PDA

View Full Version : G752VY Gaming lag/stutter think related to wifi

Bion1985
08-22-2016, 05:33 PM
I have a brand new Asus G752VY and am experiencing some issues in some online games on wifi. In World of Warcraft I see quick fps drop that will go down to the 40's then back up to 70 that cause a stutter this is on wifi (not tried wired yet) In another game Overwatch I noticed some stuttering/lag in the practice range where the robots are moving, when the lag occurs I get the network connection error image on screen and notice my ping increases (maybr to 150-200) This issue seems to go away once I plug in to Ethernet. I have already tried to remove the GameFirst program with no luck.

Gps3dx
08-22-2016, 07:02 PM
Please have a look at the following sticky threads
Guide: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 The proper way (UEFI based installation) (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-(UEFI-based-installation)).
Under post #8 you'll find many useful threads with problems and solutions.
one of them is a thread named "INTEL'S WIRELESS ADAPTER 7260 TROUBLESHOOTING - PING ISSUES" that contains a very useful solution.

I hope this helps you.

Bion1985
08-22-2016, 07:44 PM
Please have a look at the following sticky threads
Guide: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 The proper way (UEFI based installation) (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-(UEFI-based-installation)).
Under post #8 you'll find many useful threads with problems and solutions.
one of them is a thread named "INTEL'S WIRELESS ADAPTER 7260 TROUBLESHOOTING - PING ISSUES" that contains a very useful solution.

I hope this helps you.

I'll lookat this, thanks. Will this apply even if I'm using a different wifi adapter? My laptop has the Intel ac 8260.

Gps3dx
08-22-2016, 09:02 PM
I'll lookat this, thanks. Will this apply even if I'm using a different wifi adapter? My laptop has the Intel ac 8260.
interesting question...
I would say that since it is an Intel card, which are known through the net to have caused a lot of troubles to gamers, I would strongly suggest you perform the tweaks in that guide.
Since you can always take note of your current intel wifi driver configuration - you can always revert back any change manually.
also, I think that by creating "restore point" before any tweak will give you a better chance of reverting back whatever driver configuration you might change. ( since you can always restore back that "restore point" ).

if that thread (i'd linked) tweaks & suggestions, don't help you case - I advise to post a reply in there about your specific card model and the fact that it (*might*) don't help your case.

Bion1985
08-22-2016, 09:53 PM
interesting question...
I would say that since it is an Intel card, which are known through the net to have caused a lot of troubles to gamers, I would strongly suggest you perform the tweaks in that guide.
Since you can always take note of your current intel wifi driver configuration - you can always revert back any change manually.
also, I think that by creating "restore point" before any tweak will give you a better chance of reverting back whatever driver configuration you might change. ( since you can always restore back that "restore point" ).

if that thread (i'd linked) tweaks & suggestions, don't help you case - I advise to post a reply in there about your specific card model and the fact that it (*might*) don't help your case.

Alright I'll look into it when I'm off work. I was just curious if the regedit step would still be the same on my adaptor. From what I read in that post that was the one thing that seemed to make the most difference.

Armesis
08-23-2016, 08:24 AM
I also have the G752VY and used to suffer very bad stuttering with almost ALL games. I managed to fix it by -

1) Uninstalling ROG Game first
2) Disabling Sonic Suite
3) Disabling ROG Gaming Center (Until startup)
4) Enabling V-Sync on the Nvidia control panel (For some magical reason it was off by default)
5) Setting PhysX processor to GPU on the Nvidia control panel

I have all the latest BIOS/Nvidia drivers. No other mods done, also make sure your G-Sync is enabled in the Nvidia control panel.
Now the laptop runs silky smooth, only after several months of tinkering and pulling half my hair out. ASUS laptops are the best :[