PDA

View Full Version : I need advice how to proceed for G751 JY keyboard and freezing issues

MaxDK
09-09-2016, 12:21 PM
Hi there
I have question about warranty on my laptop G751 JY.
I had it now for little bit over one year. And I have issue with key's on my keyboard. Keys spending very quickly. Especially W,S,D,A...I mean, I bought it for games.
On April, that 4 keys was totally worn. It was no black finish on them at all. But, I was still playing it like that. Switched keyboard light off and go on.
Until one of these keys just broke on half.
So, I contacted support and they told me that they need to make service on that. They CAN'T send me only that 4 keys and I will and can replace them.
So, I agreed and I send laptop to them. After couple of days I got e-mail where they telling me that warranty not covering that kind of damage, even is comp less than 1 year old.
I agreed to pay which was around 50.They will change whole keyboard and that was it.

So after April, and about now, my keys are started being worn again..:( Same issue. Same keys. But, this time I didn't have time to play games that much and I DIDN'T PLAY.

My intention right now, is contacting support again and complain..But..and ohh..last time when they had my comp, they ****ed something.
Right now, I got my picture and sound freezing for second or less, randomly.

What will be your suggestion guys?

Thank Your very much for reading this.

BR.

Bills86e
09-17-2016, 09:58 PM
The freezing mouse, PC not responding, some times a crash, squeel, black screen, or screen with gibberish files,
IS the graphics display driver is corrupted. I had to buy the new 2016 driver from Nvidia. I have a geforce GTX 670M.

I had a Tech working on it 2 weeks, he was convinced it was software related, but he was very wrong.

I have not had ANY issue since.

Bills86e

JustinThyme
09-18-2016, 01:02 PM
Hi there
I have question about warranty on my laptop G751 JY.
I had it now for little bit over one year. And I have issue with key's on my keyboard. Keys spending very quickly. Especially W,S,D,A...I mean, I bought it for games.
On April, that 4 keys was totally worn. It was no black finish on them at all. But, I was still playing it like that. Switched keyboard light off and go on.
Until one of these keys just broke on half.
So, I contacted support and they told me that they need to make service on that. They CAN'T send me only that 4 keys and I will and can replace them.
So, I agreed and I send laptop to them. After couple of days I got e-mail where they telling me that warranty not covering that kind of damage, even is comp less than 1 year old.
I agreed to pay which was around 50.They will change whole keyboard and that was it.

So after April, and about now, my keys are started being worn again..:( Same issue. Same keys. But, this time I didn't have time to play games that much and I DIDN'T PLAY.

My intention right now, is contacting support again and complain..But..and ohh..last time when they had my comp, they ****ed something.
Right now, I got my picture and sound freezing for second or less, randomly.

What will be your suggestion guys?

Thank Your very much for reading this.

BR.

First, quit beating the crap out of your keys or wash the meth chemicals off of your hands before touching it. I have a g751JY, G751Jl, G752VY and an older G74SX. Out of all these machines only the "A" key on the G74SX had the black worn off ater like 5 years! I bought a key for it at a third party site, took like 5 minutes to replace.
Picture and sound freezing could be a lot of things from drivers to malware but I'd highly doubt its something they did.

Nvidia drivers are FREE

Clintlgm
09-18-2016, 04:39 PM
here is a link to replacement keyboard keys (http://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/asus-g-series/). Takes about 5 min or less to change them.