PDA

View Full Version : G74 Keyboard Input Issues in DirectX Games

WJames
12-30-2011, 05:41 PM
I just received my G74 yesterday. The keyboard input is acting buggy. Under Word or Notepad, it mostly works fine, but under an application that uses DirectX for input, it acts up badly. Either way, ninja keystrokes appear to be inserted. I'll be typing a message to someone in game and suddenly I've escaped out of the message or the cursor has moved back or tabbed to another field.

I've uninstalled the original ATK package .00008, restarted my laptop, installed the ATK package .00014, and again restarted my computer. I've also installed the keyboard filter. Still I'm afflicted with this odd keyboard issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
W James

City Builder
12-30-2011, 06:03 PM
fn+f9 I believe will turn off the finger pad. What you describe is exactly what I was experiencing with my new G74 when I first got it a week or so ago. I finally realized that my palm was hitting the touch pad ever so slightly, but enough to move the cursor around.

I'd be typing a message in the 3rd paragraph, and then all of a sudden I'd be typing in the 1st paragraph again, or I'd be typing and all of a sudden 3/4 of my message would be highlighted and on the next keystroke be gone.

I now turn off the touch pad when ever I'm going to type messages, or have it turn off automatically when I plug in my logitech usb mouse.

If that's not it, then sorry for taking up space in the topic, but it was what it was for me for what you are describing.

WJames
12-31-2011, 12:39 PM
City Builder, you are right on target. With my old Asus, the touchpad was somewhat inset. With the G74, it is flush with the palm rest. While typing or gaming, I was occassionally brush against the the touchpad invoking the issues that I described. Once the touchpad was disabled, my "issues" went away.

Thanks for your suggestion.