PDA

View Full Version : RealBench Challenge 2016 - Win next-gen motherboard!

AkaNe0
08-29-2016, 05:53 AM
Thanks to the community feedbacks we've been improving RealBench Benchmark over the past years. Few months ago we launch a new version called RealBench HWBOT Edition (http://hwbot.org/benchmark/realbench_hwbot_version/) in direct link with HWBOT.org database.

Till the end of this year, 4 different challenges will occurred online. The top3 overall in the ranking will be able to win the next-generation of ROG motherboard!

The competition is open to all, but cooling method are limited to air / water cooling (above 30 degrees in temperature).

So get your rig ready and join (http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/realbench_challenge_2016_i), starting from September 2nd.

Challenge I (http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/realbench_challenge_2016_i)runs from September 2nd to September 12th
Challenge II runs from September 30th to October 10th
Challenge III runs from October 28th to November 7th
Challenge IV runs from November 25th to December 5th

Overall Leaderboard (http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/realbench_challenge_2016)

For each challenge, a limitation will be implemented. For this first Challenge, submissions are limited to four core enabled. You can read the full rules on the official competition page (http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/realbench_challenge_2016_i/3127/realbench_hwbot_version_(per_core)).

Download the latest RealBench HWBOT Edition (http://hwbot.org/benchmark/realbench_hwbot_version/). Note, we are working on having an integrated temperature reading for the benchmark. It should be ready in the days to come, so make sure to check the latest version before starting to bench on September 2nd.

Regarding the prizes, for each of the challenge, top1 will received a prize package. 3 random lucky draw will be awarded as well. The top3 of the overall ranking (sum of points from 4 challenges + bonus points) will win in exclusivity the next generation of ROG motherboard.

Read more on the ROG website (http://rog.asus.com/24642016/overclocking/online-overclocking-competitions-are-back-with-rog-oc-showdown--realbench-challenge/).

meankeys
08-31-2016, 07:38 AM
Way to go guy's
It's good to see the community and ASUS giving back. not only with there high tech and innovating products but these challenges and give a ways.
Thank You

I look forward in joining in the fun :)

AkaNe0
08-31-2016, 08:43 AM
Looking forward to see you jumping into the competition!

Hope you will like the different challenges for RealBench. Each will have a specific limitation.

Challenge I is limited to 4 cores! Good luck everyone.

meankeys
09-03-2016, 03:08 AM
Ok - I am in. Come and get me :)

I had to dig around for the competition background as the DL link was not working. Thanks to Websmile over at the bot has provided this link till they update.

REALBENCH CHALLENGE 2016 - CHALLENGE I Competition Wallpaper - http://forum.hwbot.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4665&d=1472826986

Menthol
09-04-2016, 04:07 AM
OK - I'm coming, day one and it's a battle already, going to run out of steam early, on a good note my CPU seems to be overclocking pretty well and have another binned chip in the mail

I tried uploading a saved file but it would work, thought I was going to bench one day and upload saved results, guess not, anyone else able to upload saved results?

Menthol
09-04-2016, 04:09 AM
Hey whats wrong with my signature?

meankeys
09-04-2016, 11:45 AM
Menthol very nice scores. I knew you would be the one to beat. I been having the same problem uploading. If you submit your results through the bot then join the comp from there it works. I think it worked for me. I will be testing again later since 3rd place just dont cut it. lol
Keep pushing it baby:cool:

AkaNe0
09-05-2016, 05:42 AM
OK - I'm coming, day one and it's a battle already, going to run out of steam early, on a good note my CPU seems to be overclocking pretty well and have another binned chip in the mail

I tried uploading a saved file but it would work, thought I was going to bench one day and upload saved results, guess not, anyone else able to upload saved results?

I tried to upload saved score in two different ways. One wasn't working..

1) Once saved the file, go to HWBOT to upload. The file couldn't be read by HWBOT.

2) I log in first to HWBOT through the RealBench benchmark and then save upload file. Went to HWBOT and submit my score and here it worked.

Could you try the two different way and let me know if 1) / 2) worked?

meankeys
09-05-2016, 12:45 PM
I will try that later to day. thanks

Menthol
09-05-2016, 11:46 PM
AkaNe,

Did you try saving the file, rebooting your PC and uploading the file, that's the issue, let's see what meankeys reports back with

AkaNe0
09-06-2016, 02:40 AM
AkaNe,

Did you try saving the file, rebooting your PC and uploading the file, that's the issue, let's see what meankeys reports back with

I tried and it didn't worked. I have the following message on HWBOT.

Menthol, without signing in though RealBench during the time the benchmark was running, were you able to upload your score later on via HWBOT?

Menthol
09-07-2016, 01:03 AM
AkaNe,
I didn't try that, I believe what we were wondering is if we boot with minimal services running, with out internet access you can get higher scores, then save the score, reboot in normal mode and upload the saved file, there are several benchmarks that this can be done with, as long as it's a level playing field for all is what really matters
Thanks for your help
Interested to see what the next stage of the competition is and the next, etc. to see how competitive I can be, I love new motherboards:)

AkaNe0
09-09-2016, 01:58 AM
AkaNe,
I didn't try that, I believe what we were wondering is if we boot with minimal services running, with out internet access you can get higher scores, then save the score, reboot in normal mode and upload the saved file, there are several benchmarks that this can be done with, as long as it's a level playing field for all is what really matters
Thanks for your help
Interested to see what the next stage of the competition is and the next, etc. to see how competitive I can be, I love new motherboards:)

So for now it's not possible to do so. We are going to add it to the list for next version of the benchmark.

For this challenge, make sure your submit your score with your internet connection enable!

Menthol
09-12-2016, 12:58 AM
Things are getting exciting in the last day of

32GB of Gskill B-die with the ASUS bios preset for these modules made a big difference for me

meankeys
09-12-2016, 01:39 AM
Yes they are :) I am pushing my cache and memory to there limits.

AkaNe0
09-12-2016, 01:44 AM

Ten hours left for the challenge, and you are doing super well guys!

Menthol
09-12-2016, 02:25 AM

You are pushing your cache aren't you

Menthol
09-12-2016, 02:28 AM
Ten hours left for the challenge, and you are doing super well guys!

AkaNe@ASUS,
Yes we are trying to keep RealBench win in house, it's kind of a personal thing for us

Arne Saknussemm
09-12-2016, 12:16 PM
You guys already seen new CPU drivers? http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83393-RealBench-Hwbot-Edition-Insights-and-Discussion&p=607983&viewfull=1#post607983

"relatively new" so I thought I'd post up...I would like to presume they are newer=better?:o

Menthol
09-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Arne,
I don't think any driver would have helped me, I tried to increase my score but was going in the wrong direction yesterday, got schooled by a master

AkaNe
When will hardware needed and rules be posted for round 2

meankeys
09-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Thanks Arne :)
I was using them. that took me from 8600 or so to 10032 RB OpenCL score. :) With a STRIX GTX 1080 OC. It was a nice challenge to keep those Temps in check while pushing It.
As Menthol said I would like to here more about the next challenge. :)

Thanks Guy's

AkaNe0
09-13-2016, 03:11 AM
Arne,
I don't think any driver would have helped me, I tried to increase my score but was going in the wrong direction yesterday, got schooled by a master

AkaNe
When will hardware needed and rules be posted for round 2

Rules for Challenge II will be announced on September 27th, few days before it start on September 30th.

Congratz to everyone. We should have the results later today / tomorrow for the first Challenge.

meankeys
09-22-2016, 09:25 PM
Any Updates?
ty

jab383
09-23-2016, 04:08 PM
It is announced on HWBOT that the next stage is for 2011-3 sockets. (but on the rules page for the competition, X99 boards are not allowed -- some editing needed there.)

Isn't it nice that I just got an R5E10 together. Now to overclock it.

meankeys
09-24-2016, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up :)

Menthol
09-27-2016, 01:45 AM
jab383, put the socket 2011v3 away, seems things have changed, hopefully the hardware to be used is cleared up, I am a little confused at the moment

AkaNe0
09-27-2016, 03:09 AM
jab383, put the socket 2011v3 away, seems things have changed, hopefully the hardware to be used is cleared up, I am a little confused at the moment

Sorry guys, it was a miscommunication with HWBOT. The Challenge II will be limited to 4200MHz.

Hardware wise, socket LGA 2011-3 and TitanX graphics cards (both generation) will NOT be allowed. So you can use whatever hardware you want except those.

You can find the Competition page here (http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/realbench_challenge_2016_ii).

You can refer to the discussion thread or ask me here, if any other confusion on your side.

meankeys
09-27-2016, 07:54 AM
hmm... Looks like I will be breaking down my main rig to bench this one :) Rampage IV Black Ed 3960X

Menthol
09-27-2016, 02:34 PM
I sold my X-79 a while back and am not going to purchase another complete system for this competition

jab383
09-27-2016, 07:35 PM
RATS! Still have a lot to do with the 6950X, but I'll have to put it aside for now.

I wonder which will score better at 4200MHZ on a R4E (if it still works), 4930K or 3970X. It may be down to which one has the better IMC.

meankeys
09-29-2016, 01:30 AM
I sold my X-79 a while back and am not going to purchase another complete system for this competition

Out with the old in with the new :) I do the same thing Les just sometimes you don't get the return on some older HW. I still have a RIVBE,MVE,RVE,MVIIH,MVIIIE,X99 DELUXE

Menthol
09-29-2016, 03:15 AM
It is what it is my friend, I'm waiting to see a X-79 score at 4.2 compared to a 6700k

AkaNe0
09-29-2016, 05:16 AM
It's going to be interesting Challenge!

Menthol
09-29-2016, 03:39 PM
I dislike the sandbagging that happens in these challenges, makes it difficult to re-submit depending what time zone you live in
AkaNe@Asus,
AkaNe@Asus, the rules should state when there is a mhz cap, no frequency or blck changing during the bench run, AKA OC Panel, something I didn't but should have done on the first challenge
Rules page still doesn't say no Titan X Pascal

jab383
09-29-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm working a 4930K into shape now. I'll post what it does tomorrow, but if HWMonitor temperatures don't straighten out that won't be in the Challenge.

With you on the sandbagging.

jab383
09-29-2016, 09:39 PM
Here is one quick and dirty, in RB 2.43, not the HWBOT version and still need to tune up the video card. Anyone have a comparison on a Skylake?

Edit: Note the min. core 3 temperature. This is with 26.5 C water. As it is I can enter the challenge, but after letting the water heat up.

meankeys
09-30-2016, 01:42 AM
Just for the heck of it I did a no frills run on the X79 - 3930X - H110 cooler - no tweaks still in the case and my bloted OS. A few things to notice

1 no spec's showed up in RB? and muti set 42x100 = 4200 mhz
2 HW monitor showing clocks speed reaching almost 4400 mhz

Not really impressed with the score. all thing considered I guess it's ok

Menthol
09-30-2016, 02:06 AM
I made a quick run on my daily Skylake same daily OS all services and background apps running, not to far behind, I was thinking it may be fairly close with improvements in architecture

Menthol
09-30-2016, 02:09 AM
I made a quick run on my daily Skylake same daily OS all services and background apps running, not to far behind, I was thinking it may be fairly close with improvements in architecture

Not going to beat out the 6 core CPU's but I guess i can at least post a score to stay in the challenge

meankeys
09-30-2016, 07:42 AM
Yes please stay in the comp. as there are two more challenges to go.

AkaNe0
09-30-2016, 08:52 AM
I dislike the sandbagging that happens in these challenges, makes it difficult to re-submit depending what time zone you live in
AkaNe@Asus,
AkaNe@Asus, the rules should state when there is a mhz cap, no frequency or blck changing during the bench run, AKA OC Panel, something I didn't but should have done on the first challenge

For TitanX, it's now added.

Regarding the Mhz cap, what do you mean?

Menthol
09-30-2016, 01:10 PM
AkaNe@Asus,
Sent you a PM with an explanation on OC Panel usage with RealBench, the OC Panel is kind of a not much talked about benefit for ROG board owners, and can take some trial end error to learn it's use, I am by no means an OC Panel expert and have only used it on RealBench and X-79 motherboard combined with ROG connect feature and a laptop made use of changing settings on the fly easier than with just the OC Panel, maybe a discontinued feature to bring back

jab383
10-01-2016, 01:38 PM
I think I smell one of those clock shifts in the Image Editing stage in a top submission already.

Menthol: glad you got your temperatures up without too much cost in score.

Menthol
10-01-2016, 08:18 PM
it's not his only smelly entry but I am not saying anything, as Joe Biden would say "Malarkey"

meankeys
10-01-2016, 08:28 PM
It is defiantly possible to do. may be in the future have the contestants show clock speeds in HW Monitor as well as temps. (this will show the min. - max clocks used)

Menthol
10-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Nice 3960 score meankeys, at the top where you belong
I negotiated to purchase my X-79 setup back from whom I sold it to, regretted selling it anyway, I'll be swapping over in a couple days and be back in the running soon enough

meankeys
10-02-2016, 02:17 AM
good to hear... or may be not haha

Ill be waiting :)

jab383
10-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Meankeys: I did show those clocks - steady 4200 min, max and current. They look convincing.

The problem is the same as in other temperature or clock limited competitions -- getting the people to run HWMonitor before and during the bench. It's possible to make it look good no matter what clocks or temperatures were during the run.

btw, I thought you dropkicked that R4Black in frustration. It's worked for you this time.

Menthol
10-04-2016, 01:15 AM
It's been longer than I thought, the bios on the RIVE looks so strange, good thing there is a cap on frequency, I forgot this set of memory set a blck of 125, have no idea any more on DDR3 timings

meankeys
10-04-2016, 01:44 AM
Nice run Menthol
Should I worries :)

Menthol
10-04-2016, 04:24 AM
Nice run Menthol
Should I worries :)

Thanks, I am not sure yet, I need to re-install an OS, I just transferred drive from MVIII and changed drivers, like starting over on this platform, IV-E should be able to out perform a SB-E if I have the skills is another question

meankeys
10-04-2016, 07:39 AM
with that thought.... I am worried. Dont tell anyone but I i cant even beat the score I posted :rolleyes:

Menthol
10-07-2016, 03:31 AM
meankeys looks like I can't get to your score buddy

meankeys
10-10-2016, 10:27 PM
Man thats some BS there... taking my 2nd best score :(

Sore looser's - I work ma azz off for that score.

meankeys
10-11-2016, 12:56 AM
OK explain this - was my 155+ score cheating or a bugged run?

http://hwbot.org/submission/3338034_meankeys_realbench_hwbot_version_core_i7_3 930k_166097_points?recalculate=true

Menthol
10-11-2016, 02:38 AM
I know you wouldn't cheat, are you going to contest this

meankeys
10-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Theres no fun in winning if you have to cheat to win. the 166 run was bugged and thats why I did not submit it. I dont think my 6950x ever produced a 283+ encoding score.

rules state they can reject any sub. all is fair in love and war... Just sucked the wind from my sails. I am a big boy ill get over it i will get another chance in the next challenge.

Wizerty
10-12-2016, 02:33 PM
Hi guys,

I wasn't aware of this forum.maybe we can share some tweak ;).

I don't like sandbagging neither... but well, when you play hard on Hwbot then you don't have choice. Other people use and abuse sandbagging :( .
On this contest you can't call it sandbagging because you can't save file... it's more a last day bench. but yeah, I understand your feeling ;)

For stage one I completely forgot the challenge, and figure out it was the last day during the evening. I had to bench all night until 3am, and then, wake up at 7 to go to work...

For stage two I expected to submit early really high score to get 2 extra point with most view submition. I got a good 6950x, but then rules changed and my R4BE+4930k was not at home. I asked my friend to send the hardware back but 10days is really quick when you don't have hardware ready. This is why I submited early score with 6700k, waiting for X79 rig.

For stage 3, if I have hardware ready I will do me best to submit score earlier ;) and try to go easy with sandbag haha :D

AkaNe@Asus,
Sent you a PM with an explanation on OC Panel usage with RealBench...
I used it for round 1, it help a lot to boost score, test1 is easy on cpu so you can go much higher.
Too bad round 2 was 4.2 only, my 4930k is golden++, I had all WR with it.

To avoid CPU overheating on skylake/ivy/haswell... you have to delid cpu and use conductonaut. here is a how to (but in french sorry...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeUAHJcow2Y

Just for the heck of it I did a no frills run on the X79 - 3930X - H110 cooler - no tweaks still in the case and my bloted OS. A few things to notice
1 no spec's showed up in RB? and muti set 42x100 = 4200 mhz
2 HW monitor showing clocks speed reaching almost 4400 mhz
Not really impressed with the score. all thing considered I guess it's ok

My english is probably not good enough to understand, and the picture is not available (at least I can't see it).
What was your issue ? If cpu-z show 4.2 I guess it's 4.2 but all these software have strange behavior sometime.

---
GPU-MEM frenquency droping on OpenCL test :
For gpu you can use K-boost (someone already give the tips on hwbot)
For mem you need to flash bios with high mem on bios. It's because opencl don't use same P-state as Dx. I don't know the benefits but on 1080 pushing memory really help.

Wondering ( if not maybe you can try), do you use software to set priority on Gimp-2.8.exe, handbreak, vlc... ?

I don't know why but set affinity on real core (0-2-4-6-8-10) don't help on test one. Strange because real core are faster than hyper thread one, but no gain.

I also spent a lot of time on memory. don't bother you with quad channel, even tri channel don't help that much.
Sometime it's even fastest with 2stick @high frequency than 4 stick. R4BE LOVE to turn off some DIMM slot when you push too high with 4 DIMM.
I tried up to 2880c9 2.05V but benefit from 2700+ to 2880 is not huge and system become less stable on the edge. If you have time you can play with RTK-IO, CLK period...

Have you tried black and white theme ? Low resolution help a lot, but maybe some theme can be faster than windows "best performance" mode ? any idea?

meankeys
10-12-2016, 10:47 PM
Hi Wizerty
Congrats on the win in challenge II. Most of the tweaks I use are in the RB Tweaks thread. There are a few others I would rather not share till after the comp. :rolleyes: memory timings do play a big part and give me a good boost in score for the Gimp and multitasking. at least for me any way. My win 7 OS is stripped down to it's birthday suet and was running in the very high 140's low 150's
I continued playing around and tweaking (not to be mentioned now) and pulled a 152+ score. So I posted it thinking that was the best I could get out of this setup. I played around some more and noticed some strange anomalies in the different parts of the bench on every other run - If run in subsection. That yielded me the 155+ run. Playing around even more things got really weird like the 166 run I posted above. After that the only thing I could contribute it to was a very unstable OS thus giving me the bugged runs.

Wizerty
10-13-2016, 09:40 AM
Hi Wizerty
Congrats on the win in challenge II. Most of the tweaks I use are in the RB Tweaks thread. There are a few others I would rather not share till after the comp. :rolleyes: memory timings do play a big part and give me a good boost in score for the Gimp and multitasking. at least for me any way. My win 7 OS is stripped down to it's birthday suet and was running in the very high 140's low 150's
I continued playing around and tweaking (not to be mentioned now) and pulled a 152+ score. So I posted it thinking that was the best I could get out of this setup. I played around some more and noticed some strange anomalies in the different parts of the bench on every other run - If run in subsection. That yielded me the 155+ run. Playing around even more things got really weird like the 166 run I posted above. After that the only thing I could contribute it to was a very unstable OS thus giving me the bugged runs.
152+ with SB-E is already HUUUUGE. 208k on T1 and 196k on T2 is impressive, I can't get such efficiency even with 49xx.
Because of better performance at same speed "clock to clock" i7 49xx gave an advantage. With IVY-E you would have been untouchable :o

For T4 all my best run was without driver -> 200k. but without driver you can't run openCL, or only on cpu but 30k is not enough.
I find a way to install driver, run t1 - t2 -t3, then disable driver and run t4. But when you do this, the screen blink one time between t3 and t4 and software stop working because of "move mouse"... I tried to remove mousse from the motherborad but still, when driver shutdown screen blink and softare stop because of "move mousse".
I'm pretty sur we can find a solution to this, but I don't find it yet. Maybe I can try to disable mousse and then disable driver. If we can reach 200k t4 it's 1k boost overall, not so bad.
If someone find how to make it work, I hope he will share ;)

Do you know how the overall score is calculated ? I like to do some math when tweaking :D

PS : AkaNe@Asus
can we have a leader-board for all stage ?

I did a quick "summarize" to see who are "dangerous" for top3 (if I understand well top3 will get upcoming MB right ? ).
So far 8 OCer are in track. Most important thing is to submit score on all stage.

Menthol
10-13-2016, 02:36 PM
You 2 have taken it to a level I haven't gone to, I am not as good tweaking an OS as you guys
A leaderboard for all stages would be nice
A little more warning on what hardware would also be nice, I also started with Skylake until I purchased a X-79 setup, as you said Wizerty, meankeys efficiency was very good, I thought I was going to top his SB-E for sure

I am a little confused on the extra point, rules give a date for the extra point in the middle of the challenge, first challenge I was awarded the point, then removed and awarded to round winner, where it should be given but confusing to me

Wizerty
10-13-2016, 03:53 PM
You 2 have taken it to a level I haven't gone to, I am not as good tweaking an OS as you guys
A leaderboard for all stages would be nice
A little more warning on what hardware would also be nice, I also started with Skylake until I purchased a X-79 setup, as you said Wizerty, meankeys efficiency was very good, I thought I was going to top his SB-E for sure

I am a little confused on the extra point, rules give a date for the extra point in the middle of the challenge, first challenge I was awarded the point, then removed and awarded to round winner, where it should be given but confusing to me
Yes, ranking is often "**** up" on ocesport. 3-4 days ago I asked Micheal why some points was missing, he told me to wait the end of the contest to have "real" points.

To be sure to get +1 you need to be top10 on :
RB I : September 6th
RB II : October 4th
RB III : November 1st
RB IV : November 29th
If your are top 10 then don't look at the amount of point you have during contest, it will be updated to the correct amount at the end of the stage.

"The overclocker with the maximum unique submission views will be awarded of +2 points. "
BUT, for this one it's harder... no idea how to "win" it.
I guess people always look at the best score during the contest. To have more chance you need to submit good score really early.
If your score stay n°1 10day then you have more chance to get this 2points.

Any clue for next round ? AMD only ? i3 ? full out or low clock ?
AMD will be nice, but not sure my CH5 is still alive, and finding such MB is probably not easy.
It could be nice to restrict OS also, this contest also help to find bug... otherwise everyone use w7 and w8-w10 bug won't be find. And all me 3 windows7 are dead now :D.
Trying to tweak more and more and more kill OS really fast :p

meankeys
10-13-2016, 09:29 PM
I still dont understand the points thing. Windows 8 - 10 never really scored well for me. also win 8 - 10 are very sensitive to tweaking they corrupt very quickly. I hope not AMD I haven't used it in over 15 yrs.
I am hoping for X99 cap at 5 ghz no Broadwell-E same cooling restriction. then finish with no cap on freq. no extreme cooling.
We will have to wait and see.

AkaNe0
10-14-2016, 03:53 AM
Asking HWBOT right now to do the overall ranking. It's only working for ROG OCS Formula right now.

Regarding the points system, Wizerty, you got it right, for each of the challenge after some days, the top10 of the ranking will be awarded of an additional points. However, those points need to be added manually. So in the case, some submissions are removed, or ocer disqualified, this +1 point can change.

Best is to wait for the final ranking announcement to make sure who has the point -> It's the first time they do this system. Hope in the future it can be automated. The goal is to add a bit more spices into the game!

The +2 points of the most views for a single submission will be added at the end because, as for the +1, it's manual.

I confirm that at the end of the 4 challenges, all points awarded, the Top3 of the overall ranking will win the next generation of ROG motherboards (7th gen Intel CPU). Note, the motherboard will only be send after NDA is lifted, so might have to wait a bit :D BUT I can tell you guys.... it's worst the investment, so don't miss any challenge :p

Wizerty
10-15-2016, 07:01 AM
OK explain this - was my 155+ score cheating or a bugged run?
http://hwbot.org/submission/3338034_meankeys_realbench_hwbot_version_core_i7_3 930k_166097_points?recalculate=true
Hi,
I was writing a review about Challenge II yesterday for a French media.
At the end of this article I explain that I was second but your screen was remove.... and to be sure people won't think you are a cheater I tried to explain the reason why a screen can be remove :
-Wrong windows, forget a tab, to high frequency, bug run, cheat, to low temperature, wrong background....
Anyway I took a look to your 155+ screen and it seems you forget GUI

Validation screenshot must have:
-ROG CPU-Z CPU tab, Mainboard tab, Memory tab, SPD tab,
-GPU-Z,
-HWMonitor with CPU temperature (RealTemp and CoreTemp are not allowed),
-Realbench GUI and benchmark score

Maybe it's the reason why the screen have been remove ? high score + GUI missing ?
To be honest I don't know why this GUI is required.
For stage III be careful, many of your screen don't have GUI on stage I and II and as it's write in the rules better add it to the screen ;)

not official, only for my review. Menthol and Meankeys you are on good way for top3. If you are as good as I & II for III & IV then... :D
Acidsys, drWeez, Jab383 and jpmboy are still on track and can win if one of "us" fail.

Wizerty : 52
Menthol : 50
Meankeys : 48
Acidsys : 39
DrWeez : 37
Jab383 : 36
jpmboy: 36
spider220 : 23

meankeys
10-15-2016, 02:47 PM
Wizerty - thanks I see what you mean. I will be more careful when posting my screenshots. good luck to all in the next challenge.

AkaNe0
10-18-2016, 09:59 AM
Challenge III rules has been updated! This time, the challenge will be limited to 2 cores enable.

You can visit the competition page at this link (http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/realbench_challenge_2016_iii).

Prizes for the top1 are the Sheath with a Spatha mouse.

Good luck guys!

Menthol
10-18-2016, 02:22 PM
AkaNe@Asus, thanks for the heads up, does this mean a 2 core CPU, or disabling all but 2 cores of any but socket 2011v3

meankeys, what a bummer, I guess at least that's clear now

meankeys
10-18-2016, 09:34 PM
Looks like it's back to Skylake

AkaNe0
10-19-2016, 01:33 AM
AkaNe@Asus, thanks for the heads up, does this mean a 2 core CPU, or disabling all but 2 cores of any but socket 2011v3

It's two cores enabled. So it could be another platform, as long as only two cores do the job.

Note: For this Challenge, X99 motherboards and TitanX graphics cards are not allowed.

Wizerty
10-19-2016, 03:49 PM
Not sure yet. Skylake is faster at same speed, but maybe haswell or DC can clock higher.

@AkaNe : 2cores enable -> 2cores / 4 thread allowed ? Tks

jab383
10-19-2016, 08:04 PM

That's where I fell down in round 1. My really good 6700K lost much of its system agent - a channel of IMC and over half its PCIE lanes - while I was trying to push DRAM on a non-ASUS mobo. Using 1 stick of DRAM isn't conducive to good scores.

The replacement CPU is a more typical Skylake - slow. Per core score will be the best with that architecture, so maybe I need another lottery shot.

Jeff

Edit: Did anyone else notice that Realbench V2 and all its scores and rankings are gone from HWBOT?

samual
10-19-2016, 08:19 PM
@jab383

Noticed V2 was gone, I lost some metals.

Menthol
10-19-2016, 08:45 PM
Not sure yet. Skylake is faster at same speed, but maybe haswell or DC can clock higher.

This is what I am assuming considering the 4 core challenge allowed HT

AkaNe0
10-20-2016, 05:50 AM

Yes hyperthreading will be allowed. I requested hwbot to add this into the rules.

meankeys
10-23-2016, 02:57 PM
I am thinking a score between 115 to 120+ will take the gold in challenge III

Menthol
10-25-2016, 12:47 AM
Disabling cores will be a first for me, anything I should know? will it affect how the IMC handles memory modules? Can I still clock memory the same?
I guess I will find out the answers to my questions soon enough

meankeys
10-25-2016, 08:03 AM
Not sure what platform your going with but so far everything seems the same just a bit slower. :)

jab383
10-25-2016, 01:16 PM
It should be the same as reducing cores for single-threaded benchmarks like SuperPi. I remember one challenge on this forum for only the GIMP stage of Realbench. Same thing there -- enabling only 2 cores ( and I think that one ran best without hyperthreading) let core clocks run higher without any effect on IMC or DRAM speed.

meankeys
10-26-2016, 12:09 AM
Jab
I remember that challenge :) I was scoring higher with HT on though

Menthol
10-28-2016, 10:59 PM
Damn, it's guns a blazing right out of thee gate
meankeys, using his secrete sauce, I am never going to keep up with you, hoping to keep my 3rd place going

meankeys
10-29-2016, 01:46 AM
Got to keep that sandbagging to a minimum :)

meankeys
10-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Wow some really nice scores going up. gona be tough to beat

Wizerty
10-30-2016, 11:02 AM
Jab
I remember that challenge :) I was scoring higher with HT on though

Edit : screenshot are cut on this forum, click on picture to see it uncut
We need HT yes.
I tried with HT and without HT -> 107k Vs 98K.
some CPU will go faster without HT but 10k is huge and you will need a lot of MHz to have 10k.

Target :i5 & i7

http://zupimages.net/up/16/43/7blo.png (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/43/7blo.png)

http://zupimages.net/up/16/43/0v43.png (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/43/0v43.png)

Also did some screen to help french guys, maybe it can help other poeple also :
http://zupimages.net/up/16/43/ejrk.png (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/43/ejrk.png)

http://zupimages.net/up/16/43/gpae.png (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/43/gpae.png)

http://zupimages.net/up/16/43/dmxd.png (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/43/dmxd.png)

If you want to follow https://www.facebook.com/FFOverClocking/

Menthol
10-30-2016, 03:27 PM
Wizerty, good to see you in these forums, meankeys, "tough to beat", I can't keep up this round, my CPU hit a wall, or I hit a wall

meankeys
10-30-2016, 05:38 PM
If you look close I switched my memory to the 16 GB kit. It runs faster and that allowed me the higher score. Not sure if I can squeeze any more. playing with diff OS now.
I also did some testing with a 6320 (some non K OC) but it preforms the same may be a bit weaker so I went back to 6700K

Detleg
10-30-2016, 05:43 PM
Oi guys :)

meankeys
10-30-2016, 06:04 PM
Hay bud its been awhile hope all is well :)

Detleg
10-30-2016, 06:13 PM
all is good bro, coming back slowly but surely just need to get back up to date with some hardware :D

meankeys
10-30-2016, 08:09 PM
Great! love to see ya back in the game

Wizerty
11-01-2016, 08:12 AM
Wizerty, good to see you in these forums, meankeys, "tough to beat", I can't keep up this round, my CPU hit a wall, or I hit a wall
Mine too. not my best one, but a good chip I find 2 weeks ago.
I don't want to kill the best so I tried with the 2nd best but it hit a wall @ 5 GHz.
1.45 V is enough for 5 GHz but 1.55 V is not stable at 5.06 :(

I will probably reach 119k, maybe 120k, but not sure yet for 120+.
Gubben will be really hard to catch

AkaNe0
11-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Leaderboard for RealBench Challenge is available here (http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/realbench_challenge_2016).

It's going to be tight between Wiz, Menthol and Meankeys!

Don't forget, it's some additional points that will be awarded only at the end of the 4 challenges.

Wizerty
11-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Yes, tight, really tight, so I asked backup !!!

http://zupimages.net/up/16/44/43bb.jpg (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/44/43bb.jpg)

I'm done with this CPU. I will bench with my good one if Us guys update score :D
good luck ;)

meankeys
11-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Wiz... you look familiar :)

meankeys
11-02-2016, 07:42 AM
Anyones multitasking test running twice before giving score?

Wizerty
11-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Anyones multitasking test running twice before giving score?
Do you check time ? because 2cores is two time slower probably.

As I set resolution to 800x600 I can't see when test is over, maybe it run twice.
How do you know it run twice ? I can test later today with high resolution to be sure.

jab383
11-02-2016, 01:19 PM
I get the video playing through nearly twice in the time Handbrake needs to finish, but that's really one run because Handbrake sets the time.

My sorry 6700K gets to 4900 at 1.55Vcore temperature limited. Another try in the lottery at Microcenter came up worse. I'll try some more, but not expecting much better score at that clock.

meankeys
11-02-2016, 09:18 PM
I use 800x600 but I slide the RB window to the left a bit and I can see part of the desktop.

@Jab383 - Sorry about the dog... been there. I have 2 6700K the one am using is doing very well. the other one not sure . going to find out tho ;)

Menthol
11-07-2016, 01:23 AM
Glad this round is over, before I kill something trying to compete, think I'll still be in good shape overall, ready to see what next and final stage will be

meankeys
11-07-2016, 08:48 AM
Me too... I was pushing so hard it was pushing back haha I work my azz off on this bench. wasnt till the end I broke the 120 mark.

Wiz very nice! untouchable

Came down to having a really good chip fast memory and your own bag of tweaks.

good showing congrats everyone

Wizerty
11-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Me too... I was pushing so hard it was pushing back haha I work my azz off on this bench. wasnt till the end I broke the 120 mark.

Wiz very nice! untouchable

Came down to having a really good chip fast memory and your own bag of tweaks.

good showing congrats everyone
You guys already have all the tweak, your efficiency is good -> it's all on cpu :(
124+k is done with my best chip, with other one I was stuck at 120-121k.
I have a better OS that score 2k more on test1 (162k instead of 160k but I don't know why). I tried to used it but cpu was "tired" and I was not able to bench at 5150 again.
During first hour cpu was 5170 test2 and 5150 test4 but after hours I lost few MHz.
Test1 is 5350 MHz

I can share with you my memory setting if you want, but there is nothing "crazy"
If you want I can explain you how to boost test3, it gave me hard time, but I finally find how to max the card

I hope The Baron and gubben won't bench again :( it's more comfortable when other people don't know your score. Now I feel like I have a target on my a** :D

Menthol
11-07-2016, 01:57 PM
lol the whole dynamic changed this round, congrats to both of you

meankeys
11-08-2016, 01:11 AM
Wiz I would be interested in knowing how you scored on test three. :)

meankeys
11-08-2016, 08:45 AM
I wonder what is in store for us in challenge 4

Wizerty
11-08-2016, 11:01 AM
Wiz I would be interested in knowing how you scored on test three. :)
Sure, but I already told you how ;)
It's written on my first post here :
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87362-RealBench-Challenge-2016-Win-next-gen-motherboard!&p=612193&viewfull=1#post612193

"GPU-MEM frenquency droping on OpenCL test :
For gpu you can use K-boost (someone already give the tips on hwbot)
For mem you need to flash bios with high mem on bios. It's because opencl don't use same P-state as Dx. I don't know the benefits but on 1080 pushing memory really help."

I will make a guide after challenge IV if you want, meanwhile find bellow some infos to help you to understand :
Almost all VGA decrease GPU et MEM frequency to save energy, reduce T°... when you don't need full performance.
To see this you can open GPU-Z sensor tab and look at GPU and MEM frequency.
If you don't run 3d test -> frequency will be really low, for example 400 MHz on GPU and 250 MHz on MEM. This is the lowest Pstat, for example P08

Then you have other Pstat, P01 is the fastest one, the one used for 3d benchmark... P01 frequency will be 1400 MHz & 1650 MHz
BUT there is also P05 and other Pstat set with frequency between P08 and P01

Now open GPU-Z sensor, look at frequency. Run 3d test, look at frequency, Run opencL test and look at frequency.
Even if you use Kboost or NvPmanager... to force VGA to use P01, when OpenCL start the card will switch back to....an other Pstat.

When you set 1500 MHz and 2000 MHz on GPUtweak it apply this setting for P01, BUT Opencl don't use P01 (GPU frequency is sometime the same), but mem frequency won't.
If you want more performance then you need to set 2000 MHz on the good Pstat ;)

meankeys
11-08-2016, 09:58 PM
Thanks Wizerty

Interesting info. I will have to do some testing.

meankeys
11-09-2016, 08:59 AM
Guy's any thoughts as to what challenge IV may bring?

Wizerty
11-09-2016, 10:43 AM
x99 wouldn't has been forbidden -> 6950x :D
Ch I = 4c
Ch II = 6c
Ch III = 3c
Ch IV = 10c ?
But no clue...

jab383
11-09-2016, 01:10 PM
Here's an analysis of Ch III top ten scores looking at efficiency distinct from raw core clock.

I think this reinforces much of what Wizerty is saying. Core clock may be king in overclocking, but there are other factors which I think are as follows:

1. GPU tweaking - GPU clock and its memory - which is Wizerty's main point.
2. Realbench-specific tweaks such as screen resolution
3. DRAM tuning
4. Operating system efficiency

meankeys
11-10-2016, 02:25 AM
Wiz... X99 would be nice. May be not Broadwell-E :) I believe they are trying to get peeps with the more common hardware to allow for a better out come of participants.

@Jab - Nice thanks for the info.

Menthol
11-10-2016, 03:03 AM
I just hope no AMD, I don't have any

meankeys
11-10-2016, 08:43 AM
yeah... same here no AMD. I dont think i have used a AMD setup in over 15 yrs

Wizerty
11-10-2016, 08:59 AM
Wiz... X99 would be nice. May be not Broadwell-E :) I believe they are trying to get peeps with the more common hardware to allow for a better out come of participants.

@Jab - Nice thanks for the info.

@Jab : Nice BUT not 100% true.
My frequency is NOT 5130, at least it is for test4, but test1 was @5350 and test2 was @5150.
-> You can't divide score by fix freq. to get efficiency. if you want an accurate comparison you need to know the exact freq. for all sub test and find efficiency by subtest OR know how the global score is calculated. I tried to find the calculation method but not find it yet.

meankeys & Menthol can you share your freq. with us ?

Same OS, Same tweak, other timing (don't look at test1, freq. was not the same but test2-3-4 was 5145 +/-5 MHz.
-> Mem help on test2 and test4 LOVE mem
-> score on test3 increase by step, so far I'm stuck at 122999. Even if the rate is not the same 3272, 3287... score is always 122999. I'm sure I'm not far from next step but VGA was at is boundary already. GPU @1510 MEM @2000 give same result as @1560 MEM @2050.
When this happen better use safe freq. to avoid crash.

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/810038Sanstitre.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=810038Sanstitre.png)

jab383
11-10-2016, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the details Wizerty. Those clock shifts are what I meant to include in "Realbench-specific tweaks" but didn't say it well.

The coarse transform from samples per second to score in test 3 has long been a source of comment. You mention the usual tactic - keep it safe at the highest step the rig can reach.

Asus' desire for large turnout works against AMD processors. Likewise I expect them to continue to disallow X99. Their desire to increase current sales calls for the modern generation of CPU rather than restricting to Haswell or Ivy Bridge. My bet is on a restriction like a clock limit or disable hyperthreading for an 1151-pin CPU.

meankeys
11-10-2016, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE

meankeys & Menthol can you share your freq. with us ?

/QUOTE]

I could not get my OC panel working for some reason so my posted freq is what I used. If it was working I would have bumped up on test 1 and 4

Menthol
11-11-2016, 04:02 AM
I still haven't figured out the Panel, either I'm doing something wrong or it isn't working, I could use help with that

meankeys
11-11-2016, 08:53 AM
once you figure it out it easy to use. may be I will do a review on it. I think you need to have your MEI driver and ROG connect plus installed. if your turbo V is working then the OC panel should work as well.

Wizerty
11-11-2016, 02:23 PM
once you figure it out it easy to use. may be I will do a review on it. I think you need to have your MEI driver and ROG connect plus installed. if your turbo V is working then the OC panel should work as well.
Hum.... maybe I can help also on this.

First open your OCpanel and then look on PCB if you have OCpanel x.xx Or OCpalen II x.xx

http://zupimages.net/up/16/45/ajex.jpg (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/45/ajex.jpg)

If it's OCpanel II you can use the link bellow to update it, it really easy to use, open tool, choose firmeware root and it's done. If it's OCpanel "one" then I don't know if this firmeware can work or not, never try as I have both OCpanel.

Firmware 0109 ( this is static link so maybe not the last version)
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/OC_Panel_II/OC_PANEL2-0109.zip?_ga=1.217269398.1669935357.1470337540

Firmware Update Tool
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/OC_Panel_II/ROG_OC_Panel_FW_Update_v1032exe.zip?_ga=1.21726939 8.1669935357.1470337540

When Ocpanel is up to date then plug it to the MB, you don't need sata power if you don't use advance feature.
Install ROG connect plus and have fun ;)

ASUS ROG Connect Plus V1.00.30 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit / 8.1 64bit / 10 64bit.
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ROGConnectPlus_Win7-81-10_V10030.zip?_ga=1.208932754.1669935357.147033754 0

You need Intel management engine (IME) only to move BCLK, but if turboV is working then you already have it ;)

jab383
11-11-2016, 07:31 PM
The OC Panel II that comes with a M8E shouldn't need updating until it has to work with a R5E10. I have updated my panel for the R5E10, then used it with the M8E and realbench with no trouble, so the update shouldn't mess anything up.

The only trouble I had was when I forgot to start ROG Connect Plus - a blue screen when core clock stayed too high for encoding.

meankeys
11-11-2016, 11:10 PM
Thanks Guy's

Yes I updated the firmware. OC-Panel II for M8E and OC-Panel I for MVE. Do not use firmware for OC-Panel I on OC-Panel II will brick it but luckily I re-flashed with proper firmware and all is well. For those peeps that are not familiar with the OC-Panel. OC-Panel II has the lighted ROG logo. I have not messed with it since after the comp. But will be soon. I have been setting up my two R9 295X2's for some cool water benching. I thought these cards preformed very well stock so now it's time to push them :)

AkaNe0
11-16-2016, 09:24 AM
Results of the Challenge III as well as the Challenge IV has been announced!

This time, it will be a full out challenge, give all you have.

More info on the article news (http://rog.asus.com/articles/news/realbench-challenge-iii-the-results/).

jab383
11-16-2016, 02:28 PM
You know us by now, AkaNe. We need all the details every time. The article covers full-out and air/water cooling, but are the 2011-v3/X99 boards still disallowed?

Wizerty
11-16-2016, 03:51 PM
meankeys : What was the configuration you used to get such an high score on OpenCL test ? Gpu-z show only 1 card and picture also but it's 3 time higher than "normal" score?
https://d1ebmxcfh8bf9c.cloudfront.net/u47664/image_id_1693987.jpg

I think X99 is now allowed because full out = expensive rig with many expensive vga.... there is no point to disallow x99 anymore.

meankeys
11-16-2016, 10:17 PM
Wiz... Thats was a hickup? thats what I was trying to explain earlier in this thread when they pulled my best score in challenge II. I tried for hours to replicate that and could not. What it looked like was - 1 GTX 980 Ti slight OC and I installed the Intel Opencl driver 1.6.1 something (latest) when test 2 started I noticed 2 CPU and 1 GPU in the list. The curious thing was there were 2 check marks 1 GPU and 1 CPU when normally there is only 1 at the GPU.

Bottom line still cant explain it :rolleyes:

jab383
11-16-2016, 10:24 PM
Wizerty: That is the thinking that brought up the question. And there is that second part - limit on number of GPU??

meankeys
11-16-2016, 10:43 PM
Wiz. X99 a guess? or are the challenge IV rules out.
ty

meankeys
11-16-2016, 10:46 PM
Wizerty: That is the thinking that brought up the question. And there is that second part - limit on number of GPU??

I did only have 1 GPU installed - I was running the RB challenge setup at that time.

meankeys
11-16-2016, 10:50 PM
I stand corrected. looking at the picture I had 4x8 cores/threads on that run

Wizerty
11-17-2016, 08:10 AM
Wiz. X99 a guess? or are the challenge IV rules out.
ty
Only a guess, even if I talk with some asus peoples for other topic, they never and will never give me rules before it's public.

For me, full out on 1GPU and without x99 is not full out anymore :D
It's like : "you can go everywhere, but stay in you room" or "you can eat everything you want, but only vegetable"
:D

meankeys
11-17-2016, 08:40 AM
lol I hear ya

I read Akane post after I posted that. Air or water only. still no mention of X99 or broadwell-E

Menthol
11-17-2016, 01:40 PM
I guess ball is still in ASUS court, all rules still apply, no X-99, no Pascal, no temp below 20 degrees idle, I don't see limit on number of GPU's am I missing that?

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=163668

meankeys
11-17-2016, 10:00 PM
I guess all out means Skylake 4/8 threads multi GPU

Menthol
11-18-2016, 01:19 AM
or challenge 2 without cap.?

AkaNe0
11-18-2016, 02:23 AM
After discussion with HWBOT, as many overclockers requested it, we will allow LGA 2011-3. However Titan X Pascal GPU are still not allowed and it's limited to 1 GPU.

meankeys
11-18-2016, 08:37 AM
cool! now to be fair no broadwell-E (6950X) ?

Wizerty
11-18-2016, 08:57 AM
After discussion with HWBOT, as many overclockers requested it, we will allow LGA 2011-3. However Titan X Pascal GPU are still not allowed and it's limited to 1 GPU.
That's a good news !!!

@meankeys not sure 6950x will be better than 5960x. Of course if you look at same frequency score then 6950x is faster but 5960x clock higher.
jpmboy have score on both CPU and he score 3k higher with 5960x @4.8 than 6950x @4.3

http://hwbot.org/benchmark/realbench_hwbot_version/rankings?cores=8#start=0#interval=20#coolingType=3
http://hwbot.org/benchmark/realbench_hwbot_version/rankings?cores=10#start=0#interval=20#coolingType= 3

Anyway I have decent cpu on BD-E and H-E

meankeys
11-18-2016, 11:27 PM
Wiz... I see that. Will be interesting to see the results. I have descent CPU's as well. I never used water with the 6950x so not sure what it will do.
Les any comment on that?

Menthol
11-19-2016, 03:16 AM
I haven't used SS on mine so not sure how much if any increases there would be on my chip, I can run 3D benches at 4.7 but RB 4.6 to 4.65 maybe, volts around 1.47 on chilled water so 4.5 to 4.6 may be tough on ambient water and completed bench run, I will have to check before comp starts.

meankeys
11-19-2016, 01:43 PM
ok thanks for the input. good luck guy's.

will be waiting for the final call on the rules

Menthol
11-19-2016, 11:20 PM
Had to dismantle the 4 GPU's I had on my board today, there are a couple things I believe I can safely say

1. meankeys, your top score on the bot isn't going to be good enough to win this round
2. There is a French man with a very handsome young son who is once again going to clean my clock, Wizerty you got mad skills my friend, make sure your son eats his veggie's there good for him
3. Thankfully Gubben and The Baron didn't enter the first 2 rounds and maybe I can stay in the top 3

meankeys
11-20-2016, 05:27 AM
Menthol you are a wise old man ;)

meankeys
11-20-2016, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by websmile View Post
We want this challenge to show all kind of systems, so Broadwell-E is allowed including 6950x - rules on server and unreleased hardware still apply, Titan X Pascal is not allowed.

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=163668

Detleg
11-21-2016, 12:43 AM
would love to play, but since I got 2 different cards running in sli, realbench open cl keeps crashing on me

meankeys
11-21-2016, 03:07 AM
Are they OC? back them off a bit.

Try disengaging SLI

Wizerty
11-21-2016, 10:33 AM
Are they OC? back them off a bit.

Try disengaging SLI
"Use 1 videocard core(s) in total."
It's written on stage rules.
Disengaging SLI won't be enought, I think, Opencl don't need sli to use 2 GPU. To be compliant with rule he need to remove card from systeme OR, if its MB is ROG he can switch off PCI-E lane with dip switch on MB PCB ;)

Detleg
11-21-2016, 02:10 PM
yeah wiz, not a bad idea to red the rules first...will do....Mean, i tried everything even running no oc anywhere, its that driver so I can run 2 different cards in sli

AkaNe0
11-24-2016, 02:37 AM
We give you the choice for LGA 2011-3! Haswell-E or Broadwell-E, your choice. At least we will see what is the capabilities of each of the system.

Menthol, I am sure you can make it to the top3. With Meankeys and Wizerty, you made the right choice to participate to all of the stages. Upcoming motherboard is going to be for you :D

And if you want a tease... your going to like the motherboard! Make sure to get your CPU once Kabylake it's released! And with the nice unlocked i3-7350K (http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/matthew-wilson/intel-may-offer-overclocking-on-a-budget-with-core-i3-7350k/)... cost is not a problem anymore!

Menthol
11-26-2016, 09:11 PM
AkaNe@Ausu, I will get several CPU's for the new board, including what you linked for sure, even if I need to purchase a board, I haven't missed a new launch for a long time

Well stage IV is off and running, I hope everyone's not sandbagging to much or I could be in trouble, still have a little room left to increase my score some but not much

Good Luck to everyone

meankeys
11-28-2016, 01:25 AM
Some nice numbers les. I want to see what Wiz. puts up

Wizerty
11-28-2016, 10:31 AM
Some nice numbers les. I want to see what Wiz. puts up
I will know it as soon as I will bench ;)
Really busy at work and at home also. I have to prepare my daughter room, she is supposed to "show up" next 15 days :D

Maybe I will give a shoot today for the bonus point.

meankeys
11-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Always good to see family :)

Ambient cooling is making big differences in the way my CPU is performing. On SS it will do 46 @ 1.256v. now it's like 45 @ 1.365v

jab383
11-28-2016, 02:03 PM
Meankeys: "On SS it will do 46 @ 1.256v. now it's like 45 @ 1.365v"

That's still a VERY good CPU.

I'm again having trouble with reading temperatures: 5-6 C BELOW the temperature of the water. Hoping to struggle through something to submit today.

Menthol
11-28-2016, 04:56 PM
Wizerty,
Congratulations on the family addition, you will defiantly be busy

Wizerty
12-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Well done Menthol, this time I can't beat you ;)

I tried the whole Sunday to reach 240+ but no way. I Finally went to bed at 3am, no way to improve my score.

Your test2 killed me, I can have better test1,3,4 but I'm way too slow on test2, I need more Mhhhhhzzzz
I have 2 good CPU but both failed after 4500-4520 MHz @ambiant.
What was your frequency ? Mine was 4.7 on test1 and 4500 for other test

Anyway good job ;)

Menthol
12-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Thank you Wizerty
I was also at 4700 for test #1 but my CPU can hold 4600 for tests 2,3,4, I was going to bench again last night but figured you were going to beat me so didn't bother, in your screenshot you have an unusual amount of memory, what sticks were you using?

Wizerty
12-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Thank you Wizerty
I was also at 4700 for test #1 but my CPU can hold 4600 for tests 2,3,4, I was going to bench again last night but figured you were going to beat me so didn't bother, in your screenshot you have an unusual amount of memory, what sticks were you using?
Same stick as yours, samsung B-die.
The amount show on CPU-Z is because of maxmem ;) . I used 4x8 (32Go) and tried also 8x8 (64Go)

It's something like : bcdedit /set removememory xxxxxxx
Replace XXXX by qty in MB . For example if you have 4 x 8 Go -> 32 Go and you want to use only 5 Go then : bcdedit /set removememory 27000 (32000-27000=5000=5Go)

Then be carefull because if you remove stick from motherboard and use only 2stick (16Go) and your setting remove 27000 you will have 0 Go for OS and you can't boot it anymore. Always set removememory to 0 before changing number of stick

You need this with Bdie to tight timing. Without this it's not stable with cas12 or cas11. For cas13 it's ok without it at "low speed". Same for Skylake.
Most of the time :
4Go or lower help.
5-6Go is almost stable
More than 6Go is not stable, you got BSOD (memorymanagement and other BSOD ).

----
What was your setting for 4600 ?
I used 1.4/1.44 Vcore - 1.30 /1.35 Cache - 1.9/1.95 Vin - 1.32 SA - 1.2 VCCIO CPU - LLC level5
I tried 2 cpu on 2 motherboard and same wall at 4.5, maybe I did something wrong, I never used BD-E on air/WC

Menthol
12-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Memory timings is my weakness, I have just never taken the time to learn the ins and outs so I usually just look at other peoples timings and try and copy settings the best I can, I did ask JPmboy for some help with timings but all were daily stable timings "thanks Jpmboy"
I was benching 3D at 4700mhz on chilled water at 1.47 volts so I just set 1.47 without testing what was needed at 4.6, I was having trouble keeping cache at 3.8 at 1.3 volts, I have never went above 1.3 cache volts so i lowered cache to 3.7 and upped blk to 100.2-100.4, Vin 1.94-1.96, VCSSA 1.05, VCCIO 1.1, LLC 7
I think I got lucky on CPU, from Silicon Lottery 4.4 at 1.344

Wizerty
12-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Memory timings is my weakness, I have just never taken the time to learn the ins and outs so I usually just look at other peoples timings and try and copy settings the best I can, I did ask JPmboy for some help with timings but all were daily stable timings "thanks Jpmboy"
I was benching 3D at 4700mhz on chilled water at 1.47 volts so I just set 1.47 without testing what was needed at 4.6, I was having trouble keeping cache at 3.8 at 1.3 volts, I have never went above 1.3 cache volts so i lowered cache to 3.7 and upped blk to 100.2-100.4, Vin 1.94-1.96, VCSSA 1.05, VCCIO 1.1, LLC 7
I think I got lucky on CPU, from Silicon Lottery 4.4 at 1.344

I really feel like I did something wrong on my CPU clocking, but don't know what. your setting seems like mine. Maybe good cpu on cold are not always good on air/wc

here are my timing, but there is nothin "secret" it's asus profil + small adjustment :

http://zupimages.net/up/16/49/6k7k.png (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/49/6k7k.png)

-------

stage 4 was definitely not for me... 4 day ago, look carefully, Cooling liquid everywhere, pipe goes off the cpu waterblock fitting while rig was working... liquid on MB, PCI slot, VGA, windows, wall...everywhere. it took me 2-3sec to unplug PSU. Fortunately everything is still working.
http://zupimages.net/up/16/49/qc4e.jpg (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/49/qc4e.jpg)

Menthol
12-05-2016, 11:43 PM
Glad your components didn't get damaged, I like the looks of the Banchetto bench station's
Your right our timings are close, on the standard RB leaderboard I see the best I ever completed was at 4700mhz on chilled water, meankeys 4750, not sure his cooling, I don't think there are many BDW-E that clock this high on water chilled or not

Detleg
12-05-2016, 11:56 PM
well congrats menthol great score, also sorry wiz, wow its like Déjà vu 3 years ago for me but I had to drop out

Menthol
12-07-2016, 01:52 AM
Congrats to Wizery for #1 spot

Detleg,
Thanks,
Good to see you around again, hope you stay even just to know your doing OK

meankeys,
to bad you missed out on #1 for loss of a score due to screenshot, at least I guess that's the reason anyway
Congrats to everyone that entered and especially to those on ROG team

meankeys
12-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Congrats to all. was a fun challenge.

Lets do it again soon :)

Detleg
12-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Yeah Keys i followed that, it suxs man, but great run for you too!! I'm a lot in PA on business next time we meet up and have a IPA :D

meankeys
12-07-2016, 11:55 PM
Yeah Keys i followed that, it suxs man, but great run for you too!! I'm a lot in PA on business next time we meet up and have a IPA :D

That be cool... lets try to hook up. were abouts do you go in PA?

Detleg
12-08-2016, 03:36 AM
Wilkes-Barre but mostly all around there

AkaNe0
12-15-2016, 08:02 AM
Results of the Challenge IV and Overall ranking are now finalized!

Challenge IV Results

FUGGER took the first position for this Challenge.

The three lucky draws winners are:
Simi37
Digg_de
SAMBA

Overall ranking

Check the Overall leader board (http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/realbench_challenge_2016)
Top 1 - RealBench Challenge Champion is Wizerty
Top 2 - Menthol
Top 3 - Meankeys

Congratulations to all!

You can check out the news for the full details (http://rog.asus.com/articles/events/rog-oc-showdown--realbench-challenge-2016-and-the-winners-are/).

meankeys
12-16-2016, 12:01 AM
Sweet! Thank You

Congrats to all whom competed. Was fun for sure :)

Any hint as to what Model Motherboard we won

ty

Menthol
12-16-2016, 03:52 AM
Menthol, I am sure you can make it to the top3. With Meankeys and Wizerty, you made the right choice to participate to all of the stages. Upcoming motherboard is going to be for you :D

And if you want a tease... your going to like the motherboard! Make sure to get your CPU once Kabylake it's released! And with the nice unlocked i3-7350X (http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/matthew-wilson/intel-may-offer-overclocking-on-a-budget-with-core-i3-7350k/)... cost is not a problem anymore!

Your going to like it meankeys
I have no idea except I assume Z-270, you did get your email stating it won't ship until NDA is lifted

meankeys
12-16-2016, 09:56 PM
Your going to like it meankeys
I have no idea except I assume Z-270, you did get your email stating it won't ship until NDA is lifted

Yes I did and congrats on 2nd place

Les when your ready to sell those titans X let me know I like to buy one or may be two :)

Arne Saknussemm
12-17-2016, 11:11 AM
Nice going fellas! :cool:

Menthol
12-18-2016, 08:15 PM
Yes I did and congrats on 2nd place

Les when your ready to sell those titans X let me know I like to buy one or may be two :)

meankeys, sure thing, just let me know when and what you think is a fair price, as I think I'm pretty much done

AkaNe0
12-19-2016, 03:13 AM
Any hint as to what Model Motherboard we won

ty

Yes... You have to be patient. One sure think is, the motherboard will be one of the Republic of Gamers Series :)

meankeys
12-20-2016, 08:33 AM
Thanks AkaNe

I feel like a little kid @ xmas again hehe

AkaNe0
12-20-2016, 09:25 AM
Thanks AkaNe

I feel like a little kid @ xmas again hehe

It's the good timing to do so :D

Menthol
01-20-2017, 10:47 PM
AkaNe@Asus,
Thank you very much, I received my customized board today along with T-shirt and what a wonderful board it is IX Apex with a custom RGB cover

7700k@5.37 Mem@4266 cache@4751 cooling Corsair H115i 280 AIO

Again thank you very much

Arne Saknussemm
01-21-2017, 08:47 AM
Nice! :cool: well deserved!

meankeys
01-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Wow! that is awesome My board never show up yesterday. I hope it will be here today.

That is just outstanding I love the personal touch. I cant wait the suppence is killing me lol

Nice Menthol congrats

Menthol
01-21-2017, 03:51 PM
They arrived at customs in L.A. and my house the next day so yours should arrive soon depending on weather, the memory timing presets in the bios are great, I had to update the bios to get Raja's timing profile to save, it wouldn't save on the supplied bios and my system would not boot with his settings, I had to loosen the primaries but his timings at 4133 at 1.4 volts give better performance than XMP settings at 4266, there are other extreme timing presets and even a couple one click 5.0GHZ presets available

The customized name plate is a nice touch

meankeys
01-22-2017, 04:52 AM
Nice! what memory kit did you end up getting

Menthol
01-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Gskill 2X8 16GB 4266 19-19-19 1.4 volts B-die, supply is low, only kit available when I purchased was Grey/White
http://www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=31&series=0&prop_2=0&prop_4=19-19-19-39-2N&prop_3=4266MHz
I have 2 Samsung 950 Pro 512GB drives mounted on the DIMM.2 card at the moment, Win 10 and Win 7 that I carried over from a M8E board, just updated the drivers, the DIMM.2 card and slot works great, it isn't a visually attractive solution but functionally works great
for Win 7 installation I used a USB 2.0 adapter that connects to the motherboard, the kind that used to come with motherboards years ago just because I have a couple laying around
may be better to get a couple USB to PS2 port adapters to use for Win 7

Menthol
01-22-2017, 05:30 PM
Also when I booted my board the LED's under the name tag were not lit, there is 3 jumpers on the board that turn on/off 3 sections of LED's, one was in off position, under the SATA ports looks similar to clr cmos jumper, after enabling the jumper all LED's work

meankeys
01-23-2017, 08:42 AM
Les do you have a link to Raja memory timing thread your talking about.
ty

Also congrats on being top in your league. Way to go brother

Menthol
01-23-2017, 12:04 PM
No thread that I know of, it's in the memory presets in the bios, several extreme presets and one preset from Raja 4133 mhz @ 1.4 volts under New Samsung 2X8, with the new Samsung 2X8 being the high binned B-die kits, my system doesn't boot using his preset and my mem kit without relaxing the primary timing and CR2 instead of 1, he mentioned that the Gskill 32GB 4133 kit would be released soon so I am not sure what kit he was using at the time he made the preset but it is a good place to start from

Thanks, a lot of those points came from the TXP's and Time Spy now getting points

meankeys
01-24-2017, 12:57 AM
My APEX came today!!

And what a beautiful board it is. I cant wait to play.

Thank you so much AkaNe and all the guy's and gal's @ ASUS
This is the coolest prize I ever won

I am going to wait and Delid my 7700K. I took Menthols recommendation and picked up a Rocket 88 on Amazon. was cheap enough. Was 30 bucks and 8$ for the Relid tool. $10 for the Liquid Ultra.

samual
01-24-2017, 02:17 AM
Your board looks great. Hope they come to Canada soon.

meankeys
01-25-2017, 02:10 AM
Well I couldn't wait for the delid tool and just had to play :)

RealBench - 175035 @ 5.0 MHz - 1.365v SS cooling trident Z memory @ 3866 MHz - I believe I have plenty of room to go :) to be continued.

Arne Saknussemm
01-25-2017, 04:30 PM
My APEX came today!!

Cool! I like the personalised nameplates you guys got...looking forward to the next match you guys get into ;)

meankeys
01-25-2017, 10:42 PM
Cool! I like the personalised nameplates you guys got...looking forward to the next match you guys get into ;)

Yes a nice touch for sure. Also they gave us planks to make our own. Plus a cool coaster and some really nice stickers. One thing I was hoping for was a hook up for the OC panel and yeah baby they did. A very nice board indeed.

Wizerty
01-26-2017, 09:46 PM
Receved mine also !!! Tks a lot, It's a wonderfull prize

http://zupimages.net/up/17/04/6lgr.jpg (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=17/04/6lgr.jpg)

http://zupimages.net/up/17/04/j7da.jpg (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=17/04/j7da.jpg)

http://zupimages.net/up/17/04/3klz.jpg (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=17/04/3klz.jpg)

meankeys
01-26-2017, 10:27 PM
Nice Wiz...

Looks a bit better with that 1st place trophy sitting in front of it. lol

Congrats - well deserved - Hope to see you at the next challenge