PDA

View Full Version : Asus Rog G752VT GPU fan issue.

Sonickon
08-17-2016, 01:54 AM
Hello:)

I bought my ROG a couple of weeks ago and i'm very happy with it, the only issue ive had other than this fan issue is an issue with realtek pop in, but i saw fix on this forum and that did the trick for me.
So to the problem: The gpu fan seems to go to max at very random times when gaming(it's usually running at normal speed with good temps 40-60c) and it never recovers as in not slowing down when idle. The temps are fine, as i have a cooling pad as well, temps are below the 30s idle!
but it keeps going at 100% 4350 rpm. It's very loud and a restart doesnt work, i have to shut the computer down to make it stop, i cant seem to find a pattern either and its not a software issue as far as im aware, no dubious software running in the background, virus and malware has been scanned for but nothing found.
Ive tried to just shut down everything in the taskmanager but it keeps on roaring.
Been looking around for a solution and i have seen a few with almost the same problem as me with a rog but no solution, ive updatet all drivers except the bios and if i would have to update bios i would use winflash as i'm not to savy with asus rog bios(oldschool)

I hope you guys can help me:) Thanks!

Ancients
08-17-2016, 06:45 AM
I'm not sure if it will help, but you could try forcing the fans higher by pressing FN and PGUP, which will push the fans to something like 25,000rpm(according to CPUID HWMonitor), which can only be stopped by fully shutting the system down. This override of the fan speeds you're getting and then a full shut down to reset that might provide some temporary solution.

Sonickon
08-18-2016, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure if it will help, but you could try forcing the fans higher by pressing FN and PGUP, which will push the fans to something like 25,000rpm(according to CPUID HWMonitor), which can only be stopped by fully shutting the system down. This override of the fan speeds you're getting and then a full shut down to reset that might provide some temporary solution.
This didnt help but it got me on the right track, in corsair utility engine, which is a software tool for my scimitar mmo mouse i had put pageup as a keybinding on my sidebuttons. I removed that and since then i have not had any problems with my fans, ive heard them go up at about 2.9k rpm and then down again after i turned a game off. Seems like it's fixed:) but i'll give it a few more days to check if it works out okay. Thanks!

Sonickon
08-20-2016, 05:23 PM
Found the final solution! For anyone else with the same problem in the future: Pressing SCRLK on a external keyboard will register as FN+Pageup. I can finally play in silence!