PDA

View Full Version : g73-jh only using one core for games

mcv0000
12-31-2011, 02:06 AM
hi, i have an asus g73-jh and when i play games like minecraft, terraria, starcraft 2, skyrim and deus ex human revolution which are all multithreaded they will use around 90-95% of ONE thread and leave the other 7 threads untouched. what i mean is that the game will run on only one thread and not use any of the others which are at ideling speeds of about 1-4% each thread. whatever game im runing obviously needs to use more than just that one thread because in starcraft 2 i will get 15-30 fps and in skyrim on highish quality i'll get around 30-45 fps. so im wondering if there is a problem with my laptop where i can only run games on one thread or if there is a settimg that i can set that allows games to run on more that one thread. also, i produce videos and when i render them using sony vegas pro 11 it uses around 80-90% of all my cpus so the cpu usage that task manager shows is 80-90% so my computer allous sony vegas to use more that one thread but games dont seem to be aloud to. also ive tried setting the priority of games to high or realtime and that doesn't seem to help at all.

Ray3andrei
12-31-2011, 03:46 PM
thats the i7-720qm ? right ?, did it always do this ?, because it doesnt seem right, my cpu is at 22% when playing sc2.. there may be something wrong with your motherboard, or BIOS

mcv0000
12-31-2011, 07:42 PM
thats the i7-720qm ? right ?, did it always do this ?, because it doesnt seem right, my cpu is at 22% when playing sc2.. there may be something wrong with your motherboard, or BIOS

yes i have the i7-720qm. and yes it has always done this, i have updated my bios from the one that it originally had to 213 i think. i sis tat so i could update the vbios so i could then update video card drivers (it was a huge pain). although it did see to do this before i updated anything. I've also had to return my computer 7 times, yes you herd that right, SEVEN times because of a faulty motherboard or a hard disk crash (5 of the times were for the motherboard), I've had very bad luck with this computer... could re-updating the bios help with this issue or does this mean that i'll heve to return it again for another faulty motherboard... (shakes fists at air)