PDA

View Full Version : Rog G501vw not turning on :(

niteshneela
10-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Hi Rog Community

My Asus g501vw suddenly shut down while on charge and doesnt turn on . It keeps on bootlooping ( fan runs - turns on - no display - powers down ) when i press the power button the light shows up on power button/caps lock button but there is no display or bios. If I leave it charged it keeps on restarting and heats up
what might be the possible Issue ? Its out of warranty and how much do u think Rog is gonna charge me to fix it :(

Julskey
10-09-2016, 04:30 AM
Hi Rog Community

My Asus g501vw suddenly shut down while on charge and doesnt turn on . It keeps on bootlooping ( fan runs - turns on - no display - powers down ) when i press the power button the light shows up on power button/caps lock button but there is no display or bios. If I leave it charged it keeps on restarting and heats up
what might be the possible Issue ? Its out of warranty and how much do u think Rog is gonna charge me to fix it :(

Let it cool down for a while with no charger plugged in. Then try restarting. Have you tried holding power button for 30 seconds? Can you enter bios? If not, it's time for service.

niteshneela
10-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Let it cool down for a while with no charger plugged in. Then try restarting. Have you tried holding power button for 30 seconds? Can you enter bios? If not, it's time for service.

tried every troubleshoot method . Gave it to canada computers and they said the motherboard has to be replaced :( Oh god y

cl-Albert
10-12-2016, 05:43 PM
This may not really be the problem, but make sure to try one memory module at a time in different slots just to make sure it's not a bad module or slot on the motherboard (which you might be able to avoid if you don't want to pay to fix the entire unit).