PDA

View Full Version : G752VS - Low mic input

sc00byy
10-26-2016, 12:48 AM
Hello guys, its been a while but I now own a brand new G752VS. Nice upgrade but ****ty audio driver. I did a clean install of Windows 10. I installed all drivers from asus support site. I fixed a lot doing it but still unable to fix my mic. Input is so low that nobody is able to understand me. Its not a skype thing. It doing it everywhere even in Windows Recorder. I tried boosting mic, noise cancelling etc.. I isolated the problem to be a driver issue. I installed old driver from Realtek to find out that mic level is okay :). Problem, if I stay on that old driver, it doesnt detect my headset or anything that I plug in any jacks:mad:. I then reinstalled driver from asus 6.0.1.7848 and problem started again :mad:.

Is anyone having this issue and found a driver version that is working correctly with this laptop?

Also, how are we supposed to start Sonic Studio? It doesnt start when I click on it in Realtek HD Audio manager.

Thanks

Dreamonic
10-26-2016, 01:07 AM
We're using the same driver, which I tested momentarily through Discord as I was setting it up, nobody had any issues with the volume or vice versa. The only difference is you don't have Sonic Studio installed. Do you still have your eSupport folder? It's not a big deal if you don't, I uploaded Sonic Studio for you here (https://www.sendspace.com/file/rcqku6).

sc00byy
10-26-2016, 02:31 AM
Thanks Dreamonic for Sonic Studio.

I installed a new version of Realtek HD Audio 6.0.1.7960. Looks like it fixed internal mic problem. If I used my Sennheiser game zero headset I'm still getting low mic input. Its a bit better with 7960 than 7848 but still unusable on discord. Didnt have that problem on my Area 51R2. At least now I can use internal mic which is better than nothing.