PDA

View Full Version : upgrade my old G75VX videocard possible?

pka4916
08-28-2016, 05:55 PM
I have a GTX 670MX videocard in this notebook.
But since I render a lot of 3D, I need a more powerful card.

There is a 770 M card. would I be able to upgrade to that? or am I SOL with this notebook?

httuner
08-30-2016, 05:31 AM
I use to have that same laptop; Its a killer powerful laptop. I was able to overclock that card to a significant amount which made it that much more powerful; I think nearing GTX 680m speeds.

Anyhow that was back about 3 years ago, Considering the progress of being able to run a eGPU setup! on thunderbolt, that my friend is what you need to be focusing towards. eGPU has come a long way so definitely look at that as your answer.

The GTX670MX is a powerful card, you just need to run a custom bios with a tiny voltage increase with unlocked overclocking capabilities and of course good new thermal paste; Its a bit of work but you'll enjoy it so much more that way; I've lost all my custom files I made when I was messing with the G75VX, perhaps googling around you'll find something. Upgrading to a 770m could be tricky also; plus I think its rather expensive; you will need to flash a working vbios to the card so that the motherboard can detect it; something along those lines.

GO eGPU!