PDA

View Full Version : G752VM - Bad Screen!?

PilotRaider14
09-02-2016, 06:23 PM
I just got a G752VM yesterday, the new GTX 1060 variant. I had the G752VL but I exchanged it for this newer one.

Once I opened it up and powered it on, the Windows 10 light blue screen came on. I then noticed some sort of anomalies on the screen.

It looked as if the keyboard was imprinted onto the screen somehow. I don't know if the screen was being crushed during shipping but some areas look very faintly darker than others, and I'm guessing this is a manufacturer defect? I can see very very light black squares on the screen when the screen is on a solid color. But I can't see the keyboard letter to find out if it was the keyboard.
Once the OS loaded up, it's not noticeable unless I play a game or have a solid color on the screen such as blue or green.

I have requested the store from where I bought it at to transfer in a new laptop so I can do an even exchange. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Is there a fix for this?
I attempted to clean the screen with a microfiber cloth but it doesn't fix the issue. One of my friends said this problem is just Windows, but I'm doubting it.

I saw the display unit in-store and the problem was still there but 80% less. Ill see if I can post some pictures I got from my phone.

I love the computer but I know the screen issue is going to bother me in the long run.

PilotRaider14
09-02-2016, 06:54 PM
The camera isn't very good at capturing it.
59255 59256

Enhanced image: 59261