PDA

View Full Version : N55SF Laptop Shutdown question / Issue

mld218
01-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Hello and Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

I have a 2 week old N55SF laptop that will not shut down. When I click shutdown in Windows 7 it only reboots. It appears for sleep and hibernate properly as well as restart. Connected to the laptop is an external monitor and several usb devices both USB 2 and USB 3 posts are being used. I am wondering if it could have anything to do with having devices plugged into the USB ports? Thanks for any help you can give.

Mike

mld218
01-01-2012, 01:50 AM
OK here is a little more information to go on. I believe I narrowed the issue down to the USB 3.0 ports. I have a plextor PX-LB950UE connected to 1 usb 3.0 port and an external LG drive connected to the other USB 3.0 port. I clicked the poer switch to off on both of them and then clicked the shutdown button in windows and the laptop shutdown properly. It definately seems like it has something to do with the USB 3.0 ports or maybe just one of them.

I looked in the device manager but didn't see anything specifically listed as USB 3.0 to try and determine if the latest drivers are installed.

_
01-04-2012, 02:29 AM
Hey MLD218

It's probably because the external devices have no low power state if they have their own on-switch that they are maybe keeping the PC from shutting all the peripherals down. The N55SF has USB Charger+ software, maybe try uninstalling that and any other USB 3 software if you don't need it.