PDA

View Full Version : G752VL Can't wake from sleep?

TheDeclaimer
08-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Hi,

I have an issue with my G752VL. I did a clean install of Windows and the for some reason, the computer won't wake from sleep. When I choose "Sleep" from the Start menu and wake the laptop up with the power button, I get the lock screen but it froze right away. Sometimes I can use the cursor.

If I use the lid to put it to sleep, waking it up results in a black screen but I can hear the fans and whatnot.

I did the following in order to resolve it.

1. Reinstalling all chipset drivers
2. Disabling Wake on LAN for both the WLAN and LAN devices
3. Reflashing the BIOS to an older version
4. Resetting the BIOS to default

Is there something I'm missing? I haven't installed the entirety of the ASUS utilities, however. To be honest, I don't mind shutting it down because it boots up really fast.

Gps3dx
08-28-2016, 07:21 PM
"chipset drivers" are just info for the system to recognize missing drivers that might be recognizable from the "windows drivers store", aka windows-update service - thus NO driver is actually installed by installing intel INF driver.

My guess is that you're missing either a proper installation of the ATK driver ( from asus official support page ) which provides also some ACPI drivers as well,
or you're missing a proper installation of Nvidia graphics drivers ( which is related to the screen, and it is known to be connected with the "sleep" abilities of the computer ).

Dan87
08-29-2016, 11:53 AM
Hi. I had the same problem with my ROG GL552VW. I know it's a different laptop model, however I have found on the internet that the sleep problem is common to Asus (and ROGs particularly) laptops.

It seems that the only thing that can solve the sleep problem is:

1-Flash your BIOS with the latest version
2-If you already have the latest version, RE-Flash your BIOS with it.

The problem should go away. Before doing that, I updated my video card and wifi drivers, however that did not solve anything. Good luck (and be certain to download the right BIOS version)