PDA

View Full Version : GL551 performance issues after hard drive failure

moguine
11-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Hello,

My hard drive failed after 13 months of use and about 5 months ago I got a new hard drive. Instead of the SDD that it came with originally I went for the HDD since it was cheaper. I'm not sure that is the cause but ever since that I've been experiences frames dropping. For example, if I'm playing league of legends, it will be working fine, until there is a big team fight, then it gets so slow that it basically freezes for several seconds until after the fight.

Other problems I'm not sure if related:
1) About 2 months ago, my battery died and I got a new one.
2) About 2 weeks ago I was getting blue screen of death error, power driver state failure. I just reset my computer and isn't happening anymore.
3) The PCI Simple Communication Controller and SM Bus Controller, have always had an exclamation mark, I've never found drivers for them, from what I've read over the last year and a half, those don't do anything for my current mother board.

I can't figure out what's wrong, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Moguine

moguine
11-05-2016, 01:50 PM
Oh, maybe I'll move this to GL notebooks. my bad.

ZIXEL
11-05-2016, 08:25 PM
hi have 1 issues like you

1 driver state power failure , just this
sometimes show me that error ,

my g551jw has 16 months , and my battery its ok ,
i play League of legends too , and i dont have any issue in teamfights

moguine
11-05-2016, 10:17 PM
I don't have that issue anymore, I refreshed my pc and it reset the power options back to normal. I know the power driver state failure comes from some sort of mix up when the power is is being changed... like being plugged in to not being plugged in, but don't really know much about how to fix it.

ZIXEL
11-05-2016, 11:26 PM
same here thar error driver power state faillure , that happens when i unplug the charger

moguine
11-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Well, I have windows on a flash drive. I refreshed my pc that automatically reset all the preferences because I was having some other settings issues that I couldn't figure out as well. I think I went, shift and clicked restart, restart, troubleshooting, refresh my pc. Took like 10 min.