PDA

View Full Version : Tinny Bad Sounding Audio After Fresh Windows 10 Install on G751JT-CH71

dcnorth
08-30-2016, 11:19 AM
My PC had gotten pretty clogged up over the past year or so, so I gave a fresh install onto a new SSD and everything is running great! I got all of my drivers up and running but I have run into 1 issue.

My audio is absolutely horrible. It sounds empty and tinny.

I'm on an Asus ROG G751JT-CH71

I have tried the drivers for 10 and 8.1 numerous times and even gone out on a limb and tried other drivers.

Nothing is helping. The audio is tinny and gross sounding on both my speakers and my headset.

Before my audio was great and sounded full and crisp.

Now it is trash.

Please assist me.

Cheetah
08-30-2016, 12:18 PM
Bios update done too?

Cheetah
08-30-2016, 12:20 PM
Plug back old HD and hear if speakers still work ok as previously.

JustinThyme
08-31-2016, 10:47 AM
Question of the day and same one that gets asked of everyone who finds it necessary to do a so called clean install and screw everything up. (if you cant tell I don't support this). I've been on the same install of the OS since I upgraded to Win 10 and before that I was on the original 8.1 and did an in place upgrade. Machine bench marks just as well today as it did the day I got it. PCs get harshed from users going to websites they should not be visiting and getting slammed by uninvited guests on their machines.
I pretty much guarantee you did not install sound studio and from reading your post you most likely deleted the eSupport folder on your original hard drive that had ALL of the ASUS software and drivers in it.
This software makes the difference in the sound profiles and without it you have to find an alternative. Its not available for download.

Altetnative #1 find someone who is nice enough to upload the software for you.
Alternative #2 find another sound software.

kingjezdi
08-31-2016, 09:13 PM
i think the G51JT hase the same Audio Programms like AudioWizard & Realtek HD Audio Manager ??!

try this:
Realtek High Definition Audio(HDA) R2.8x (7904) WHQL + Dolby
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=download&id=2366&chk=928364f2ee1e4d0e00818dfd5f734fc7&no_html=1&lang=fr

PilotRaider14
09-02-2016, 07:25 PM
You need to reinstall ASUS Sonic Studio and try this registry tweak to stop audio pops. Bottom thread is for the G752, but I imagine it should work for the G751 as well.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87471-G752-Sound-Fix-For-Popping-Stuttering-Audio