PDA

View Full Version : G752VY Vapor cooling on G752VL? Is it possible?

httuner
09-05-2016, 08:01 AM
I keep thinking, would it be possible to install the G752VY Vapor cooling Assembly into the G752VL? I found a website that'll sell me the cooling assembly for about 95USD.

If someone with a G752VY whom is looking to open up their laptop for whatever reasons, repaste ect. Can you please take some good photos of how the Vapor cooling assembly looks like, if its nearly identical to the G752VL setup I'm sure it's a possible upgrade.

Thank you

JustinThyme
09-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Why would you want to? Are you overheating?

httuner
09-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Why would you want to? Are you overheating?

I like low temps and I want to push overclocking a little bit more, its all for fun & of course benchies.

JustinThyme
09-06-2016, 02:08 AM
If you want to push a machine and get good benchies why didn't you invest in the VY instead of the economy entry level model?

I would think the case is the same. Not a big difference like the G751 models, at least not that Ive seen. The only difference I can see is the red fins on the back and LED light bar.
There are no tear down videos I can find for the VL, people just dont bother much with the budget models. The distinct difference would be the GPU and VRAM as in less VRAM so the heatsink will cover something that isnt there.
Mounts would be another concern. If you really want it that bad then I would say take your machine apart and compare what you see to the many teardown pics and vids of the VY.

httuner
09-06-2016, 06:47 AM
I couldn't pass up on a good deal_ Got this laptop for only $550USD! Brand new in box! no way I was letting that go ;)Comparing many images I found onilne they both look extremely alike, including mounting points.

I figured that once Asus releases their Rog XG2 eGPU setup which will give us the ability to run a desktop GPU; the laptop internal GPU would matter less :D

JustinThyme
09-06-2016, 07:05 PM
A good deal isn't a good deal if the machine doesn't meet your needs, its wasted $$$. Sounds like the old ladies that spend all day watching OVC and buy everything they think is a good deal. I see them lined up at the post office sending the stuff back.

httuner
09-08-2016, 12:25 AM
A good deal isn't a good deal if the machine doesn't meet your needs, its wasted $$$. Sounds like the old ladies that spend all day watching OVC and buy everything they think is a good deal. I see them lined up at the post office sending the stuff back.

You sir, certainly have more money than me;

Googlegot
09-08-2016, 02:15 AM
I keep thinking, would it be possible to install the G752VY Vapor cooling Assembly into the G752VL? I found a website that'll sell me the cooling assembly for about 95USD.

If someone with a G752VY whom is looking to open up their laptop for whatever reasons, repaste ect. Can you please take some good photos of how the Vapor cooling assembly looks like, if its nearly identical to the G752VL setup I'm sure it's a possible upgrade.

Thank you

If you want the cooling assembly to try, I have one in my possession (part number 13NB09V0AM0101). The part is $130 shipped from asusparts.eu, but I'd be willing to part with it for $80 plus shipping. PM me if you're interested.

AFAIK, it will probably fit, I have not attempted installation yet, I bought it with the exact same thought in mind. I wanted to wait until my warranty is out to do the installation, but I just don't really want to anymore as I've come to terms with the high temps.

Let me know if you want some close ups, the cpu contat points are in the same spot as the OEM one and it looks almost exactly like the one I repasted for my buddy's laptop except it has the vapor chamber and it's all copper.

Wemser
09-20-2016, 08:14 PM
AFAIK, it will probably fit, I have not attempted installation yet

I don't think so. The G752VY is thicker than the other versions. And to my knowledge the reason is that the vapor cooling system needs more space.
So Vapor Cooling should work only with a VY-Case.