PDA

View Full Version : Asus GPU Tweak2 Ver1.3.9.7 is out!

Defin4ar
10-19-2016, 07:15 PM
Asus GPU Tweak2 Version 1.3.9.7 on your support video card sites.

No changelog is available

File size: 34,75Mb

Date published: 2016/10/19

Grabbed mine on R9 270X site and saw it also on the DUAL-RX480-O4G web page.

Edit:
Installed fine, to me works better than v13.6.0 at logon.
I've also noticed that the check box "Apply settings each time GPU Tweak II starts" is enable by default.

At quick look, different Modes gives me the right values. Live Update Icon shows in system tray but no balloon tip.

nonspin
10-20-2016, 02:57 AM
Now, a proper task is created to trigger auto-start, replacing the ASGT service.
In prior versions on W7x64, the InstallShield process failed to create the task - fixed now.

Therefore, ASGT is not needed anymore.

All issues i've reported earlier are null and void.

lopezoa
10-21-2016, 04:04 AM
Anywhere where we can see the change log for the 1.3.9.7 version? I have a SLI 1080 Strix setup and have a couple of questions...

Erwin05
10-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Same problem as previous version:

Gputweak doesnt start with a cold boot when i turn my pc on i have to click on the desktop icon to start it.
But do i reboot my pc gpu tweak does start normal.

Is there a problem with the forum when my cursor is behind the G from GPU i cant use the back space or the enter key.

Kotronas
10-23-2016, 09:50 PM
Same issues as before, when using advanced options the temp target isn't changing it stays at 83 when picking OC mode. The second card doesn't change the ram speed it stays at 7200. I have to check manually every time I apply a OC to apply it to the second card, both cards gets the change on the gpu.
New is that the second card now is named "980 ti" with the double font size of the first one and it is missing the strix at end.

PS I had just installed windows again so everything was fresh. No old gpu tweak, the latest nvidia 375.57 and no aisuite at all.

skellattarr
10-24-2016, 10:21 PM
i tried it and it caused my computer to freeze and the pointer would disappear i had to hard restart luckily GPU tweak didn't start and i used system restore to go back to 1332

Nate152
10-24-2016, 10:35 PM
GPU Tweak II version 1.3.9.7 is working fine here, it's saving my fan profiles and overclock settings and the fans are ramping up to the temp I set.

If you have nvidia driver 375.57 installed get rid of it, that driver was no good and was causing issues with GPU tweak II. Nvidia removed it from their downloads page and replaced it with driver 375.63, with this driver all your problems with GPU tweak II should disappear.

skellattarr
10-27-2016, 05:00 AM
GPU Tweak II version 1.3.9.7 is working fine here, it's saving my fan profiles and overclock settings and the fans are ramping up to the temp I set.

If you have nvidia driver 375.57 installed get rid of it, that driver was no good and was causing issues with GPU tweak II. Nvidia removed it from their downloads page and replaced it with driver 375.63, with this driver all your problems with GPU tweak II should disappear.
Hi i have video driver 172.54 i remember i just updated corsair link to 4.3.0.154 maybe gpu tweak 1.3.9.7 and corsair link don't play nice with each other. but now im on video driver 375.63 and corsair link and the older v 1.3.3.2 gpu tweak and all is running fine.

Zz_MadCycler_zZ
11-03-2016, 11:58 PM
I'm using Nvidia 375.70, with two strix 1080oc in sli.

For whatever reason, it will not load for me. I get the message from windows asking if I want to run it because it could be harmful probram blah blah, I click yes and it does nothing.

I uninstall, reinstall the version prior to this one 1360, I think. And all is well.

Any thoughts?

DeathtoGnomes
11-05-2016, 10:32 AM
I'm using Nvidia 375.70, with two strix 1080oc in sli.

For whatever reason, it will not load for me. I get the message from windows asking if I want to run it because it could be harmful probram blah blah, I click yes and it does nothing.

I uninstall, reinstall the version prior to this one 1360, I think. And all is well.

Any thoughts?

windows is finicky, try installing 1 card then the drivers, then repeat for the other card.

Bahz
11-09-2016, 10:05 AM
Has everyone made sure to clean up the registry before updating to new version? I tested this version and can't replicate any of the issues mentioned.

Nate152
11-09-2016, 04:08 PM
I'll agree with Bahz I'm not having any issues with GPU Tweak version 1.3.9.7

Make sure you have the latest nvidia driver installed which as of now is 375.70 or there is a hotfix 375.76 both of which are working fine for me.

danone77
11-11-2016, 07:12 AM
Hi,its the best working Version of GPU Tweak2,right,but i have problems (like every version) after a cold boot,it dont start auto (no big problem) and it dont give me the +/- on Memory Clock(OC/Gaming/Sillent Profiles),after a reboot all is ok!!
@Bahs The Asus GPU Tweak RemoveTool 1009 dont clean up the registry?we must make it manual?

edit 16.11.2016;
after installing Nvidia Driver 375.86,GPU Tweak give me the +/- mhz on Memory Clock (silent/gaming/overclock)also after a cold boot,only problem for me it dont start auto after a coold boot!!

Bahz
11-17-2016, 06:57 AM
Hi,its the best working Version of GPU Tweak2,right,but i have problems (like every version) after a cold boot,it dont start auto (no big problem) and it dont give me the +/- on Memory Clock(OC/Gaming/Sillent Profiles),after a reboot all is ok!!
@Bahs The Asus GPU Tweak RemoveTool 1009 dont clean up the registry?we must make it manual?

edit 16.11.2016;
after installing Nvidia Driver 375.86,GPU Tweak give me the +/- mhz on Memory Clock (silent/gaming/overclock)also after a cold boot,only problem for me it dont start auto after a coold boot!!

I've tested and confirmed that from v1.3.6.0 onwards this problem should be fixed, if the software is still not auto starting after cold boot, it should be some kind of software conflict or issue with the OS.

Erwin05
11-20-2016, 09:17 AM
So GPU tweakII not starting on coldboot is coming from a software conflict.

Next time when i do a clean install win 10 i will try to find which software has a conflict with GPU tweakII.

Edit:

Next week i get a Asus GTX1070 when the conflict is still there with the new card i will test it with the GTX1070.

nonspin
11-20-2016, 10:24 AM
Identified one conflicting application:

IME - Intel Management Engine

If your chipset is Intel and IME is not installed, MS Update will install a base driver which causes GPUTweak to randomly shut down
or not start.
Installing any Intel IME package from Intel itself will fix the problem..
-nonspin

Erwin05
11-20-2016, 12:45 PM
Intel ME is installed, downloaded from the Asus download site for my board.

So my conflict must come from other software.

Bahz
11-21-2016, 03:57 AM
I have like a lot of other programs installed and seems like I'm not having any conflicts and yes I think it's definitely some kind of conflict causing this issue. It would be great if you can share a list of all applications installed and apps running in the background

danone77
11-24-2016, 08:31 AM
Hi,
Problems are back on a fresh Installed Windows 10(last build),i install windows 10 fresh,all Windows Updates,after Nvidia Driver (last one,extra without Experience 3.1),my Intel MEI for my MB and Asus SystemlevelUp for my CG 8890,and GPU Tweak,after a coold boot it dont start auto,and when dont start auto it dont give me the +/- Mhz on Memory?!?
No Corsair Link no other Software installed??I think its a Harware conflict Problem,or maybe a conflict between Asus SystemlevelUp...??

One question;Peoples where work it,have you a entry under taskmanager/autostart(i never have one on any version,but versions before have the asgt.exe,right)??

nonspin
11-28-2016, 09:07 AM
One question;Peoples where work it,have you a entry under taskmanager/autostart(i never have one on any version,but versions before have the asgt.exe,right)??

The autostart is hamdled/triggered through a scheduled task - ASGT is not needed anymore.

Win+R -> %windir%\system32\taskschd.msc /s
or ControlPanel -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler

Erwin05
11-28-2016, 12:14 PM
Task scheduler is saying: the task has not been run yet (0x41303)

nonspin
11-28-2016, 07:53 PM
I think the Tasks' Conditions are incorrect:

- Start, if computer is on AC
- Stop, if computer is on battery
(revisit this please - because if you have both - AC and battery - the task will start and then stop.
Some UPS show as batteries by Default)

- Stop task if it runs for more than 3 days
(why?)

Triggers:

- Run at Start-Up
(should be "at Log-On" because of the Users' Config and the reason below)

- Delay Task for 30 seconds
(if Log-On is set, the delay isn't needed, because the necessary service is running by now)

- "Activate" has a specific date set: 06/29/2016 and "Sync across TimeZones" is unchecked
(should be InstallDate or not specified at all -> unchecked. "Enabled" is the only crucial one)

danone77
11-29-2016, 11:48 AM
Big THX @nonspin,
I think its working now!!Only changed from systemstart to log in!!(all software installed,like before,the fresh windows install!!No Software Conflict!!

edit; 01.12.2016
nope dont work,after 2-3 coold boots its reseting to systemstart,and dont start auto after a coold boot??cant understand why??
will test the new version,maybe??