PDA

View Full Version : G750JM USB Printer Problem in Win 7 Pro

Greatwhitewing
09-27-2016, 08:20 PM
G750JM, 16 G ram, 500G Samsung SDD, Win 7 Pro. Cheapo Canon MG2120 printer

Printer worked with this computer prior to HD crash. Installed new SDD and reinstalled OS to win 7 pro, same as before crash.
USB works for all other devices I have tried (wireless mouse, external drive, cameras etc) and printer works with another computer using same cable.

When installing printer driver it gets to the point where it is trying to find the printer and cannot and times out. Tried multiple manual ports.

I have the latest USB driver from Asus and windows update is up to date.

I seem to recall some weirdness with USB and win7 from my initial OS install but have no notes and can't find anything online.

Appreciate any help and thanks in advance

Greatwhitewing
10-02-2016, 03:23 PM
I this dead or do I have bad breath?

I think this is the third time I have asked a legit question and gotten no help at all.

This site used to be helpful, now just a **** hole. Sionaro

Clintlgm
10-03-2016, 02:44 AM
Yes with windows 7 we used the USB drivers from Intel website, that has more to do with USB 3.0 however. My guess is the issue is with your printer or cable. Have you installed the latest chipset Inf files? Your printer should have worked with the generic driver supplied with windows. I have a cannon 2900 series cheapo, had issues getting to work correctly on my g75 and my wife's HP all in one but we access it through WiFi so my solution won't help you.