PDA

View Full Version : Asus ROG G752 and VR HTC Vive is not working together.

FonzieBulldog
08-29-2016, 09:43 AM
Hello forum members and hope you have a nice day.

First bought a Asus ROG G752VT with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M and was a little surprised when i found out is wasnt VR ready.
Sold it for the latest generation ROG G752 in a Asus ROG G752VS with a Intel i7 6820HQ, 64GB Ram and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 without the M in the end.Finally this notebook was VR ready and now the next problem started.It wont run with VR HTC VIve when its hdmi port reject the HTC Vive.
Tried the HTC Vive installation on my other computer, Asus ROG G20CB and the same problem occurred.But when i changed the hdmi to the direct connection with the graphic cards hdmi port HTC Vive worked fine.The problem here is that the Asus ROG G752VS dont have any seperate graphic card hdmi port and in that way VR wont work when the Asus computer tells me that it should work in the same time !?How dear Asus !?.

Have read MANY threads on different forums where people have the exact same problem and some are waiting for a software update but Asus dont say anything !?.Talked today with my home countries support and they recommended an reinstalling and software update and i told them that i have done that already and it didnt work.So what is happening in this VR question when i sit here with a otherwise powerfull and great Asus ROG G752VS computer who reject the whole thing.

How long should we wait Asus when i bought this one for 30 000 Swedish kronor who is around 3600 US Dollars.Not happy with that Asus when it dont performe as you told me when i bought it !?.

FonzieBulldog
07-15-2017, 11:17 AM
One year later and no response.Well, sold the Asus ROG G752VS but still run VR games on the Asus G20CB and the home built monster computer with a more eye friendly and bigger screen when the support couldnt solve the problem on a otherwise great G752VS.Anyway, have a nice day forum members.