PDA

View Full Version : Dark colors on G752VS are way too dark?

ryancole
09-23-2016, 02:32 AM
I recently purchased a G752VS laptop. Everything about it has been great, so far, except the monitor.
The bright colors look fine, but the dark colors are very dark. It's actually difficult to so noticeable that
sometimes it can be difficult to make out what's on that area of the screen, etc.

This is even noticeable while gaming. It's noticeable outside of gaming, such as websites, or even my
desktop background. In general, the darks are just way too dark. If this were a standalone monitor, I'd
return it for a different one.

Has anybody else experienced this? I read online that the laptop had great color. One article even said
it handled darks really well. I'm hoping I didn't get a busted monitor, because it's only slightly annoying
enough that I may be too lazy to get it replaced. lol

httuner
09-23-2016, 04:22 AM
I recently purchased a G752VS laptop. Everything about it has been great, so far, except the monitor.
The bright colors look fine, but the dark colors are very dark. It's actually difficult to so noticeable that
sometimes it can be difficult to make out what's on that area of the screen, etc.

This is even noticeable while gaming. It's noticeable outside of gaming, such as websites, or even my
desktop background. In general, the darks are just way too dark. If this were a standalone monitor, I'd

Has anybody else experienced this? I read online that the laptop had great color. One article even said
it handled darks really well. I'm hoping I didn't get a busted monitor, because it's only slightly annoying

You actually want that darkness; it only shows its a high quality screen_ You can however adjust the contrast? That may help? Or go mess around with the color calibration in your display settings.

volors
09-23-2016, 03:09 PM

You are correct , when I formatted mine with new windows without NVidia drivers, the colors looked fine, but as soon as I installed NVidia drivers and opened internet explorer, it looked brownish(bit dark) to me, as I have 3 different machines could tell the difference, then just adjusted them in NVidia control panel, all good now.

ryancole
09-29-2016, 04:06 AM
Alright, I found the color calibration settings, via Windows. I went through the calibration process and the color looks so much better. But, when I reboot
the color settings just go back to this terribly dark setting. Also, when I launch a game the colors will revert back to the dark setting. I can't seem to get the
good settings to stay enabled.

Any ideas?

ryancole
09-29-2016, 04:24 AM
I think I found the solution. Supposedly this laptop came pre-installed with some software called "ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology". I uninstalled this, and it looks like now WIndows' color calibration settings remain.