PDA

View Full Version : Rog Spatha doesn t activade.

RotFuchs
10-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Hello guys.

I resently bought the Spatha Mouse. I realy like it but i have one anoying problem. Sometimes when i plug in with the cable or into the charging dock it does not re activate when i want to use it again in wireless mode.
It will light up short and then go of. To re activate it i have to shut the mouse of and unplug the dock mini USB . then plug it in again and start the mouse.
This error has acoured even at my Parents PC, so it is not specificaly my PC that has this error.
Mouse Firmware 1.49
Dock Firmware 1.24
Software version 2.108

i hope someone can help me solving this issue.

MFG Timo

28BeersLater
10-19-2016, 01:37 PM
I also have this issue, but on system boot.

I use my mouse in wireless mode 100% of the time (unless the battery has died).
Probably twice a week I boot my PC and there is no mouse movement. (or lights)
I need to either unplug it or re plug it in to get it working, or turn it off and then back on again on the mouse switch.

Slightly frustrating considering this is in the top price bracket for wireless mice!

-hetz-
11-14-2016, 08:22 PM
I also have the same problem on boot(wireless mode). And the only fix for me is re plug the USB cable.
I returned the mice to the store for service and they didn`t find anything wrong with the mice.
I don`t know what else to do, it`s a "little" annoying that every time i turn on my PC in order to use my mice i need to unplug - re plug the USB cable.

Bahz
11-15-2016, 04:40 AM
I already reported this issue to our PM, I'm not sure if this happens to everyone but I currently have lost my dock for my Spatha so it's plugged in all the time. When I did have the dock I didn't notice this issue.

Severan
01-25-2017, 09:23 PM
I also have this issue but it's more like 50 or 70 percent of the reboots. It's annoying, and as stated, this mouse ain't cheap. If there's anything the dev team needs me to perform to check this issue pleae get in contact with me, I'm more than willing to help out.

pt7272
02-13-2017, 01:46 AM
I also have this issue but it's more like 50 or 70 percent of the reboots. It's annoying, and as stated, this mouse ain't cheap. If there's anything the dev team needs me to perform to check this issue pleae get in contact with me, I'm more than willing to help out.

I am also having same issue, I have to up plug and reconnect the mini cable, in order for it to activate again.

JustinThyme
02-13-2017, 02:48 AM
Haven't had this issue but I'm only on day two with the latest armory that actually was downloaded from the claymore page (newer that what's on the spatha page) and latest firmware. I also have armory set to launch at start up as I noted the settings went to default several times when I didn't. I'll certainly be watching for this as when you drop this much $$ less than 100% isn't an option when an MX master worked perfectly for a few years.

JustinThyme
02-13-2017, 04:45 PM
Today my mouse worked fine but had to unplug the USB cable and reattach on my brand new less than 48 hours old Claymore core.

Crasje
03-25-2017, 10:31 AM
Same for me....

I have the mouse plugged in the back of my PG348Q, I actually had to move it to a USB port on my desktop. I agree with the top of the line remark,

I just send back the ROG Claymore for Key's that sometimes don't work and the fact the software crashed for updating. Spending almost 400 euro on a cool setup and both machines are faulty... Thats really really bad from a customer point of view.

I pay for quality then I expect quality

-hetz-
03-25-2017, 10:58 AM
Just a little update from me, I changed my motherboard from VIII Ranger to IX Formula and I have my dock plugged in USB 2.0 port on the motherboard, mice now works fine, with no problems.

XIIIIX
03-26-2017, 03:13 AM
Rest assured, it`s not only Asus .......
I jumped over on the Asus train, as Cors... gave me 3x a faulty KB and troublesome mouse.
Not to mention the trouble with drivers and FW...

As up to now, it`s still working fine for me over here :p

Crasje
03-27-2017, 05:41 AM
Just a little update from me, I changed my motherboard from VIII Ranger to IX Formula and I have my dock plugged in USB 2.0 port on the motherboard, mice now works fine, with no problems.*

Hmmm My Spatha is on the 2.0 port and I have to unplug -plug it almost every time...

XIIIIX
04-01-2017, 11:03 PM

Hmmm My Spatha is on the 2.0 port and I have to unplug -plug it almost every time...

Do you use it wired or wire-less?

Crasje
04-07-2017, 06:39 AM
I am using it wireless.

I thinking of putting an USB extension cable on it so I don't have to get behind my PC to unplug/replug it to make it work.

Unfortunately it is not working 50-60% of the time.

I am in contact with Bahz who is also in this thread and their Product Manager is working on it. So all we can do is wait. *

Severan
04-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Well, here's an interesting coincidence, I have this issue as well. I have some further info though since I documented it a bunch of times out of boredom:
out of 100 reboots /on off cycles, the spatha does not work in wireless from the start in 37 of those reboots and I have to unplug / plug the dock for it to work again. Turning the mouse on off does not, nor does the syncing button. plugging the mouse via usb makes it work but the dock remains turned off. (I'm having the issue right this very moment, freaking annoying since the cable is short and I use it for charging the smartphone.)
It even happens if I don't turn off the PC. Out of those 100 documented reboots I mentioned, the mouse stopped working in wireless mode several times when placed on the dock and left by itself for an extended period of time. E.g.: I stopped working, placed mouse on dock for charging and went for a jog. Came back, no mouse. I ddn't take note how often this happened but now I'm wishing I had.

Things I tried to do and confirmed to work:
After booting the PC and confirmed the mouse wasn't working in wireless mode, unpluging and repluging the dock always work. This isn't a fix, it's damage control. It needs to be addressed.

What doesn't work:
Uninstall and reinstall armoury (went to ASUS website for the latest version). Nearly bricked the mouse. Seriously, you guys need to work on these drivers. Bloody thing stopped recognizing the dock and had to work with the generic drivers for the mouse for over an hour, with several boots to safe mode and was stuck in the "uninstaling" loop, afterwards it kept saying it had updates to do, i rebooted it like 10 times... This isn't even funny when I consider we're talking about a mouse. If you can uninstall and reinstall the drivers 5 times without issues I'll say you aern't installing them like the end user does and I'd like to humbly ask for an instructional manual on how to use ASUS drivers (I'm also going to extend this to the AI Suite. Thing is buggy as all hell combined.)

Syncing the dock / mouse via the back and bottom buttons repectively does nothing to turn on the wireless dock.
Plugging the mouse to USB. this only makes it work as USB, the dock remains off. So it doesn't fix the isue.

I have rebooted the pc twice today and dock remains off. I gave up and I'm using the cable, but this is a disgrace for the trust I put on ASUS at this point. No amount of hype or marketing is going to change this, Client Support needs to address this instead.

Other PCs. I have three ASUS motherboards and two mice. Funny thing, one ASUS motherboard did not work with the other G950 asus mouse. Black screen and had to reflash the original firmware, I'd like to mention the trust subject again here. So I tried the mouse in all of ASUS motherboards and the problem happens in all of them. Also tried one gigabyte and can confirm it also happens but the experience is negligible (happened once and assumed the problem lies in the mouse/dock combo).

Regardinfg the use of USB 2 or 3 ports. No difference. Happens in both. I haven't cared to try and understand how often, I simply got fed it with having to get up to reach the back of the pc to replug it so I started switching the ports constantly, and I've done that several times at this point, so it's not that either.

Food for thought:
This came to mind after posting the original comment. So, after the PC turns off, and my mouse is in the dock, the lights keep blinking and doing whatever they are programmed to. Afterwards, like next day, the battery is at 100% so it's clearly getting power. So why does the dock turn off? Is it posible for a software hack to turn off some kind off power saving measure from the dock and keep it on all the time, synced with the mouse?

At this point We all have a 160 euro wireless /cable mouse that only works both ways around 37% of the times. Please fix?

Cheers...

Edit: Clarification added regarding USB 2 and 3 and an extra food for thought point.
Edit 2:
Might a well share this. My motherboard is an ASUS Maximus VIII Hero with the 2002 firmware. (well the 2xxx something, there's only one.)
If something is working on this try this setup to see if it's hardware linked somewhere.
Edit3 :
This is a bit ridiculous but seing as I have a bit of time to spare let me go "balls deep". So my router is a optic fiber with the ONT inside, glued to the wall and about 50 cm close to the dock. Rebooted two times, no fix, so it's not interference (there's nothing half as pontent as this router is seeing how close together they are.)
The mouse and dock tried to sync for a couple of seconds apparently though. Both were bliking their lights until both turned off and nothing happened. Bummer...
Edit 4: Rememebered about the issues I had with the latest drivers after I went to confirm if there were newer ones. The "will uninstall the current driver and the following instalation will install the latest ones" was broken for me, every time it booted it said it had to uninstall the driver. After I fixed that one it kept saying the deviced had updates. Then mouse wasn't responsive at all... Now that I think about all this I feel like returning the mouse again.

More experiments:
Updated the BIOS to 3401 version, latest one currently. no difference. Running all BIOS options stock just in case.
Mouse stopped responding even in USB after a couple of reboots. The more I try to understand what the issue is the more it breaks.

Here's a couple of videos and pictures detailing my adventure:
With PC turned off (yes I keep the mobo lights on when turned off... I don't think that there's even an option to turn that off but whatever) the mouse lights are still turned on:
(please look at the CPU fan to confirm that it is turned off)

With PC turned on, the dock stays off:
(please look at the CPU fan to confirm that it is turned on)

While trying different things like syncing, plugging USB cable to mouse (which eventually it stops working even... fml...):
Turning it off and on again doesn't work:

https://youtu.be/aop07pz5bHY
Rebooting doesn't either:

https://youtu.be/XmLH7PgeqDo
Syncing lights all over the place but someone clearly is missing the hole somewhere...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_b4NSY7Ecg
Now the USB cable doesn't work... Also unplugged the dock and it doesn't work either...

https://youtu.be/qXikXWBSS4Y

GG 160 euro mouse. GG...

Btw, fixed it after unplugging everything and rebooting without a mouse, lots of tabbing involved, shutdown pc, replugged and turned it on.

Crasje
04-10-2017, 09:32 PM
thats exactly what I have... well the warrenty is 2 years I think? :)

Severan
04-11-2017, 06:06 AM
But seeing how you have to return your mouse and currently I have no replacement It kind of stops me From returning it and just endure it. Besides it was a Xmas present bought in another city. It totally sucks for me, really. I could ship it but then you're adding more delay time. Meh...

Crasje
04-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Update Guys, I have been asked to test beta software to see if it is improving and I can say it has!

It has only not worked once out of 8 boots! That's a major improvement for me. Unfortunately, I can't share the beta software, but if you want to know who I got it from, send me a message, they might want more people to test with.

Severan
04-23-2017, 11:14 PM
Update Guys, I have been asked to test beta software to see if it is improving and I can say it has!

It has only not worked once out of 8 boots! That's a major improvement for me. Unfortunately, I can't share the beta software, but if you want to know who I got it from, send me a message, they might want more people to test with.
Well, after my wall of text it better have helped someone out there xD

Hoy @Bahz send me the software to try it out on my end, I offer my soul as a beta tester :) And please, tell the guys at ROG to add a way for us to change the speed of the lightning? Really odd you can select the Color cycling but can't say how fast or slow it actually cycles.. :(

Bahz
04-26-2017, 02:22 AM
Well, after my wall of text it better have helped someone out there xD

Hoy @Bahz send me the software to try it out on my end, I offer my soul as a beta tester :) And please, tell the guys at ROG to add a way for us to change the speed of the lightning? Really odd you can select the Color cycling but can't say how fast or slow it actually cycles.. :(

Thanks for your feedback and regarding the beta testing because internally they're probably already on different version but I haven't received that version from them. If I get an updated beta firmware or software then I will also send it to you to try out. Thanks.

Crasje
05-12-2017, 06:57 AM
Hi All,

I am assisting in testing (I dont work with ROG, I wish for the employee discount), have received a second Beta version of the software and can say that the issue is much less frequent, but still there.

I'd like to connect the mouse to my monitor to have less cables running and unplug - plugging-in USB is not very practical. Current I have a USB cable extension in to facilitate the unplug-plugging-in.

Will keep you guys updated on any progress I am allowed to be part of

Brighttail
05-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Can someone tell me what version of software/firmware/dock firmware is the latest? I'm being told by the software while in wireless mode my firmware needs to be updated and plug in my mouse. I do but then there is nothing.

Thanks.

Clayster
12-27-2017, 04:49 AM
1. Mouse connecting is loose right out of the box, can't put wire in too far or not far enough. (light come on for a second when i got close to getting it.)
2. Windows 10 was picking mouse as just (Gaming mouse) and not as (ROG Spatha).
3. Aura sync was not picking up mouse.
4. Armoury was not even picking up mouse sometime. (but this could have been when windows 10 was not picking it as a gaming mouse only, can't remember, wasn't even looking i guess.)
5. Even at times it told me the usb was using too much power to work.

How i fixed this, first i can live with the bad mouse connecting, i use it for wireless only and another mouse for gaming anyways. It does work, but i hate playing with it.
While start with uninstalling everything, even Aura sync software. remove hardware and devices. then shutdown the pc and start it up again. Now first make sure to plugging in the mouse, but the mouse power switch is turned off. Now check window devices, and make sure your mouse shows up as ROG Spatha, i guess you can plugging in the ROG Receiver too(why not).
After devices show up good, install firmware and Armoury, might have to do this first if your devices don't show up right. You might even have to disable windows updates, when doing all this, i did. As for installing the receiver firmware, you may need to unplug the mouse and turn the mouse power switch on.

After you get the mouse and receiver working , now the Aura sync problem, installing Aura sync, but as you can see, your mouse might not show up, to fix this, after installing the software, i just shutdown the pc and turn it back on, then it show up. I got it all working fine, the MB,GPU,keyboard and mouse all in sync.

Here is my finished Asus ROG Build, but i need to take some newer pic here soon, https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/DGP323