PDA

View Full Version : ROG Claymore

Pages : [1] 2

FoskcoRS5
09-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Dear ASUS,

We want the Claymore, and we want it now.

Please.

Thank you,

-Your loyal consumers

PGInformatique
09-14-2016, 12:43 PM
Dear ASUS,

Please.

Thank you,

-Your loyal consumers

+1 :cool:

Bahz
09-17-2016, 11:36 AM
We're definitely taking our time with the Claymore to avoid running into the similar issues during launch with the Spatha. I'm helping in the testing with the Claymore and I can tell you that we're working hard to make sure all the functions in the software and drivers are working properly before we launch this. I can't mention the date due to company policies and also because it will differ for each region but I can tell you that it will be very soon.

Vlada011
09-27-2016, 12:14 AM
Claymore look great without numpad.

Leatjuhh
09-30-2016, 02:35 PM
Can't wait till soon! :D

The Claymore in combination with the Spatha & PG348Q will comliment my build so nicely!

Can't wait till the release to start buidling.. :cool:

FoskcoRS5
10-03-2016, 08:19 PM
We're definitely taking our time with the Claymore to avoid running into the similar issues during launch with the Spatha. I'm helping in the testing with the Claymore and I can tell you that we're working hard to make sure all the functions in the software and drivers are working properly before we launch this. I can't mention the date due to company policies and also because it will differ for each region but I can tell you that it will be very soon.

Thank you Bahz, I think I speak for everyone. We cannot wait. I've rallied a ton of people at work. We were huge fans of the Microsoft Sidewinder X6.

MisterEl
10-08-2016, 11:55 PM

It would be nice to get some type of information though, especially if you want to keep people from moving on to Corsair/Razer/Logitech/etc. that is, if they haven't already. The only answer we ever get is "Soon." And that's if we even get a reply. I understand waiting for the software to be in working order before release though. I'm sure nobody wants it to be buggy. But this keyboard has been dangled in front of us for almost 2 years now with little to no information. So it's should be understandable that people are getting a bit impatient.

Bahz
10-18-2016, 03:54 AM
The Claymore has already been released in Hong Kong and Singapore but the release date for other countries will vary, we're working as fast as possible to improve the software as quickly as possible. The product itself is ready and since it's already selling in some countries, you can expect to see it on the shelves of stores within 1 month for most major countries.

Bahz
10-18-2016, 03:56 AM
So there were problems with the Spatha...

So my question is if I RMA the one I have due to the issues I have discussed in the Mice thread, will I get a replacement that doesn't have the problems?

Hi Brighttail,

I replied to you in the other thread, since this thread is regarding Claymore and your issue is specific to you only, so please kindly avoid posting in other threads where the topic isn't related.

Thanks,
Bahz

Brighttail
10-20-2016, 11:38 PM
My apologies, you were apparently on vacation. :)

Concerning the Claymore, will there ever be an option for a wrist rest? I don't know of any high-end keyboard that doesn't have one! :) Some of us have carpal tunnel!

Leatjuhh
10-25-2016, 07:56 AM
you can expect to see it on the shelves of stores within 1 month for most major countries.

Thank you for this info <3

maliciousken
10-25-2016, 10:32 PM
The Claymore has already been released in Hong Kong and Singapore but the release date for other countries will vary, we're working as fast as possible to improve the software as quickly as possible. The product itself is ready and since it's already selling in some countries, you can expect to see it on the shelves of stores within 1 month for most major countries.

This is not true. I am from Singapore.

Only the claymore CORE edition is available. It is the tenlesskey version, and the number pad add-on is not available for purchase.

May I know when will we be able to purchase the non-core version or the number pad separately? Another few years time?

Rgds,
Ken

Leatjuhh
10-26-2016, 07:58 AM
This is not true. I am from Singapore.

Ouch.. I certainly hope the regular/full edition will be available at launch here in EU..

I NEED IT :rolleyes:

zluca
10-30-2016, 01:02 PM
I can t find the claymore in any store in Finland (where I live) and Italy (where I come from) there are some information about the release date? I imagine mouse spartha and claymore togethere are better than a girl :-)

Bahz
11-03-2016, 08:47 AM
As per company policy I can't state the exact date and it also differs by region. I can tell you it's extremely soon and APAC countries will likely get it first as HK and SG were among the first to carry the core version.

Additional info:
From the trend of recent new keyboard models it's usually APAC then EU, and then finally NA. All should be relatively close apart (weeks), so when you see it released in APAC, you should expect it "soon" for major EU countries as well.

MisterEl
11-04-2016, 10:27 PM
As per company policy I can't state the exact date and it also differs by region. I can tell you it's extremely soon and APAC countries will likely get it first as HK and SG were among the first to carry the core version.

Additional info:
From the trend of recent new keyboard models it's usually APAC then EU, and then finally NA. All should be relatively close apart (weeks), so when you see it released in APAC, you should expect it "soon" for major EU countries as well.

Do you know long it will be after the "Core" version is out that the full version will be released?

maliciousken
11-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Do you know long it will be after the "Core" version is out that the full version will be released?

Yeah. I am interested to find out as well.

Please advise when we can expect the full version keyboard.

Leatjuhh
11-07-2016, 08:35 AM
I think most people would want to go for the regular version..

Actually I don't understand why you keep people waiting so long for a keyboard like this, and then finally when it's announced you tease us with a "lesser" version of it!

I personally think you lost a bunch of potential customers by announcing it such a long time ago.. (But I'm not part of your marketing dept. so I have no idea, seems logical tho)

Please give us information about the full version, Bahz!

Brighttail
11-07-2016, 06:11 PM
I have a friend who got a 'full' version of this. I'm not sure if it was a review version or he actually got it from the Far East from one of his many friends there. He is quite happy with it but in the end says while it looks great, there isn't anything overly special with it. He said that while it is 'neat' that the Aura software links with his motherboard, it doesn't link with his Spatha (yet). So he finds it weird to have a keyboard in sync with the motherboard but not his mouse. We both assume (hope) that there will be new software coming out that should hopefully link them all in one program, whether it be under the Armory or Aura.

He does miss having a wrist rest and I can't imagine why Asus wouldn't include at least one that would be optional if you wanted to attach it. The 10key reversible keypad is a cool feature but as a person who has gamed right handed with the keypad at times in the way, it is nice to be able to detach it when you don't need it, he says.

I agree with Leetjuhh that Asus may have shot themselves in the foot, announcing it so long ago, but I personally can't fault Asus for that. You announce concepts and assume that your R&D folks will iron out the wrinkles quickly and be able to launch a product within a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately it doesn't always work this way. The original Spatha and Claymore shown at the expos were really just shells with some LEDs, no software/hardware really was in them yet. They were more proof of concepts at the time. Sometimes it takes longer to get products out than anticipated and as Asus learned with the Spatha, releasing it too early can be more problematic than waiting.

FireFoxEnergy
11-08-2016, 04:53 PM
I wanted to buy the keyboard gk2000 and the mouse gx1000. But know i don't know if it's better to wait and buy this kb and the spatha. What would you guys suggest?

Brighttail
11-08-2016, 05:06 PM
I can only speak from personal experience on the mouse. I really love my Spatha. It is a big, hefty mouse. My wife says it is too big for her hand but I can palm mine with no issue. So if you like a lighter/smaller mouse, the Spatha isn't for you.

The keyboard I posted my friend's thoughts. I'm not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger on this one. I really do like my Corsair Lux RGB.

Brighttail
11-17-2016, 02:07 AM
I see the pre-orders for the CORE version (without the 10 key). It is almost like maybe Asus still hasn't gotten all the bugs out with the added 10 key pad yet. I'm not sure the market for a 10keyless keyboard but I'm fairly confident that it is much less than a full keyboard so this release doesn't make sense unless there is stock or actual issues with it.

Leatjuhh
11-17-2016, 10:07 AM
Good thing I'm still saving up before I buy all my components and peripherals, so I can "give" Asus more time to release this sexy keyboard. :p

Bahz
11-21-2016, 04:07 AM
I see the pre-orders for the CORE version (without the 10 key). It is almost like maybe Asus still hasn't gotten all the bugs out with the added 10 key pad yet. I'm not sure the market for a 10keyless keyboard but I'm fairly confident that it is much less than a full keyboard so this release doesn't make sense unless there is stock or actual issues with it.

It's because the Numpad has additional features related to the program, we're still working out the kinks but the full version is coming out extremely soon. As mentioned previously the schedule is Asia, EU, and then NA.

RYOKU-RAIJU
11-22-2016, 02:17 PM
Obviously the 10 key add on is coming, which is fine, i'd rather have a product come late, but work properly. My concern is that I don't see any images of an ISO version? All images seem to be ANSI. Is there, or will there be a UK version?

Raa
11-22-2016, 04:42 PM
Yesterday I received my factory sealed Claymore Core and I'm not 100% satisfied with the build quality/quality assurance of it:mad:. The spacebar keycap is scratched and the lightbar on the spacebar has some darker spots (doesn't come out that well on my pic, you can clearly see it on LORELYNFs review of it) I know these are minor things but for that money...Is there a way to get a replacement spacebar keycap cause I don't want to send the whole keyboard back...

Vlada011
11-24-2016, 01:41 AM
Jesus you looked with microscope. I barely can see from picture.
Claymore CORE is AWESOME keyboard.
Otherwise I'm fan on classic usually non backlight keyboards as Filco, Deck, WASD,... but this is interesting, it's attractive no doubt.
ASUS choose nice switches... Black for me are better than Red. Old most famous Cherry.
Maybe I would use these combination Black-Green-Clear-Brown but than people who used on Red and Blue could be confused.
I'm fan of Brown-Clear.Black is better for me than Red, Green is better than Blue.

Claymore CORE is usefull for G752 owners as well.
I could never used on laptop keyboard. But small TKL keyboard capable to fit in backpack, in nice bag.... PERFECT.

SirArnold
11-24-2016, 05:58 AM
Im Looking for this keyboard Two weeks from now no luck on finding it.

I look one shop online cost around 798 AED = $219 for the Core Version Only. :eek: sight Overpriced!

I'm tired of Roaming around and no chance of getting one. :(

Strickmabil
11-28-2016, 10:15 PM
Does anyone know how to clean up my Claymore memory? Reset it to default. I've lost the multicolor wave default mode since I've installed ROG Armoury (which I find a very poor application) and I cannot set it back since the Custom Effects Mode of the application just won't work. Any idea on how can I get back my Wave Multicolor mode.

Raa
11-29-2016, 07:27 PM
Does anyone know how to clean up my Claymore memory? Reset it to default. I've lost the multicolor wave default mode since I've installed ROG Armoury (which I find a very poor application) and I cannot set it back since the Custom Effects Mode of the application just won't work. Any idea on how can I get back my Wave Multicolor mode.

you simply have to choose the default profile for the claymore in the armory software and the wave multicolor is back;)

RYOKU-RAIJU
12-05-2016, 09:58 AM
Obviously the 10 key add on is coming, which is fine, i'd rather have a product come late, but work properly. My concern is that I don't see any images of an ISO version? All images seem to be ANSI. Is there, or will there be a UK version?

Anyone?

Vlada011
12-08-2016, 09:38 AM
I don't know why for people is so important keyboard Layout.
For my area usually is German or YU keyboard layout. But I used on Z not Y on bottom.
And for double shoot PBT keys only option was import from USA and only USA Layout,
because same model for other markets is ABS.

Detleg
12-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Yesterday I received my factory sealed Claymore Core and I'm not 100% satisfied with the build quality/quality assurance of it:mad:. The spacebar keycap is scratched and the lightbar on the spacebar has some darker spots (doesn't come out that well on my pic, you can clearly see it on LORELYNFs review of it) I know these are minor things but for that money...Is there a way to get a replacement spacebar keycap cause I don't want to send the whole keyboard back...

:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Seriously ?? Its a Laoptop Notebook pc or whatnot .....not a Ferrari, no offence but I bet you type on that one with gloves on correct?

maliciousken
12-08-2016, 04:06 PM
I managed to get the full version of the Claymore (with number pad) from a local retail store in Singapore at $295SGD.

According to the sales person, Asus is unlikely to release the numerical keypad as a separate purchase (please take this with a pinch of salt).

Only blue switches available. Unsure if there will be brown or red switches.

Will upload better pictures when I find time.

Leatjuhh
12-09-2016, 09:54 AM
I managed to get the full version of the Claymore (with number pad) from a local retail store in Singapore at $295SGD.

According to the sales person, Asus is unlikely to release the numerical keypad as a separate purchase (please take this with a pinch of salt).

[PICS]

I think I just came.. /s

In all seriousness, if Asia is selling it now, EU is only a matter of time!

Yay!

RYOKU-RAIJU
12-09-2016, 11:13 AM
I don't know why for people is so important keyboard Layout.
For my area usually is German or YU keyboard layout. But I used on Z not Y on bottom.
And for double shoot PBT keys only option was import from USA and only USA Layout,
because same model for other markets is ABS.

If people have keys already in a certain layout, it would make them useless if you then bought a keyboard in a new layout.
It's important to know. I can however confirm that on Ebuyer UK at least, the keyboard came in ISO. The images are incorrect.

Next question... Do we think you'd be able to use the Claymore Bond on both sides simultaneously? ;)

Bahz
12-15-2016, 09:26 AM
If people have keys already in a certain layout, it would make them useless if you then bought a keyboard in a new layout.
It's important to know. I can however confirm that on Ebuyer UK at least, the keyboard came in ISO. The images are incorrect.

Next question... Do we think you'd be able to use the Claymore Bond on both sides simultaneously? ;)

No I don't think so, because by default the keys are mapped to only one set of keys so if you connect two NUMPAD it should cause both NUMPAD to not work. The other outcome is that they both work or they both don't work, to be honest that's a good question and I should test it out. I'll get back to you on this once I test it out, I need to find another NUMPAD extension.

Bahz
12-15-2016, 09:56 AM

It's not true, it's not confirmed that the separate NUMPAD won't be sold separately, not sure where you heard that from.

Sam_12156
12-17-2016, 07:11 PM
In the US, specifically California I couldn't find this keyboard for sale anywhere online even on ebay but i just decided to check out the keyboards at a Fry's and they had a whole stack of them. I asked an employee when they got them figuring that i just got lucky and arrived when they just stocked it but he said they had it for almost a month now. It's just the core version.

Brighttail
12-18-2016, 08:43 PM
In Canada, Staples of all places has the Core now.

DaKon
12-23-2016, 03:15 AM
Well said I wasn't going to do it. But saw it on Amazon, and it will be here on the 27th. Core with brown switches. $159

santz76
12-25-2016, 08:02 AM
Well said I wasn't going to do it. But saw it on Amazon, and it will be here on the 27th. Core with brown switches. $159 Ya had mine on pre order but decided to cancel and wait for non core version with cherry reds hopefully it wont be to long here in the US, but it would have been nice to have before Christmas!!!

Slick8791
12-27-2016, 05:35 PM
Well said I wasn't going to do it. But saw it on Amazon, and it will be here on the 27th. Core with brown switches. $159

I'm a little confused on the optional color switches (cherry vs brown). Can you provide any specific details (or picture) as to what they are talking about?

DaKon
12-27-2016, 10:35 PM
I'm a little confused on the optional color switches (cherry vs brown). Can you provide any specific details (or picture) as to what they are talking about?

I would just google cherry mx switch, and you will have a lot of great articles to read. They use colors to denote the switch type and the force required to actuate.

fram00
12-28-2016, 05:22 AM
Hello all,
I have been waiting to get this board since i read about it online a while back. The other day i went to my local Fry's and to my surprise they had the Core version on the self. I was so excited i grabbed one and promptly paid for it and headed home. No looking around this day. I got home and opened up the box. The keyboard was in a black velvety bag. The keyboard is beautiful! Solid. Great looking design. I plugged it in and started to use it. In my excitement i thought i was typing things wrong, but as it turns out some of the keys were not responding at all on some if not most of the key strokes or would respond with multiple characters on each keystroke. I decided to test it in Notepad by hitting each key 10 times to see how they responded. About 20% of the keys responded poorly. IE - the # 1 key showed 10 ones on the screen. One for each press of the key. This is good. # 2 key. Showed 8 twos on the screen in ten presses. # 3 key showed 12 threes in ten presses. I did this for all the keys with letters and many didn't respond well. I though that maybe they needed to be "broken in" by constant pressing of these "bad" keys and although it seemed to work at first it was not consistent. This is horrible considering it's a gaming keyboard that boasts fast response and that it's $160.
I returned the keyboard that same day and asked for an exchange for another new one. ( there were three boxes on the shelve when i initially saw them ) I got another one and asked them to "test" it before i took possession. That keyboard did the same thing as the one I had did. They marked them both "return to vendor". I knew that there was one left on the shelf, but i was so disappointed that pissed off that i opted to just get my money back. Maybe these were a bad batch? Maybe they were released too early and not tested very well? Either way for a $160 keyboard that my $20 cheap Azio would beat in performance that is unacceptable!
Not to mention wasting gas to drive there and back twice at 10 miles each way! What a waste. On a good note let me say that the lights on the keyboard were stunning! I can't pin point it, but it was better than any other lighting system on any RGB keyboard that i have seen. I think that i will wait for a while to get this keyboard again maybe wait until the one with the number pad is released. Then again maybe go with a Corsair one instead. Never had a problem with those yet.
It just sicks cuz i really wanted that keyboard and it did look amazing! With or without the lights on.

santz76
12-28-2016, 09:33 AM
Hello all,
I have been waiting to get this board since i read about it online a while back. The other day i went to my local Fry's and to my surprise they had the Core version on the self. I was so excited i grabbed one and promptly paid for it and headed home. No looking around this day. I got home and opened up the box. The keyboard was in a black velvety bag. The keyboard is beautiful! Solid. Great looking design. I plugged it in and started to use it. In my excitement i thought i was typing things wrong, but as it turns out some of the keys were not responding at all on some if not most of the key strokes or would respond with multiple characters on each keystroke. I decided to test it in Notepad by hitting each key 10 times to see how they responded. About 20% of the keys responded poorly. IE - the # 1 key showed 10 ones on the screen. One for each press of the key. This is good. # 2 key. Showed 8 twos on the screen in ten presses. # 3 key showed 12 threes in ten presses. I did this for all the keys with letters and many didn't respond well. I though that maybe they needed to be "broken in" by constant pressing of these "bad" keys and although it seemed to work at first it was not consistent. This is horrible considering it's a gaming keyboard that boasts fast response and that it's $160.
I returned the keyboard that same day and asked for an exchange for another new one. ( there were three boxes on the shelve when i initially saw them ) I got another one and asked them to "test" it before i took possession. That keyboard did the same thing as the one I had did. They marked them both "return to vendor". I knew that there was one left on the shelf, but i was so disappointed that pissed off that i opted to just get my money back. Maybe these were a bad batch? Maybe they were released too early and not tested very well? Either way for a $160 keyboard that my $20 cheap Azio would beat in performance that is unacceptable!
Not to mention wasting gas to drive there and back twice at 10 miles each way! What a waste. On a good note let me say that the lights on the keyboard were stunning! I can't pin point it, but it was better than any other lighting system on any RGB keyboard that i have seen. I think that i will wait for a while to get this keyboard again maybe wait until the one with the number pad is released. Then again maybe go with a Corsair one instead. Never had a problem with those yet.
It just sicks cuz i really wanted that keyboard and it did look amazing! With or without the lights on.

Yup, exactly why I always wait for 2nd or 3rd batch to release lol. but in this case I am wating for the claymore not the core version.

DaKon
12-30-2016, 02:08 PM
Well I have had mine several days now. It is working great. Very good build quality, design, and lighting. Overall, to me it was worth the years wait.

Brighttail
12-30-2016, 10:51 PM
Still no wrist rest? I would love to contemplate trying this keyboard but seriously, no wrist rest? What gaming keyboard doesn't have one of these things? Yes you can buy a gel one but I'm looking for something with the Aztec motif that goes awesomely with the keyboard, hell put RGB lighting on it too if you want, just why for the love of (insert Diety or exploitative) is the wrist rest??? Was the $5 part (okay $10 with the Aztec motif) too much after the 10 key pad? What about the Core version where is it there? :(

JimGamer
12-31-2016, 10:40 AM
Question , are there already color profiles available for the Claymore ?
I have the Claymore for 2 weeks now and its stunning really amazing.

Toekneee!
01-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Just picked this board up from Fry's with brown switches. I've been playing CSGO on it and it's great. Went from Corsair strafe to Black widow X tournament to the ROG Claymore and couldn't be happier. Solid keyboard.

reborn010
01-03-2017, 05:52 AM
I got my Claymore with cherry mx red 2 days ago. First everything was ok but the I started looking how to use the keyboard's features. I also own a Maximus VIII Hero so I tried the cool stuff which includes connecting the board to the Keybot USB port on my mobo to be able to start the pc from the keyboard, boot directly into BIOS and such. I noticed that if I connect the board to the Keybot port, the board wouldnt show up on the Armoury software. This means I could use the Keybot feature but I could not set up the lighting and such. The problem goes away when I connect it to a normal USB port (but in that way I cant use keybot features). Anyone having the same trouble? Thanks in advance!

donz04
01-04-2017, 03:06 AM

U can setting in software Armoury, lighting set custom, i do success.

Brighttail
01-04-2017, 03:28 AM
Holy Sh*T. I just checked the computer store here in Canada and the Claymore Core is at $234 CAD and the regular Claymore at $349??

Rewerend
01-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Hi there I found some weird stuff in the armoury software. Maybe I didn't catch idea with that software but I expect when I set some custom buttons, (not in the program just in Windows) to make program shortcut it will stay set until I didn't change, but armoury works different it will stay only until restart. Is that a correct function? For me I prefer to set individually anything, depending on launched program or what I set up.
Is there a way how to set some buttons function I the whole Windows environment? I think you cam add this function because many people wants to run some apps just by hit to shortcut (music app for example), and then we can use multimedia buttons (stop,play,forward,backward etc).
Next question number of 5 profiles for programs is fixed in the armoury software? No chance to add more profile?

TKWizard
01-04-2017, 07:41 PM
Holy Sh*T. I just checked the computer store here in Canada and the Claymore Core is at $234 CAD and the regular Claymore at $349??QQ our dollar sucks.. Would love to have that keyboard as well.

Brighttail
01-04-2017, 08:07 PM
QQ our dollar sucks.. Would love to have that keyboard as well.

Our dollar sux too but not that much. Just people trying to make a buck until Canada gets more stock. :(

I expect the Claymore to be about as much as the Corsair Lux

Huntaz
01-08-2017, 11:52 AM
I got my Claymore with cherry mx red 2 days ago. First everything was ok but the I started looking how to use the keyboard's features. I also own a Maximus VIII Hero so I tried the cool stuff which includes connecting the board to the Keybot USB port on my mobo to be able to start the pc from the keyboard, boot directly into BIOS and such. I noticed that if I connect the board to the Keybot port, the board wouldnt show up on the Armoury software. This means I could use the Keybot feature but I could not set up the lighting and such. The problem goes away when I connect it to a normal USB port (but in that way I cant use keybot features). Anyone having the same trouble? Thanks in advance!

Got the same problem. Also have the problem with keybot features like start from s5 sleep is totally not working... which was one of the main reasons for buying this keyboard.... hope this is an software issue they're going to fix soon. I don't need the armory but I really want keybot to work :(*

reborn010
01-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Got the same problem. Also have the problem with keybot features like start from s5 sleep is totally not working... which was one of the main reasons for buying this keyboard.... hope this is an software issue they're going to fix soon. I don't need the armory but I really want keybot to work :(*

If you connect the keyboard to the Keybot usb port the Keybot fuctions should work but you will no longer be able to access the keyboard on Armoury. We should be able to have all the features both Keybot and Armoury. Everyday that I start up my pc I check for updates on software and firmware, no luck for now.

Huntaz
01-08-2017, 05:44 PM
If you connect the keyboard to the Keybot usb port the Keybot fuctions should work but you will no longer be able to access the keyboard on Armoury. We should be able to have all the features both Keybot and Armoury. Everyday that I start up my pc I check for updates on software and firmware, no luck for now.

I got at Formula VIII and i connected the keyboard to the right usb port (One below ps/2 port). But it doesn't work even though i have gone through all recommended settings. For example setting Erp to S5 and such.*

phanner
01-08-2017, 09:44 PM
What is the word on the model with the number pad? I can't find much online and it seems like it just keeps getting delayed and delayed.

I saw the post above where it was said they are working out kinks. Has anyone heard anything else?

Brighttail
01-09-2017, 01:57 AM
Any word on if they will ever add an aftermarket wrist rest?

Huntaz
01-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Any word on if they will ever add an aftermarket wrist rest?

This would be lovely but the cynic in me sees this in the next iteration.

Brighttail
01-09-2017, 07:07 PM
This would be lovely but the cynic in me sees this in the next iteration.

Which will either come out 4 years from now or in 1 year as the "deluxe or platinum" version and cost $80 more? :D

santz76
01-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Which will either come out 4 years from now or in 1 year as the "deluxe or platinum" version and cost $80 more? :D At this point I just want the 100% Claymore to release in the US, anybody have any info on a release date ?*

Huntaz
01-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Which will either come out 4 years from now or in 1 year as the "deluxe or platinum" version and cost $80 more? :D

hehe. Seen that before. But since they seem to have trouble shipping the different versions maybe the focus is on that now.

jmike
01-13-2017, 02:25 AM
Asus is beginning to remind me of Jaguar in that they make some amazing prototypes to show off what they can do. Then when it comes to sales time Jags either fail to deliver features or you must get on a waiting list because interest dwindled.

It's a premium product so I'm not complaining that the numpad needs to be purchased separately on a ~$160 keyboard which when bundled will likely push the price around ~$220. I don't want to hear Asus say "Availability is limited because of a lack of interest". $220 for a mech with no wrist rest? No thank you.

FireFoxEnergy
01-13-2017, 11:59 PM
I received the keyboard (full version), few days ago and it doesn t work correctly at all while I'm playing games.

When I do other stuff, it seems ok, but when I play some games (watch dogs and witcher 3)

If I keep holding a key (for example WASD to move the character or other letters that need to be pressed and holded to do something), the keyboard goes crazy...the character doesn't move smoothly, it's looks like i'm typing the key repeatedly.

Has anyone else got the same problems? (armoury is installed and the firmwares are updated)

Shooshi0127
01-14-2017, 12:18 PM
I received the keyboard (full version), few days ago and it doesn t work correctly at all while I'm playing games.

When I do other stuff, it seems ok, but when I play some games (watch dogs and witcher 3)

If I keep holding a key (for example WASD to move the character or other letters that need to be pressed and holded to do something), the keyboard goes crazy...the character doesn't move smoothly, it's looks like i'm typing the key repeatedly.

Has anyone else got the same problems? (armoury is installed and the firmwares are updated)
This has happen to me on claymore core I got from Fry's. I found about 5-6 keys that would not work if I was typing too fast. The spacebar also had the problem where it would only work if you press directly in the middle. I exchanged it for a new one and everything is working like it should be. You most likely got one a faulty one.

FireFoxEnergy
01-14-2017, 12:37 PM
This has happen to me on claymore core I got from Fry's. I found about 5-6 keys that would not work if I was typing too fast. The spacebar also had the problem where it would only work if you press directly in the middle. I exchanged it for a new one and everything is working like it should be. You most likely got one a faulty one.

this is really annoying...before the gtx1070 with the micron memory, this keyboard now....after I spend so much, this problem shouldn't happen and Asus should care more about its products and customers.

Also, Now I have to pay to send the keyboard back to the seller...

FireFoxEnergy
01-14-2017, 10:05 PM

Did you try them (the new or the old one) with some games? any problem?

Shooshi0127
01-14-2017, 11:56 PM
Did you try them (the new or the old one) with some games? any problem?
The old one I had problems just typing in notepad so I exchanged it right away. The new one I've need using for about 2 weeks now and everything is working like it should. I've played CS Go, Overwatch, starcraft 2 and the keyboard works in all cases.

Does anyone know if buying the 100% will be the same price as buying 80% (Core) and then buying the numpad(20%)? I'm contemplating whether I should return the core and wait for the 100%...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

kcmcc
01-19-2017, 04:15 AM

Same exact thing happened to me at Fry's. Key issues all over the place.. They wouldn't register, then they would, some not at all.
Returned it the next day, didn't exchange. Might as well wait for the full version as it felt so tiny under my giant hands.. Build quality seemed great, aside from the keys feeling pretty cheap. I know they're supposed to come off, but these literally pulled off with zero force. The plastic felt pretty thin, too.

This may be the 10th time I've said this, but I'm done with Fry's!!! Why can't microcenter be closer!?!

Brighttail
01-22-2017, 04:09 AM
Just found these available in Canada. The Claymore Core is going for $199 CAD. The Claymore is $339?????? Holy crap. That is a very expensive 10 digit keypad. $140??

dex006
01-22-2017, 02:43 PM
Just found these available in Canada. The Claymore Core is going for $199 CAD. The Claymore is $339?????? Holy crap. That is a very expensive 10 digit keypad. $140??

I don't think the full version have yet been release in North America so i'm guessing whoever selling it are significantly boosting the price of their stocks until more units start appearing on the market. I really cannot imagine it otherwise...

g_rowell
01-24-2017, 10:16 AM
Well ladies and gentlemen, Im avid ROG fan but sadly the clay-more as burnt me again.
Back when the clay-more core first got released in to Australia I decide to get the Core thinking everything was OK.
"Hey a year and a half development should be mostly sorted by the time we get it right
so I went out and got a clay-more core MX blue, serial number 000299 (clearly one of the first). I noticed keyboard is never detected as a clay-more in the software believes it's a generic keyboard, for this reason I could not do a firmware update on the keyboard to get lights to sync with my Spatha. Then I also noticed When I plug the keyboard in the computer it was not detected and I must shutdown and restart just to direct it as a generic keyboard even and it's connected to the USB port so I returned that to the shop.

Then had to wait 6 weeks for the problem to be verified a new one as they refused to give me replacement on the spot at the shop
Now they have refunded for my purchase so decide to pull the trigger again this time getting a full Clay-more not core
so now I have a Clay-more and bugger me its faulty as well this time with the same fault a as everyone has reported some keys not working and even the num-pad needing to be beaten to work

as an example here's what happens the I use the num-pad 013678+-/ and its entirely random 134678+-*/

OMGDrAcula
01-26-2017, 02:30 AM
I have the core and damn it is a good keyboard but it seems to have issues. Personally mine after X hours of use will start to for a split second lose connection. Last key I pressed gets stuck. Like the USB powers off and on rapidly every 15 20 seconds. Here is a gif of what happens.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AnotherGrizzledIndigowingedparrot-size_restricted.gif

At first I thought it might be my maximus VIII, but after putting my mouse in that port and my old k70 in that port neither had issues.

Don't get me wrong. Besides that I love the board. The colors are bright. The build quality is easily top level and better than corsair. But it is not without faults.

Hilariously issue began as I was typing this.

g_rowell
01-26-2017, 11:23 AM

Brighttail
01-26-2017, 11:39 AM
I still for the life of me can't understand why there is no wrist rest.

MisterEl
01-26-2017, 07:35 PM
I've noticed the full versions popping up on Amazon (US) for $249.99 as well as on Newegg, but each of them listed as "Out of Stock" for now.

What I haven't noticed is the Claymore Bond (10-key numeric keypad). It has previously been mentioned that we could purchase it separately to go with the "Core". If the full versions are popping up for sale, shouldn't the "Bond" be as well?

Looking forward to buying that to add to my Claymore Core which has, so far, been working flawlessly!

Also, out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Cherry MX Blue or Black versions aren't available in the US? I've only seen Red and Brown.

g_rowell
01-26-2017, 09:06 PM
I've noticed the full versions popping up on Amazon (US) for $249.99 as well as on Newegg, but each of them listed as "Out of Stock" for now.

What I haven't noticed is the Claymore Bond (10-key numeric keypad). It has previously been mentioned that we could purchase it separately to go with the "Core". If the full versions are popping up for sale, shouldn't the "Bond" be as well?

Looking forward to buying that to add to my Claymore Core which has, so far, been working flawlessly!

Also, out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Cherry MX Blue or Black versions aren't available in the US? I've only seen Red and Brown.

it's interesting that you say only Blue and black in the US, in Australia so far they have only released Blue and Red blue was the first one they released http://computers.scorptec.com.au/search?w=Claymore
http://search.pccasegear.com/search#w=claymore

OMGDrAcula
01-27-2017, 07:41 PM
it's interesting that you say only Blue and black in the US, in Australia so far they have only released Blue and Red blue was the first one they released http://computers.scorptec.com.au/search?w=Claymore

I got browns from Frys electronics

MisterEl
01-27-2017, 09:59 PM
I got browns from Frys electronics

Yeah, I meant only Red and Brown seem to be available in the US, but Blue and Black don't. I got a Red version on Amazon.

MisterEl
01-27-2017, 10:01 PM

It looks like the first site has the Claymore Bond available for pre-order as well. Hopefully, they start popping up here in the US too.

nRoof
02-01-2017, 07:58 AM
Can this keyboard work when connected to Android tablet / phone using USB-OTG adapter (provided that the Android device supports other keyboards via USB On-The-Go)?

Shooshi0127
02-01-2017, 10:26 AM
I just returned mine and ordered the full size from Amazon. I can already see Asus charging more for the num pad separately as opposed to buying the 100% version. It looks like b&h photo also has it and shows available date as of 2/20.

santz76
02-01-2017, 11:04 PM
I just returned mine and ordered the full size from Amazon. I can already see Asus charging more for the num pad separately as opposed to buying the 100% version. It looks like b&h photo also has it and shows available date as of 2/20. pre ordered on Jan 19th mine arrives on the 7th, but Amazon has the 100% in stock on Feb 8th *

Shooshi0127
02-02-2017, 12:21 AM
pre ordered on Jan 19th mine arrives on the 7th, but Amazon has the 100% in stock on Feb 8th *
Ohh I just looked at it. Did you order the mx brown? The mx reds don't seem to have a in stock date... I wonder if I should give the browns a try since I've always used reds in the past.

santz76
02-06-2017, 04:03 AM
Ohh I just looked at it. Did you order the mx brown? The mx reds don't seem to have a in stock date... I wonder if I should give the browns a try since I've always used reds in the past.

sorry for late reply, but I was the same always preferred reds but got tired of the mistakes typing. Then I tried Browns and I believe they are a perfect fit for gaming and typing, and I have been using reds for years. So yes lol I ordered browns and gets here tomorrow the 6th.

MisterEl
02-07-2017, 01:27 AM
Does anyone know when we can expect the Claymore Bond (keypad) to be available in the US?

g_rowell
02-10-2017, 08:06 AM
Well finally Im now on my third ROG claymore, and this one seems really good.

The only issue I have found so far is during custom lighting effects it seems to get confused
occasionally. As it starts to flash the LED's fast rather than a soft fade in and out and I'm sure that is
fixable with software of even firmware.

FireFoxEnergy
02-11-2017, 11:40 AM
the claymore full keyboard seemed to work fine for a couple of weeks, but now i have got the same problems I had at the beginning.

It's really strange...for few days, every single key I pressed gave a sequence of 20 or more of the same letter, example:

a = aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

g = gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

p = pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Now, it works absolutely fine (I'm using the claymore to write this message)

but when I play games, when i need to keep pressed a key (opening a radial menu, moving the character, driving, etc...) it looks like i'm pressing it rapidly, making the game unplayable.

I have updated the firmware/software with armoury, i tried to use the keyboard without this software and plugging it into different usb port, but I really don't know what to do, nothing change...it's really frustrating now.

I apoligise for my english

JustinThyme
02-12-2017, 04:04 AM
I just got the core. I procrastinated over the numpad for a long time then the final decision was the fact that the num pad on my previous keyboard was squeaky clean from non use. I already have a Logitech G13 that I use for my left hand and Im quite comfortable with it. Don't need a numpad and wasn't paying $90 more for one.

Uzerk
02-12-2017, 12:07 PM
the claymore full keyboard seemed to work fine for a couple of weeks, but now i have got the same problems I had at the beginning.

It's really strange...for few days, every single key I pressed gave a sequence of 20 or more of the same letter, example:

a = aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

g = gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

p = pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Now, it works absolutely fine (I'm using the claymore to write this message)

but when I play games, when i need to keep pressed a key (opening a radial menu, moving the character, driving, etc...) it looks like i'm pressing it rapidly, making the game unplayable.

I have updated the firmware/software with armoury, i tried to use the keyboard without this software and plugging it into different usb port, but I really don't know what to do, nothing change...it's really frustrating now.

I apoligise for my english

I got my Claymore this Friday, and it was working like a charm until I fired up my first game and I got the same "stutter" that you are talking about.
And after a few pulled out hairs, I got my answer...

Press Fn+F1 (that x1 button) ;)
I'm guessing you probably have it set at x4 or even x8 now, but once again just press Fn+F1. :cool:

FireFoxEnergy
02-12-2017, 05:41 PM
I got my Claymore this Friday, and it was working like a charm until I fired up my first game and I got the same "stutter" that you are talking about.
And after a few pulled out hairs, I got my answer...

Press Fn+F1 (that x1 button) ;)
I'm guessing you probably have it set at x4 or even x8 now, but once again just press Fn+F1. :cool:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That was the problem! I was getting mad

Uzerk
02-12-2017, 06:23 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That was the problem! I was getting mad

No problem!
Yeah I know the feeling, first you get frustrated and mad at the product.
And then at your self for missing such an moronic thing like this :D

But on the other hand, there really should be some sort of indicator in the software on what functions are active on the keyboard.
So lets hope that there will be some awesome updates to the Armoury in the near future ;)

Slategrey252
02-15-2017, 12:34 PM
I love the look and feel of this keyboard honestly its a delight.

What I'm not overly fond of is the lack of documentation, hence my appearance here cap in hand for a bit of help.

I see keys that say cpu oc, ram oc rog synch.

How do I get them to do anything?

My MB is Rampage V edition 10

Any help would be appreciated.

JustinThyme
02-15-2017, 01:40 PM
I love the look and feel of this keyboard honestly its a delight.

What I'm not overly fond of is the lack of documentation, hence my appearance here cap in hand for a bit of help.

I see keys that say cpu oc, ram oc rog synch.

How do I get them to do anything?

My MB is Rampage V edition 10

Any help would be appreciated.

Havent tried the keys yet but first things first, you must have a mobo that supports it and you must have the keyboard plugged into the Keybot USB port on said mobo. The software for keybot is available for download from your mobo support page. It can do a lot more than whats shown on the keys.

https://rog.asus.com/tag/keybot-software/

WLiao-`
02-16-2017, 02:32 PM
I'm having keystrokes issue with this keyboard similar to what many have experienced from this post. I would like to share my findings and hopefully the people at ROG can fix this.

Out of the box and at first plug in, I immediately have unresponsive keys and chattering. I then downloaded the software and updated the firmware but the issue persisted. I then tested on different ports and on different pcs all giving the same results. Switch back to my old keyboard and there was no issues. Contacted asus support and they tell me to 'download software for claymore core' despite me already stated it was claymore. I corrected them and repeated all the issues I have and they replied me with a link to download software for claymore. I gave up. I returned it for another brand new one and the problem still persisted.

I therefore concluded that it is a firmware issue.

I tested it by using a program called 'Switch Hitter' which detects keystrokes and chattering issues. I'm using the latest firmware as of this date.
Software: 1.01.27
Keyboard: 1.06.00
Numpad: 1.01.00

As expected, I've detected many chattering and unresponsive keys. I then recorded a macro for keypresses for all the problematic keys and set it onto a working key. I use the marco in combination with the Switch Hitter app to see if it is a firmware issue(the app detects as keypresses because the firmware is pushing it). Hold and behold, despite using a macro, Switch Hitter detected chattering keys.

To further confirm my suspicion, I then identify a key that is consistently problematic (num lock in my case). Using the rog software, I reload the keyboard by saving (Claymore uses hardware playback so every time you save, it has to push it to the keyboard). On my fourth attempt, my num lock now works 100%. (-_-")

Also, saving macros on numpad keys doesn't work most of the time. I tried setting a macro on numpad key 5 and only manage to get it on my 7th try. Now, I can't change it back. lol

Can you guys also test this out to confirm this? I've also saw 2 other people who bought the keyboard having the same issue from the place I bought it from.

Shooshi0127
02-17-2017, 01:31 AM
I'm on my 3rd cherry mx brown version of the claymore. All of them seem to be having similar problems. Either the keys are unresponsive unless you really force the press or they are chattering (hitting twice) on a single press. I've notice that I can get the keys to respond better if i rapidly press that key for a good minute. Almost like breaking it in. Still haven't found a fix for the chattering keys. Mine is "i" and "p". I'm very close to returning and going with a corsair k65 or a razer blackwidow te

Bahz
02-17-2017, 02:58 AM
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, I'll pass along all the feedback to our peripheral team. I had a few retail version keyboards here and I played around with 2 of them and I didn't notice the chattering or unresponsive keys. Nonetheless, the QC part needs to be improved and I'll definitely get them to highlight these issues.

I recommend that if you're experiencing any of the issues mentioned in this thread which don't have an actual solution to return it for replacement as it shouldn't be having any of these issues.

We're also trying to improve our Armoury software as currently there are some bugs that we narrowing down on. It's always best to download the latest software version directly from the website as the older Armoury versions had issues when updating to the latest version from within the software.

reborn010
02-17-2017, 06:31 AM
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, I'll pass along all the feedback to our peripheral team. I had a few retail version keyboards here and I played around with 2 of them and I didn't notice the chattering or unresponsive keys. Nonetheless, the QC part needs to be improved and I'll definitely get them to highlight these issues.

I recommend that if you're experiencing any of the issues mentioned in this thread which don't have an actual solution to return it for replacement as it shouldn't be having any of these issues.

We're also trying to improve our Armoury software as currently there are some bugs that we narrowing down on. It's always best to download the latest software version directly from the website as the older Armoury versions had issues when updating to the latest version from within the software.

Too bad for me that I live in Greece and bought the keyboard from the UKs because I couldn't wait for it to be released in Greece... Incase I return it, it will take ages for the new one to arrive. >.<

Slick8791
02-17-2017, 01:11 PM
Problem: I have a new Claymore-Brown keyboard with the latest version of Armory installed. The software shows the keyboard icon in the lower left corner, but I can't see any profiles or settings in the menus. Also, the keyboard is getting power but does not work for typing. Unplugging the keyboard and reinstalling the software does not help. Also, my ROG Gladius mouse is connected and works fine with the Armory software.

Background: I originally purchased a new Claymore-Red directly from Amazon. It worked fine and did update the firmware when it was first connected. I returned the RED version in exchange for a new BROWN version. I did not uninstall the Armory software before I connected the BROWN keyboard. It did not notify me of a firmware update like the RED one did. I've also noticed that the lights only come on for the keyboard at first, but not the 10-key bond. After a few minutes, the keypad will then light up but does not work.

SOLVED: I was able to get this to work by removing and uninstalling everything. I then connected the old keyboard and rebooted. That must have reset something because I was then able to connect the mouse and new keyboard, install the software and it then updated the firmware. It seems to be working fine but I do get the occasional repeated keys with S and T.

Uzerk
02-17-2017, 07:13 PM

About that, why don't you guys have a software section on your site. Say I want to download the latest version of ROG Armoury.
If I go to ROG Claymore Core > Support > Driver & Tools, it says that 1.01.21 is the latest.
If I check the same list on ROG Claymore, there we have 1.01.27.
And on your new Mice, ROG Gladius II we have 1.01.29....

Can we please have a software section so we don't have to hunt down the latest software version. :)

And yes, before I installed 1.01.29 I was on 1.01.27 and checked from inside the Armoury software for an update.

edit: Yeah I know that the only difference on these versions probably is hardware support, but still. :)

Slick8791
02-18-2017, 01:37 PM
I'm on my 3rd cherry mx brown version of the claymore. All of them seem to be having similar problems. Either the keys are unresponsive unless you really force the press or they are chattering (hitting twice) on a single press. I've notice that I can get the keys to respond better if i rapidly press that key for a good minute. Almost like breaking it in. Still haven't found a fix for the chattering keys. Mine is "i" and "p". I'm very close to returning and going with a corsair k65 or a razer blackwidow te

Same experience with my Brown Claymore. *"S" and "T" chatter but the "7" and "+" on the number pad was totally unresponsive. But, they started to work after I kept pressing the keys down repeatedly for a few minutes. *

Now I'm totally confused if I should exchange it for a new one or hold out for a firmware update...?*

WLiao-`
02-18-2017, 02:07 PM
Same experience with my Brown Claymore. *"S" and "T" chatter but the "7" and "+" on the number pad was totally unresponsive. But, they started to work after I kept pressing the keys down repeatedly for a few minutes. *

Now I'm totally confused if I should exchange it for a new one or hold out for a firmware update...?*

I've exchanged it for a brand new one and still have the same problem. At this point, it's pretty much confirmed to be a firmware issue. If it's the case, exchanging it is just a waste of time as you'll still get the same problem. Right now, the temporary solution that works for me for the unresponsive keys is to try to keep reloading the keyboard via the rog armoury software (just click the save button, then try the unresponsive keys again). Another way is switch profile.

It solves some unresponsive keys for me, though not all of it. Also, after a few days of use, the chattering keys are getting lesser. Not sure why, hopefully it gets better as the days pass. You can go back a page where I posted a more detailed findings about the problems of this keyboard.

Slick8791
02-18-2017, 02:17 PM
I've exchanged it for a brand new one and still have the same problem. At this point, it's pretty much confirmed to be a firmware issue. If it's the case, exchanging it is just a waste of time as you'll still get the same problem. Right now, the temporary solution that works for me for the unresponsive keys is to try to keep reloading the keyboard via the rog armoury software (just click the save button, then try the unresponsive keys again). Another way is switch profile.

It solves some unresponsive keys for me, though not all of it. Also, after a few days of use, the chattering keys are getting lesser. Not sure why, hopefully it gets better as the days pass. You can go back a page where I posted a more detailed findings about the problems of this keyboard.

Thanks for the feedback as I really didn't want to do an exchange again. *That helped ease my mind that at least the hardware wasn't defective.

Shooshi0127
02-18-2017, 05:44 PM
It's been a crazy ride everyone! But I can't convince myself at this point to keep this keyboard knowing that I paid 250 and having this many problems. I bought a k70 rgb for 130 and it was smooth sailing right from the start. Thank you for everyone's feedback. At least I knew I wasn't alone in all of this.

Brighttail
02-18-2017, 08:59 PM
Well the Claymore and Claymore Core has come to Canada.
The Core is $233.61
The Claymore is $352.36.

Seriously? I thought maybe a misprint or a place holder but nope the price listed above was the cheaper of the three and you can pre-order it.
The Corsair K95 Platinum is $259!
So I'm trying to figure out what makes this keyboard so worth the price tag?

Slick8791
02-18-2017, 11:08 PM
It's been a crazy ride everyone! But I can't convince myself at this point to keep this keyboard knowing that I paid 250 and having this many problems. I bought a k70 rgb for 130 and it was smooth sailing right from the start. Thank you for everyone's feedback. At least I knew I wasn't alone in all of this.

I completely understand! *I was fortunate to have gathered $200 worth of Amazon.com gift cards from Christmas. *That's the only reason I made the purchase. *No way I would have paid $250 USD for something this buggy.

Bahz
02-20-2017, 01:26 AM
We apologize for all the inconveniences caused, we're working on fixing up all the issues as soon as possible. The Claymore is a very important product for us and we're working as quickly as we can to make sure we address all the issues experienced as soon as possible. We believe with all the amazing feedback from our community we'll be able to work towards improving our products and developing even better products in the future.

We want to become the best but it's a learning process for us as we didn't start out with peripheral products but it's a goal for us to try and become the best peripheral manufacturer.

Bahz
02-20-2017, 01:35 AM
About that, why don't you guys have a software section on your site. Say I want to download the latest version of ROG Armoury.
If I go to ROG Claymore Core > Support > Driver & Tools, it says that 1.01.21 is the latest.
If I check the same list on ROG Claymore, there we have 1.01.27.
And on your new Mice, ROG Gladius II we have 1.01.29....

Can we please have a software section so we don't have to hunt down the latest software version. :)

And yes, before I installed 1.01.29 I was on 1.01.27 and checked from inside the Armoury software for an update.

edit: Yeah I know that the only difference on these versions probably is hardware support, but still. :)

For 1.01.29, it only has updates for Spatha and for Claymore it's the same if you download 1.01.27. Why we're asking users to download and install manually as we found there's a bug with older versions of the software, even if the software was able to successfully update to the latest, it would be updated incorrectly which would cause some issues.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the software section, I'll pass this along to our website team.

Brighttail
02-20-2017, 04:21 AM
For 1.01.29, it only has updates for Spatha and for Claymore it's the same if you download 1.01.27. Why we're asking users to download and install manually as we found there's a bug with older versions of the software, even if the software was able to successfully update to the latest, it would be updated incorrectly which would cause some issues.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the software section, I'll pass this along to our website team.

I'm consuded Should we be using old or new stock on the Assu claymore and spatha?

JustinThyme
02-20-2017, 08:58 AM
Im confused too! I did see another user post where their spatha firmware would not update correctly until loading what I thought was the latest being 1.01.27 on the claymore page (not core or spatha as they have two different older versions)
@Bahz, this does get confusing and its not limited to Armory software.
Intel chipset drivers, bios revisions that we have spoken about before and just a miriad of other drivers and software throughout the product line.
Whoever is responsible for the website needs to be both better organized and more descriptive with notes and change logs.
The worst part of all of this is those who come here to be more well informed of such things represents a very small portion of total consumers buying ASUS products. The larger portion just gets disgusted and it leaves a sour taste in their mouth.

Bahz
02-20-2017, 09:49 AM
For all of those who are having any physical issues with your keyboards (chattering keys etc.), please PM me with the following information:

Full name:
Full Address with ZIP:
Phone #:
Product Serial Number:

We'll personally test out brand new units here to make sure it's 100% perfect before we ship it directly to you. Our peripheral team has already sent the information over to our QC team to look into these issues ASAP.

Again I apologize for the inconveniences caused and we hope to rectify all issues as soon as possible.

Bahz
02-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Im confused too! I did see another user post where their spatha firmware would not update correctly until loading what I thought was the latest being 1.01.27 on the claymore page (not core or spatha as they have two different older versions)
@Bahz, this does get confusing and its not limited to Armory software.
Intel chipset drivers, bios revisions that we have spoken about before and just a miriad of other drivers and software throughout the product line.
Whoever is responsible for the website needs to be both better organized and more descriptive with notes and change logs.
The worst part of all of this is those who come here to be more well informed of such things represents a very small portion of total consumers buying ASUS products. The larger portion just gets disgusted and it leaves a sour taste in their mouth.

Yes, we're aware it's quite confusing for users since there are so many different versions of the Armoury, we've collected back the feedback and will make adjustments in the near future to make it less confusing for our users. For all other software we already provided back similar feedback and it will take some time to adjust but actually internally there is already a plan in place to improve on the confusions with BIOS, software versions and among other similar complaints.

WLiao-`
02-24-2017, 09:58 AM
I decided to record some of the problems I've here. This is for a more of me showing the problem as to description. Doing this to provide feedback to the ROG team as I believe this is a firmware issue and not a switch problem.

First one shows problem with recording macros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWy1WqKfcXc

WLiao-`
02-24-2017, 09:58 AM
This one shows the problem with my LCTRL. Also one of the most consistent key with problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pa9IkFYPQI&t=28s

WLiao-`
02-24-2017, 09:59 AM
This one shows unresponsive keys at random.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQKuUmPpsGI

Brighttail
02-24-2017, 04:35 PM
Wow.. That is really really awful. :( Considering that this is over a 350 dollar keyboard in Canada.... um. Nope.

Bolt66
02-24-2017, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the videos. As unfortunate as these issues are, I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing them.

I'm also having another issue that I haven't seen mentioned. Has anyone tried setting the Enter key on the number pad to a macro?
When I tried it pressing Enter on the number pad AND the regular Enter key on the main keyboard both result in the macro sequence being executed, instead of just the number pad Enter key. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the keyboard or the Armoury software, which seems fairly buggy still and crashes often.

I really hope they that Asus can put out some quick fixes to these issues. For this price, I was really hoping all the base functionality would just work.

carcer
03-05-2017, 09:55 PM
Greetings, I too am experiencing these random double key presses on the core version. it's generally several keys that exhibit this behaviour i initially assumed it would need "breaking in" however having it a over month now and it's still doing it. Do we return to POS in the uk or is there someplace u can send RMA's back too?

madkazper
03-08-2017, 02:31 AM
having all kinds of problems withe the keyboard or should i say the second keyboard as well. i tried sending information that the admin said to send and was told they are not sending out replacements no more to call service and they have a tool to check it. well called service and they where not helpful at all. told me to just keep sending back to amazon until i get one that works. sent the case number to the admin and i guess i will see what will happen from here.

Bahz
03-08-2017, 03:01 AM
having all kinds of problems withe the keyboard or should i say the second keyboard as well. i tried sending information that the admin said to send and was told they are not sending out replacements no more to call service and they have a tool to check it. well called service and they where not helpful at all. told me to just keep sending back to amazon until i get one that works. sent the case number to the admin and i guess i will see what will happen from here.

Sorry about that, I've further escalated this up to our service team here in Taiwan to follow up with our local team to have this worked out with them. I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll get back to you as soon as possible or our service team in US will contact you directly with further instructions. Thanks.

Bahz
03-08-2017, 03:03 AM
Greetings, I too am experiencing these random double key presses on the core version. it's generally several keys that exhibit this behaviour i initially assumed it would need "breaking in" however having it a over month now and it's still doing it. Do we return to POS in the uk or is there someplace u can send RMA's back too?

For EU you do need to return to the retailer where you purchased from and they will help you send the keyboard back for RMA. If you have any issues with them at all, please do send me a PM and I'll help further escalate the issue for you. Thanks.

Bahz
03-08-2017, 03:06 AM
This one shows unresponsive keys at random.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQKuUmPpsGI

Thanks for the videos, most of the mentioned issues in the videos are already fixed or have new firmware available soon to address them.

D1cky
03-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Please tell me if i'm wrong but I can set only ONE custom effect set (custom lightning settings) for all 5 editable profiles?
If I select the profil one and make a good lightning layout with custom effect editor it is ok. If I choose profil 2 and try to
make a new set for it, all changes apply to profil 1 too. Basically I have ONE custom layout which is INSANE! I would like to
use 2-3 or more custom layout for my programs. No doubt the hardware can do it, so is this a software limitation (WHAT)?

I think this is my fault and I didn't understand the armoury well! This is the one possible explanation I could think of!
Please tell me how can I create more than one special effect group or how can I attach a unique special effect set to all 5 profiles.

Sorry for my bad english!

EDIT:
The armoury software is a complete garbage! The problem what I describe above is still exist, after couple driver and software reinstall, and additionaly, when i swich profile is the armoury (the Fn+Numbers are ok) forget the settings on that profiles which are using the one ( :( ) custom effect option. I'm very DISSAPOINTED now, and despite of the hardware is amazing the sh*t armoury software make me feel I am stupid because bought this very expensive keyboard! ASUS MAKE A GOOD SOFTWARE ASAP PLEASE!
I'm thinking if I do something wrong, please help me guys! Do you think it is a hardware error?

Thanks again!

WLiao-`
03-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the videos. As unfortunate as these issues are, I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing them.

I'm also having another issue that I haven't seen mentioned. Has anyone tried setting the Enter key on the number pad to a macro?
When I tried it pressing Enter on the number pad AND the regular Enter key on the main keyboard both result in the macro sequence being executed, instead of just the number pad Enter key. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the keyboard or the Armoury software, which seems fairly buggy still and crashes often.

I really hope they that Asus can put out some quick fixes to these issues. For this price, I was really hoping all the base functionality would just work.

Yes. I also have this problem. I changed numpad enter into spacebar but it remained the same 'enter' function but the main enter key changed to space bar. Asus, please fix this. I was to use the numpad as my 'wasd' replacement. :(

Also, Bahz stated that some issues have been fixed. Can you elaborate or that? Does that mean some issues have been fixed and will be in the next firmware update?

cl-Albert
03-08-2017, 07:11 PM

Hi madkazper, sorry to hear about the problems.

Since you appear to be located in the U.S., was asked to contact you to get more details about the problem to make sure it needs to be sent back for repair/replacement and apologize in advance that I'm really not all that familiar with the ROG keyboards, but can hopefully get some help on my end.

Anyway, feel free to send a private message to me at cl-Albert with the information or to discuss, but can you please provide more information about the problem below?

Detailed description of the problems with the keyboard like which keys/functions don't work and the steps to catch the problem for our RMA department once they receive your keyboard.
Have you had any problems to install and use the "armory utility"? The links for the user manual and Armory download link v1.01.21 are below if you are interested.
User’s manual for the armory utility: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Keyboard/ROG_Claymore/E11355_ROG_Armoury_Software_UM_WEB.pdf?_ga=1.70058 387.2008999897.1484688990
Armory download link v1.01.21 (2016/12/10)
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ROG_Armoury_v10121.zip?_ga=1.70058387.2008999897.1 484688990
Version of Windows you are using. If you are running Windows 10, can you also run/search 'winver' to check if it's the latest Windows 10 ver 1607?
It's better if you don't post this information, so please send me a private message at cl-Albert with the keyboard serial number, your contact number/email, and your return shipping address.

Thanks!

madkazper
03-09-2017, 12:18 PM
Having the same problems as everyone else in this tread. Where keys become unresponsive for a short time, and its at random on what keys will do it. So when your typing you will miss letters. Sometimes i have to hit a stuck button 2-3 times others i have hit it over 10 times before it registered. For $250 US this should not be a problem at all. I have upgraded to the latest firmware. I may just try to rma the keyboard through amazon again and see if the third one will be ok.*
Hi madkazper, sorry to hear about the problems.

Since you appear to be located in the U.S., was asked to contact you to get more details about the problem to make sure it needs to be sent back for repair/replacement and apologize in advance that I'm really not all that familiar with the ROG keyboards, but can hopefully get some help on my end.

Anyway, feel free to send a private message to me at cl-Albert with the information or to discuss, but can you please provide more information about the problem below?

Detailed description of the problems with the keyboard like which keys/functions don't work and the steps to catch the problem for our RMA department once they receive your keyboard.
Have you had any problems to install and use the "armory utility"? The links for the user manual and Armory download link v1.01.21 are below if you are interested.
Users manual for the armory utility: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Keyboard/ROG_Claymore/E11355_ROG_Armoury_Software_UM_WEB.pdf?_ga=1.70058 387.2008999897.1484688990
Armory download link v1.01.21 (2016/12/10)
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ROG_Armoury_v10121.zip?_ga=1.70058387.2008999897.1 484688990
Version of Windows you are using. If you are running Windows 10, can you also run/search 'winver' to check if it's the latest Windows 10 ver 1607?
It's better if you don't post this information, so please send me a private message at cl-Albert with the keyboard serial number, your contact number/email, and your return shipping address.

Thanks!

WLiao-`
03-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Having the same problems as everyone else in this tread. Where keys become unresponsive for a short time, and its at random on what keys will do it. So when your typing you will miss letters. Sometimes i have to hit a stuck button 2-3 times others i have hit it over 10 times before it registered. For $250 US this should not be a problem at all. I have upgraded to the latest firmware. I may just try to rma the keyboard through amazon again and see if the third one will be ok.*

I'd say wait for the firmware update which, according to Bahz, is coming soon. According to my troubleshoot, I conclude that all these issues can be solved via firmware update.

For now, try reloading your keyboard by 'saving'. For me, it managed to solved one key that is now working 100%.

D1cky
03-11-2017, 11:29 PM
Guys! Nothing? Please!

WLiao-`
03-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Found another bug in thee ROG software. Sigh.

Apparently, NumEnter and Standard enter key is the same key in the software. When I tried to bind a macro to numEnter, the standard enter key was binded instead. I then tried to use keyboard function to troubleshoot. Turns out that the ROG software detects numpad enter key as the standard key. In another words, you cannot do anything to the numpad enter and you also cannot bind numpad enter to anything else as the software does not recognize it.

Asus, please, can you fix this together with all the problem present. Already a very weak and bare bone software, now with all these bugs that are pretty much basic functions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP4KkDhG7sc

madkazper
03-12-2017, 07:09 PM
After sending the claymore back for another RMA through amazon i finally got a keyboard that seems to be working 100%. QC of asus needs to step up there game. Guess 3 was my lucky number today.

Bahz
03-13-2017, 06:58 AM
Found another bug in thee ROG software. Sigh.

Apparently, NumEnter and Standard enter key is the same key in the software. When I tried to bind a macro to numEnter, the standard enter key was binded instead. I then tried to use keyboard function to troubleshoot. Turns out that the ROG software detects numpad enter key as the standard key. In another words, you cannot do anything to the numpad enter and you also cannot bind numpad enter to anything else as the software does not recognize it.

Asus, please, can you fix this together with all the problem present. Already a very weak and bare bone software, now with all these bugs that are pretty much basic functions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP4KkDhG7sc

To be honest they should have not allowed the enter key to be a key that's assignable as an macro key, it's the same logic why you normally can't assign macros to left or right click for a mouse. I'll check with our software team on this and see if it's intended for it to not work.

WLiao-`
03-13-2017, 10:02 AM
To be honest they should have not allowed the enter key to be a key that's assignable as an macro key, it's the same logic why you normally can't assign macros to left or right click for a mouse. I'll check with our software team on this and see if it's intended for it to not work.

I don't see why that is a problem. Both Razer, Cosair and many others can edit their numpad enter key. I don't see why you can't do the same here.

Also, I'm using a corsair mouse that can change it's left and right click (but comes with a warning).

On the claymore, there is a un-editable default profile precisely for this if someone screws up the keyboard to the point it's unreasonably unusable (Highly unlikely).

Playgrd
03-13-2017, 08:03 PM
I have two problems with the Claymore:
1. The Armory Software does not recognize the Claymore when it is plugged into the Keybot USB on the Rampage V motherboard.
2. Even when plugged into the keybot port on the motherboard the Claymore Function keys do not work. I have Keybot switch turned on via the motherboard,
keybot software installed and turned on, but even when plugged into the keybot port next to the ps/2 port Hence cannot use claymore function key for fans, bios,
start up etc. and have the keyboard recognized by Armory.

Armory reports that I have the latest version of Armory and the latest firmware installed on both my Claymore and Spatha. When are you, ASUS, going to provide firmware and software update to solve this problem?????? The issue has been reported by folks for over a month with no resolution provided.

g_rowell
03-17-2017, 06:49 AM
Dear ASUS seriously sort out you Armoury software make it easy for us user's to understand

I have a claymore currently the software is
ROG_Armoury_v10127

FYI for those wondering
claymore
80% Firmware version 1.04.04
Keypad Firmware Version 1.0100

Spatha
Dock Firmware Version 1.27
Mouse Firmware Version 1.58

however my spatha now has a version up
ROG_Armoury_v10134

Can i use the ROG_Armoury_v10134 or will that turn my Claymore in to a useless Brick for the fourth time ?

do yourselves a favor and make 1 piece for software for all its too confusing now

WLiao-`
03-17-2017, 10:14 AM
Dear ASUS seriously sort out you Armoury software make it easy for us user's to understand

I have a claymore currently the software is
ROG_Armoury_v10127

FYI for those wondering
claymore
80% Firmware version 1.04.04
Keypad Firmware Version 1.0100

Spatha

however my spatha now has a version up
ROG_Armoury_v10134

Can i use the ROG_Armoury_v10134 or will that turn my Claymore in to a useless Brick for the fourth time ?

do yourselves a favor and make 1 piece for software for all its too confusing now

It states here that my claymore is 1.06.00. If it doesn't update through the software, you may have to download the driver manually from the website.

g_rowell
03-17-2017, 07:08 PM
It states here that my claymore is 1.06.00. If it doesn't update through the software, you may have to download the driver manually from the website.

please show me where do get this 1.06.00 that you mention

even the software spec between the claymore and the claymore core is different

oh and FYI don't try to use ROG_Arrmoury_v10134 for the claymore seems it doesn't like the lighting Sync and likes to crash a lot

WLiao-`
03-18-2017, 06:36 AM
please show me where do get this 1.06.00 that you mention

even the software spec between the claymore and the claymore core is different

oh and FYI don't try to use ROG_Arrmoury_v10134 for the claymore seems it doesn't like the lighting Sync and likes to crash a lot

I made a video that showed this. Quality not so good, not sure you can see it.

Here's the image.

http://i.imgur.com/aEUBz65.png

Note that I only have claymore and not the mouse. I just downloaded straight from the website version 27 then the software just updated my keyboard to 1.06

g_rowell
03-18-2017, 08:51 PM
I made a video that showed this. Quality not so good, not sure you can see it.

Here's the image.

http://i.imgur.com/aEUBz65.png

Note that I only have claymore and not the mouse. I just downloaded straight from the website version 27 then the software just updated my keyboard to 1.06

well when i click firmware update all I get is, your software is up to date, if your at 1.06.00 then clearly its not up to date.

tell me can you unplug your keyboard from the USB and then plug it back in and it works or does it say device not recognized with windows?
Does your keyboard always wake when the computer wakes from sleep or does it occasionally not wake up and you physically have to reboot the computer

other than those issues keyboard great

WLiao-`
03-19-2017, 05:35 AM
well when i click firmware update all I get is, your software is up to date, if your at 1.06.00 then clearly its not up to date.

tell me can you unplug your keyboard from the USB and then plug it back in and it works or does it say device not recognized with windows?
Does your keyboard always wake when the computer wakes from sleep or does it occasionally not wake up and you physically have to reboot the computer

other than those issues keyboard great

My keyboard has many issues but none of them are those you're experience. You can try manually downloading version 27 from the website. If not you'll have to rma it. My side told me the next batch is coming April and that is best i wait for that batch before changing the keyboard.

Crasje
03-24-2017, 06:04 PM
Just got my claymore... super happy.. untill I hooked it up to my brandnew machine (see my specs).

At first i could not log in.. turned out I kept mistyping my password, When I did a test type, it looked like I was typing drunk, especially the S, F, L and Enter were sporaticly showing. The Enter only works when hitting it exactly in the center.

Then I tried the Rog Armoury software that said my keybord needed an upgrade. When performing the update the software crashed.
I rebooted - crash
other USB ports -crash

So after 15 minutes, hooked up my old keyboard and all is fine. So back it goes... trying a next one.

I have a lot of ROG stuff, Spatha, Maximus IX, GTX980Ti, PG348Q and was now going for the keyboard, thats a lot of euro's of ROG hardware.
I can understandsoftware being buggy for exotic functions or whatever... but a keyboard not typing correct... seriously?

JustinThyme
03-25-2017, 01:22 AM
Sorry to hear you had issues. Make sure you have the latest armory software. *I believe it's on the claymore (not core) page. Check around for the latest version. For reasons unknown all the support pages don't get updated with the new versions.*

I didn't have any issues with the KB working but did have lighting issues and the FW would not update until I installed the latest version. I bought the claymore core and spatha the same day, the mouse wouldn't update either. All good now though.*

If that's not the issue sometimes new gear comes broken. Usually less than 5% but everyone has to take their turn at some point getting a goose egg. Don't let that discourage you. Once mine got all ironed out it works great. My only issue is sometimes on cold boot the KB or mouse won't work and I have to disconnect then reconnect the USB then goes to working fine. I'm not at all happy about that issue as one would think that when you pay premium 💰 you would get a flawless premium product.*

Bahz
03-28-2017, 04:23 PM
I received an update from our peripheral team and they have narrowed down the issue to a packaging issue that caused keys to be pressed down with heavy amount of pressure for prolonged period of time causing the switch springs to deform. In addition, most of the earlier stock was prepared much in advance before the launch of the product so they were sitting in warehouse storage for a little longer than normal. This packaging issue caused the following reported issues: multiple inputs, unresponsiveness, and chattering keys. There has been adjustments made to the packaging, testing methods and a new packaging design will be implemented to address these issues and we expect all recent stock and future stock to no longer have this issue. For those who purchased a unit with the aforementioned issues, please try to continuously press the affected keys many times with some pressure to fix. If this method is unable to resolve the issue then we recommend returning the unit for exchange or refund. We apologize for all the inconvenience caused and appreciate the help from the community in helping us identify the root issue.

WLiao-`
04-04-2017, 03:36 PM
I received an update from our peripheral team and they have narrowed down the issue to a packaging issue that caused keys to be pressed down with heavy amount of pressure for prolonged period of time causing the switch springs to deform. In addition, most of the earlier stock was prepared much in advance before the launch of the product so they were sitting in warehouse storage for a little longer than normal. This packaging issue caused the following reported issues: multiple inputs, unresponsiveness, and chattering keys. There has been adjustments made to the packaging, testing methods and a new packaging design will be implemented to address these issues and we expect all recent stock and future stock to no longer have this issue. For those who purchased a unit with the aforementioned issues, please try to continuously press the affected keys many times with some pressure to fix. If this method is unable to resolve the issue then we recommend returning the unit for exchange or refund. We apologize for all the inconvenience caused and appreciate the help from the community in helping us identify the root issue.

Any word on the software update? I'm unable to set macro on the 'pause break' 'print screen' keys on the keyboard despite the software stated that I already did. I've already posted this similar problem on previous page with the youtube video.

Bahz
04-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Any word on the software update? I'm unable to set macro on the 'pause break' 'print screen' keys on the keyboard despite the software stated that I already did. I've already posted this similar problem on previous page with the youtube video.

I'll follow up on this and check with our peripheral teams on when they plan to release the next firmware update to address this issue. Thanks.

Asuhra
04-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Hey there, I have recently purchased a Claymore 100% and Gladius II mouse.

First things first:
Both of them are stunning. It was actually the reason I bought them at this expensive price. Claymore looks unique, like something I would built If I was designing keyboards. Although if I was in charge I would never allow a Keyboard to be released without dedicated media controls, usb passthrough and at least a column of Modifier keys to the left of the keyboard. But again, style is so important to me that I got the Claymore without those characteristics that I and most people consider a must.

The Gladius II is another beauty. I am totally sold on the leds alone. The wave pattern is absolutely stunning, almost looks like the mouse is a spaceship hovering above my metal mouse pad. The 3360 sensor is another pearl. In fact this is the first big mouse that I can actually aim with becasue the sensor is so good that compensates for the less than perfect shape which is very similar to the Deathadder. The biggest selling point was actually the easily replaceable switches. Without those I would have never even tried the mouse because of the price.

Now the problems: The mouse weakest link and only problem is like always the piece of trash OMRON switches. 50 million clicks they say..lol... half an hour into testing it both switches were already stuck in autofire multiple times. After one day of use the switches are sounding like they are half broken and too loose already. Need to try the replacement switches but once again, a mouse from me would never ever have anything from OMRON (unless it's easily replaceable). Second problem is weight: At 110g this is nightmare for more than a hour of playing. The hand, wrist and arm get so tired on fast paced shooters like DOOM in Ultra Nightmare that after a while not even this amazing sensor can be of any help.

Overall, wouldn't recommend it for fast paced fps games but pretty cool for everything else since other games don't require so much fast movement.

Now the keyboard problems which is the reason for this post:

The hardware part seems fine, at least I haven't had any problems that I noticed. The software part? OMG, I honestly never seen something so amateurish, something so bad, something so... I'm lacking the words.

1st problem: It doesn't store custom led profiles. Everytime I change profile inside the armory software it resets the custom leds on the other profiles.
Only way I got it to work is configure profiles #2, #3, #4 and #5 with the default (non custom profiles) and then leave profile #1 for last, add custom leds to it, save it and exit software. After exiting the armory software I can change profiles directly through the keyboard and everything works as it should concerning the leds but whenever I open the armory software I immediately lose the custom leds again without even changing any profile. :((

2nd problem: Macros and the rest of stuff like configuring a key to open a program are completely useless. I gave up completely and use my Raz3r Tartarus instead for Macros to avoid going back to the store and smack someone's head with the Claymore (I mean, the most expensive keyboard of all time and not even the simplest of macros works?! Again, if I was in charge at ROG someone's head would be rolling by now. Totally unacceptable amateurish stuff) I got to the point where I was losing my mind. Let me describe it in more detail:

Armory software not registering the keys I press. Not a keyboard problem because If I plug in another keyboard it also doesn't register the pressed keys. When the Armory finally decides to work with the claymore it also works with any other keyboard (it's seems like it's really only a software problem).
Also could never assign any macro or program to any of keypad keys and the only reason i bought the full Claymore was to use the numpad as macros and program launch shortcuts.
When it comes to the non keypad keys it's basically a lottery. I tried to use the Ins/Home/Pg Up/Del/End/Pg Down keys for macros and sometimes it worked, others didn't register the key at all. Total lottery, no method to it's madness.
Sometimes I would assign a key to launch a program, the software said everything was ok but when I tried to test the key it didn't open any program at all. There was one time I kept pressing the key over and over and nothing happened, then all of a sudden, like 15 minutes later several instances of that program open up all at the same time when i was not expecting it all all!!!lol

Other Major problem. My Gladius II uses ROG_Armoury_v10129 but the Claymore uses ROG_Armoury_v10127.
I have ROG_Armoury_v10129 installed now because I want the latest drivers for the mouse but with this version I can only add macro keys, etc to the Claymore's profile #1. No macro or program launch works on any key of the remaining profiles. Only profile #1 works with macros, etc and only works half the time.

Another ridiculous thing is when I change or update the ROG_Armory software it resets all the profiles. It actually replaces the profiles inside C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\Config_Claymore with the default ones.

Guys, seriously, this is so amateurish it hurts. You build a unified software for all your products and they can't even use the same version? I have to choose between Keyboard or mouse?

Basically what I need to know is if this is fixable or if I should return the keyboard and even the mouse (if the software can't work with both).

I am running Win10 x64 Enterprise

Thanks for your time.

D1cky
04-11-2017, 11:34 AM
I feel your hurt! I bought a claymore too, and I have almost have all problem with it what you described very well! I would add a thing to your list.
Why we can't assign a custom effect for all 6( why only 6 ) profiles?! If you make a special color layout, you can assign it for all six profile and thats is! Shame!
I hope they are busy working on the armoury ****!!!

Hey there, I have recently purchased a Claymore 100% and Gladius II mouse.

First things first:
Both of them are stunning. It was actually the reason I bought them at this expensive price. Claymore looks unique, like something I would built If I was designing keyboards. Although if I was in charge I would never allow a Keyboard to be released without dedicated media controls, usb passthrough and at least a column of Modifier keys to the left of the keyboard. But again, style is so important to me that I got the Claymore without those characteristics that I and most people consider a must.

The Gladius II is another beauty. I am totally sold on the leds alone. The wave pattern is absolutely stunning, almost looks like the mouse is a spaceship hovering above my metal mouse pad. The 3360 sensor is another pearl. In fact this is the first big mouse that I can actually aim with becasue the sensor is so good that compensates for the less than perfect shape which is very similar to the Deathadder. The biggest selling point was actually the easily replaceable switches. Without those I would have never even tried the mouse because of the price.

Now the problems: The mouse weakest link and only problem is like always the piece of trash OMRON switches. 50 million clicks they say..lol... half an hour into testing it both switches were already stuck in autofire multiple times. After one day of use the switches are sounding like they are half broken and too loose already. Need to try the replacement switches but once again, a mouse from me would never ever have anything from OMRON (unless it's easily replaceable). Second problem is weight: At 110g this is nightmare for more than a hour of playing. The hand, wrist and arm get so tired on fast paced shooters like DOOM in Ultra Nightmare that after a while not even this amazing sensor can be of any help.

Overall, wouldn't recommend it for fast paced fps games but pretty cool for everything else since other games don't require so much fast movement.

Now the keyboard problems which is the reason for this post:

The hardware part seems fine, at least I haven't had any problems that I noticed. The software part? OMG, I honestly never seen something so amateurish, something so bad, something so... I'm lacking the words.

1st problem: It doesn't store custom led profiles. Everytime I change profile inside the armory software it resets the custom leds on the other profiles.
Only way I got it to work is configure profiles #2, #3, #4 and #5 with the default (non custom profiles) and then leave profile #1 for last, add custom leds to it, save it and exit software. After exiting the armory software I can change profiles directly through the keyboard and everything works as it should concerning the leds but whenever I open the armory software I immediately lose the custom leds again without even changing any profile. :((

2nd problem: Macros and the rest of stuff like configuring a key to open a program are completely useless. I gave up completely and use my Raz3r Tartarus instead for Macros to avoid going back to the store and smack someone's head with the Claymore (I mean, the most expensive keyboard of all time and not even the simplest of macros works?! Again, if I was in charge at ROG someone's head would be rolling by now. Totally unacceptable amateurish stuff) I got to the point where I was losing my mind. Let me describe it in more detail:

Armory software not registering the keys I press. Not a keyboard problem because If I plug in another keyboard it also doesn't register the pressed keys. When the Armory finally decides to work with the claymore it also works with any other keyboard (it's seems like it's really only a software problem).
Also could never assign any macro or program to any of keypad keys and the only reason i bought the full Claymore was to use the numpad as macros and program launch shortcuts.
When it comes to the non keypad keys it's basically a lottery. I tried to use the Ins/Home/Pg Up/Del/End/Pg Down keys for macros and sometimes it worked, others didn't register the key at all. Total lottery, no method to it's madness.
Sometimes I would assign a key to launch a program, the software said everything was ok but when I tried to test the key it didn't open any program at all. There was one time I kept pressing the key over and over and nothing happened, then all of a sudden, like 15 minutes later several instances of that program open up all at the same time when i was not expecting it all all!!!lol

Other Major problem. My Gladius II uses ROG_Armoury_v10129 but the Claymore uses ROG_Armoury_v10127.
I have ROG_Armoury_v10129 installed now because I want the latest drivers for the mouse but with this version I can only add macro keys, etc to the Claymore's profile #1. No macro or program launch works on any key of the remaining profiles. Only profile #1 works with macros, etc and only works half the time.

Another ridiculous thing is when I change or update the ROG_Armory software it resets all the profiles. It actually replaces the profiles inside C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\Config_Claymore with the default ones.

Guys, seriously, this is so amateurish it hurts. You build a unified software for all your products and they can't even use the same version? I have to choose between Keyboard or mouse?

Basically what I need to know is if this is fixable or if I should return the keyboard and even the mouse (if the software can't work with both).

I am running Win10 x64 Enterprise

Thanks for your time.

Bahz
04-21-2017, 06:48 AM
I wanted to update everyone on a few things:

BIOS, Boot Up (with compatible motherboard)
These are KeyBot II features and only in S5 mode, so you need to have KeyBot II installed

Fan-, Fan+, CPU OC, and RAM OC
You need to have both AI Suite III and ROG Armoury running at the same time for these functions to work

To reset to default keyboard settings
Hold FN + Esc for 10 seconds

Mtron78
05-01-2017, 05:20 AM
Hi, I just bought the rog claymore full edition with the numpad a couple of days ago. Unfortunately I skipped the process of gathering more information about it. It would have been different if I stumbled on this forum post before I made the purchase. Who would have thought that a $200+ keyboard would have basic fundamental problem of functioning like what a proper keyboard should. Like typing without any issues like the chattering and unresponsive keys, as well as the simple of task of assigning a keystroke to a different key for instance. Seriously, even my old cmstorm mech or the membrane logitech g105 keys can be reassigned to whatever keys I want. And that they are perfectly usable since day 1.

Like others facing this issue, most of the keys on my numpad are either chattering or unresponsive. Numpad 0 will register an output after several keypresses, and even then it's either a single 0 or a bunch of 0s. When I pressed once, I expect to have a single 0. Not a bunch of them. And when I keep it depressed, it sometimes takes a couple more attempts before displaying a row of 0s which is as expected. But I noticed that sometimes it can pause slightly before continue outputting 0s.

The tkl board itself has some keys with similar issues before it evened out and finally fixed. I noticed most keys affected were on the right side of the board, which means the arrow keys, right control, page up and downs, etc.

Now I'm not sure if there are underlying issues with the keyboard. I don't know if the keyboard controller is actually capable of handling additional external interface like the numpad, on top of controlling the leds. Perhaps that is why it is struggling to function with the numpad attached. Please take note that this is merely speculation on my part. But perhaps the team can provide a quick resolution to this.

Hi Bahz, may I know if the refund policy is applicable to global regions as well? Thanks.*

carcer
05-02-2017, 11:14 AM
So i got a replacement rog claymore and it is even worse than the previous one. I am now requesting a refund and will not be buying any more garbage rog gear. i'm using an Advent 5 keyboard that makes the claymore look terrible in comparison i can touch type and game without dying due to inability to straif.....

Bahz
05-05-2017, 03:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear about both of your issues with your keyboard. If you wish to refund the keyboard, please contact your retailer as the point of sale is with retailer so it won't be possible for us to refund you directly.

VIPER
05-12-2017, 11:12 PM
I have the 2x Claymore Core, 1 Claymore Core and 2x Spatha for several months now, but I can't get the macros to work. They worked on earlier versions of the software, but now I cannot record any macros combinations with my Claymores no matter what software version I use. I've reinstalled windows just for that problem, but it is not working. On ROG_Armoury_v10127 version macros do work of some sort, but if the macros start with SHIFT key the software doesn't record anything. On versions ROG_Armoury_v10134 and ROG_Armoury_v10203 macros for the Claymores don't work at all and sometimes the menus of the Armoury software for keyboard and macros are greyed out and I cannot use them at all and it seems that ASUS AURA software is causing this, but I want to use both AURA and Armoury.

I've tested on both systems with ASUS motherboards in them: Rampage V Extreme and Maximus IX Formula on fresh windows installs with newest BIOS-es, drivers and firmware's.

Bahz
05-15-2017, 11:22 AM
I have the 2x Claymore Core, 1 Claymore Core and 2x Spatha for several months now, but I can't get the macros to work. They worked on earlier versions of the software, but now I cannot record any macros combinations with my Claymores no matter what software version I use. I've reinstalled windows just for that problem, but it is not working. On ROG_Armoury_v10127 version macros do work of some sort, but if the macros start with SHIFT key the software doesn't record anything. On versions ROG_Armoury_v10134 and ROG_Armoury_v10203 macros for the Claymores don't work at all and sometimes the menus of the Armoury software for keyboard and macros are greyed out and I cannot use them at all and it seems that ASUS AURA software is causing this, but I want to use both AURA and Armoury.

I've tested on both systems with ASUS motherboards in them: Rampage V Extreme and Maximus IX Formula on fresh windows installs with newest BIOS-es, drivers and firmware's.

So you're thinking the issue is caused by the AURA software? Did you try uninstalling AURA software to see if it fixes the issue?

Bahz
05-15-2017, 11:38 AM
I verified that recording macros with shift or L-shift works but I found a different issue, if you leave your mouse cursor inside the record button box then no keystrokes get registered until you move your cursor outside of the box.

VIPER
05-17-2017, 07:17 PM
I verified that recording macros with shift or L-shift works but I found a different issue, if you leave your mouse cursor inside the record button box then no keystrokes get registered until you move your cursor outside of the box.

Thank you for that answer Bahz. When I moved the mouse out of the record button the macros registered successfully. I type with both hands and when I click record button my mouse cursor always stayed over the button, but I'll know to move it from now on.

The only problem that left is that when AURA is installed the KEYBOARD tab on ARMOURY software for CLAYMORE is grayed out. When I uninstall AURA the KAYBOARD tab is active again.

Bahz
05-18-2017, 12:35 AM
Thank you for that answer Bahz. When I moved the mouse out of the record button the macros registered successfully. I type with both hands and when I click record button my mouse cursor always stayed over the button, but I'll know to move it from now on.

The only problem that left is that when AURA is installed the KEYBOARD tab on ARMOURY software for CLAYMORE is grayed out. When I uninstall AURA the KAYBOARD tab is active again.

Can you provide me with the AURA software version? Logically that would make sense if you installed the AURA sync software from motherboard page, because then all AURA setting for MB, graphics card, keyboard, and mouse would be controlled through that software. You wouldn't want every individual software to still be able to control each product because it would then cause conflicts with the AURA sync software.

VIPER
05-18-2017, 11:17 AM
Can you provide me with the AURA software version? Logically that would make sense if you installed the AURA sync software from motherboard page, because then all AURA setting for MB, graphics card, keyboard, and mouse would be controlled through that software. You wouldn't want every individual software to still be able to control each product because it would then cause conflicts with the AURA sync software.

I have AURA version 1.04.30. On ASUS support page for ROG MAXIMUS IX FORMULA motherboard the version of the Aura is 1.04.29. Maybe I should try to roll back.

Bahz
05-18-2017, 02:12 PM
I have AURA version 1.04.30. On ASUS support page for ROG MAXIMUS IX FORMULA motherboard the version of the Aura is 1.04.29. Maybe I should try to roll back.

Thanks, I'll look into this and will update you once I hear back from our product teams. Yes, you should try to stick with the latest version listed on your motherboard support page and not download another version from a different product, there may be a reason why the product page didn't update to that version.

NeonRain
05-18-2017, 04:33 PM
Hi guy's i bought a full claymore and a gladius 2 a couple days ago
My keyboard is a mess sadly, its basically unusable. I found this thread on this forum and it seems like a common error.
Mine also has bad keychatter and i wish i knew this before buying, for such an expensive product this is really suprising for me.
It looks so good tho! )
I keep mistyping passwords and i need to do my accounting tomorrow which i quite a problem for me now.
Do all claymore have it? Otherwise ill rma it butt if its so widely spread i'd rather just return it and buy something else?
Also it seems a little better today then yesterday?

Firmware is on 1.06,00
and keypad on 1.01.00

software version 1.01.27

VIPER
05-18-2017, 04:48 PM
Thanks, I'll look into this and will update you once I hear back from our product teams. Yes, you should try to stick with the latest version listed on your motherboard support page and not download another version from a different product, there may be a reason why the product page didn't update to that version.

I've removed 1.04.30 rebooted and installed 1.04.29, but the problem is still present.

forestcurse
05-20-2017, 12:36 PM
Hi after update ROG_Armoury_v10207
my Asus claymor can't use numpad
it's look like they aren't conect

Bahz
05-22-2017, 02:16 AM
Hi after update ROG_Armoury_v10207
my Asus claymor can't use numpad
it's look like they aren't conect

You should try uninstalling and then using CC Cleaner before reinstalling. I currently have v10207 installed and my numpad is working perfectly.

forestcurse
05-22-2017, 05:32 AM
You should try uninstalling and then using CC Cleaner before reinstalling. I currently have v10207 installed and my numpad is working perfectly.

thank you very much :D

Soundwave_JNK
06-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Hi guys,

So i bought a ROG Claymore Core and a Spatha a few weeks ago. The Spatha works like a charm, very proud of my investment regarding the mouse (for me it might be the best gaming mouse that works on my rig without lag or delays - retiring from a SS MLG).

But when it comes for the ROG Claymore i have some issues with the Armoury (changing the proifiles),

For example all the custom profiles from 1 to 5 have different settings, color, macros, for different games / work etc. (Profile 1 is color cycling, profile 2 is reactive on red, profile 3 - ripple on green....basically different from what it came out of the box + different macros and settings - you get the idea).

The problem is when i'm changing the profiles.

1. Changing profiles from the KEYS FN+1 or FN+2 ... FN+5, the Claymore and Armoury get confused and changes the profile to the standard out of the box profile.
Profile 1 - Breathing red + 0 setting, macros, etc.
Profile 2 - Breathing pink+ 0 setting, macros, etc.
Profile 3- Breathing blue+ 0 setting, macros, etc.
Profile 4 - Breathing green+ 0 setting, macros, etc.
Profile 5 - Breathing light green+ 0 setting, macros, etc.

2. Changing profiles from the Armoury software, the Claymore again, gets confused and resets to the default profile - the one with color cycling.
3. Changing profiles when you automatically start an game / app -doesn't work on the Claymore at all, remaining the default color cycling profile.

Armoury Version is 1.01.34 (installed from the Spatha - since you guys have a indexing problem regarding your software - but i had also the .27 version still the same issue)
Claymore Core 80% Firmware Version is 1.06.01

Any advice?

Kind regards,
Sebastian

D1cky
06-06-2017, 11:05 PM
Hi guys,

So i bought a ROG Claymore Core and a Spatha a few weeks ago. The Spatha works like a charm, very proud of my investment regarding the mouse (for me it might be the best gaming mouse that works on my rig without lag or delays - retiring from a SS MLG).

But when it comes for the ROG Claymore i have some issues with the Armoury (changing the proifiles),

For example all the custom profiles from 1 to 5 have different settings, color, macros, for different games / work etc. (Profile 1 is color cycling, profile 2 is reactive on red, profile 3 - ripple on green....basically different from what it came out of the box + different macros and settings - you get the idea).

The problem is when i'm changing the profiles.

1. Changing profiles from the KEYS FN+1 or FN+2 ... FN+5, the Claymore and Armoury get confused and changes the profile to the standard out of the box profile.
Profile 1 - Breathing red + 0 setting, macros, etc.
Profile 2 - Breathing pink+ 0 setting, macros, etc.
Profile 3- Breathing blue+ 0 setting, macros, etc.
Profile 4 - Breathing green+ 0 setting, macros, etc.
Profile 5 - Breathing light green+ 0 setting, macros, etc.

2. Changing profiles from the Armoury software, the Claymore again, gets confused and resets to the default profile - the one with color cycling.
3. Changing profiles when you automatically start an game / app -doesn't work on the Claymore at all, remaining the default color cycling profile.

Armoury Version is 1.01.34 (installed from the Spatha - since you guys have a indexing problem regarding your software - but i had also the .27 version still the same issue)
Claymore Core 80% Firmware Version is 1.06.01

Any advice?

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Yeah! I have the same problems like you and others!
There are an other thread with some information in this topic, but these two thread don't serve resolution for our problems so far!
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91479-Only-one-custom-effect-set-for-Claymore-in-armoury/

Bahz
06-08-2017, 02:25 AM
Those of you who would like to test out the beta software targeted to fix the custom lighting effects bug, please send me a PM. This version is going through final testing and we would like to collect some feedback to make sure there aren't other bugs for this part which we may have missed. Thanks.

D1cky
06-08-2017, 12:11 PM
Those of you who would like to test out the beta software targeted to fix the custom lighting effects bug, please send me a PM. This version is going through final testing and we would like to collect some feedback to make sure there aren't other bugs for this part which we may have missed. Thanks.

Hi Bahz,
Great! That is a very goooood news! Thank you for including me!

I've uninstalled the old armoury, clean my registry, restart and install the new one you provided.
The good news:
- the custom effects for profiles are working separately (I'm happy)
- the starting of armoury resets the profiles bug is not a problem now!!! (I'm more happy)

The bad news:
- However the custom profiles working separately, and keep the lightning settings, when you go back and edit them, the layout editor not shows what EFFECTS added which GAMING PRESETS (ALL, WASD, QWER, NUMBERS, FN KEYS, ARROW KEYS). Please find the file attached! If you don't understand my bad english explanation, tell me and I will make a video with this issue.

You make me happy with the progress and I'm happy with I could be "the part of the development".

Sorry for my english again!
Thanky you very much!

Soundwave_JNK
06-08-2017, 04:31 PM

Hi Bahz ,

I'm glad to see a response from you, but unfortunately this version is still not working for me. Every time i change the Claymore profiles it changes to the default colors: profile1 - red, profile 2 - pink , profile 3 - green etc....

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Bahz
06-14-2017, 08:46 AM
Hi Sebastian,

I would recommend that you uninstall then clean out the registry with CC cleaner first and reinstall the latest version. More details on exactly how to replicate your issue would be helpful because I'm trying to replicate based on my understanding of your issue and it's working fine for me.

If there is an issue then I will try to replicate and record a video for our peripheral team.

Thanks,
Bahz

Soundwave_JNK
06-14-2017, 10:01 PM
Hi Sebastian,

I would recommend that you uninstall then clean out the registry with CC cleaner first and reinstall the latest version. More details on exactly how to replicate your issue would be helpful because I'm trying to replicate based on my understanding of your issue and it's working fine for me.

If there is an issue then I will try to replicate and record a video for our peripheral team.

Thanks,
Bahz

Hi Bahz,

Did what you recommended, still no improvement.

I have created an video. As a short description of what is happening in the video.

- I try to customize profiles for the Claymore, as you see "Static red, green, yellow etc", but after each save, the keyboard resets to the color cycling
@ At the end of the video you can see, when i'm trying to change the profiles via Key strokes. FN + 1, 2 ,3 ,4. The key board chances to a default profile.

For example on key fn + 3 i made it static yellow , and it changes to breathing blue, fn + 2 i made it ripple red -- but it changes breathing pink...and so on....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lr3Oktc_f8
Tell me how can i be of more help

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Rewerend
06-14-2017, 11:14 PM
Bahz may I also try a new drivers? Where did you provide a link for them? Thanks.

Bahz
06-15-2017, 02:26 AM
Bahz may I also try a new drivers? Where did you provide a link for them? Thanks.

Of course, please check your inbox. Thanks.

Bahz
06-15-2017, 02:28 AM
Hi Bahz,

Did what you recommended, still no improvement.

I have created an video. As a short description of what is happening in the video.

- I try to customize profiles for the Claymore, as you see "Static red, green, yellow etc", but after each save, the keyboard resets to the color cycling
@ At the end of the video you can see, when i'm trying to change the profiles via Key strokes. FN + 1, 2 ,3 ,4. The key board chances to a default profile.

For example on key fn + 3 i made it static yellow , and it changes to breathing blue, fn + 2 i made it ripple red -- but it changes breathing pink...and so on....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lr3Oktc_f8
Tell me how can i be of more help

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Thanks for the video, it's much appreciated. I think the issue is with the keyboard IC directly as it doesn't seem to allow you to apply any settings. Do you have a different system that you can install 1.02.09 onto and then see if you're able to apply settings on that system?

Soundwave_JNK
06-15-2017, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the video, it's much appreciated. I think the issue is with the keyboard IC directly as it doesn't seem to allow you to apply any settings. Do you have a different system that you can install 1.02.09 onto and then see if you're able to apply settings on that system?

Hi Bahz,

Just tested the Keyboard and the Armoury 1.02.09 on 4 systems (3 PC's and one laptop). Same issue reproduced.

Bahz
06-16-2017, 03:05 AM
I would recommend then that you send back the keyboard for RMA as I'm almost 100% sure it's a defective keyboard

chrispteen
06-23-2017, 09:50 PM
This is my second board already and the same issues are still present. I returned my first which was the claymore core browns thinking it was defective. Today I receive the claymore with numpad and as soon as I connected the board, keys were not registering. Come on $250.00 on a keyboard and I cant even use it.

My pc is Rampage IX Formula with a 7700k.

Bahz
06-26-2017, 09:20 AM
This is my second board already and the same issues are still present. I returned my first which was the claymore core browns thinking it was defective. Today I receive the claymore with numpad and as soon as I connected the board, keys were not registering. Come on $250.00 on a keyboard and I cant even use it.

My pc is Rampage IX Formula with a 7700k.

It may be old stock with packaging issue which caused some of the switches to deform, so you can try exchanging it again or return it for refund. My recommendation is to wait until around late July - Aug when there will be new shipment of keyboards.

g_rowell
06-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Bahz
Thanks for the new software, finally was able to convince the keyboard and numpad that a Firmware update existed for it
i also got a spatha Updates at the same timing

Software version 1.02.09

80% Firmware version 1.06.04
Keypad Firmware Version 1.02.01

Spatha
Dock Firmware Version 1.32
Mouse Firmware Version 1.62

ScreamNL
06-29-2017, 05:56 AM
Hello! No binding macro/keys for numpad.

Claymore Full
Software 1.01.27
Firmware version 1.06.01
Keypad Firmware Version 1.01.00

Spatha
Software 1.01.27

How can I solve this problem?
P.S. Software Version 1.01.19 working in normal.

Bahz
06-29-2017, 08:49 AM
Hello! No binding macro/keys for numpad.

Claymore Full
Software 1.01.27
Firmware version 1.06.01
Keypad Firmware Version 1.01.00

Spatha
Software 1.01.27

How can I solve this problem?
P.S. Software Version 1.01.19 working in normal.

Thanks for your feedback, actually in the beta version we already address the key binding issue for the numpad but we discovered a few more other bugs which we're working on for the next version. The next official software version will fix this issue.

g_rowell
06-29-2017, 11:51 AM
Bahz
found not really an error, but or of an annoyance with the new Software version 1.02.09
so I updated the software ROG Armoury software to do updates on you Keyboard or mouse set Macros etc

then I get the following error message Please turn off Aura software to unlock Armoury (my aura version is V1.04.43)
how do you recommend I close AURA all the time as runs in the back ground, CTRL-ALT-DELETE all the time not really the best way to close a program is it ?

just thought you might like to know and add in to the next update

AjsCold
06-29-2017, 10:06 PM
Bahz
found not really an error, but or of an annoyance with the new Software version 1.02.09
so I updated the software ROG Armoury software to do updates on you Keyboard or mouse set Macros etc

then I get the following error message Please turn off Aura software to unlock Armoury (my aura version is V1.04.43)
how do you recommend I close AURA all the time as runs in the back ground, CTRL-ALT-DELETE all the time not really the best way to close a program is it ?

just thought you might like to know and add in to the next update

Got the same problem after Armory was updated. Tried to set Aura "off" in Aura. Tried to stop every service i could find with asus, but is still says "Please turn off Aura software to unlock Armoury " and just got the gladius ii mouse today, and i cannot configure it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bahz
06-30-2017, 01:19 AM
Got the same problem after Armory was updated. Tried to set Aura "off" in Aura. Tried to stop every service i could find with asus, but is still says "Please turn off Aura software to unlock Armoury " and just got the gladius ii mouse today, and i cannot configure it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, we're aware of the conflict currently with AURA and Armoury and we're working on new software versions to address this issue.

Bahz
07-05-2017, 04:59 AM
I can't find the post where it was reported by someone that beta version 1.02.09 was still having issue where if you bind any macros to the numpad key like 7, it also causes the home key below scroll lock to also be binded with that macro. Our teams have tested it internally and I personally also tried replicating this but we can't see the same problem and it's working perfectly.

For those who have the same issue you can hold down Fn + ESC for 10 seconds reset all your profiles then reinstall v1.02.09, if the issue is still occurring then I believe it's probably a hardware issue and needs to be sent back for RMA.

kahatanna7
07-12-2017, 07:52 PM
Dear Bahz, I could't download the beta drivers by the link you provided. It says public access page not found. Can you generate a new one or send the archive to my email address?

D1cky
07-12-2017, 11:49 PM
Dear Bahz, I could't download the beta drivers by the link you provided. It says public access page not found. Can you generate a new one or send the archive to my email address?

I've just sent to you an email.

Have fun

Bahz
07-14-2017, 03:33 AM

Sorry about that as that link expired, please check new link in PM. Thanks.

D1cky
07-31-2017, 10:56 PM
Hello Bahz and Devs,

May I ask you when we have some shiny new stuff for our forgotten piece of art keyboards?
I think we should see some progress after those months of waiting! Please devs, please!

Another retorical question here: can you imagine a tool or application (maybe 3rd party or opensource) which we can make
really own new effects or connect our devices to another application? For example: when you have new email, one
button start flashing, or when play a game and the cooldown of a spell ends the button linked it turn green. Imagine,
you can make an effect which turn you keyboard an equalizer or write out a scrolling message!!!!

I think an API or a developer tool would be super awesome! ASUS please hire me and serve the ideas from the future! :D

Bahz
08-01-2017, 04:12 AM
Hello Bahz and Devs,

May I ask you when we have some shiny new stuff for our forgotten piece of art keyboards?
I think we should see some progress after those months of waiting! Please devs, please!

Another retorical question here: can you imagine a tool or application (maybe 3rd party or opensource) which we can make
really own new effects or connect our devices to another application? For example: when you have new email, one
button start flashing, or when play a game and the cooldown of a spell ends the button linked it turn green. Imagine,
you can make an effect which turn you keyboard an equalizer or write out a scrolling message!!!!

I think an API or a developer tool would be super awesome! ASUS please hire me and serve the ideas from the future! :D

Thanks for your feedback, however we're still in process of making changes internally to get more resources to develop the peripheral part. We are actively monitoring for bugs and issues and our teams are working hard on this but software development does take time and with the current resources, it's not possible to pump out updates at the speed that some people expecting. I'll update as frequently as possible and try to involve as many interested users in beta testing new versions.

Playgrd
08-01-2017, 09:56 PM
I purchased a Cherry MX Blue Claymore with number keypad back in March It was defective when received, the special function keys (fan speed etc) did not work. RMA'd and sent it to the California Asus service center and waited over two months - no parts no fix. Asus replaced with a Cherry MX brown as told me no blues available. The replacement board had worse problems than the original as many keys did not work or a single key stroke resulted in numerous typed repeat letters. I sent that back under another RMA and received another replacement Claymore Cherry MX Brown keyboard today. Well guess what - when received about 6 keys did not work or worked intermittently. Well after about two hours of typing hundred of times with the defective keys I got about half working. The rest either would not type upon every strike or when struck once typed numerous characters ( one A strke results in 4 A's typed). Needless to say I completed another RMA today and fedex will pick up tomorrow. I enclosed a note asking for replacement with a NEW CHERRY MX BLUE.

BAHZ: What is going on with this keyboard and your service center. I am very disappointed with both. First they cannot seem to repair a Cherry MX Blue and when I do break down and accept a replacement Cherry MX brown it does not work and is replaced by another keyboard that does not work.

Does anyone have a working Claymore??????????????

Bahz
08-02-2017, 02:06 AM
I purchased a Cherry MX Blue Claymore with number keypad back in March It was defective when received, the special function keys (fan speed etc) did not work. RMA'd and sent it to the California Asus service center and waited over two months - no parts no fix. Asus replaced with a Cherry MX brown as told me no blues available. The replacement board had worse problems than the original as many keys did not work or a single key stroke resulted in numerous typed repeat letters. I sent that back under another RMA and received another replacement Claymore Cherry MX Brown keyboard today. Well guess what - when received about 6 keys did not work or worked intermittently. Well after about two hours of typing hundred of times with the defective keys I got about half working. The rest either would not type upon every strike or when struck once typed numerous characters ( one A strke results in 4 A's typed). Needless to say I completed another RMA today and fedex will pick up tomorrow. I enclosed a note asking for replacement with a NEW CHERRY MX BLUE.

BAHZ: What is going on with this keyboard and your service center. I am very disappointed with both. First they cannot seem to repair a Cherry MX Blue and when I do break down and accept a replacement Cherry MX brown it does not work and is replaced by another keyboard that does not work.

Does anyone have a working Claymore??????????????

Sorry to hear about the issues you have with the Claymore. I'm typing to you right now with a perfectly working Claymore, so to answer your question, yes. Did you make sure to push Fn + F1 to make sure the repeat rate is at x1?

Please also check out my guide to find out if you have the hardware requirements and have the correct software installed to get the shortcuts working:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94670-Claymore-Shortcut-Features-Guide

If you're still having issues with our service team, please pass me your S/N, RMA#, and CaseID#s and I'll help further escalate the case. Thanks.

Playgrd
08-02-2017, 02:49 AM
I have a Rampage V Extreme so it has a correct chipset. I have all the appropriate software installed. Also have a Spatha Installed. Some keys worked correctly and others did not. If you could help insure that Support sends me the Cherry MX Blue that I originally ordered and was defective that would help. Also push them to check the keyboard before they ship it to me. Three defective keyboards - two from the Service Center- tells me that quality control is very lax at the center.

Thanks for your assistance.

Bahz
08-02-2017, 07:03 AM
I have a Rampage V Extreme so it has a correct chipset. I have all the appropriate software installed. Also have a Spatha Installed. Some keys worked correctly and others did not. If you could help insure that Support sends me the Cherry MX Blue that I originally ordered and was defective that would help. Also push them to check the keyboard before they ship it to me. Three defective keyboards - two from the Service Center- tells me that quality control is very lax at the center.

Thanks for your assistance.

Sorry I meant to PM me, this info shouldn't be shared over the forum - I have edited the post and deleted the info. I will pass this info over to our service team to follow up on this. Thanks.

DXMarco
08-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Hi Bahz,

I suddenly encountered an issue with the macro which was recently working a few hours ago. I made a simple macro like one on pic and it was perfectly working however suddenly it does not recognize the delay and will press 1 simultaneously then press left click simultaneously like no delay.

Here's what I have done:

1.) Uninstalled ROG Armoury 10127 and used CCleaner
2.) Reinstalled a different version of ROG Armoury 10127
3.) Used a different computer and did the same
4.) Tried different keys like instead of 1 i used 2 and macro assigned on a different key.
5.) Also assigned it on a different MACRO (MACRO01 thru MACRO04).

Macro still does not recognize the delay recorded. How do you go about this issue? I'm at loss. Somehow, the issue is saved maybe on the keyboard itself and not the software.

Bahz
08-04-2017, 02:22 AM
Hi Bahz,

I suddenly encountered an issue with the macro which was recently working a few hours ago. I made a simple macro like one on pic and it was perfectly working however suddenly it does not recognize the delay and will press 1 simultaneously then press left click simultaneously like no delay.

Here's what I have done:

1.) Uninstalled ROG Armoury 10127 and used CCleaner
2.) Reinstalled a different version of ROG Armoury 10127
3.) Used a different computer and did the same
4.) Tried different keys like instead of 1 i used 2 and macro assigned on a different key.
5.) Also assigned it on a different MACRO (MACRO01 thru MACRO04).

Macro still does not recognize the delay recorded. How do you go about this issue? I'm at loss. Somehow, the issue is saved maybe on the keyboard itself and not the software.

I've tested on mine and it's recording the delays properly. Please download the beta version at the link below and try this version.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8hXL86D6YHUU21jVTd0VjMtZVU

DXMarco
08-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Hi Bahz,

Already did that and still does not work. Please see video. 1st video is Macro assigned on the keyboard. 2nd video I assigned the macro on my Gladius II.

So it will show here that the macro got bugged on the CLaymore. All types of macro script I input will not recognize delay when used on Claymore but works when used on Gladius II.

https://youtu.be/nH8pEg_wgUM

https://youtu.be/bfnq3eUA6Sw

Thanks!

ninogui
08-04-2017, 09:19 PM
hi all

just purchased a claymore from local shop

my feeling is it fails a lot if not pressed really hard, as a lot f double presses... Ill give it a few days to see if it loosens up a bit, hopefully, because at this stage I cant hardly write a sentence with no misses .. example "O" almost has t be banged and sometimes doubles up, "S" is hard too, Enter misses once in every 3..
Fn+F1 , reinstalling or whatever made no difference

totally unusable, too me 10 mins to write this!

my serial number is GBMPYH002626 could you please check for probability of this being a bad piece ?
thks

Bahz
08-05-2017, 03:38 AM
Hi Bahz,

Already did that and still does not work. Please see video. 1st video is Macro assigned on the keyboard. 2nd video I assigned the macro on my Gladius II.

So it will show here that the macro got bugged on the CLaymore. All types of macro script I input will not recognize delay when used on Claymore but works when used on Gladius II.

https://youtu.be/nH8pEg_wgUM

https://youtu.be/bfnq3eUA6Sw

Thanks!

It's not showing up the same on my screen and I do see the actual delays and when I push the macros it follows those same delays. I know this might be not the best suggestion but can you reset all profiles to default and try again? You can reset all profiles to factory default settings by holding Fn + Esc for over 10-15 seconds. You will need redo all your profiles again as everything will be cleared out. Before you do that, one last thing to try which I think is unrelated but can't hurt to try is doing Fn+F1 to change repeat rate to x1. It shouldn't be related but if the repeat rate is set to higher than x1, it might also reduce the delay time when recording macros, however logically it shouldn't.

You can also try on-the-fly macro recording to a key to see if it records the delays, this also is working for me.

Macro (R-Alt)
Pressing Fn + R-Alt enables on-the-fly macro recording.
1. The keyboard will flash and indicate that recording has started.
2. Begin recording the macro.
3. Press Fn + R-Alt once to end the recording process, then press the key you wish to assign the macro to.

Bahz
08-05-2017, 03:41 AM
hi all

just purchased a claymore from local shop

my feeling is it fails a lot if not pressed really hard, as a lot f double presses... Ill give it a few days to see if it loosens up a bit, hopefully, because at this stage I cant hardly write a sentence with no misses .. example "O" almost has t be banged and sometimes doubles up, "S" is hard too, Enter misses once in every 3..
Fn+F1 , reinstalling or whatever made no difference

totally unusable, too me 10 mins to write this!

my serial number is GBMPYH002626 could you please check for probability of this being a bad piece ?
thks

You probably have a defective keyboard, I would recommend pushing really hard on the key caps many times. My particular sample which isn't retail, it's a PR sample that had the exact same issue and after using it for a few months now, it no longer double press like it did at first which made it very hard to type with.

If after trying this and it doesn't fix the issue then I would recommend sending it back for RMA or direct replacement with retailer (if still within return/exchange period).

DXMarco
08-05-2017, 05:28 AM
Hi Bahz,

I did try the 1st 2 suggestions before. Fn + Esc and Fn + F1 just to isolate but did not work. I just tried your new suggestion using Fn + R-Alt but it does not seem to record mouse click. Only records keyboard clicks. Any other suggestion? I think I may need to reflash the firmware of the keyboard as a last resort before returning this to the store for RMA. I just do not want to wait 3 weeks for it so I want to try other options. And oh, I don't think I can do looping on this Fn + Alt-R. Here's actually what I wanted to do: Press 1, sleep 1000ms, Left Click mouse, Sleep 1000ms then loopback.

It's not showing up the same on my screen and I do see the actual delays and when I push the macros it follows those same delays. I know this might be not the best suggestion but can you reset all profiles to default and try again? You can reset all profiles to factory default settings by holding Fn + Esc for over 10-15 seconds. You will need redo all your profiles again as everything will be cleared out. Before you do that, one last thing to try which I think is unrelated but can't hurt to try is doing Fn+F1 to change repeat rate to x1. It shouldn't be related but if the repeat rate is set to higher than x1, it might also reduce the delay time when recording macros, however logically it shouldn't.

You can also try on-the-fly macro recording to a key to see if it records the delays, this also is working for me.

Macro (R-Alt)
Pressing Fn + R-Alt enables on-the-fly macro recording.
1. The keyboard will flash and indicate that recording has started.
2. Begin recording the macro.
3. Press Fn + R-Alt once to end the recording process, then press the key you wish to assign the macro to.

Bahz
08-07-2017, 02:58 AM
I'm thinking might be an issue with the keyboard directly, as you mentioned before it was working and recording the delays then it all of a sudden stopped working. It would probably be easier to send it in for RMA to get a new replacement.

DXMarco
08-07-2017, 08:30 PM
RMA is gonna take 2-3 weeks. That's not the easier way. Is there a way to reflash the firmware on the keyboard?

I'm thinking might be an issue with the keyboard directly, as you mentioned before it was working and recording the delays then it all of a
sudden stopped working. It would probably be easier to send it in for RMA to get a new replacement.

Bahz
08-08-2017, 02:11 AM
RMA is gonna take 2-3 weeks. That's not the easier way. Is there a way to reflash the firmware on the keyboard?

I can check with our peripherals team if they have a tool that can do this.

DXMarco
08-08-2017, 09:07 PM
I can check with our peripherals team if they have a tool that can do this.

Thanks, Bahz! I'll wait for your response. Maybe just maybe. This will fix it and make it easier than just returning the hardware for a minor defect which I think can be fixed with a firmware reflash.

Gofran
08-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Hi they everywhere not in stock is there going to be a better batch and wich one is it because i had it returned like 3 times for rma and now i got mine money back

Bahz
08-10-2017, 01:45 AM
Hi they everywhere not in stock is there going to be a better batch and wich one is it because i had it returned like 3 times for rma and now i got mine money back

The stock are still in the process of being refreshed so the ones with some of the previous issues may have still been in the market.

D1cky
08-10-2017, 02:17 PM
Hi Bahz!

Suddenly my ESC stopped working! I realized it has a "macro" on it (i did not set any)!!!!
When I use ESC write these characters step by step: ;.>

I've checked the Armoury for keybindings and macros, the ESC key is on default and no macros at all (please see the attachments)!

Any advice?

66562 66563

Thanks

Gofran
08-10-2017, 07:37 PM
The stock are still in the process of being refreshed so the ones with some of the previous issues may have still been in the market.
ok good to hear when its done can you sent wich numbers to look for so that i can know wich one is the new batch

problems where key not reacting sometimes and numpad few numbers are flashing and getting stuck with light aura sync wile the rest is working and the keyboard was on one colour the last one had al three problems so i decided to wait for another batch

Bahz
08-11-2017, 02:09 AM
Hi Bahz!

Suddenly my ESC stopped working! I realized it has a "macro" on it (i did not set any)!!!!
When I use ESC write these characters step by step: ;.>

I've checked the Armoury for keybindings and macros, the ESC key is on default and no macros at all (please see the attachments)!

Any advice?

66562 66563

Thanks

If the key is binded with a macro by accident, you can remove the macro by doing the following:

*To delete the assigned macro follow these steps:
Step one: Press Fn + R-Alt
Step two: Press the key you want to remove the macro from

Step three: Fn + R-Alt
Step four: Press the key you want to remove the macro from.

Example: if you had set a macro key to the q key and want to remove it, press Fn + R-Alt -> press q once -> Fn + R-Alt -> press q again

Bahz
08-11-2017, 02:12 AM
ok good to hear when its done can you sent wich numbers to look for so that i can know wich one is the new batch

problems where key not reacting sometimes and numpad few numbers are flashing and getting stuck with light aura sync wile the rest is working and the keyboard was on one colour the last one had al three problems so i decided to wait for another batch

I don't think we'll be able to share the S/N or batch numbers as I've asked before and since this model wasn't recalled, just shipments have stopped so to not cause any confusions I was told to tell customers to wait for a few months before purchasing to reduce the chance of getting a keyboard with the possible issues from before. I would recommend trying at the end of August as by then I'm sure by then most of the stock will be completely refreshed. I'll check again with our product manager on that and will confirm with you. Thanks.

Bahz
08-11-2017, 08:34 AM
An update for everyone who wants to know if they purchased new or old stock:

New stock SN will begin with H7/H8/H9, whereas old stock S/N begins with H1/H2/G
New stock have the reddot award sticker on the front of the box

Rewerend
08-11-2017, 09:46 AM
Is there some disadvantage for people who have the old stock, if the buttons works fine?

v1kt0r
08-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Why the red dot award sticker.I didn't see the Claymore in the list of winners.

ROG M9E, yes but definitely no Claymore. I do, however, stand to be corrected.

Gofran
08-11-2017, 05:49 PM
An update for everyone who wants to know if they purchased new or old stock:

New stock SN will begin with H7/H8/H9, whereas old stock S/N begins with H1/H2/G
New stock have the reddot award sticker on the front of the box

thanks for the info

Bahz
08-14-2017, 03:29 AM
Why the red dot award sticker.I didn't see the Claymore in the list of winners.

ROG M9E, yes but definitely no Claymore. I do, however, stand to be corrected.

I think winner for 2016 and not 2017

Bahz
08-14-2017, 03:30 AM
Is there some disadvantage for people who have the old stock, if the buttons works fine?

None at all, just that some of the old stock had some of the issues mentioned before. If you get a perfectly working one then there's really no difference.

Bahz
08-14-2017, 08:45 AM
I was provided with the latest Armoury beta, for those who wish to help beta test this early build, please let me know. I have only sent this out to one person so far, I do however need a few more volunteers who would like to test it out. Once I confirmed with a small number of the people that this version doesn't have any major bugs then I'll share the link with everyone else. Please PM me if you're interested in testing out this beta version. Thanks.

Brighttail
08-14-2017, 04:28 PM
This is only for the Claymore? I'm assuming there is nothing in the Armoury software for the Spatha that is new? If there is I can beta test. I do not have a Claymore.

Rewerend
08-18-2017, 06:00 AM
Hello Bahz, the I can get critical update in atuo update utility in Armoury but I wont install. Is it some sort of update issue? Can you provide some info, thank you.

stna1981
08-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Hello,

I'm from Germany. I placed the order for my ROG Claymore in early april. Since then, I've been waiting for it to be delivered. The availability date was delayed and delayed, first June, then July, now Octobre. ROG support on Facebook was no help, sales support also could not help and only told me that the supply does not match the demand and that it is not sure for Germany whether and when the product might become available again. They also said there is no new revision.

So my question is, can you please tell me what is the current state with the Claymore, esp. in Germany? What happened in the last months where the keyboard was not available and can I still hope to get one in Germany some day?

Best regards

Stefan

mhaeuser
08-19-2017, 12:15 AM
Hey Stefan,

I'm waiting for the Claymore with Browns in Germany and can at least tell you what happened so far...
The Core variant of Reds and Browns was available at the beginning of the year (when you ordered... the numpad was delayed for extra development) and was quickly sold out. A lot were returned as there was a production failure which caused some switches to be deformed and malfunction, which led to ASUS limiting or stopping production. Due to the the amount of reclamations, it was no longer sold by a few stores.
The production issue was not solved by June, which was the month the sales support told me the device would resurface, if I remember correctly. Somewhere between the end of June and the end of July, the production issue must have been solved and it is being stocked up (in a few countries, i guess). Mindfactory had the full Red Claymore listed as 'ordered for 31. Aug. 2017' and Media Markt reported they placed orders for the Black variant (which, for whatever reason, the sales guy expected to be Browns) which should arrive soon-ish, matching what Mindfactory reported.

This is just another example of how much ASUS is incapable of properly assuring the quality of their products. This is not an offense to those testing them, though more to the upper management that does not seem to take any steps (increasing standards, hiring more testers, ...) to get those issues under control. Look at the PG279Q, the Spartha, the RAID DLX, their 7.1 headset and finally this keyboard... I would love to stop buying ASUS products as their QA is beyond horrible, though the sad truth is that there is barely any competition and the ideas behind their products are usually high-end and at times innovative.
The support is terrible as well, which I do not blame on the helpful people like Bahz who spend their time here, though again, on the management not seeing any need to have more than a handful of people who are actually helpful (is there any other ASUS support here except for Bahz?). With products in this price class, having a bunch of Bahz' in the forum should not be a huge problem.

Anyway, if you 'have time' (which you seem to as you ordered in April), then wait on. If you're in a hurry but still really want the keyboard, wait and see if the stock is at least partially back up by the beginning of September (Mindfactory, somewhat Media Markt and Bahz privately confirmed planned shipments around that time). I'll wait till October at most, I guess, except for if there is a good reason to wait even longer.

Regards.

lazoli
08-19-2017, 11:31 PM
First post. I've been reading about some issues people are having with some of the products. I just want to make sure I download the right software. I already have the Aura 1.05.16 installed on my Asus X299 E-Gaming motherboard which I believe is the latest. I just bought a claymore core keyboard from Frys electronics and so far everything is working fine granted I don't have any Armoury installed on my system yet. My question is, which version should I download? As I said I have the claymore core and also Gladius II mouse. The Claymore(not core) has a newer version Armoury software listed on the website. Should I be dowloading that one because it's the latest?

Armoury versions I have found:

Claymore--> 1.02.14
Claymore Core--> 1.01.27
Gladius II-->1.02.07

Thank you.

D1cky
08-20-2017, 12:06 AM
If the key is binded with a macro by accident, you can remove the macro by doing the following:

*To delete the assigned macro follow these steps:
Step one: Press Fn + R-Alt
Step two: Press the key you want to remove the macro from

Step three: Fn + R-Alt
Step four: Press the key you want to remove the macro from.

Example: if you had set a macro key to the q key and want to remove it, press Fn + R-Alt -> press q once -> Fn + R-Alt -> press q again

Thank you very much!

Jimbet45
08-20-2017, 03:31 PM
I got problem with this ROG Claymore . Whenever Im in game especially Dota 2 , when I hold leader board button,it will act like im spamming the key. Actually im just holding the key instead of spamming. But the reaction of the leader board goes like im spamming the key . Also the other key like Caps lock,when im holding the Caps Lock key,it goes like im spamming the key. When i try with other keyboard,it was not happening like that . Any idea ?

Bahz
08-21-2017, 03:19 AM
This is only for the Claymore? I'm assuming there is nothing in the Armoury software for the Spatha that is new? If there is I can beta test. I do not have a Claymore.

Yes, this is just for the Claymore as it was created for the Claymore and untested with other products.

Bahz
08-21-2017, 03:21 AM
Hello,

I'm from Germany. I placed the order for my ROG Claymore in early april. Since then, I've been waiting for it to be delivered. The availability date was delayed and delayed, first June, then July, now Octobre. ROG support on Facebook was no help, sales support also could not help and only told me that the supply does not match the demand and that it is not sure for Germany whether and when the product might become available again. They also said there is no new revision.

So my question is, can you please tell me what is the current state with the Claymore, esp. in Germany? What happened in the last months where the keyboard was not available and can I still hope to get one in Germany some day?

Best regards

Stefan

It isn't exactly a new revision, it's more so they fixed the packaging issue that was causing the switches to deform so they just re-releasing the same version but should no longer be having the same issues as before. From what I know is that most of the stock is being shipped out around mid to late Aug so it should be available in most countries around late Aug or early September.

Bahz
08-21-2017, 03:24 AM
I got problem with this ROG Claymore . Whenever Im in game especially Dota 2 , when I hold leader board button,it will act like im spamming the key. Actually im just holding the key instead of spamming. But the reaction of the leader board goes like im spamming the key . Also the other key like Caps lock,when im holding the Caps Lock key,it goes like im spamming the key. When i try with other keyboard,it was not happening like that . Any idea ?

Sorry I don't really understand what you mean, it sounds very confusing. It sounds like the key is supposed to repeat/loop when held down but it's not but the screen is showing that it is? Yes, your post is very confusing. Try using Fn + F1-F4 keys to change the repeat rate.

Bahz
08-21-2017, 03:29 AM
First post. I've been reading about some issues people are having with some of the products. I just want to make sure I download the right software. I already have the Aura 1.05.16 installed on my Asus X299 E-Gaming motherboard which I believe is the latest. I just bought a claymore core keyboard from Frys electronics and so far everything is working fine granted I don't have any Armoury installed on my system yet. My question is, which version should I download? As I said I have the claymore core and also Gladius II mouse. The Claymore(not core) has a newer version Armoury software listed on the website. Should I be dowloading that one because it's the latest?

Armoury versions I have found:

Claymore--> 1.02.14
Claymore Core--> 1.01.27
Gladius II-->1.02.07

Thank you.

Yes, you should download the Claymore version.

Bahz
08-21-2017, 03:30 AM
Hello Bahz, the I can get critical update in atuo update utility in Armoury but I wont install. Is it some sort of update issue? Can you provide some info, thank you.

Yes, some more details on this issue would be great because I haven't received any other reports of any similar issue so if you can pass over all the details to us then I can pass it over to our software team to look into this.

lazoli
08-21-2017, 05:54 AM
Yes, you should download the Claymore version.

thanks or maybe I'll wait for the new version to come out of beta and use that one? How long before that one is out?

Rewerend
08-21-2017, 09:58 AM
Yes, some more details on this issue would be great because I haven't received any other reports of any similar issue so if you can pass over all the details to us then I can pass it over to our software team to look into this.

I have the beta already installed, maybe it can cause issue. But If you can provide installer .exe file I will try to install, maybe it can fix issue. Or I can try clean uninstall and then install. So this new version is now nonBeta?

nbtc971
08-22-2017, 05:29 AM
I've already given this feedback in the product feedback forum but I wanted to say it here as well.

I'm a big supporter of ROG and have been for my last 3 builds. I'm not disgruntled or angry, I just want Asus to know why they aren't going to get my money in this instance so that hopefully in the next iteration of the Claymore, the oversight will be fixed.

I'm 49 years old, have been gaming since my dad bought the old Telestar and connected it up to the TV. Been hooked since my Atari 2600 and sneaking around searching for what games I was going to get for Christmas (really mom, you hide my gifts under your bed? I was 12, not retarded). All this to say, I'm still a competitive gamer, but the ole parts don't work as well as they used to. Namely, I have arthritis in my hands and wrists, without a wrist rest I would, eventually, be in too much pain to continue gaming with my buddies if it were longer than an hour session. What respectable gamer games for 60 minutes and then needs a salt bath and massage?

So that is the only issue I have and why I will be getting the Corsair K95. I like Corsair as well, but ROG is my brand. Disappointed you didn't keep us feeble 1st generation gamers in mind.

Thanks.

fed_olivera
08-22-2017, 03:54 PM
Do anyone know why is this product still without stock everywhere and when it will become restocked with a new revision without problems?

Bahz
08-23-2017, 05:46 AM
I have the beta already installed, maybe it can cause issue. But If you can provide installer .exe file I will try to install, maybe it can fix issue. Or I can try clean uninstall and then install. So this new version is now nonBeta?

So you already have version 1.02.15 installed? I don't remember sending it to you.

Bahz
08-23-2017, 05:49 AM
Do anyone know why is this product still without stock everywhere and when it will become restocked with a new revision without problems?

Most countries have new shipments being shipped out from factory around mid to late August, so majority of the stock should arrive at distributors around early to mid September.

Bahz
08-23-2017, 05:50 AM
I've already given this feedback in the product feedback forum but I wanted to say it here as well.

I'm a big supporter of ROG and have been for my last 3 builds. I'm not disgruntled or angry, I just want Asus to know why they aren't going to get my money in this instance so that hopefully in the next iteration of the Claymore, the oversight will be fixed.

I'm 49 years old, have been gaming since my dad bought the old Telestar and connected it up to the TV. Been hooked since my Atari 2600 and sneaking around searching for what games I was going to get for Christmas (really mom, you hide my gifts under your bed? I was 12, not retarded). All this to say, I'm still a competitive gamer, but the ole parts don't work as well as they used to. Namely, I have arthritis in my hands and wrists, without a wrist rest I would, eventually, be in too much pain to continue gaming with my buddies if it were longer than an hour session. What respectable gamer games for 60 minutes and then needs a salt bath and massage?

So that is the only issue I have and why I will be getting the Corsair K95. I like Corsair as well, but ROG is my brand. Disappointed you didn't keep us feeble 1st generation gamers in mind.

Thanks.

I was updated about 2 weeks ago that we plan to release a wrist release that will be sold separately for the ROG Claymore. However, I wasn't provided a timeline so I didn't want to share this until I had this part confirmed.

v1kt0r
08-25-2017, 05:25 PM
^^^
I'm with Quote Originally Posted by nbtc971 View Post

Thanks.

^^^^
I'm with nbtc971

I have an old Corsair K90 which has served well but is due an update.

It may not have flashy RGB but it has macros I require, age related, and it came with a wrist rest included.

It's very disappointing when a brand "parts out" the components of a very costly item to increase it's revenue stream.

The Claymore really should have come with a wrist rest included especially at it's price point. A premium item from a premium brand.

I still have a Claymore on pre-order, hoping it doesn't turn out to be the hardware equivalent of DukeNukem, because I like the gear.

Unfortunately the Claymore saga is leaving a sour taste at the moment, however, I'm anticpating a postive, more minty, outcome once ROG get their act together.

leekimah
08-26-2017, 07:45 AM

Hi! I had this problem too. If you have windows 10. Go to Ease of Access keyboard settings and look for Filter Keys. Toggle it off.

Please tell me if this helped you.
Thanks!

nbtc971
08-26-2017, 10:02 AM
I was updated about 2 weeks ago that we plan to release a wrist release that will be sold separately for the ROG Claymore. However, I wasn't provided a timeline so I didn't want to share this until I had this part confirmed.

That's good news considering I just blew my wad on a new Strix 1070 instead of a new keyboard, so a Claymore purchase is still possible if I get some more information on the wrist rest before I've saved my pennies and am able to purchase the K95.

Also, for anyone googling 'Telestar' my memory failed me, it was the 70's after all. The name of the game console was Telstar. My bad.

AlexTheRepublican
08-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Dear ASUS,

Please.

Thank you,

-Your loyal consumers

That would be a great addition to your amazing system

Rewerend
08-29-2017, 11:41 AM
Hello Bahz,
You can see Armoury in my system, I cannot edit almost everything.
Customize and Lighting is empty as you can see. Am I only one who have same experience on beta version?

Bahz
08-30-2017, 03:30 AM
Hello Bahz,
You can see Armoury in my system, I cannot edit almost everything.
Customize and Lighting is empty as you can see. Am I only one who have same experience on beta version?

Not happening for me so I would have to say it's definitely either an issue with your keyboard or there's some kind of driver conflict on your system preventing the software from working properly with the keyboard.

New version 1.02.17 should be released within the next couple of days, before then you can download this version at this link below:
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/8D9F26BE138048DEB0767D04FFFC3D21Y

Rewerend
08-30-2017, 06:14 AM
Not happening for me so I would have to say it's definitely either an issue with your keyboard or there's some kind of driver conflict on your system preventing the software from working properly with the keyboard.

New version 1.02.17 should be released within the next couple of days, before then you can download this version at this link below:
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/8D9F26BE138048DEB0767D04FFFC3D21Y

But I tried non beta driver 1.01.27 and everything works. So It shloud not be a damage of HW?
I normally uninstall beta driver then restart and get an older one and it works. I will try a new beta and see what comes...

Rewerend
09-01-2017, 06:41 AM
But I tried non beta driver 1.01.27 and everything works. So It shloud not be a damage of HW?
I normally uninstall beta driver then restart and get an older one and it works. I will try a new beta and see what comes...

Same Issue with new beta. I am wonder of the FW can be in conflict. Can you provide me which SW version and FW version do you use ? Thanks.

Bahz
09-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Software Version: 1.02.17
80% Firmware Version: 1.07.01

I'm thinking the issue you're having is an IC issue on the keyboard and you probably need to get it replaced because I can't replicate the issue.

bms44
09-06-2017, 02:42 AM
Just wanted to post my experience here and say thanks to this thread. Just bought a brand new Claymore off of someone and was disappointed it wasn't working. It was choppy and missing characters when I typed, however I read the post where someone mentioned a "break in" time. Shot in the dark but I went and pressed each key 20 times in a row and can now type on it just fine. Only disappointing part left is how expensive the Numpad is, but I will get used to not having one.

Other than that happy with this keyboard so far.

Rewerend
09-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Software Version: 1.02.17
80% Firmware Version: 1.07.01

I'm thinking the issue you're having is an IC issue on the keyboard and you probably need to get it replaced because I can't replicate the issue.

Okay can you tell me what is the IC issue? So what can I do with that? How can be SW connected so much with the HW? I tried everything reset my custom profiles cccleaner after uinstall etc. So my only solution is to brigh to the shop and explain that problems that with SW it cannot work, if so I go asap. Thank you and also thanks for a new drivers but not for me at this time :/

Bahz
09-07-2017, 01:50 AM
I wanted to provide an update that the separate NUMPAD addon will be released around early-mid November for most countries.