube videos and other applications)
2. opening the lid after a long Hibernation led to black screen. You had to force it in Sleep mode and restore to wake up and make the screen work again.
3. underpowered left USB ports causing frequent disconnection/reconnection of external self-powered USB3.x hard drives

I'm afraid for G752VS is still the same, since they apparently changed only the gfx board...

Those problems are in G750 and G751 as well. My friend has a G750 and i have a G751, though the audio was much worse in the G750.

Probably gonna switch to an MSI GT73 (sexy as hell) or an Acer Predator

DeltaActual
08-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Those problems are in G750 and G751 as well. My friend has a G750 and i have a G751, though the audio was much worse in the G750.

Probably gonna switch to an MSI GT73 (sexy as hell) or an Acer Predator

My thoughts exactly. Or, build a small desktop setup.

Rares95
08-17-2016, 02:58 PM
My thoughts exactly. Or, build a small desktop setup.

Yeah, that too, but the problem would be that maybe you don't have a monitor and a keyboard with you :(

DeltaActual
08-17-2016, 07:03 PM
Yeah, that too, but the problem would be that maybe you don't have a monitor and a keyboard with you :(

True that, but most TV's are FHD these days. And the keyboard is not that big)

Ancients
08-18-2016, 10:45 AM
As for why they look the same, just look at ASUS' past gaming laptops. The G71 and G72 lines looked similar. The G73, G74, G75, and G750 series all looked similar, with the G751 looking a bit different after that. So, following what they have done in the past, the general look of the G752 series might be here to stay for a bit.

As for the external GPU, you should be able to. The current G752s come with USB 3.0 and thunderbolt, and either can be used depending on the external GPU that you have/want/buy.

As for why it isn't just called the G753, who knows. They released the G751 series with both 800M and 900M series nvidia GPUs, I don't see why they can't do the same with the G752.

Rares95
08-18-2016, 11:01 AM
As for why they look the same, just look at ASUS' past gaming laptops. The G71 and G72 lines looked similar. The G73, G74, G75, and G750 series all looked similar, with the G751 looking a bit different after that. So, following what they have done in the past, the general look of the G752 series might be here to stay for a bit.

As for the external GPU, you should be able to. The current G752s come with USB 3.0 and thunderbolt, and either can be used depending on the external GPU that you have/want/buy.

As for why it isn't just called the G753, who knows. They released the G751 series with both 800M and 900M series nvidia GPUs, I don't see why they can't do the same with the G752.

The series number changes when the chasis changes.

G751 didn't come with a 800m series, the G750 had that.

They all look similar.

Of course, they do come with USB 3.0, as long as you aren't using the underpowered ones on the left side.

jamreal18
08-18-2016, 11:26 AM
Is it true that the speaker of RoG is bad?

If I want to put external volta gpu on g752vs in the future, is it possiblem

Will G-synch automatically work when you use your laptop or do you need to turn it on the set-up?

cuniac
08-18-2016, 11:19 PM
Is it true that the speaker of RoG is bad?

If I want to put external volta gpu on g752vs in the future, is it possiblem

Will G-synch automatically work when you use your laptop or do you need to turn it on the set-up?

No they are not that bad, but it has two problems. One is that the speakers don't actually face you, so it doesn't sound as loud or direct as it should. The second is that they could be a little better for the price, but they are not crap. They are just fine for any on the go gaming or whatever but if your gaming at home you probably have a speaker setup or higher end headphones anyway.

cuniac
08-18-2016, 11:22 PM
No they are not that bad, but it has two problems. One is that the speakers don't actually face you, so it doesn't sound as loud or direct as it should. The second is that they could be a little better for the price, but they are not crap. They are just fine for any on the go gaming or whatever but if your gaming at home you probably have a speaker setup or higher end headphones anyway.

I would not see an external gpu being an issue with thunderbolt 3.

G-sync if not on by default can be enabled via NVidia control panel. Just make sure in games you turn off v-sync

JustinThyme
08-19-2016, 03:17 AM
The speakers are that bad in all laptops. What do you expect from something so tiny. If Im after audio quality in a game, movie or music I use either a BT speaker, plug it into my AVR or use my desktop speakers.

FlashGear
08-19-2016, 05:28 AM
The speakers are that bad in all laptops. What do you expect from something so tiny. If Im after audio quality in a game, movie or music I use either a BT speaker, plug it into my AVR or use my desktop speakers.

That's not entierly true.

I own the G752VT and my brother owns the Acer Predator G9-971, exactly the same internals inside.

The speakers on the Acer are incredible. Best I've ever heard and drowns out my laptop easily next to one another playing the same song. Bass is good, the speakers are infront, not behind the screen and it has Dolby Digital drivers, and it's crystal clear.

When ever he's around I ask him to play my music rather than my crap 752VT's.

Also the build quality on the Acer is far far superior.

My next laptop will def be with Acer after this Asus.

sl0519
08-19-2016, 06:04 AM

I own the G752VT and my brother owns the Acer Predator G9-971, exactly the same internals inside.

The speakers on the Acer are incredible. Best I've ever heard and drowns out my laptop easily next to one another playing the same song. Bass is good, the speakers are infront, not behind the screen and it has Dolby Digital drivers, and it's crystal clear.

When ever he's around I ask him to play my music rather than my crap 752VT's.

Also the build quality on the Acer is far far superior.

My next laptop will def be with Acer after this Asus.

I have once heard Dell's XPS 17 (I think its 1st gen core I w/ Fermi GPU)
best sounding laptop I've ever heard, even destroyed the G73, which I think is the better ones out there already
XPS 17's sound quality is so good that it can rival some external speakers
of course not the huge heavy ones that cost couple hundreds
but definitely on par with $50-100 external ones.

jamreal18
08-19-2016, 07:45 AM
I would not see an external gpu being an issue with thunderbolt 3.

G-sync if not on by default can be enabled via NVidia control panel. Just make sure in games you turn off v-sync

So it I turn off V-Synch in games options, G-synch will automatically work by default?

Thunderbolt 3 is a dealmaker, no need to buy new laptop in the future, it makes your laptop futureproof..... just connect external gpu and you are happy... waiting for external volta gpu...

jamreal18
08-19-2016, 07:46 AM

Thanks for the reply cuniac!

Hopefully better design in next generation...

Question:

Does gtx1070 in laptops still has nvlink and unified memory features? Im not hearing about these features anymore...

hexaae
08-21-2016, 09:27 AM

MSI's gaming laptop are the best though. I myself have had a GX660 and sound was incredible, better than any other gaming laptop from ACER, Alienware and ASUS: all friends were shocked to hear that quality, power and bass, coming out from a "simple laptop". 3D fake surround was also good.
They have a partnership with Dynaudio (Realtek drivers).
G752 have horrible speakers/drivers. Probably something could be done to improve them a lot if ASUS would push Realtek... but this is just a dream.
In this other thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?84506-G752VY-worst-audio-ever-from-speakers we already discussed how to improve it using 3rd party audio EQ software.

ROG_HARDCORE
08-22-2016, 01:06 AM
And with VERY skilled and experienced asus designer /engineer YET CANNOT Provide this after years !!!!! After all, low cost yet high margin!