PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G752VY-DH72 & 1440p Monitor - Will it Work?

amanzano88
10-19-2016, 07:31 PM
I run this laptop as my primary computer. Currently hook it up via HDMI to a 40" 1080p Samsung Monitor. I was thinking about getting a 27" 1440p monitor but I'm not sure this laptop would be able to even utilize the 1440 display for gaming. Can anyone here give me their input? Stick with the 1080p monitor or would I be able to run the 27" 1440 and see a noticeable difference in image quality?

Eleftherios
10-19-2016, 11:25 PM
Take it to a store, plug it in, load a game. It would help if we knew what you where playing. 40fps on witcher with g-sync isnt so bad but i wouldn't play shooters under 60 fps.

Try a few different games, after all if it works you may purchase so i feel it's a reasonable request.

Best of luck.

MrRuckus
10-20-2016, 05:08 PM
I run this laptop as my primary computer. Currently hook it up via HDMI to a 40" 1080p Samsung Monitor. I was thinking about getting a 27" 1440p monitor but I'm not sure this laptop would be able to even utilize the 1440 display for gaming. Can anyone here give me their input? Stick with the 1080p monitor or would I be able to run the 27" 1440 and see a noticeable difference in image quality?

While Im sure there will be a noticeable difference in quality, you are pushing more pixels so it will be more demanding on the 980m. Normally people running over 1080p are running a 980Ti+ to max graphic settings. You may have to bump down some settings to get good frames at 1440p.

amanzano88
10-20-2016, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the response guys, really appreciate it.

Even though this laptop is still relatively new, I'm considering upgrading again and just getting a desktop. I'm not that big of a gamer anymore.

I play MGSV, Witcher and a few others from time to time, but I've never experienced 1440p or 4k so would really like to see how beautiful some of these games can look in 4k. Problem is, I really don't have the time to build a rig so was thinking about going through Origin or something but have heard they're over-priced and what not.

Does anyone here have recommendations?

I was looking at some of ASUS's desktop models but not sure if they're worth the money or not, even though the specs say they could push 4k with a GTX1080. I'd just like something that's ready for 4k, VR and would last for several years without me needing to upgrade again for awhile.

Any advice?

Eleftherios
10-20-2016, 11:14 PM
G701vi has a 1080 in it and there not mobility chips anymore, it could suffice for your needs. A 4k desktop can become expensive depending what performance you want to hit.

Or go for a g800 if thats running 4k with with a 1080. That's not exactly cheap but if a laptop is a must that will do the job. If a desktop is a must then don't go pre-built, give me your price and i can make 1 in my spare time and you can pay a store to build it for example umart will supply most of the parts and construct it. I did this for a friend that lives interstate.

amanzano88
10-20-2016, 11:37 PM
Hey that would be awesome of you if it's not too much trouble to put a rig together.

Looking at the G800 looks nice. If I'm going to be dropping 4.5k on a new computer I'd prefer it to be a desktop. Would be a nice tax write off as well.

Let me know what you can put together within the $3.5-4.5k price range.

Really appreciate it!

theGOAT
10-21-2016, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the response guys, really appreciate it.

Even though this laptop is still relatively new, I'm considering upgrading again and just getting a desktop. I'm not that big of a gamer anymore.

I play MGSV, Witcher and a few others from time to time, but I've never experienced 1440p or 4k so would really like to see how beautiful some of these games can look in 4k. Problem is, I really don't have the time to build a rig so was thinking about going through Origin or something but have heard they're over-priced and what not.

Does anyone here have recommendations?

I was looking at some of ASUS's desktop models but not sure if they're worth the money or not, even though the specs say they could push 4k with a GTX1080. I'd just like something that's ready for 4k, VR and would last for several years without me needing to upgrade again for awhile.

Any advice?

i have my g752vy hooked up to a PG279q. no issue's so far unless your a FPS junkie. had to tune down settings on some games but the return is amazing. jumping from 1080p to 1440p is a night and day difference. once you go 1440p you'll never go back to 1080p.

Eleftherios
10-21-2016, 08:41 AM
What currancy, country, state, city so i can do the leg work =)

amanzano88
10-21-2016, 05:36 PM
i have my g752vy hooked up to a PG279q. no issue's so far unless your a FPS junkie. had to tune down settings on some games but the return is amazing. jumping from 1080p to 1440p is a night and day difference. once you go 1440p you'll never go back to 1080p.

Really?! I'm not really an FPS junkie at all. Good to know! Thanks for responding and letting me know!

amanzano88
10-21-2016, 05:39 PM
What currancy, country, state, city so i can do the leg work =)

USD. CA. Temecula.

Eleftherios
10-21-2016, 08:17 PM
Too easy, keep an eye out on your inbox in the next 2-3 days just moving house today. Also, glad i asked, im in Australia. Im pretty tempted at the moment to plug something into my 980m XD

amanzano88
10-21-2016, 08:28 PM
Too easy, keep an eye out on your inbox in the next 2-3 days just moving house today. Also, glad i asked, im in Australia. Im pretty tempted at the moment to plug something into my 980m XD

Will do! Much appreciated! If you do plug something into your 980m, let me know how it goes! Ideally I'd like to get one of those ultra-wide monitors eventually. That would be sweet!