PDA

View Full Version : G752VY Sonic Studio problem after clean windows 10 install

vladmusat
11-03-2016, 04:35 AM
When i bought my laptop (G752VY) it came with a preloaded windows 10 and drivers. Among the preinstalled programs was Sonic Studio.

2 days go I ran into some trouble and i had to do a clean windows 10 install. All fine and dandy installed all drivers and rog software but Sonic Studio was nowhere to be found. So I start researching the "internets". Found out that Sonic Studio is in the same installer as the realtek audio drivers witch I installed already. I uninstall and reinstall the audio driver and nothing. Then i contact Asus support and they tell me to first reinstall the chipset driver and then the audio driver, I do that and still nothing. So this is my last attempt at figuring this out. Asus support said that my laptop isn't compatible with Sonic Studio but since I had it before I find that hard to believe.

When I open the realtek driver this shows up.
https://postimg.org/image/h9dujj91t/
Tried clicking and pretty much anything else nothing.
Found somewhere a separate setup for Sonic Studio but the install fails to complete so that's a bust also.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you, Vlad

toronto699
11-03-2016, 04:52 AM
this is wht u need
https://www.sendspace.com/file/rcqku6

JustinThyme
11-03-2016, 06:55 AM
This is what happens on clean installs. Should have just used the F9 at boot and did a recovery of the factory image unless youve already wiped it. Sonic studio is not online. Its either with motherboard disks or in every laptop there is an esupport folder that has all the drivers and software like sonic studio.

toronto699
11-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Here is the "esupport folder" with all the orginal software if u need them. u should have made a copy of the esupport folder before u made a clean install , Sonic Suite {audio} is there to in esupport folder. as some software will not install or update unless u have the orginal file that came with your laptop like sonic studio.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AFFjC%2DXRhJzucT8&id=B8550AE40458AE86%212013&cid=B8550AE40458AE86

toronto699
11-03-2016, 03:32 PM
everyone should take JustinThyme's advice and never do a clean install as u are asking for issues just follow his instructions to recover your laptop. to late after a clean install to do that

"This is what happens on clean installs. Should have just used the F9 at boot and did a recovery of the factory image unless youve already wiped it. Sonic studio is not online. Its either with motherboard disks or in every laptop there is an esupport folder that has all the drivers and software like sonic studio" JustinThyme is one smart guy, everyone take his advice

vladmusat
11-03-2016, 05:58 PM
This is what happens on clean installs. Should have just used the F9 at boot and did a recovery of the factory image unless youve already wiped it. Sonic studio is not online. Its either with motherboard disks or in every laptop there is an esupport folder that has all the drivers and software like sonic studio.
I know i might look stupid now that i know this but I didn't know that this was an option. Every time i had a problem a clean install always helped so that was the go to solution for me. And about that esupport folder, either it was not on the laptop when i got it or it was really well hidden because I have never seen it.
I have to mention I can do a clean install of windows and apply some patches, maybe fallow some instructions but in no way am I a "computer guy".
I have now downloaded the esupport folder and it is sitting safely on an external hard drive.

Thank you for all the help. Vlad

vladmusat
11-03-2016, 06:17 PM
this is wht u need
https://www.sendspace.com/file/rcqku6

This installer worked. Thank you.

toronto699
11-03-2016, 06:54 PM
vladmusat u are surely not stupid , its the learning curve we all go through , glad the files in the linked worked , u r welcome . If u know anyone with Asus hardware or software be sure to tell them about the Asus Forum as its the best place to get help and learn , I learn something every day in these forums . Most r helpful like JustinThyme hes one smart cookie

vladmusat
11-03-2016, 07:41 PM
vladmusat u are surely not stupid , its the learning curve we all go through , glad the files in the linked worked , u r welcome . If u know anyone with Asus hardware or software be sure to tell them about the Asus Forum as its the best place to get help and learn , I learn something every day in these forums . Most r helpful like JustinThyme hes one smart cookie

Sure will.
Thanks to all

Newonhere007
04-19-2017, 10:03 PM
Hello all! I am new here and the reason I joined is because I am having a hell of a time with my G752VY. First and foremost I cannot get sonic studio back after a clean install just like the person did that created this post. I tried clicking on the link that is listed above that would fix this issue and it says the file is no longer available. I have spent almost 3 full days trying to figure out why my laptop that I spent 2k on has terrible sound. If anyone has any ideas or a copy of that file above please please let me know.

Thank you!

Clintlgm
04-20-2017, 12:34 AM
So yes you would reinstall it from your eSupport folder on the root of your drive C:\ Hopefully you back up that folder before your clean installed. there are a couple of programs that, that folder is the only place you get it.
Most other drivers and software can be downloaded from Asus Support Downloads (https://www.asus.com/support).

CladMaster
04-20-2017, 11:22 AM
Hello all! I am new here and the reason I joined is because I am having a hell of a time with my G752VY. First and foremost I cannot get sonic studio back after a clean install just like the person did that created this post. I tried clicking on the link that is listed above that would fix this issue and it says the file is no longer available. I have spent almost 3 full days trying to figure out why my laptop that I spent 2k on has terrible sound. If anyone has any ideas or a copy of that file above please please let me know.

Thank you!

Go here >> https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AFFjC%2DXRhJzucT8&id=B8550AE40458AE86%212024&cid=B8550AE40458AE86

Download both files and save then in a folder called A-Volute or ASUS Sonic.

Rene1
04-21-2017, 02:20 AM
Here is the "esupport folder" with all the orginal software if u need them. u should have made a copy of the esupport folder before u made a clean install , Sonic Suite {audio} is there to in esupport folder. as some software will not install or update unless u have the orginal file that came with your laptop like sonic studio.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AFFjC%2DXRhJzucT8&id=B8550AE40458AE86%212013&cid=B8550AE40458AE86

Hello, i just downloaded the link you provided, and would just like to say thank you. I upgraded to windows 10 pro from the home variant, and my sonic studio 2 just went missing. Would i be able to obtain it from this download?

Clintlgm
04-21-2017, 03:54 AM
So yes this is were it was before you clean installed 64131

A Good series of disk Images and good backup routine, is a much better option than clean Installing, takes far less time to restore a disk/SSD Image that to clean install and reconfigure. Pick a good back up/Image creating software. Lots of people like Macrium Reflect, take your pick there are several that work.

davemon50
05-15-2017, 04:08 PM
Go here >> https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AFFjC%2DXRhJzucT8&id=B8550AE40458AE86%212024&cid=B8550AE40458AE86

Download both files and save then in a folder called A-Volute or ASUS Sonic.

Hey, thanks for the link. I got my laptop delivered from Xoticpc and had a clean install of W10-64bit directly from them at purchase, so I didn't even know that Sonic Suite was originally included. Never had any backup image or folder with drivers. I also have (or, had) the low volume issue reported in this thread, but not a priority for me since I use headphones most of the time with the laptop when gaming. However, I also do use the speakers and needed some more volume for them. I used your link and installed the SS2 software successfully.

Asus, why isn't a Sonic Suite II download on the support page for this laptop? You should provide proper support for the machine, which includes all of the software for it. It's included for the desktop motherboards, not sure why not for this expensive laptop.