PDA

View Full Version : My Asus G74 speakers Has no sound at all (Except from headset)

iloveklavier
12-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Hello evryone..

please help me about the audio problem

i can't hear sound at all at my g74 speakers. Even i was remove and reinstal the audio driver from asus but i still can't hear the sound at all at the speakers....

please.. for help...

BrodyBoy
12-30-2011, 08:09 AM
Do you have the speakers set as the default playback device?

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/prog_photos/MISC/Sound_Playbackdevices.png

iloveklavier
12-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Do you have the speakers set as the default playback device?

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/prog_photos/MISC/Sound_Playbackdevices.png

yap i do....

my speakers is still set as default.. but it still doesn't work...
Did you have some advice ?

Rui_PT
12-30-2011, 08:03 PM
This is happening to me too :( :confused:

dstrakele
12-31-2011, 02:55 AM
Does the "Analog" section on the right side of Realtek HD Audio Manager indicate the headphone jack is in use (dark gray color instead of light gray) when no headphones are attached?

How are the "Device advanced settings" (link just above Analog section) configured?

Rui_PT
12-31-2011, 07:41 AM
In my case the "Analog" section are in light gray (the two) and the "Device advanced settings" is "Separate input"...

BrodyBoy
12-31-2011, 07:47 AM
Just to cover all bases, are the speakers enabled?

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/prog_photos/MISC/Speakerproperties.png

Rui_PT
12-31-2011, 07:55 AM
Yes .........

iloveklavier
12-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Just to cover all bases, are the speakers enabled?

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/prog_photos/MISC/Speakerproperties.png

yes of course ... but my laptop is still doesn't have any sound ( Except from HEadset)

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae343/iloveklavier/Untitled.png

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae343/iloveklavier/Untitled-1.png

Even my laptop it doesn't make any sound in windows, but in bios, from the ASus logo it can make a sound.

Please give me some advice :(

BrodyBoy
12-31-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm starting to wonder if there's an issue with the headphone jack or board, i.e., the computer isn't properly detecting when it's plugged/unplugged..... :(

The only times I've seen a complete loss of audio.....after it's known to work properly....where when some little setting change glitched the driver and required either a restart or, at worst, a reinstall of the driver. Aside from installing the latest Realtek driver (v2.67), I'm at a loss tight now. I'll hunt around and let you know if I find anything enlightening.

Rui_PT
12-31-2011, 07:16 PM
But in my case the computer detects the jack is plugged/unplugged, and still no sound .........................
This is very weird

BrodyBoy
12-31-2011, 08:04 PM
But in my case the computer detects the jack is plugged/unplugged, and still no sound .........................
This is very weird
By that, do you mean that you get the little notification every time you plug it in or remove it?

iloveklavier
01-01-2012, 03:31 AM
I'm starting to wonder if there's an issue with the headphone jack or board, i.e., the computer isn't properly detecting when it's plugged/unplugged..... :(

The only times I've seen a complete loss of audio.....after it's known to work properly....where when some little setting change glitched the driver and required either a restart or, at worst, a reinstall of the driver. Aside from installing the latest Realtek driver (v2.67), I'm at a loss tight now. I'll hunt around and let you know if I find anything enlightening.

but when the part of asus logo, it can make a sound. so it wasn't have a problem with the hardware right?
so, the problem is just from the drivers?

BrodyBoy
01-01-2012, 04:03 AM
but when the part of asus logo, it can make a sound. so it wasn't have a problem with the hardware right?
so, the problem is just from the drivers?
Yeah, I am inclined to think it's the driver. (I should have made that clearer...that I meant a failure of the software to detect the use of the headphone jack.) But whether it's that or not, it does seem most likely to be a software issue.

Did the speakers work before, and then suddenly stop? Or have they never worked at all?

iloveklavier
01-01-2012, 04:08 AM
the speaker works when the sound of asus logo on bios.... but when it come to the windows,the speaker doesn't work at all (Except from headset or external speaker.

BrodyBoy
01-01-2012, 04:11 AM
But I was just wondering....has it ever worked properly in Windows? Have you ever heard the speakers emit anything but BIOS tones?

iloveklavier
01-01-2012, 04:31 AM
But I was just wondering....has it ever worked properly in Windows? Have you ever heard the speakers emit anything but BIOS tones?

Never... I never heard the speaker worked properly on windows... (because I bought it just 3 days or 4 days ago)

yes, the speakers is going well on bios....

maybe the problem from the operating system or?

BrodyBoy
01-01-2012, 04:42 AM
If you haven't added much software or customization yet, maybe a factory restore is worth a try. It's disconcerting that they didn't work out of the box....they really should have worked on that initial start-up.

So I would want to give that "brand-new" configuration another try.....

iloveklavier
01-01-2012, 05:36 AM
If you haven't added much software or customization yet, maybe a factory restore is worth a try. It's disconcerting that they didn't work out of the box....they really should have worked on that initial start-up.

So I would want to give that "brand-new" configuration another try.....

May you give me some step to how to do the factory restore on asus G74 ?

BrodyBoy
01-01-2012, 06:04 AM
Just to be clear, this will overwrite at least your system C: drive. So, if you have anything important on it, back that up or move it over to your 2nd HDD. (The factory restore doesn't affect your 2nd HDD at all.)

A factory restore takes about 45 minutes, and once it's started, you don't touch anything...it's essentially a long set of scripts that will completely reinstall the original OEM software setup.

Power up and immediately press F9.
The restore wizard opens. (I think it's called the "Preload Wizard.")
Select a language and confirm that you want to restore
Depending on your current setup, you'll see some options for how you want the disk partitioned:
- Recover Windows to first partition only
- Recover Windows to entire HD
- Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions

The first option just re-installs Windows on the existing C: partition, and doesn't change anything else on the HDD. The second option uses the whole drive, overwriting everything and making one big C: partition. The third option overwrites everything, but breaks the HDD up into a C: partition and a data partition. (In all cases, you will still have the 25Gb hidden Recovery partition.) Some of these options may be grayed out if, for example, your disk isn;t big enough for two partitions.

As I mentioned, this procedure takes awhile, and the computer reboots many times. Wait until you're sure it's completely done before using it. When it's done, the screen will be displaying the first-time-use setup wizard, just like when you first got it.

SaintsBro3
01-07-2012, 11:53 AM
This is what worked for me I simply reset my THX by turning it off then back on.

Hope this helps :)

Kray465
01-13-2012, 06:17 AM
Hello evryone..

please help me about the audio problem

i can't hear sound at all at my g74 speakers. Even i was remove and reinstal the audio driver from asus but i still can't hear the sound at all at the speakers....

please.. for help...

Hey, I encountered the same problem recently. Saw your problem here and signed up to let you know what worked for me. Was jamming to some beats but decided to move on to a different song and suddenly no sound from anywhere except when headphones are plugged in. So of coarse, like any computer tech, I searched around at all of my options and configuration and found nothing to be wrong. My computer still seemed to see the audio device too so I thought that was weird. So of coarse I reinstalled my realtek driver, then display driver (nvidia hd audio) despite not using HDMI. Even flashed the BIOS even though it didn't seem to think there was anything plugged into the audio jack. Well its like 12am here (EST) and too late to call customer service so I did the silliest thing I could think of, which worked..... turn off the laptop, unplug everything, pop your battery, hold the power button for 10 seconds, plug everything back in. Some how my sound works again. I used to think this procedure really didn't have a basis because it never solved anything when HP support kept telling me to do it with various laptops that came to our shop still under warranty, but apparently its supposed to drain the laptop of any "stagnant" charge that might be holding a capacitor hostage (This is a guess on my part, still haven't looked it up yet). In any case, if you haven't solved your problem some other way, try this out and see if it works. BTW sorry for the life story, but figured it'd be relevant to the next person who may stumble into this issue.

rassett
01-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Hello I am currently having this exact same problem with a g60 model I just got. I was wondering if the 2 people who posted in this thread with this issue had resolved it. I would like to know if reinstalling/restoring windows worked before i try that. I have already double and triple checked that I don't have the speakers muted, that they are not disabled and reinstalled the drivers. Thanks.

Speakers work in Bios but never worked/work in windows.