PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Unusual Battery Issue on the G751JT-CH71

kylevkennedy
11-13-2016, 03:19 AM
So I got this Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 the other day from a friend as he got the newest one... for awhile it had some weird display issues but I somehow got rid of it by physically reinstalling the hard drive on it. My friend informed me of some battery issue it had, so I was aware of it, but now it's worse off than it was before (or rather than he reported it to be). So here is the issue:

The battery will charge while on and off, HOWEVER; it will not charge while on if I am trying to do something more intensive on it than browsing the hard drives files. The screen will constantly flicker as it seems the notebook is trying to charge but is constantly disconnecting so to speak from the charger (not physically disconnect, just on the indicator on the bottom right). I have tried uninstalling restarting reinstalling the ACPI battery manager, tried updating, tried the hold the power button for ten seconds til you hear the click (after the proper shutdown- holding it for power up) -all to no avail. I would normally guess an issue with the adapter or battery itself, but it charges when not on. I like to play video games pretty much all day and night on the weekends, while not at work, so only playing for a couple hours at a time is undesirable... I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter :)

JustinThyme
11-13-2016, 03:42 PM
Have you tried replacing the battery? This is not unusual. Use the search function and you will see plenty of battery related issues with premature failures.
Often the brick cant supply all the power during intensive CPU and GPU use and it draws from the battery. Well if your battery is toast it cant draw from it.
Does your battery charge to 100%? My guess is no. Everything you have stated has been posted many times and always resolved with a new battery.

kylevkennedy
11-13-2016, 03:52 PM
It does in fact charge to 100%. I did some more digging after I posted this thread- perhaps you could confirm what I believe to be the issue- the adapter my friend gave me is a Duracell 90w charger. I didn't initially think much of it as it would charge- however, after some research it appears a 230W AC adapter is needed to run it. The strange thing is that I left it charging overnight, it hit 100% and is staying at a 99% charge. However it seems I should order the 230W adapter as I don't believe they are sold in any electronics retail stores. Please let me know what u think :)