PDA

View Full Version : ROG Claymore

Pages : 1 [2]

Bahz
09-07-2017, 01:56 AM
Okay can you tell me what is the IC issue? So what can I do with that? How can be SW connected so much with the HW? I tried everything reset my custom profiles cccleaner after uinstall etc. So my only solution is to brigh to the shop and explain that problems that with SW it cannot work, if so I go asap. Thank you and also thanks for a new drivers but not for me at this time :/

IC is the built in memory in the keyboard, I'm thinking there's some issues with it where FW updates are corrupted.

As you can see it's working fine for my keyboard and also a few other keyboards that we tested:

Bahz
09-07-2017, 02:00 AM
Just wanted to post my experience here and say thanks to this thread. Just bought a brand new Claymore off of someone and was disappointed it wasn't working. It was choppy and missing characters when I typed, however I read the post where someone mentioned a "break in" time. Shot in the dark but I went and pressed each key 20 times in a row and can now type on it just fine. Only disappointing part left is how expensive the Numpad is, but I will get used to not having one.

Other than that happy with this keyboard so far.

Thanks for sharing this, I had the same issue with my keyboard. After using it for a few weeks, now it no longer has this multiple key press issue. As mentioned before this was caused by a defect with the packaging which caused the switches to be compressed under long periods of time and would cause this. The new stock is tested to no longer have this issue.

Rewerend
09-07-2017, 06:53 AM
IC is the built in memory in the keyboard, I'm thinking there's some issues with it where FW updates are corrupted.

As you can see it's working fine for my keyboard and also a few other keyboards that we tested:

Thank you I see, so the RMA...

stna1981
09-07-2017, 08:13 AM
@Bahz:
I got the info from German shop ALTERNATE (where I ordered my Claymore back in arly April already) that their wholesaler told them the Claymore would finally be available in octobre. Can you confirm this date for Germany?

Bahz
09-08-2017, 02:23 AM
@Bahz:
I got the info from German shop ALTERNATE (where I ordered my Claymore back in arly April already) that their wholesaler told them the Claymore would finally be available in octobre. Can you confirm this date for Germany?

Any new stock received will be new stock because they stopped shipments for a few months, some countries have delayed dates due to high quantity order which means it will be further delayed for a few months, this sounds to be correct.

Gofran
09-09-2017, 11:37 PM
@bahz any news about wrist rest claymore

Bahz
09-11-2017, 03:21 AM
@bahz any news about wrist rest claymore

I haven't received any updates for the wrist rest, I have sent an email to request for an update on this part. I will update everyone once I hear back.

Gofran
09-11-2017, 08:50 AM
Ok thanks I cant wait any more next batch of claymore :-P

Bahz
09-13-2017, 02:24 AM
I was updated by our product manager and unfortunately I have grave news as the wrist rest is still being debated internally if we will offer this or not. There's a possibility this will not be offered or will be available much later. If I do receive at new updates then I will let everyone know. I apologize for the inconvenience for all those who were waiting for an update on this.

stna1981
09-15-2017, 10:03 AM
Honestly, I like the Claymore for it's small and compact size. A wrist rest would make it much bigger. People that really need the wrist rest should maybe go after the new ROG Horus GK2000 RGB which also offers Aura Sync and has a wrist rest included by default?

Gofran
09-15-2017, 04:09 PM
Some say it wil not sync like breathing mode will not work i need confirmation that it will work before i buy @Bahz for gk horus rgb

v1kt0r
09-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Just had my Claymore delivered from Scan.co.uk and it appears to have an old s/n H1MPYH000836.

I was under the impression, from this thread, that any current purchase should be new stock with s/n starting H7/H8/H9.

Should I be returning this product as defective because there were clearly many hardware issues with the early stock.

I don't want to wait until it is out of warranty and then issues appear.

Additionally, there is no reddot sticker on the front of the box.

v1kt0r
09-18-2017, 03:44 PM
OK, so called Scan regarding this matter. I explained basic history and lack of production for past several months,

pointing to this thread.

I spoke to Michael who was very understanding of the situation and has offered RMA to either replace with new stock,

s/n is identifier, or refund if no stock with new serial numbers.

BTW, thanks to Bahz for posting the relelvant s/n codes for old and new stock otherwise I would have been none the wiser.

Bahz
09-19-2017, 06:21 AM
OK, so called Scan regarding this matter. I explained basic history and lack of production for past several months,

pointing to this thread.

I spoke to Michael who was very understanding of the situation and has offered RMA to either replace with new stock,

s/n is identifier, or refund if no stock with new serial numbers.

BTW, thanks to Bahz for posting the relelvant s/n codes for old and new stock otherwise I would have been none the wiser.

Unfortunately too many retailers don't do frequent stock rotation which is a standard procedure. I hope you receive a new stock replacement soon.

Leatjuhh
09-19-2017, 10:07 AM
Sorry if you've already answered this question, but when can we expect te new stock?

I'm in the Netherlands, EU.

EDIT:

My question has already been answered in the thread I made. Sorry for double posting, was for the sake of visibility. :)

Bahz
09-20-2017, 03:42 AM
Some say it wil not sync like breathing mode will not work i need confirmation that it will work before i buy @Bahz for gk horus rgb

Correction:
Only Claymore is AURA Sync capable, the GK2000 RGB is only AURA RGB and is not AURA Sync compatible.

v1kt0r
09-20-2017, 03:12 PM
@Leatjuhh

I would be contacting any sellers, country may make no difference, before making a purchase to ensure the serial numbers match those provided by Bahz for the new stock i.e. H7, H8, H9.

Old stock would be H1, H2, G.

I am in the UK and I have already returned one keyboard because it was H1 serial number and another seller has confirmed all their stock is also H1, H2 serial numbers.
This means sellers have been holding old stock for the last 6-7 months waiting for the announcement of the 'new' batch and then simply shipping old stock as new.

It's not a nice feeling being shafted especially by so called reputable companies.

Gofran
09-20-2017, 09:26 PM
Correction:
Only Claymore is AURA Sync capable, the GK2000 RGB is only AURA RGB and is not AURA Sync compatible.

Hello Gofran
According to our website, yes it works with aura sync, thank you.

so who is wrong see also the web page that asus provide https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming-keyboards-gaming-mice/a-quick-glance-at-the-horus-gk2000/

Bahz
09-21-2017, 02:18 AM
so who is wrong see also the web page that asus provide https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming-keyboards-gaming-mice/a-quick-glance-at-the-horus-gk2000/

I already confirmed this with our product managers yesterday.

Skrunch
09-25-2017, 10:17 PM
Any update on the release date for the new batch in the USA?

Leatjuhh
09-27-2017, 09:42 PM
@Leatjuhh

I would be contacting any sellers, country may make no difference, before making a purchase to ensure the serial numbers match those provided by Bahz for the new stock i.e. H7, H8, H9.

I was so happy to see the serial code on my new Claymore was H9 when I unboxed it today! :D

No real problems so far and it's amazing! Worth the wait... :)

My first mechanical keyboard, so I don't really have anything to compare it with but the clicky sounds is so satisfying and the looks are sick!

Gofran
09-28-2017, 01:50 PM
I was so happy to see the serial code on my new Claymore was H9 when I unboxed it today! :D

No real problems so far and it's amazing! Worth the wait... :)

My first mechanical keyboard, so I don't really have anything to compare it with but the clicky sounds is so satisfying and the looks are sick!

i am also from the Netherlands which shop did you order from

Leatjuhh
09-28-2017, 01:59 PM
i am also from the Netherlands which shop did you order from

Coolblue. Order before 15:00 (and pay €10 extra) to receive it the very same evening!
I got the MX Brown switch variant btw.

They have it on sale for €199 right now if I'm not mistaken.

Gofran
09-28-2017, 02:06 PM
ok thanks cant wait for the red version ik wens je het beste :P hou ons op de hoogte als het mis gaat

Leatjuhh
09-28-2017, 03:35 PM
Keep us updated when things get spooky

Will do! :cool:

psychoedge
10-03-2017, 05:28 PM
Hey guys, I have several issues with my Claymore from December 16. A couple of weeks ago the volume bar stopped working. It just doesn't do anything. All other buttons on my numpad do work though.

Also ROG Armoury is quite buggy for me. The first tab ("keyboard") is empty. There is nothing in it to configure:

https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/34026941/claymore1.png

If I look into the settings of Armoury it says that my software is up to date and also my firmware is. Though it says that my firmware version is 0.00.00. When I click either the keyboard tab or the settings it takes Armoury quite long to perform the action. Feels like the program hangs up for one up to six seconds while switching to keyboard tab or settings.

https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/34026966/claymore2.png

And in my Device manager (modern UI version) it says "driver error", in the old device manager it doesn't show up with its own name. Weirdly I also have three keyboards installed (the Razer one I guess is my mouse that has its mouse buttons mapped to keyboard keys). Is it normal that there are so many HID-compliant keyboards?

https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/34026983/claymore3.png

Does anyone have an idea what I can do to fix those issues?

Exposyn
10-05-2017, 11:33 PM
any updates on the wrist rest? Would really like to see this happen

Brighttail
10-06-2017, 12:24 AM
any updates on the wrist rest? Would really like to see this happen

As in will the claymore ever get a wrist rest? I don't think it ever will.

Exposyn
10-06-2017, 04:29 PM
As in will the claymore ever get a wrist rest? I don't think it ever will.

darn lol, it'd def be a nice thing to have

Gofran
10-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Will do! :cool:

hi i had this keyboard also from cool blue when i put it on breathing mode and color red the had some moments it flickers a little can you please also try this i have also H9

thanks in advance

Leatjuhh
10-09-2017, 10:20 AM
hi i had this keyboard also from cool blue when i put it on breathing mode and color red the had some moments it flickers a little can you please also try this i have also H9

thanks in advance

Ill check it tonight.

My experience overall is okay. Had some minor issues here and there (keyboard auto spamming "+/-", synced lighting between Spatha and Claymore not working/being desynced), but nothing major.

Also what version of the Armoury are you running?
And maybe more importantly ; what is the latest version? (@ Bahz?)
Does in app-updating give you the most recent version everytime?

Seems like Asus doesnt update all their product pages when a new version is released.

Maybe it's a good idea to put the latest version under the general software section.

Please excuse me if I overlooked anything.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Leatjuhh
10-10-2017, 11:15 PM
Ill check it tonight.

Tomorrow night that is, @Gofran.

I tested it but nothing was flickering, all normal.
What version of the armoury are you running?

I'm running this:

GamingDj
10-11-2017, 04:35 AM
Hello. I have a problem. Some of the keys are miscolored. I mean, if I set my keyboard to, say, a static red (does not matter if from Armoury or by pressing the FN + RGB buttons) , and I decrease my brightness via FN + Arrows, my whole keyboard is red, but on the numpad, the * , 3, 6 and . DEL buttons are pink. Same with any other color. Always these keys on my numpad are miscolored. On full brightness, it's barely visible, but the more you decrease it, the more visible the color difference becomes.

This problem started possibly after a firmware update, bevcause I have only noticed it recently. I am running the latest Software and Firmware.

I own this keyboard from July, and I bought it new. Serial number starts with G. I hahve tried reinstalling the software, changing USB port, USB cable, the problem persists.

Gofran
10-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Tomorrow night that is, @Gofran.

I tested it but nothing was flickering, all normal.
What version of the armoury are you running?

I'm running this:

he thanks for checking i just got another one amd same issue but the armoury is same version
did you use aura sync breathing mode or just with armoury because mine issue was with aura sync
issue shows on 0:18

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1kjeBfYU6imVDdDNGtlMGkzOVk/view?usp=sharing

Leatjuhh
10-11-2017, 05:32 PM
he thanks for checking i just got another one amd same issue but the armoury is same version
did you use aura sync breathing mode or just with armoury because mine issue was with aura sync
issue shows on 0:18

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1kjeBfYU6imVDdDNGtlMGkzOVk/view?usp=sharing

Nope, I'm not having this issue.

Tried it with Sync on and off..

Did see I was able to update software again today.. Maybe that'll fix it for ya. :)

Skunkfoo
10-18-2017, 02:45 PM
I got this keyboard (with number pad) a few months ago (Serial number starting with G...) and I have nothing but trouble. It worked great for a couple days and not it will just disconnect randomly (of course when I have lots of work to do).

Lights will flicker on and off while windows keeps playing that sound when a USB device is plugged in and unplugged.

Sometimes it wont connect no matter what I do for several minutes to hours. Windows Device Manager will sometimes show upwards of 3 HID Keyboard Devices attached (all of which report it is working properly).

When lights are out on keyboard, no input is accepted and windows wont register any input. I have tried numerous cables and ports on my computer.

I even used it in a brand new ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme i9 7940x build with fresh install of windows 10 and newest drivers (2 days ago)... Problem still exists with the same symptoms / issues.

I have tried using this keyboard alone without any other ASUS Aura Sync, using it with Armory, using it without Armory, with Aura Sync.

Of note I have the following Aura Sync Compatible Components:

ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Motherboard with:
- EKWB MonoBlock (CPU and VRM cooler)
- 75 addressable LEDs
- 2x Phantek 1080 Ti Founders Edition RGB water blocks
- 2x Enermax 400ml pump res combo
ASUS ROG Gladius II Mouse
ASUS ROG Claymore Keyboard
ASUS High Bandwith SLI Bridge
G.Skill 64 GB 3733 MHz DDR4 RGB RAM Kit

Other non Aura Sync RGB
Thermaltake 1250 Watt iRGB PSU
3x Thermaltake 140 Riing Premium Plus Fans
12x Thermaltake RGB PETG Fittings

psychoedge
11-01-2017, 09:18 AM
Hey guys, I have several issues with my Claymore from December 16. A couple of weeks ago the volume bar stopped working. It just doesn't do anything. All other buttons on my numpad do work though.

[...]

Does anyone have an idea what I can do to fix those issues?

anyone? :/

MisterEl
11-23-2017, 12:00 AM
I wanted to provide an update that the separate NUMPAD addon will be released around early-mid November for most countries.

Since we're getting into late November, I was wondering if this is still happening.

MasterC@ROG
11-23-2017, 01:59 AM
Hey Guys,

Test out the latest version of Armoury (1.02.23) and let us know what you think: https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Gladius-II/HelpDesk_Download/

XIIIIX
11-23-2017, 05:32 AM
Works fine.
Only trouble as with the last few updates, is the Sync lightning F**-up the keyboard update.
Un-sync, slelct keyboard and it starts only then to update.
As for Spatha, after update, needed to recall the surface.

As for the compatability with the Fall-update Win10, some querks still exist, though probably Win related in combo with "Gestures".
The pointer sometimes jumps to a select field near the point you want to go.
This sucks heavely when "In game". In Wolfenstein you`re suddenly looking to the ceiling etc.

uiasdnmb
11-25-2017, 11:00 PM
Are we ever getting customizable wave effect with at least 2 colors to set? Sadly preset yellow-orange and red-blue do not fancy my taste.

tomas04
11-28-2017, 08:24 AM
Hey guys. I just bought this brand new cool and expensive keyboard, but I'm having some troubles with it unfortunately.

I've read through this thread, but as far as I could see then there's no one yet with the same issue.

The problems are as follows:
ROG Armoury does not discover the keyboard unless the numpad is connected. No numpad = no possibility to change anything in the software.
The numpad keys does not work on the right side connector. It only works on the left side. This is on a stable, flat surface. Moving the numpad around does not help.
The LEDs however works on the numpad on both sides.
Another issue I have is with the numpad LEDs when connected to the right side. It's showing the "LED pattern" that the left side was supposed to show. It looks like the keyboard thinks the numpad is connected to the left side, LED wise. It is very obvious when running the "ripple" LED theme.

Serial number starts on H8.

KriS_TsT
11-29-2017, 02:20 PM
Hi guys,
Just a quick question (I dont really want to say what I think about these 3 pieces of lovely software: Armoury + Aura + Keybot II=]). Is it at all possible to use keybot functions like 'Boot up to Bios' etc. with normal keyboard functions like volume up\down using wheel above keypad. To be able to use keybot I need to turn it on so as soon as the keybot is turned on my keyboard disappears from Armoury and volume knob doesn't work. Am I missing something? Thanks

T1CAL86
12-29-2017, 10:44 AM
hi

I have recently purchased this beauty, bout straight had issues with it and unfortunately just discovered this forum after looking for complaints.
I have SN starting with H1 (old batch) unresponsive keys. I`m in the middle of a returning process with overclockers uk (do not recommend them, they are not helpful at all)
they are not able to check their stock and tell me what SNs they have or don`t want to. the best thing what I can do return it and buy temporary a corsair k95 rgb platinum with mx speed switches.

Is there anyone who could recommend a shop in UK where I can order from the new batch or they are willing to check at least what they have?
thanks

bennettc54
01-01-2018, 06:03 PM
Since we're getting into late November, I was wondering if this is still happening.

I am interested in the numpad release as well. I have heard it will be soon for almost a year - I believe and lastI heard was the same 'November'.

Where is it?

Thanks!
Chuck

OMGDrAcula
01-03-2018, 06:02 PM
@Bahz please try to get another update on the claymore bond keypad attachment. I am in the USA and there isnt a single one available. Let alone in the correct switches(brown in my case). I want the bond, but at this point it has been completely false advertising on Asus's part. A year later and we have nothing.

This review states it can be purchased separately http://www.funkykit.com/reviews/accessory/asus-rog-claymore-core-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-review/ which if you are in the UK/AUS it can but only in red/blue not brown/black which the Claymore Core/Claymore pages says those switches are available.

OMGDrAcula
01-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Can you at least confirm that the bond was made with all the Cherry MX Options the Claymore has. Brown/Blue/Red/Black?

Lunacy4682
01-07-2018, 12:22 PM
All out Asus rig built straight into a custom desk of my own design... A dream machine and I wanted everything perfect so I went heavy on the Asus. Waited for the Claymore release and bought a core so I could get my hands on it with a promise of a numpad to be released shortly. Now it seems Asus lied. I can tolerate a lot of things going wrong such as software / hardware issues, but this is just unjustified neglect on their part. The dang thing is already in existence. All they have to do is make a box and its done.

At this point, to me.... This is Asus spitting in the face of their fan club. I mean the claymore isn't cheap so they are screwing with the people that spend a lot of cash on rigs, and do not even have the courtesy of being honest and forthcoming.

They might have lost a customer that builds 3 highend rigs a year. A drop in the bucket, but word of mouth spreads!

Rampage V Edition 10
I7 6850K
64G of TridentZ
1TB M.2
2TB SSD
2-Way SLI Asus ROG 1080s
ROG PG348Q 34" 21:9
ROG Spatha

AND A NUMPAD-LESS KEYBOARD!!!!!!!!

Cuchulainn
01-07-2018, 04:34 PM
I have recently purchased the ROG Claymore (with keypad).
There is an issue with some of the keys.
When pressing the second row of keys from the top of the keypad it also activates the key above it.
Or, when pressing the top row of keys, it also activates the key below it.
For example, if I press the "8" key, the "/" key is also activated.
Therefore if I type "8" or "/" on the numpad the response is - "/
And now the return key is opening up menus rather than acting normal, any ideas on how I can fix this
I tried Asus support and there answer was just to return it to the supplier
Thank
Edit - the S/N of the keyboard is HAMPYH001392 - if that means anything.

Brighttail
01-07-2018, 08:33 PM
The Claymore has been one of Asus' major failures. It was promised long ago at a CES and took almost 2 years to come out and when it does, it was only the Core version (with the promise of the numpad later) and had a whole mess of issues. It was more expensive than the Corsair k95 Platinum and didn't even come with a handrest (which was the main reason i decided against it). Here we are about a year after launch and there is still firmware issues and I don't think they are going to sell the individual numpads. I get the feeling that this is one of those releases that ended up having so many issues that they are looking to scrap it and do very little to support it, until the ones sold are out of warranty. It is a business decision and I understand it happens, sometimes you have to cut your losses. It does suck big time for those who bought especially the Core and wanted to upgrade.

OMGDrAcula
01-08-2018, 02:59 AM
I have recently purchased the ROG Claymore (with keypad).
There is an issue with some of the keys.
When pressing the second row of keys from the top of the keypad it also activates the key above it.
Or, when pressing the top row of keys, it also activates the key below it.
For example, if I press the "8" key, the "/" key is also activated.
Therefore if I type "8" or "/" on the numpad the response is - "/
And now the return key is opening up menus rather than acting normal, any ideas on how I can fix this
I tried Asus support and there answer was just to return it to the supplier
Thank
Edit - the S/N of the keyboard is HAMPYH001392 - if that means anything.

Did you try updating firmware? If that doesn't work than for sure RMA it

KMBak
01-22-2018, 08:04 PM
hi all

just purchased a claymore from local shop

my feeling is it fails a lot if not pressed really hard, as a lot f double presses... Ill give it a few days to see if it loosens up a bit, hopefully, because at this stage I cant hardly write a sentence with no misses .. example "O" almost has t be banged and sometimes doubles up, "S" is hard too, Enter misses once in every 3..
Fn+F1 , reinstalling or whatever made no difference

totally unusable, too me 10 mins to write this!

my serial number is GBMPYH002626 could you please check for probability of this being a bad piece ?
thks

I got simillar problem. It shows after a month of using. I see it with "W" key mostly. I press it ones and sometimes I got double "ww" or even "www".
I'm really mad about this. I returned Spatha Mouse (lot of problems, especially with battery & changed Logitech G903) but keyboard worked ok till now.

Did You RMA your keyboard? I more and more conviced that Asus peripherals are very low quality and very overpriced.

My daugter uses Logitech G810 Orion Spark (in fact almost twin construction to Claymore) without problem...

kcmcc
01-24-2018, 04:46 AM
I was lucky enough to receive a fully stable Claymore with keypad

SN HA

I was wondering if there will be a FW update where I can give keys their own colors. I don't see this option in Armoury... I miss this the most currently.

antomime
01-27-2018, 03:40 PM
I got simillar problem. It shows after a month of using. I see it with "W" key mostly. I press it ones and sometimes I got double "ww" or even "www".
I'm really mad about this. I returned Spatha Mouse (lot of problems, especially with battery & changed Logitech G903) but keyboard worked ok till now.

Did You RMA your keyboard? I more and more conviced that Asus peripherals are very low quality and very overpriced.

My daugter uses Logitech G810 Orion Spark (in fact almost twin construction to Claymore) without problem...

Got the WW/W letter typed W bug on mine (or DD), going to RMA tomorrow.
Thought it was the game... 100% knew about the FN+f1-4 so i knew it wasnt that, Then the USB socket (usb2, usb2 keybot2, usb3, usb3.1), then the PC/drivers, then the software (tried 1.19 to 2.26 FW always says its up to date), finally confirmed its the keyboard without a doubt on another PC that isnt Full Asus gear, HP PC confirmed it.

^ as i was typing this i got a double "i" thats new

p/n 90MP00E0-BOUA00
MA01 CLAYMORE/RD/US
^ If anyone cares to cheak when they have the same issue.

-Sent in for RMA, had to buy another keyboard while thats happening, So altho understandable Not Impressed on top of the issues!, Got it home None of the issues the Claymore had, i'm also thinking the Claymore has polling issues because compared to this keyboard its Very Noticeable The Difference, So i'm keeping this one that claymore replacement can go in the bin for all i care

Last time buying Asus Peripherals
Strix 7.1 headset - doesnt work with win10 (best headset ever!)
ROG Centurion 7.1 headset - Mic is crap, Cord hits should lasts 6 months before headset dies.
ROG SWIFT PG278Q - Missing LED/pixles when arrived out of box
STRIX CLAW - Broken from box, didnt work
Claymore - polling issues (speculation) Double sticking input keys e.t.c.

In fact last 3-5 years i've been through: (power issues, bios issues, Usb issues, broken, just stopped working Literally)
Asus X99 Deluxe x2
Asus X99 deluxe 3.1
Ramage V extreme
Asus x99 Sabertooth

only product i havnt has issues with is
Asus 980ti o/c
Asus 1080ti o/c
Asus Ramape V edition 10
ROG SWIFT PG348Q
ROG Gladius II Origin

Faith in your products is down the drain at this point.
But Support for all the issues has been good......

antomime
01-27-2018, 03:42 PM
I was lucky enough to receive a fully stable Claymore with keypad

SN HA

I was wondering if there will be a FW update where I can give keys their own colors. I don't see this option in Armoury... I miss this the most currently.

Select Profile, go to lighting, Custom effect, Click arrows in button icon on the right, select keys to colour & on the left use the + to change colou. (Rince Repeat for new colour keys)

LonCoyLexTonDre
02-05-2018, 07:11 AM
question guys does the rog logo on my claymore will not glow while using wave effect in aura sync?

MasterC@ROG
02-05-2018, 07:46 AM
For more information about the bug and up-to-date progress for the fix, please refer to the following thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98362-Claymore-CAPS-lock-LED-not-working

AAtte
03-02-2018, 11:35 AM
Hi! I just bought the Claymore Core. I previously owned the Logitech G810 which had supercool game light profiles. When I played BF1, the keyboard could change to red when I died etc. Can we have that in Claymore? I moved to Claymore, because of the onboard memory for different profiles, but I miss that part of the Logitech software.

Or at least a working profile changer. Most of the time the software knows when to change to the game profile (like when opening BF1.exe), but it doesn't know how to change the profile back after gaming. This would be very nice also.

Also, could you add a sleep timer for the keyboard lighting? I would like the lights to go off automatically if I'm not using the keyboard in a while, like when whatching videos. Maybe even able ''screensaver'' effects, like setting a certain light effect when you don't touch the keyboard for a certain time?

Please tell me if any of these things are coming, because I really want to keep this keyboard. If it doesn't evolve over the current state, I can't keep it. :(

kotttte
03-07-2018, 08:25 PM
cusstom effects not working properly and Double key presses after the latest update. thanks. anything to do? revert back to older version or toss this great keyboard with the worst software in the bin

F0x135
03-22-2018, 07:59 AM
Hi all,

so recieved my new Claymore MX blue today, but trying to set up armoury i get the 'TURN OFF AURA SOFTWARE TO UNLOCK ARMOURY' error message.

Aura is turned off at software level. What else is causing this conflict?

namoi
03-22-2018, 08:49 AM
Hi all,

so recieved my new Claymore MX blue today, but trying to set up armoury i get the 'TURN OFF AURA SOFTWARE TO UNLOCK ARMOURY' error message.

Aura is turned off at software level. What else is causing this conflict?Yeah i reported already this popup isn't clear.
What you need to do is unsync the keyb in Aura (use the link icon at the top). Don't even need to turn off aura.

MasterC@ROG
03-22-2018, 08:51 AM
Hi all,

Aura is turned off at software level. What else is causing this conflict?

To be clearer, rather than just exiting the Aura software, unsync each device in Aura first before closing it.

F0x135
03-22-2018, 09:37 AM
Yeah i reported already this popup isn't clear.
What you need to do is unsync the keyb in Aura (use the link icon at the top). Don't even need to turn off aura.

To be clearer, rather than just exiting the Aura software, unsync each device in Aura first before closing it.

Amazing. Thank you both for your help!

D1cky
03-24-2018, 11:44 AM
Hi! I just bought the Claymore Core. I previously owned the Logitech G810 which had supercool game light profiles. When I played BF1, the keyboard could change to red when I died etc. Can we have that in Claymore? I moved to Claymore, because of the onboard memory for different profiles, but I miss that part of the Logitech software.

Or at least a working profile changer. Most of the time the software knows when to change to the game profile (like when opening BF1.exe), but it doesn't know how to change the profile back after gaming. This would be very nice also.

Also, could you add a sleep timer for the keyboard lighting? I would like the lights to go off automatically if I'm not using the keyboard in a while, like when whatching videos. Maybe even able ''screensaver'' effects, like setting a certain light effect when you don't touch the keyboard for a certain time?

Please tell me if any of these things are coming, because I really want to keep this keyboard. If it doesn't evolve over the current state, I can't keep it. :(

I couldn't agree more! I waited the features like you mention since the first day of claymore!
There are no added functionality since! They just try to make the armoury works and try to kill some bugs from day one! The hardware is great but the software is awful! When I think the pricetag I start crying! I adviced the claymore software team to make the software open source for community or let us to make addons or widgets for it! I like this keyboard so much and I have tons of great ideas how to make it perfect with more functionality!

MasterC@ROG
03-26-2018, 08:47 AM
I couldn't agree more! I waited the features like you mention since the first day of claymore!
There are no added functionality since! They just try to make the armoury works and try to kill some bugs from day one! The hardware is great but the software is awful! When I think the pricetag I start crying! I adviced the claymore software team to make the software open source for community or let us to make addons or widgets for it! I like this keyboard so much and I have tons of great ideas how to make it perfect with more functionality!

You guys should find the Aura SDK section very interesting:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?297

namoi
03-26-2018, 09:10 AM
https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?297I don't see why.
I follow this part and while the idea was promising in theory, in practice it is kind of dead (just check the last post there and the number of projects).

Furthermore i am not even sure the claymore can be adressed via the sdk or if is even documented.
Also i don't see how it would be possible to hack Armoury through it to implement new patterns.

Finally that is not a trivial work if even doable.

I could also add that you are basically inviting your customers to put the hands under the hood instead of your dev teams.
In that case why not make Armoury (and Aura) softwares open source. Would be more easy.

No offence of course.

D1cky
03-26-2018, 09:53 AM
https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?297

It is something! I'll check this thread. Are there any official AURA SDK site?

Thanks, for the info!

Edited (I've found the official site): https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/SDK.html

kotttte
04-03-2018, 12:42 PM
I guess i just must send this keyboard back where i bought it from, because of the double key presses and some times it doesnt even register a keypress :mad:

KMBak
04-03-2018, 12:53 PM
I guess i just must send this keyboard back where i bought it from, because of the double key presses and some times it doesnt even register a keypress :mad:

What key is making double press?

kotttte
04-03-2018, 12:59 PM
90% of time its S, but e and d have done it alsso <--- there again.

MasterC@ROG
04-09-2018, 10:03 AM
90% of time its S, but e and d have done it alsso <--- there again.

Sorry to about that, keyboard chattering is indeed annoying for anyone. Please RMA or exchange for another one (depending on the return policy at your place of purchase).

kotttte
05-09-2018, 10:22 AM
Getting a replacement next week, hope it lasts longer than the old one ;)

samboy87
05-15-2018, 02:26 PM
Getting a replacement next week, hope it lasts longer than the old one ;)

Mine is working perfectly! bought mine 3 days ago , and working like a charm , S/N H9 (Cherry MX RED) . Only thing what i have is that the right ALT activates CTRL+ALT , don't know if thats what it suppose to do. other than that , never had any ghosting or other type of problems (knocking on wood) in my point of view , they should make ROG Armory better, still buggy and pretty empty , i had a Razer BlackWiddow Chroma and it's miles better , with much more presets (latest update got FIRE preset for the leds) Asus doesn't update it continually like other brands :( If they want to make the best products , they need to make the best software! They need to support it fully and dedicate their time to pump out updates and features for their products , to give us the best experience!

Other than that , I love the Claymore!

MasterC@ROG
05-16-2018, 08:48 AM
Mine is working perfectly! bought mine 3 days ago , and working like a charm , S/N H9 (Cherry MX RED) . Only thing what i have is that the right ALT activates CTRL+ALT , don't know if thats what it suppose to do. other than that , never had any ghosting or other type of problems (knocking on wood) in my point of view , they should make ROG Armory better, still buggy and pretty empty , i had a Razer BlackWiddow Chroma and it's miles better , with much more presets (latest update got FIRE preset for the leds) Asus doesn't update it continually like other brands :( If they want to make the best products , they need to make the best software! They need to support it fully and dedicate their time to pump out updates and features for their products , to give us the best experience!

Other than that , I love the Claymore!

Thanks for your positive feedback!

Armoury is improving with each update. We provide the most diverse ecosystem, we do challenge ourselves to also deliver the most advanced software to unify each and every component.

If you have any suggestions or issues to report, you can go to the latest Armoury II update thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101653-ROG-Armoury-II-v2-05-01-Report-any-issues-here

Aztir
06-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Had this issue starting from a week after i recieved my claymore.

I could be playing games absolutely normal and the keyboard will start up random programs, exit the game i play, type completely random string of text to friends, almost shut down the computer and enable Zoom 200% on everything.

this is quite annoying and frustrating as i enjoy the keyboard apart from this.

-Tried different USB ports
-Updated and reinstalled drivers multiple times
-ROG Armory is always up to date

I am confident this is a software issue as restarting the Armory program and fiddling around in there fixes it for a time until it happens again.

Any other tips i might try?

MasterC@ROG
06-04-2018, 04:10 AM
Had this issue starting from a week after i recieved my claymore.

I could be playing games absolutely normal and the keyboard will start up random programs, exit the game i play, type completely random string of text to friends, almost shut down the computer and enable Zoom 200% on everything.

this is quite annoying and frustrating as i enjoy the keyboard apart from this.

-Tried different USB ports
-Updated and reinstalled drivers multiple times
-ROG Armory is always up to date

I am confident this is a software issue as restarting the Armory program and fiddling around in there fixes it for a time until it happens again.

Any other tips i might try?

Updating and reinstalling drivers will not reset the settings stored in the Claymore. Try to revert the settings to defaults in each profile.

Stray_Za
06-07-2018, 12:41 PM
Wassup ROG,

Well i have the strangest issue i have ever experienced with a PC, literally driving me mad!

Look at the attached image 74119

ROG, please help me!

sadly i wouldnt care if everyhting worked fine, but in windows i can use the keyboard fine,
but as soon as I go into an application or game, the keyboard and mouse are literally useless..

Before you all go on the usual Id10t problems, like drivers etc

I have removed the keyboard and mouse from windows, reinstalled the drivers, changed USB ports, reinstalled windows, clean installed drivers, clean installed applications(armoury, etc)

My system is pretty much all ROG,
ROG Maximus X code
ROG Strix 1070
ROG Claymore
ROG Gladius II

Highly annoying... please help

MasterC@ROG
06-08-2018, 08:21 AM
Sup Stray_Za,
It most definitely is strange, I haven't heard of any cases like this. I'm using the Claymore and Gladius II right now and I can't seem to understand how you've gone wrong.

Sorry, we still have to check through the basic stuff, because your Claymore and Gladius II are obviously functioning fine under Windows.

How do you know your Claymore is detected as Gladius II? If you mean Device Manager, that's normal since our peripheral can execute functions as mouse or keyboard.
Which applications or games will cause your peripherals to stop working?
Do they stop working completely? Even lighting?
Do other peripherals work okay? Please try if haven't already.
Are you using the latest firmware?
Are you using a USB hub or connecting the peripherals via a monitor?
Tried reverting settings in Armoury to defaults? (reinstalling does not affect built-in memory)
Are you able to change profiles?

Aztir
06-08-2018, 09:33 AM
Updating and reinstalling drivers will not reset the settings stored in the Claymore. Try to revert the settings to defaults in each profile.

tried soloution, only worked for a few days and now problem is back. continuosly shutting down web browser, deleting shortcuts on desktop, changing fan speeds on my pc, acessing task manager, muting my audio, opening up dozens of programs and causing crashes.

seem to have similar issue as the person above

my answers to the questions asked previously

Which applications or games will cause your peripherals to stop working? : happens in any game i play, often also when i am browsing the web or just have the desktop up not even doing anything.
Do they stop working completely? Even lighting? : keyboard functions normally on most parts, certain key presses can cause strings of text completely random, lightning often turns to a different profile or off, often displaying the white light from Caps lock scroll lock and num lock, also a flashing ALT GR button.
Do other peripherals work okay? Please try if haven't already. other peripherals are fine but can be affected by the random input, turning them off or disabling things.
Are you using the latest firmware? : Yes
Are you using a USB hub or connecting the peripherals via a monitor? : keyboard connected straight to the motherboard
Tried reverting settings in Armoury to defaults? (reinstalling does not affect built-in memory) : Several times
Are you able to change profiles? : Yes

MasterC@ROG
06-08-2018, 09:50 AM
tried soloution, only worked for a few days and now problem is back. continuosly shutting down web browser, deleting shortcuts on desktop, changing fan speeds on my pc, acessing task manager, muting my audio, opening up dozens of programs and causing crashes.

seem to have similar issue as the person above

my answers to the questions asked previously

Which applications or games will cause your peripherals to stop working? : happens in any game i play, often also when i am browsing the web or just have the desktop up not even doing anything.
Do they stop working completely? Even lighting? : keyboard functions normally on most parts, certain key presses can cause strings of text completely random, lightning often turns to a different profile or off, often displaying the white light from Caps lock scroll lock and num lock, also a flashing ALT GR button.
Do other peripherals work okay? Please try if haven't already. other peripherals are fine but can be affected by the random input, turning them off or disabling things.
Are you using a USB hub or connecting the peripherals via a monitor? : keyboard connected straight to the motherboard
Tried reverting settings in Armoury to defaults? (reinstalling does not affect built-in memory) : Several times
Are you able to change profiles? : Yes

Such craziness would generally prompt me to reinstall Windows...

Changing fan speeds, accessing task manager, random strings of text?! Did you map any of these things to your keys or use any other software which might cause this?

Aztir
06-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Such craziness would generally prompt me to reinstall Windows...

Changing fan speeds, accessing task manager, random strings of text?! Did you map any of these things to your keys or use any other software which might cause this?

i have not remapped any keys on the keyboard and have only changed the lightning once.
no other software installed that might cause this

disconnecting the keyboard causes all problems to disappear and i have used an old one just fine these days .

i even took a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4MT5HMC5TY&feature=youtu.be

MasterC@ROG
06-11-2018, 04:18 AM
tried soloution, only worked for a few days and now problem is back.

If your Claymore appears to be okay after reverting to defaults, then it could be something else. Did you say there may be random input amongst other things even when other peripherals are connected instead?
Try holding Fn+Esc for 15-20 seconds to reset the Claymore (or Flare).

I have private messaged you the latest Claymore firmware so you can flash again manually.

Does this craziness occur in other PCs? Please check.

Aztir
07-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Hi again

have not had any more issues with the claymore since the previous post.
I disconnected the Numpad and it has been working perfectly ever since.

probably a driver error or a bad connection causing my issues when the pins are in contact.
I often have use for the Numpad so is there any soloutions on that part?

MasterC@ROG
07-03-2018, 01:58 AM
Hi again

have not had any more issues with the claymore since the previous post.
I disconnected the Numpad and it has been working perfectly ever since.

probably a driver error or a bad connection causing my issues when the pins are in contact.
I often have use for the Numpad so is there any soloutions on that part?

Try connecting the Numpad on the other side of the keyboard to see if it is a connection issue.

technobot
07-26-2018, 04:50 PM
I am having the following issue: when my system goes into sleep mode, upon wake the lighting on my ROG Claymore and Gladius II Origin doesn't work. The easy workaround is to simply apply the lighting profiles again in Armoury. I have tried different ports/system/re-installing Armoury and Aura with the same issue. The keyboard and mouse are unlinked from Aura (controlled by Armoury).

As mentioned I can get around this easily, it's not the end of the world because it works again but it's certainly an inconvenience. Was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue?

The keyboard/mouse work perfectly fine otherwise; keyboard is *not* plugged into keybot port, and both keyboard and mouse have latest firmware (Claymore: 1.09.01 and Gladius II Origin: 0107). I am also running the latest versions of Armoury and Aura (Armoury: 2.06.04, Aura: 1.06.29

System specs:

i7 8700k
Maximus X Formula
ROG Claymore
ROG Gladius II Origin
Windows 10

Exposyn
09-02-2018, 08:23 PM
When hitting live update on the Armoury software i'm getting a please check your internet connection and try again. Happens on 2 different computers. I'm connected to the internet on both pcs

MasterC@ROG
09-03-2018, 05:35 AM
When hitting live update on the Armoury software i'm getting a please check your internet connection and try again. Happens on 2 different computers. I'm connected to the internet on both pcs

Haven't experienced this issue before, we'll look into it.
Are you on the latest versions for software and firmware?
So the internet browser on both PCs are working fine?

Exposyn
09-04-2018, 12:15 AM
Haven't experienced this issue before, we'll look into it.
Are you on the latest versions for software and firmware?
So the internet browser on both PCs are working fine?

Yup on the latest, it seems to have fixed itself. Are those the latest firmware?

My wife's keyboard is stuck at 1.08 and it's not prompting for her to update to 1.09.01, my board updated to 1.09.01

adamr
09-06-2018, 04:07 AM
Yup on the latest, it seems to have fixed itself. Are those the latest firmware?

My wife's keyboard is stuck at 1.08 and it's not prompting for her to update to 1.09.01, my board updated to 1.09.01

Just reading this now and I'm also stuck on 1.08. does not find new firmware [emoji20]

MasterC@ROG
09-07-2018, 05:50 AM

Please check your inbox, I have sent you the latest versions of the firmware.

MasterC@ROG
09-07-2018, 05:53 AM
Just reading this now and I'm also stuck on 1.08. does not find new firmware [emoji20]

Please check your inbox, the link for the latest firmware has been sent to you also.

SorReN7123
09-20-2018, 01:51 PM
Hi, so accidently i've changed some binds in my keyboard so now basicly shift is useless and i cant write question marks and all of that, i want to know if there is a way to restore defaults on this device like it would be out of the box. Pls help

MasterC@ROG
09-21-2018, 06:33 AM
Hi, so accidently i've changed some binds in my keyboard so now basicly shift is useless and i cant write question marks and all of that, i want to know if there is a way to restore defaults on this device like it would be out of the box. Pls help

Hold Fn+Esc for around 10 seconds. Functions are similar to those of the Flare.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102043-Keys-to-the-Features-ROG-Strix-Flare

loccc
10-03-2018, 06:46 PM
Just got my ROG Claymore today. Tried to install Armory but instantly getting error of "An installation support for could not be installed. Catastrophic Failure". I red about software problems when this keyboard was released but thought those would have been ironed out by now. Any tips to try?

gsmhacks
10-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Here are the problems of my keyboard after updating the latest firmware 80% version 1.09.01

1. number 8 key is working but LED is not illuminating anymore
2. letter color rotation is not correct. more on RED now.
3. F6, I, K, < and backspace is still showing dim color green even if set the LED light to off

I want to downgrade or update again but I can't find any link to get the firmware

MasterC@ROG
10-16-2018, 09:50 AM
Just got my ROG Claymore today. Tried to install Armory but instantly getting error of "An installation support for could not be installed. Catastrophic Failure". I red about software problems when this keyboard was released but thought those would have been ironed out by now. Any tips to try?

Try downloading Armoury again.
You've probably tried reinstalling a few times, have you tried a different PC? Not many people encounter failed installs.

MasterC@ROG
10-16-2018, 09:53 AM
Here are the problems of my keyboard after updating the latest firmware 80% version 1.09.01

1. number 8 key is working but LED is not illuminating anymore
2. letter color rotation is not correct. more on RED now.
3. F6, I, K, < and backspace is still showing dim color green even if set the LED light to off

I want to downgrade or update again but I can't find any link to get the firmware

Please check your inbox, I have sent you the link to the Claymore firmware download.

Fate
10-19-2018, 08:53 AM
guys all my Fn commands doesnt work , do they work on x470 strix gaming F ?

MasterC@ROG
10-25-2018, 03:37 AM
guys all my Fn commands doesnt work , do they work on x470 strix gaming F ?

Anyone else here having this issue?

I have sent you the link to the latest firmware for your Claymore. Try flashing that, make sure your software and UEFI are up-to-date, then try again.
Are you holding down the Fn key first before pressing anything else?

gsmhacks
10-26-2018, 06:00 AM
Please check your inbox, I have sent you the link to the Claymore firmware download.

updated the firmware to 80% 1.09.01 but the lighting issue on number 8 and letter E is still the same.

my keyboard is rog claymore full version the one with removal numpad.. not the core version. not sure if there are difference on the firmware of the two version

MasterC@ROG
10-26-2018, 06:58 AM
updated the firmware to 80% 1.09.01 but the lighting issue on number 8 and letter E is still the same.

my keyboard is rog claymore full version the one with removal numpad.. not the core version. not sure if there are difference on the firmware of the two version

80% is for the main keyboard (Claymore Core), and 20% for the numpad (Claymore Bond). Won't need a different firmware. Check different lighting modes to verify if the LEDs are faulty. If they are, RMA or exchange at your place of purchase if possible (faster).

Moof101
10-31-2018, 08:26 PM
Hello,

I am looking at getting a ROG Claymore and although i do game, i end up using the media keys way more often than the F keys. Is there a way to make the media keys default on the Claymore, so you don't have to use the Fn key to use them? I was hoping there would be some setting in Armoury that would allow you to switch it or even set up a macro to essentially minic the Fn + media key on a single press of the relavant media key (If that makes sense??).

Cheers

Nick

MasterC@ROG
11-01-2018, 03:39 AM
Hello,

I am looking at getting a ROG Claymore and although i do game, i end up using the media keys way more often than the F keys. Is there a way to make the media keys default on the Claymore, so you don't have to use the Fn key to use them? I was hoping there would be some setting in Armoury that would allow you to switch it or even set up a macro to essentially minic the Fn + media key on a single press of the relavant media key (If that makes sense??).

Cheers

Nick

Almost all the keys can be reprogrammed - so yes. You can try mapping multimedia keys to the keypad as well which has a scroll wheel, and you can choose which side of the keyboard you want it on.

Moof101
11-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Almost all the keys can be reprogrammed - so yes. You can try mapping multimedia keys to the keypad as well which has a scroll wheel, and you can choose which side of the keyboard you want it on.

Cheers for that. I think that info seals the deal.

Exposyn
11-28-2018, 01:27 PM
any chance we'll see a claymore with a mx silver switch?

Thanks!

MasterC@ROG
12-11-2018, 10:22 AM
any chance we'll see a claymore with a mx silver switch?

Thanks!

When there is great demand, it might be possible. Comment here if anyone else would like this option.

replica28
12-11-2018, 12:34 PM
hello,

is there any option to light up the logo without space bar?
also, i'm not able to use fn + arrows up/down to modify the brightness (i'm using armoury wave color pattern and can't adjust the brightness with the software)

thanks

MasterC@ROG
12-12-2018, 01:48 AM
The only way to control the logo independently from the space bar is to customize 'sky' for the Starry Night effect.

Brightness works fine for preset lighting effects. Just don't use customized lighting settings if you wish to modify the brightness.

travisandcarriekinnett
12-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Sorry to hear you had issues. Make sure you have the latest armory software. *I believe it's on the claymore (not core) page. Check around for the latest version. For reasons unknown all the support pages don't get updated with the new versions.*

I didn't have any issues with the KB working but did have lighting issues and the FW would not update until I installed the latest version. I bought the claymore core and spatha the same day, the mouse wouldn't update either. All good now though.*

If that's not the issue sometimes new gear comes broken. Usually less than 5% but everyone has to take their turn at some point getting a goose egg. Don't let that discourage you. Once mine got all ironed out it works great. My only issue is sometimes on cold boot the KB or mouse won't work and I have to disconnect then reconnect the USB then goes to working fine. I'm not at all happy about that issue as one would think that when you pay premium 💰 you would get a flawless premium product.*

Hey I was just wondering if you ever got the issue fixxed that caused your keyboard to not work on cold boot...mines doing the same thing. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

MrAgapiGC
12-16-2018, 05:44 PM
Need urgent response. How i reflash the claymore???? reinstall the firmware/ I was looking the post aside FN+ESC there is another way like the spartha? URGENT

MasterC@ROG
12-17-2018, 02:01 AM
Need urgent response. How i reflash the claymore???? reinstall the firmware/ I was looking the post aside FN+ESC there is another way like the spartha? URGENT

Please check your inbox, I have sent you the link to the latest Claymore firmware update files.

Dicehunter
12-21-2018, 10:28 PM
Is there any chance we could gain the option of adjusting the brightness of the LED's when we have a custom lighting profile on the Claymore ?
I've been able to do this on my older Corsair K95 RGB and that came out in 2015, Nearly 2 years prior to the Claymore.
I know it's asking a lot but would REALLY appreciate it.

MasterC@ROG
12-24-2018, 02:37 AM
Is there any chance we could gain the option of adjusting the brightness of the LED's when we have a custom lighting profile on the Claymore ?
I've been able to do this on my older Corsair K95 RGB and that came out in 2015, Nearly 2 years prior to the Claymore.

I can take this to the team. Please understand it will be difficult to make adding new features and functionality a priority if suggested by one person. If anyone else finds this function useful, join in the discussion.

alekasas
01-10-2019, 10:04 PM
I can take this to the team. Please understand it will be difficult to make adding new features and functionality a priority if suggested by one person. If anyone else finds this function useful, join in the discussion.

Hi and happy new year! I also want to have that fuction on costum profiles!

Thanks!

hanz00
01-15-2019, 01:55 PM
*Edit : Moved to a new thread.

Elsturge
01-19-2019, 09:46 PM
Does anybody else have an problem with unresponsive keys ad key chatter? If so, how can i fix this without sending the keyboard back?

saturatedfat
02-03-2019, 06:54 PM
Just bought an ROG Claymore and have some issues while playing fps games. my WASD keys are not working correctly. When holding those keys, my character is not moving/running. Tried it to 3 different FPS games but still the same thing happen. ROG armoury and keybaord firmware is up-to-date.

alekasas
02-11-2019, 12:35 AM
Just bought an ROG Claymore and have some issues while playing fps games. my WASD keys are not working correctly. When holding those keys, my character is not moving/running. Tried it to 3 different FPS games but still the same thing happen. ROG armoury and keybaord firmware is up-to-date.

Hi friend. Dont worry your keyboard its just fine. The Claymore has the fuction to ajust keypress repeat. You can do that with FN + F1 up to F4. F1 is the standar and increasses up to F4. Most likey you have pressed FN + F2 or F3.

Solution: Just press FN + F1 and you will be fine!

erixx11
03-11-2019, 11:15 PM
so far I am happy after 1 month of use. thekeys, I like them, and everything else. I have installed Armoury 2. No Aura.
What I am missing is
1. USB 2 or 3 ports for stuff like pendrives, no keyboard should lacking usb ports
2. the Light + and Light - do nothing with a personal profile.
3. All the BIOS related functions (CPU OC, RAM OC, Enter BIOS, Boot Up, ROG sync) of this keyboard do not work or do anything with the Rampage VI APEX board, my board. Only Fan profiles work (runing AI Suite). Fn+Boot does not work (leaving USB on to boot does work, of course, just like any 5 keyboard)
It would be totally cool to be able to, at least, go into the UEFI BIOS with just a keypress! Is this possible or too hard?
In short: too many gimmicks, not working gimmicks leave a bad taste. Why not include a keystrole with the function of an Overclocking Wheel a la MSI to overclock step by step from 4000 to 5000 Mhz, instead of a non working, non documented, non useful "CPU OC" keystroke?

PotatoTony
06-13-2019, 12:06 PM
test

help i cannot post my issue ^^

See here: https://pastebin.com/1iw741hB

1mluer
06-13-2019, 05:01 PM

This can be done with manual control using the keyboard firmware. just hit Function key and up arrow to make brighter and function key down arrow to dim the LED's

trailbyfun
12-05-2019, 10:12 PM
I have an issue that the lighting only works on the number pad. I have uninstalled armoury and Aura but this has not helped, I have a maximus XI wifi board. Spatha Mouse works fine. Any help would be great no lighting at all works on the keyboard. This started and I updated all the software/firmware.

Update I noticed that this time when I installed the armoury the Claymore appears with the mouse in device manager and in keyboards it shows HID keyboard Device 4 times, when I unplug it 2 of them disappear. How weird is that?

Exposyn
12-13-2019, 12:04 PM
What is the current/latest firmware?

I'm currently on 1.09.01 on 80% and 1.03.00 on my numpad

Thanks

petrabesenic
01-11-2020, 10:16 PM
I am unable to switch default assignment of keys y and z (from qwerty to qwertz). Reassignment of other keys seems to be functioning properly. Any idea on the solution for this. Software and firmware are up to date.
I've already tried reinstallation of Armoury but that doesnt seem to work. The mentioned keys remapped ˝by themselves˝ the other day, but on restarting the computer were back to their old self. This is getting very annoying, and I'm starting to regret the purchase.

stna1981
09-07-2020, 09:39 AM
Is there any solution if the volume dial starts making issues? When scrolling up 10x, 8x volume goes up, but 2x the volume goes down. Seems that there is some technical issues with the place where the wheel movement is registered. Might it help to open the numblock and clean something? Everyone done this before?

MasterC@ROG
09-07-2020, 10:29 AM
Have you tested the keyboard on a different computer? I can't replicate this. The volume should increase/decrease by increments of 2.

Is there any solution if the volume dial starts making issues? When scrolling up 10x, 8x volume goes up, but 2x the volume goes down. Seems that there is some technical issues with the place where the wheel movement is registered. Might it help to open the numblock and clean something? Everyone done this before?

stna1981
09-07-2020, 02:52 PM
Have you tested the keyboard on a different computer? I can't replicate this. The volume should increase/decrease by increments of 2.
The issue is hardware related. I use the keyboard on 2 different computers and it happens on both. It did not happen in the beginning but came by time. Not the first issue I have with the Claymore, no good quality considering the hefty price tag.

MasterC@ROG
09-29-2020, 12:02 PM
Sorry to hear that, I'm afraid this will need to be handled by one of the ASUS Service Centers in your region.

marc.caubet.serrabou
11-25-2020, 04:09 PM
I purchased my ASUS ROG Claymore ~1 year ago, and the Boot Up key never worked (S5 + Windows Fast Boot configured properly), neither did the BIOS key or the light keys which were randomly working (despite the profile in use). I performed a reset of the keyboard (long Fn+ESC) several times, reinstalled software, removed Armoury II by leaving Crate only, etc. Always with problems.

I have a desktop G21CN which also experienced many problems (sudden crashes or freezes, I sent it 3 times to support) so I always thought it was a problem with my desktop and not with my keyboard, and keyboard was just suffering from some side-effect from the motherboard (like keybot chipset not properly working, or motherboard issue, etc.).

After 1 year and a half with G21CN problems, the motherboard, CPU and GFX were replaced. I have a new-like desktop, and ASUS ROG Claymore problems persist. My PC is ofc not freezing/rebooting anymore, but I noticed while playing CS:GO that game image was like slightly flickering. After disconnecting the ASUS ROG Claymore and connecting a standard non-mechanical keyboard, this "flickering" is not showing up anymore. I sent the Asus ROG Claymore back to the vendor, let's hope I will have a full replacement because it was not just about few keys not working (even reinstalling the system from the scratch), was also the behaviour of the keyboard while playing (of course, I always set the key speed to x1 and is the first thing I always test).

I was wondering if other people has experience with such problems, and which could be the reason why the keyboard behaves like this, might be a problem with the NumPad? As far as I saw in the forums many of the problems related to the Asus ROG Claymore are solutions which include the NumPad... but it can perfectly be a coincidence.

Stewen
03-07-2021, 08:35 PM
Dear engineers.

I would like to somehow reload the existing firmware into the claymore because the brightness control doesn't work up and down.

is this possible somehow?

thanks if anyone can help

grizzly77
04-27-2021, 09:40 AM
Can someone tell me what the heck is wrong with my Claymore?? It keeps disconnecting all time, and going all nuts. Ive tested it on several computers, all Asus. But no, it might work for a day, or for a minute, then disconnects, and makes the whole system go nuts. I just bought a new Asus Rog Strix G513QR laptop, and no luck with the Claymore.

FYI, I use the latest drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled Armoury, updated, downdated, done about everything you can do...and yet, that annoying usb-disconnect sound, and keyboard goes dark in the middle of a game...Really dissappointed in this thing.

BigJohnny
04-28-2021, 03:03 AM
I bought one when they first came out. Always had issues with it in one form or another. Then it locked on color cycle and stayed there. It went in the trash along with the spatha mouse and went all corsair.

grizzly77
04-28-2021, 07:03 AM
I bought one when they first came out. Always had issues with it in one form or another. Then it locked on color cycle and stayed there. It went in the trash along with the spatha mouse and went all corsair.

Yeah...I´m about to use this one for target practice with my shotgun. Worked for a couple of weeks, and I tought the problems was sorten, but F it, got worse. Yesterday it actually screwed up my new laptop pretty good. Lost bluetooth, resetted my bios, and made the whole laptop go nuts. I lost all other usb-ports when the Claymore was connected. Time for this one to go to keyboard-heaven.

gnrendeiro
06-29-2021, 04:43 PM
Hi guys... hopefully you guys will be able to help me. A few weeks (maybe couple of mnonths) ago I went to the Armoury app and ran all the pending updates on all the hardware I have from Asus. When going for the update on the Claymore (I believe it was the first time I've done an update on the keyboard since buying it back in May 2019) it said I should couple the Num Pad before running the update so that is what I did (I rarely have it connected, unless I need it for a specific task, otherwise I prefer the shorter keyboard) and then ran the update. After the update finished, the Num Pad has not worked since. I've tried in other pcs and nothing... no color, no keys working, nothing at all. Tried on both sides of the keyboard... still nothing.

Has this happened to any other person? Anyone can help with this?

Super thankful for any info and help you guys can give.

Cheers, Goncalo

Brighttail
09-18-2021, 03:58 PM
I have the Claymore 2... is there a way to reset or roll back the firmware updates? My keyboard has been having issues since the last update with the ALT key seemingly stuck in the ON position even though the key isn't depressed. It makes typing impossible and before I look at RMAing, I thought I would try to roll back the firmware or reset it to the original.

Is there a way to do this easily?

Thanks