PDA

View Full Version : G752 VT Can't play anything full screen

macgyva
10-30-2016, 05:07 AM
Hello, I hope someone can help me figure this out. my G752 VT is completely unable to play any games full screen. No matter what game i try, it starts up with a completely black screen, I cant exit it, can't alt-enter, and i cant ctrl-alt-delete. I basically have to hard reset. If i change any of the games in nvidia experience to borderless windowed, they all start just fine. I have removed/reinstalled with nvidia driver multiple times. Any Ideas?

JustinThyme
10-30-2016, 07:47 AM
I dont think its the drivers that is causing you problems. The G force experience is loaded with bugs. So much so that most folks do not install it.

Try uninstalling the Gforce experience, down load the latest drivers and have them ready.
Google DDU (display driver uninstaller). Download the app, unzip and launch.
From the drop down select safe mode and continue. The machine will reboot into safe mode. Then select remove and restart. It will wipe all traces of the drivers. When it reboots install the new drivers and you should be set.

macgyva
10-30-2016, 02:28 PM
Justintyme,

Thanks! that fixed the full screen problem but now it made a new problem. Now when i try to play a game full screen it is locked at 37 fps, no matter the game, no matter the settings. I am guessing this has something to do with gsync since that is half of 75. When i switch back to borderless full screen with the same settings it is locked to 75. Any ideas?

DeathwingTT
11-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Justintyme,

Thanks! that fixed the full screen problem but now it made a new problem. Now when i try to play a game full screen it is locked at 37 fps, no matter the game, no matter the settings. I am guessing this has something to do with gsync since that is half of 75. When i switch back to borderless full screen with the same settings it is locked to 75. Any ideas?
I have the same problem with 37 fps

macgyva
11-17-2016, 02:19 PM
Any ideas?