PDA

View Full Version : Which Asus software do I really need with my Maximus VIII Hero ?

brkkab123
08-27-2016, 02:28 AM
I just built my Maximus VIII Hero pc last month. Which Asus software do I really need to install? So far I have AI Suite 3, AURA, Asus Boot Setting, Asus PC Diagnostics, ROG RAMCache and SonicSuite 2 & SonicRadar installed.
Do I need GameFirst IV or anything else ?
I do more than just gaming withg my pc, so I'm unsure of what else I truly need.
As for parts I have a few upgrades left.
Next month I'm getting some red led case fans to replace my NZXT Phantom 820's stock fans. Going with 4 140mm. & 2 200mm. 2 200mm, are intakwa, 1 140mm. is exhaust and 3 140mm. are intakes. I also have my Arctic Liquid Freezer 240's 4 120mm. fans as exhaust in push/pull on top of case.
In October I'll be upgrading my 2 MSI GeForce GTX 760 2.0GBs in SLI to a single Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 8GB video card.

In either November, December or January, I'll be taking out the Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 and putting in a EKWB EK XLC Predator 240 QDC in push/pull exhaust.

antonyfrn
08-28-2016, 10:07 AM
I just have AURA installed even if its really used, if you don't have a separate sound card install the software for that the rest imp you don't need and does cause more problems than anything.

With the other software issues ive had range from keyboard and mouse not working network speed cut by at least 50% even after removing the software. AiSuite don't bother installing causes more issues than good.

Eric_F
08-28-2016, 10:58 AM
I have the Aura software installed to set the color behavior on the PCH LED on my M8H, also the Asus OEM driver for the sound chipset which includes Sonic Studio. I also have the included ROG versions of CPU-Z and MemTweakIt installed, and that's it.

Although AI Suite III is supposed to be fixed now, I don't use it. I do all my overclocking in the BIOS, and the fans and water pump can all be set up in the BIOS as well. I tried AI Suite, and when it was behaving, it always seed to lag just a tiny bit on fan control, so I prefer the BIOS. Even with n ASUS graphics card, I use MSI Afterburner to tweak it and control its fan, too. HWiNFO64 and CoreTemp are free programs that can replace the monitoring in AI Suite. If you want a software-based overclocking tool, you can use Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility as well.

I don't use Keybot either -- my Steelseries keyboard has its own macro control in its driver, so I don't want to have conflicting software.

brkkab123
08-29-2016, 04:29 AM
Actually I noticed something about AI Suite 3. A week ago someone posted about a newer version of it for the Z170 Pro. I downloaded it and a lot of the AI Suite 3 issues disappeared.
I don't know why Asus hasn't put that version on the Maximus Hero VIII's download page, as it works fine.
P.S. Live Update now works. It didn't in any of the other versions in Windows 10 for the Maximus VIII Hero.
The one thing I wished could be done on the Hero with Aura is that the Hero logo near the backplate I wish would light up, too.
That would be nice.
Mine will look better in a week and half when I receive my new red led case fans.
I'm ordering 4 Bitfenix Spectre Pro red led 140mm. and 2 Bitfenix Spectre Pro red led 200mm.
That will match my case and Hero VIII's red led scheme I have.
Then in October I'm gonna get a Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 8GB. I'm gonna make the Sapphire logo on it red, too.

brkkab123
08-29-2016, 04:38 AM
My fan configuration is gonna be as follows:
200mm. intake - lower front panel
200mm. intake - side panel
2 140mm. intake- front bottom of case
1 140mm intake- inside case on cases pivot mount pointing towards video card
140mm exhaust - back panel
Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 in push/pull exhaust- top of case
The Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 is gonna be upgraded to a EKWB EK Predator XLC 240 QDCin push/pull exhaust in a few months.
Hopefully EKWB will come out with a addon for the Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 8GB video card soon.
If they do I'll be getting it.

Menthol
08-29-2016, 04:48 AM
ASUS RX 480 Srtix video cards have a very nice logo on the back plate with LED lights if you want to keep your ASUS theme , it's a beautiful card