PDA

View Full Version : 6F Q-Code on well performing build

Mad_Scientist565
09-26-2016, 10:02 PM
I just realized my computer has said this code every day for a while. I didnt think to check it because the machine is running good. Everything benchmarks like its supposed to, and the clock speeds are all where they are supposed to be as well.

Anyways, the manual says code 6F is a system agent dxe initialization. I found a few people on google with this same problem and the only resolution was "update the bios"

anyone know why i could have this error?

btw... its always seem this board has had issues with the ram speed agreeing with the post. the ram is runing at 2666 right now (its 3333binned 32gb dominator platinum)

i wanted to under volt it an run it slower.. but anyways, the bios says its at 2400... so... idk... maybe its a glitch, maybe thats what its supposed to do.

Mad_Scientist565
09-28-2016, 12:32 PM
bump

Nate152
09-30-2016, 01:39 AM
Hi Mad_Scientist565

Since noone responded I'll see if I can help you. Are you sure the code is 6F and not bF? 6F will have the line across the top of the 6.

If it is bF it is a memory related error and I'm a little surprised it's working fine with that code.

If the bios is showing the ram at 2400MHz that's what it's running at. You should be able to get it running at its rated specs and you may need to raise the cpu vccio voltage and the cpu system agent voltage a little, you may need to raise the Dram voltage a touch as well.

You can also try updating the bios as you suggest.

Give us an update at anytime.

Not_Enough_Rage
10-06-2016, 12:55 AM
My board is showing a Q-code bF as well. :eek: It`s been like that since I got a new MB back from an RMA. I thought this was a normal Q-code.
Do I need to adjust DRAM voltage? I have the latest BIOS, ver. 1902. I am not overclocking at present. Have`nt had the time to tweak it since I got the MB back.