PDA

View Full Version : why i think asus RMA sucks

dunwanted
09-03-2016, 04:53 PM
I've had an issue with my laptop ever since i bought it. I've sent the laptop twice for RMA and nothing was fixed, the first time i didn't know what was wrong what i assumed was wrong was actually working perfectly
and the second time i send it i exactly know whats wrong which is the extreme high temps my laptop reaches while in idle, i explain this to them and then send it to RMA for repairs, and when i recieve my laptop
i check the paper work to see what they changed, and they only changed the fan........ they didn't even bother to check anything else and yesterday while in checking old pictures and deleting some of them my laptop shuts down due to overheating LOL

my first gaming laptop ( Asus Rog G751JL) is just a piece of junk that i bought for $1,100 US and spend around $300 US sending it to the us for the RMA (since i do not live in the USA).

Don't know if the RMA suck or i just have bad luck with the laptop i bought and with the RMA.
in the attached picture shows the temp my laptop reached when it shutdown, i was just looking at old pictures and deleting some of them.

Clintlgm
09-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Maybe you should PM Bahz or Cl-Albert they work for Asus and can possible help you get your issue resolved.

That said, in your picture I see that you are not Throttling, your peak temp was 78 C, these are not high temps, Not high enough to shut down your notebook, well for light loads or Idle that would be high.

Unfortunately many people have bad experience with tech support. It is important to document what your issues is and explain how to duplicate it.

dunwanted
09-04-2016, 04:02 AM
Maybe you should PM Bahz or Cl-Albert they work for Asus and can possible help you get your issue resolved.

That said, in your picture I see that you are not Throttling, your peak temp was 78 C, these are not high temps, Not high enough to shut down your notebook, well for light loads or Idle that would be high.

Unfortunately many people have bad experience with tech support. It is important to document what your issues is and explain how to duplicate it.

Thanks for your answer, i know its not throttling but why does my laptop shuts downs every time it reaches those temps?

will pm them too see what they say and if they can help me, already spent 300 us sending and receiving laptop twice since i do not live in the states

JustinThyme
09-06-2016, 02:36 AM
First thing is to realize you bought the bottom of the barrel of the G751 lineup. Dont expect too much from it.

Its not the RMA system that sucks as much as it is the shops that are contracted to do warranty work, there are A LOT of complaints depending on where you are.
Hit up Bahz or cl-albert for RMA help.

dunwanted
09-06-2016, 02:59 AM
you think its worth it sending it again, its going to be the 3rd time in about 3 months. It costs me around 150 us to send it and recieve, since i have to send it to the us first and the laptop is kinda heavy

cl-Albert
09-06-2016, 04:54 PM
you think its worth it sending it again, its going to be the 3rd time in about 3 months. It costs me around 150 us to send it and recieve, since i have to send it to the us first and the laptop is kinda heavy

Hi dunwanted, sorry to hear the system hasn't been working better for you.
Anyway, wanted to mention some things below to consider and feel free to discuss more here or by PM if you prefer.

Noticed you may have sent it through your store before to be checked, and thought you may want to check with them again if you haven't already just to see if they can provide any better options this time (not sure about that, but if they upgraded anything for you, may be good to keep them involved too in case it's related to any of their upgrades).
If the system actually powers off during use, it makes me worried about the hardware, and if you send it in for RMA, make sure it's something repair can catch and also provide some concise suggestions if necessary. If repair doesn't see the problem when they get your notebook, they probably aren't going to be able to fix it, so you want to make sure they can catch it.
Not sure if you have been including the AC adapter with your RMAs (which we may not normally want sent in if it isn't related to the problem, but in this case it may be), but it's something to check or keep an eye on too. Make sure you are using the correct original ASUS AC adapter and give us the output details if you want to check into it more now.
If you're overclocking or doing anything unusual, try to put everything back to defaults/normal and see if that makes any difference.
Does the system power off when you run a benchmark or burn-in program? Expect that is something repair normally tries or checks, so just want to make sure you see a problem on your end when you try that.

dunwanted
09-06-2016, 05:19 PM
Hi dunwanted, sorry to hear the system hasn't been working better for you.
Anyway, wanted to mention some things below to consider and feel free to discuss more here or by PM if you prefer.

Noticed you may have sent it through your store before to be checked, and thought you may want to check with them again if you haven't already just to see if they can provide any better options this time (not sure about that, but if they upgraded anything for you, may be good to keep them involved too in case it's related to any of their upgrades).
If the system actually powers off during use, it makes me worried about the hardware, and if you send it in for RMA, make sure it's something repair can catch and also provide some concise suggestions if necessary. If repair doesn't see the problem when they get your notebook, they probably aren't going to be able to fix it, so you want to make sure they can catch it.
Not sure if you have been including the AC adapter with your RMAs (which we may not normally want sent in if it isn't related to the problem, but in this case it may be), but it's something to check or keep an eye on too. Make sure you are using the correct original ASUS AC adapter and give us the output details if you want to check into it more now.

yes i sent it trough the company i bought my laptop ( excaliberpc.com) , they gave me the ASUS RMA and address to send it.
i gave an explanation of what was occurring since im not computer expert i do not know. the issue is that my pc goes to sleep at random times mostly while in heavy use, i my temps are fine for a laptop, while in heavy use like on CSGO my temps go from 73C-78C.
Yes i am using the original asus ac adapter my laptop came with, every time i sent my laptop for RMA i sent the AC adapter, but since i don't know exactly whats causing the problem i can't say. im just unlucky since i might have bought a faulty device. already wasted 300 US sending (i live outside the US, and bought the laptop while i was in the US) my laptop to RMA, for it to stay the same.
so i would like to know what are my options here?? if i should send it again or what?
tried checking event logs, this was just about 20 mins ago i was playing csgo and my laptop just went to sleep, highlighted with red square the time frame my laptop just went to sleep.
i have not overclocked anything on the laptop, i have runned several benchmarks and it did not turn off, also ran about 10 stress tests for 30 mins and only on one of those stress test my pc went to sleep or in hibernate randomly.

cl-Albert
09-06-2016, 06:10 PM
my pc goes to sleep at random times mostly while in heavy use

Just want to try to confirm it is a hardware problem as best we can and try to figure out how repair will be able to see the problem to solve it.

Don't expect repair likes hearing about random problems since they can be tougher to catch, but just wondering how often it happens and how easy will it be to see the problem? Is it once a day on average, once a week, etc. and do you have any suggestions for them to try?
So is it really a 'sleep' problem instead of a power off problem? How do you 'wake' up the system when the problem happens or do you just power if off and power it on?

Yes i am using the original asus ac adapter my laptop came with, every time i sent my laptop for RMA i sent the AC adapter, but since i don't know exactly whats causing the problem i can't say. im just unlucky since i might have bought a faulty device. already wasted 300 US sending (i live outside the US, and bought the laptop while i was in the US) my laptop to RMA, for it to stay the same.
so i would like to know what are my options here?? if i should send it again or what?

As long as it sounds like it is a hardware problem and we can tell repair how to see the problem, it's probably worth sending it back for repair unless you prefer to wait and see if you can find some way to solve it on your end.
We may also want to try to understand why it wasn't solved the previous 2 times though and if there's something else we can suggest for repair.

i have not overclocked anything on the laptop, i have runned several benchmarks and it did not turn off, also ran about 10 stress tests for 30 mins and only on one of those stress test my pc went to sleep or in hibernate randomly.

So did I read correctly here that out of 10 stress tests, the problem only occurred one time?
Unfortunately, it makes me concerned repair will not be able to catch it if you send it in again, but it's something you may want to mention for repair, so they know how difficult it will be to catch and don't run just one or two stress tests and think everything is okay.
If it's not too difficult to take a video of the problem, it might help if you want to talk to the call center more about it since you've sent in the unit before.

Hopefully others have some ideas too.

dunwanted
09-06-2016, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=cl-Albert;607399]Just want to try to confirm it is a hardware problem as best we can and try to figure out how repair will be able to see the problem to solve it.

Don't expect repair likes hearing about random problems since they can be tougher to catch, but just wondering how often it happens and how easy will it be to see the problem? Is it once a day on average, once a week, etc. and do you have any suggestions for them to try?
So is it really a 'sleep' problem instead of a power off problem? How do you 'wake' up the system when the problem happens or do you just power if off and power it on?

yeah its very easy to catch, i use to think it was overheating because it always happens when I'm playing a game. yesterday i happened 3 times and today i played CSGO for about 30+ mins and it happened. im pretty sure its sleep mode, i resume it by pressing the keyboard, moving the mouse or pressing the power button. when i do so
the laptop resume what i was doing, and game is still running, and even its an online game it doesn't even disconnect me.

dunwanted
09-06-2016, 06:21 PM
additional info, i've tried fixing before the issue by changed the power setting in the laptop, sleep :never, Hibernate : never
and the problem changed after that, but it was pretty much the same, instead of going to sleep the laptop screen would go black for a couple of seconds. this would occur also randomly just like when the laptop use to go to sleep.
after that i did a system recovery and put all the setting back to normal

cl-Albert
09-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Just want to try to confirm it is a hardware problem as best we can and try to figure out how repair will be able to see the problem to solve it.

yeah its very easy to catch, i use to think it was overheating because it always happens when I'm playing a game. yesterday i happened 3 times and today i played CSGO for about 30+ mins and it happened. im pretty sure its sleep mode, i resume it by pressing the keyboard, moving the mouse or pressing the power button. when i do so
the laptop resume what i was doing, and game is still running, and even its an online game it doesn't even disconnect me.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it will be easy enough for repair to catch, but just curious if you have an external monitor connected too and if the 'sleep' problem occurs on just the notebook screen or both screens?

Assuming the problem isn't related to the stress tests, have you tried turning off all the sleep settings and letting the system sit for 2 or 3 hours to see if it goes to sleep by itself?
If the problem always shows up this way, thinking it may be better to ask repair to try something like this rather than just running a stress test for a half-hour which may not catch it.

dunwanted
09-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it will be easy enough for repair to catch, but just curious if you have an external monitor connected too and if the 'sleep' problem occurs on just the notebook screen or both screens?

Assuming the problem isn't related to the stress tests, have you tried turning off all the sleep settings and letting the system sit for 2 or 3 hours to see if it goes to sleep by itself?
If the problem always shows up this way, thinking it may be better to ask repair to try something like this rather than just running a stress test for a half-hour which may not catch it.
i do have an external monitor, since i am use to my razer deathstalker keyboard, and yes both screen go black and turn off. also have tried using the laptop without the external monitor connected, and it still goes to sleep while playing

i will try now to turn off all the sleep settings i will let it sit to see what happens.

cl-Albert
09-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Or I guess you might just run a You Tube video or something to keep the system busy for a couple hours, but doesn't stress out the system too much.

May not be that big of a deal, but don't want to cause more stress to your system during testing than we need to.

dunwanted
09-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Or I guess you might just run a You Tube video or something to keep the system busy for a couple hours, but doesn't stress out the system too much.

May not be that big of a deal, but don't want to cause more stress to your system during testing than we need to.
as soon as im done i will let you know the results, im also trying to see if the retailer i bought the laptop with, can let me return the laptop and give me a new one, but not sure it that will happen

dunwanted
09-07-2016, 03:28 AM
as soon as im done i will let you know the results, im also trying to see if the retailer i bought the laptop with, can let me return the laptop and give me a new one, but not sure it that will happen

left my pc with a youtube videos playing on autoplay for about 3 hours, plugged in and it did not went to sleep

cl-Albert
09-07-2016, 05:02 PM
left my pc with a youtube videos playing on autoplay for about 3 hours, plugged in and it did not went to sleep

Unfortunately, it probably will not be obvious to repair if it's a hardware or software issue, so might not be very easy for them to solve, but you might want to keep looking for an easy way to catch the problem.

Was searching some old posts and noticed you have one about this which even included a video.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?85589-G751JL-Screen-goes-black-for-2-3-seconds-while-gaming&highlight=g751jl
(https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?85589-G751JL-Screen-goes-black-for-2-3-seconds-while-gaming&highlight=g751jl)
Sounds like you are familiar with this post below as well, but wondering if you've tried to "set the maximum processor state from 100% to 95%" as watzuuuup suggested (thanks to watzuuuup).
Although I can't find the message right now, I vaguely remember one customer telling me it helped and is probably a lot safer than undervolting the CPU or changing the Vbios, so consider giving that a try if you haven't already.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83873-ROG-G751JL-Display-problem-randomly-stops-working-for-a-second-then-back-to-normal/page4
(https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83873-ROG-G751JL-Display-problem-randomly-stops-working-for-a-second-then-back-to-normal/page4)

I think i may have found a solution to the black screen problem. It's not a perfectly good one but I reduced the black screen frequency to aprox. 2 black screens per day of use. Wierd!

Under advanced power options, for the high performance plan, at processor power management, i've set the maximum processor state from 100% to 95% for both "on battery" and "plugged in".
After doing so, the display is easyly more stable and it made me wonder about your suggestion Nemerdekel, undervolting the CPU.

You may have tried this already, but if you can recover everything back to the original factory condition to test before installing too many more things, we always like to try that to make sure it's not caused by something you've installed or changed.
If you don't have the latest drivers from the ASUS download site, it's another thing to try before you start trying other updates.
If your unit came preinstalled with McAfee, try to update it, or use another antivirus/security software just to change things up, but don't know that it's related.
If you don't have the latest bios, always something to consider if you can take the (small?) risk of a bad bios flash, but again, not sure if it can help.
You may just want to keep talking to your store or even the call center about getting other options since you've sent in the unit for RMAs before.

Good luck!

Gps3dx
09-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately, it probably will not be obvious to repair if it's a hardware or software issue, so might not be very easy for them to solve, but you might want to keep looking for an easy way to catch the problem.

@cl-Albert - I wish to contribute to this thread another troubling RMA experience I encountered:
In my country, the "consumer protection" laws that deal specifically with warranty of electrical devices ( such as computers ) state that the device must be repaired within 10 days period ( business days of course ) since the day after the device was delivered to repair ( either by a messenger or directly to the lab ). it continues to state that if the manufacturer cannot repair the device during this period, they need to provide new, similar or better device that isn't inferior to the original device that was put in RMA.

Somehow, and without any explanation, Official Asus representative in my country ( customer service's head manager, no less ) told me that Asus official stand on the matter is that they provide new, similar or better device only after 14 business days period !

That's outrageous !
Why does Asus think and act as they're above the law ?

I'd be happy to continue to describe & explain this issue in details in PM, if you'd prefer, and please let me explain why:
The Gsync upgrade I went through ( still am ) is just way-off your standards & internal regulation in any possible way:
first, local Asus reps didn't even knew about the Gsync upgrade.... then after half-month of internal query they replied to me that only the i7-7450HQ is exist on the mobo that they can upgrade to.... then I had to contact user "Bahz" and ask his to tell my local asus that facts that he wrote in the Gsync upgrade thread about the availability of mobo with i7-4720HQ, same as I had.
then after another half-month, my local asus reps, finally agree to the upgrade process with i7-4720HQ.
Then I had to wait another MONTH, till the mobo arrived to their lab.
Then, my laptop was collected in the bare hand of the delivery-men & and wrong shipment certificate was provided to me ( no S/N mentioned, wrong lab details etc... ).
Then, it was returned to me scratched & dirty ( +other things were done against Asus's regulations ) although I specifically asked the lab about any visual scratch prior to its return, since I took multiple photographs of the laptop just prior to his shipment to the lab.
Eventually, I got the laptop back, scratched, dirty and with shipment sticker on it - the same day it was returned, I send to asus & the lab the photographs taken prior to the shipment and photos of its current state that proof beyond doubt that the upgrade wasn't very much according to Asus regulation & ISO 9001 etc...
In that same message, I asked that Asus will pick-up the laptop again THE DAY AFTER, lab so that they fix whatever was damaged - I had to wait FOR ANOTHER HOLE WEEK till they eventually pick-up the laptop again.... and get this: 3 days after that mail was sent and received by Asus & the lab ( I got approval from them ) the lab suddenly asks me for photographs of the laptop before the shipment, as if I didn't send it to them 3 days before ! ( i.e BIG hint that the lab deliberately delayed the 2nd pickup ! )
and even in that time, the delivery-men once more came without shipment certificate, and wrote with his pen&leftover paper ON MY LAPTOP DIRECTLY.

Currently, since the day the pickup-men collected my laptop, 12 business days passed and local ASUS's customer support's head manager refuses to provide new, similar or better device - telling me to wait till the 14th day ( which are somehow 13 according to her, ignoring the exact "way of counting" business days as the law orders to count ) since spare parts were ordered from abroad and she excused this by telling that this is Asus policy.
Wonderful.... just wonder...
and to think that I put all my time and efforts into writing multiple guide in this forum and help countless users.

P.S - it's an outgoing RMA... and I would really appreciate you escalate this matter to ASUS HQ.
I'd be happy to provide RMA num & S/N num in PM.

cl-Albert
09-07-2016, 08:44 PM
Hi Gps3dx,

Sorry to hear about that, but I'm located at the U.S. office, so unfortunately, if you're located elsewhere, don't think I'll be able to help much from my end if you didn't already know.
If it's related to the G-sync upgrade, you may also want to check with Bahz or post at the G-sync thread, but not sure how familiar everyone at HQ is with the laws in your country and what kind of help they can provide.
Sounds like you have been in contact with your local ASUS support office, but if you can get the attention of the correct people there, that may be another idea although if parts need to be shipped from overseas, they may not have too much control over that, etc.

We don't have any such laws in the U.S. or California that I'm aware of, but if you have such a law, just wondering if you can take matters into your own hands and contact the local authorities to get it enforced if it's worth the effort.
My other question may be if that law will actually get you what you want. For example could you end up with a refurbished unit and is there any time limit to arrange it, etc.? If you just want to use it to get the attention of the correct people at ASUS though, maybe it can help.

Posting a separate thread with pictures is another idea.

If your notebook actually functions correctly though, consider asking if you can get your notebook back to use and ship it back in when parts arrive if that sounds any better.

Praz
09-07-2016, 11:43 PM
Posting a separate thread with pictures is another idea.

Hello

This is not only a good idea but is something that needs to be done. Trashing another member's thread with irrelevant posts is not only disrespectful but leads to confusion. Gps3dx, start a new thread if you wish to continue this conversation. Thank you.

dunwanted
09-08-2016, 03:26 AM

Was searching some old posts and noticed you have one about this which even included a video.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?85589-G751JL-Screen-goes-black-for-2-3-seconds-while-gaming&highlight=g751jl
(https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?85589-G751JL-Screen-goes-black-for-2-3-seconds-while-gaming&highlight=g751jl)
Sounds like you are familiar with this post below as well, but wondering if you've tried to "set the maximum processor state from 100% to 95%" as watzuuuup suggested (thanks to watzuuuup).
Although I can't find the message right now, I vaguely remember one customer telling me it helped and is probably a lot safer than undervolting the CPU or changing the Vbios, so consider giving that a try if you haven't already.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83873-ROG-G751JL-Display-problem-randomly-stops-working-for-a-second-then-back-to-normal/page4
(https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83873-ROG-G751JL-Display-problem-randomly-stops-working-for-a-second-then-back-to-normal/page4)

You may have tried this already, but if you can recover everything back to the original factory condition to test before installing too many more things, we always like to try that to make sure it's not caused by something you've installed or changed.
If you don't have the latest drivers from the ASUS download site, it's another thing to try before you start trying other updates.
If your unit came preinstalled with McAfee, try to update it, or use another antivirus/security software just to change things up, but don't know that it's related.
If you don't have the latest bios, always something to consider if you can take the (small?) risk of a bad bios flash, but again, not sure if it can help.
You may just want to keep talking to your store or even the call center about getting other options since you've sent in the unit for RMAs before.

Good luck!
well when i change the power setting for my laptop for sleep, shutdown, hibernate to never instead of the laptop shutting down the screen would go black for a couple of seconds. Which is not a fix but its better but i do not like since when i had it like that my laptop screen fcked up and went pink.
i tried all those fixes, the best one was lowering the core offset voltage of the cpu which lowered the black screens i was getting.
i tried updating the BIOS with the winflash in the asus page i downloaded it and downloaded the latest BIOS and it said i had the lasted one already.
did some virus scan with McAfee and nothing popped off.
I'm going to talk to the retailer where i bought my laptop to see if they can send me a new laptop, since they can see i've been having issues with the laptop sending it 2 times and talked to them to send it again in a 5 months

dunwanted
09-08-2016, 03:28 AM
@cl-Albert - I wish to contribute to this thread another troubling RMA experience I encountered:
In my country, the "consumer protection" laws that deal specifically with warranty of electrical devices ( such as computers ) state that the device must be repaired within 10 days period ( business days of course ) since the day after the device was delivered to repair ( either by a messenger or directly to the lab ). it continues to state that if the manufacturer cannot repair the device during this period, they need to provide new, similar or better device that isn't inferior to the original device that was put in RMA.

Somehow, and without any explanation, Official Asus representative in my country ( customer service's head manager, no less ) told me that Asus official stand on the matter is that they provide new, similar or better device only after 14 business days period !

That's outrageous !
Why does Asus think and act as they're above the law ?

I'd be happy to continue to describe & explain this issue in details in PM, if you'd prefer, and please let me explain why:
The Gsync upgrade I went through ( still am ) is just way-off your standards & internal regulation in any possible way:
first, local Asus reps didn't even knew about the Gsync upgrade.... then after half-month of internal query they replied to me that only the i7-7450HQ is exist on the mobo that they can upgrade to.... then I had to contact user "Bahz" and ask his to tell my local asus that facts that he wrote in the Gsync upgrade thread about the availability of mobo with i7-4720HQ, same as I had.
then after another half-month, my local asus reps, finally agree to the upgrade process with i7-4720HQ.
Then I had to wait another MONTH, till the mobo arrived to their lab.
Then, my laptop was collected in the bare hand of the delivery-men & and wrong shipment certificate was provided to me ( no S/N mentioned, wrong lab details etc... ).
Then, it was returned to me scratched & dirty ( +other things were done against Asus's regulations ) although I specifically asked the lab about any visual scratch prior to its return, since I took multiple photographs of the laptop just prior to his shipment to the lab.
Eventually, I got the laptop back, scratched, dirty and with shipment sticker on it - the same day it was returned, I send to asus & the lab the photographs taken prior to the shipment and photos of its current state that proof beyond doubt that the upgrade wasn't very much according to Asus regulation & ISO 9001 etc...
In that same message, I asked that Asus will pick-up the laptop again THE DAY AFTER, lab so that they fix whatever was damaged - I had to wait FOR ANOTHER HOLE WEEK till they eventually pick-up the laptop again.... and get this: 3 days after that mail was sent and received by Asus & the lab ( I got approval from them ) the lab suddenly asks me for photographs of the laptop before the shipment, as if I didn't send it to them 3 days before ! ( i.e BIG hint that the lab deliberately delayed the 2nd pickup ! )
and even in that time, the delivery-men once more came without shipment certificate, and wrote with his pen&leftover paper ON MY LAPTOP DIRECTLY.

Currently, since the day the pickup-men collected my laptop, 12 business days passed and local ASUS's customer support's head manager refuses to provide new, similar or better device - telling me to wait till the 14th day ( which are somehow 13 according to her, ignoring the exact "way of counting" business days as the law orders to count ) since spare parts were ordered from abroad and she excused this by telling that this is Asus policy.
and to think that I put all my time and efforts into writing multiple guide in this forum and help countless users.

P.S - it's an outgoing RMA... and I would really appreciate you escalate this matter to ASUS HQ.
I'd be happy to provide RMA num & S/N num in PM.
i just posted the thread with that name because of my negligence of thinking RMA would fix everything, did not think or did not want to realize i might bought a faulty device which cannot be fixed, also put the name because when i sent my laptop for overheating issue which is not really the cause of my issue they only replaced the fan

cl-Albert
09-08-2016, 05:16 PM
well when i change the power setting for my laptop for sleep, shutdown, hibernate to never instead of the laptop shutting down the screen would go black for a couple of seconds. Which is not a fix but its better but i do not like since when i had it like that my laptop screen fcked up and went pink.
i tried all those fixes, the best one was lowering the core offset voltage of the cpu which lowered the black screens i was getting.
i tried updating the BIOS with the winflash in the asus page i downloaded it and downloaded the latest BIOS and it said i had the lasted one already.
did some virus scan with McAfee and nothing popped off.
I'm going to talk to the retailer where i bought my laptop to see if they can send me a new laptop, since they can see i've been having issues with the laptop sending it 2 times and talked to them to send it again in a 5 months

Not sure if it will make much difference, but don't see that you've tried to "set the maximum processor state from 100% to 95%" which is different than the sleep, shutdown, hibernate settings, so consider looking into that.
Change it for each power plan that you use, but below is a screenshot to give you a better idea of what's involved and please let me know if anything is unclear.
By the way wondering if you have updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition yet and if it made things better or worse. Run 'winver' from the Windows 10 search bar to see if the version is 1607 for the Anniversary Edition.

If you haven't already and are interested, you may also want to try to talk to ASUS support more about getting more options since you have sent in a couple times before.
Don't forget to mention that video you made about it too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1krLMI_xPgg

dunwanted
09-09-2016, 05:20 AM
Not sure if it will make much difference, but don't see that you've tried to "set the maximum processor state from 100% to 95%" which is different than the sleep, shutdown, hibernate settings, so consider looking into that.
Change it for each power plan that you use, but below is a screenshot to give you a better idea of what's involved and please let me know if anything is unclear.
By the way wondering if you have updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition yet and if it made things better or worse. Run 'winver' from the Windows 10 search bar to see if the version is 1607 for the Anniversary Edition.

If you haven't already and are interested, you may also want to try to talk to ASUS support more about getting more options since you have sent in a couple times before.
Don't forget to mention that video you made about it too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1krLMI_xPgg
just tried chaing maximum processor state to 95% and still same issue, i think what i have is unfixable or very hard to know what exactly is wrong, just waiting an answer from the retailer to see if they can replace my laptop, wish me luck LOL.

Thanks for all the help albert .

cl-Albert
09-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Sorry I haven't been able to help more, but if it ends up going back to our U.S. repair department and you want me to keep an eye on it, feel free to PM me.
Although I can't normally tell RMA what to do, I'll try to help if I can and maybe get you some updates at least.

dunwanted
09-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Sorry I haven't been able to help more, but if it ends up going back to our U.S. repair department and you want me to keep an eye on it, feel free to PM me.
Although I can't normally tell RMA what to do, I'll try to help if I can and maybe get you some updates at least.

thanks for everything, you've tried to help me a lot.
i will pm if i send it again, sorry for taking a lot of your time i really appreciate it

cl-Albert
09-12-2016, 06:22 PM
You're welcome and no problem, but yes, would just like to see that problem solved.