PDA

View Full Version : G752 VT Wifi keeps disappearing

MarshR
09-30-2016, 12:15 PM
Hi all :) I hope someone can shed some light on an issue I seem to be having.

It mainly started a week ago or so, It more or less started after I updated windows 10 as well as using the Fn + F2 key to toggle airplane mode. The wifi did come back on after I switched back
I noticed I completely lost the wifi connection. After trying to update drivers etc, I reset the PC to factory settings which seemed to solve the issue until a couple of days ago. The wifi connection comes and goes and seems to be very random, I can either power up and it be there and once the laptop restarts it disappears or it just isnít there when powered up.

I have checked device manager and I have noticed that occasionally the intel Wireless 7625 AC driver is hidden with a fault advising code 45 - reconnect this hardware device to the computer.
Has anyone had any similar issues? I donít really want to be sending it away to RMA if Iím able to resolve it myself as it seems like a software issue rather than hardware as it does work sometimes but I may be wrong?

MarshR
09-30-2016, 04:31 PM
Just to update..

Was working earlier, turned on this evening and wifi connection gone.
Updated driver from the intel website
Restarted laptop and still no connection, even tried switching off.
Went into device manager and removed intel wireless AC 7625 with driver software.
Turned laptop off, turned on and now wifi connection appears?

This is really started to boggle my mind...as no doubt if i restart I will once again loose the wifi connection

RuisuL12
10-01-2016, 05:01 AM
Just to update..

Was working earlier, turned on this evening and wifi connection gone.
Updated driver from the intel website
Restarted laptop and still no connection, even tried switching off.
Went into device manager and removed intel wireless AC 7625 with driver software.
Turned laptop off, turned on and now wifi connection appears?

This is really started to boggle my mind...as no doubt if i restart I will once again loose the wifi connection

I have this issue too, I thought was the only one, did al the same thing like you, and is starting to be anoying. One thing I could see from all the things I have try, is that if only one network is registered, it stay conected without problems, the time you add another network it start to disable the adapter and have to reboot.

MarshR
10-01-2016, 08:19 AM
Ah okay, well I don't even try and add another connection. I only use Ethernet when the wifi goes down.

It seems like it may be a common problem then, how old is yours? Have you spoken to RMA about it?

JustinThyme
10-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Not common at all, two out of a million is pretty slim.
Does your BT come and go too or just Wifi?
Adapters do take a crap now and then and are cheap and easy to replace. 15 min job with a 10 minute coffee break in the middle. If its just WiFi Id be looking at the keyboard and drivers. If you lose BT as well could be the card. If I want to shut off WiFi I normally just click on the taskbar icon and do it from there and leave the rest alone. I just tried mine and when going to AP mode you shou;d have an AP icon in place of the WiFi icon.

MarshR
10-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Not common at all, two out of a million is pretty slim.
Does your BT come and go too or just Wifi?
Adapters do take a crap now and then and are cheap and easy to replace. 15 min job with a 10 minute coffee break in the middle. If its just WiFi Id be looking at the keyboard and drivers. If you lose BT as well could be the card. If I want to shut off WiFi I normally just click on the taskbar icon and do it from there and leave the rest alone. I just tried mine and when going to AP mode you shou;d have an AP icon in place of the WiFi icon.

Thank you for your reply.

The bluetooth still seems to be working and that never shows up code 45 when the intel wireless AC 7625 shows up that error.

Can i ask why you mentioned the keyboard?
As for the drivers, I have tried almost every single one available from both Intel and Asus.

And thats correct once I did toggled the airplane mode, the AP replaced the wifi icon in the task tray. Don't worry, I'll never use airplane mode again.

I am confident with replacing the wifi card as this would be much easier for me to do rather then sending away etc however I feel this may void my warranty and with it only being 9 months old with warranty remaining, I'm very reluctant to do.

I am noticing that it only happens when the laptop switches off and back on again. As I just did a restart and the wifi was still active however after switching it off and back on, I am gettinge code 45 for the wireless AC 7625.

RuisuL12
10-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Ah okay, well I don't even try and add another connection. I only use Ethernet when the wifi goes down.

It seems like it may be a common problem then, how old is yours? Have you spoken to RMA about it?

Almost a year, and I dont think to RMA, cause since I update windows 10 I started to see this problem, and Bluetooth its working, windows update had mess with something I think

JustinThyme
10-02-2016, 02:59 AM
I asked about the keyboard in case the AP mode is sticking.
I asked about BT because its on the same WiFi card.

It wont void your warranty if they don't know about it. There are no seals and these machines are easy to pop open, takes like 5 minutes to pop the keyboard up, dont even have to take it all the way off to get to the wifi card that sits right under the M2 key or there abouts.

MarshR
10-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Well all day yesterday, I had no issues, but today welcomed no wifi connection with the same code 45 error. From doing a lot of researching across forums I may change it for another wifi card.

MrRuckus
10-03-2016, 10:40 PM
There's a known issue with wake up/hibernation and that Intel card. Its not only ROG laptops but any laptop with this specific Intel AC card. It sucks because its the newest Intel card out I believe. Normally Intel NIC chips are solid, but this one is not. My laptop never goes into sleep mode or hibernation, so I never experience the issue. But I have seen it on multiple machines. A Sony VAIO, and an HP both with this same card.

RuisuL12
10-29-2016, 08:00 PM
I think this driver fix the wifi issue, WLAN_Intel_Win10_64_VER183205, the one on asus G752VT driver page, I used it for a week now and no random disabled adapter since then. Just to give feedback to this thread if someone runs on this issue