PDA

View Full Version : G752VS Keyboard Not Working

ForsakenProto
11-15-2016, 12:43 AM
Evening everyone, I'm having an issue where even though my backlighting and the touchpad still work, my integrated keyboard besides the recording button, do not. I've gone through and made sure the bios and ATK are at their latest update, and when that didn't work, tried to do a complete reset on the computer. After that didn't work, I went through the trouble of contacting Asus support and was told to make sure the chipset and ATK were both updated, which I had taken care of previously. I was wondering if anyone had had this issue before and what steps were taken to resolve it. Thanks!

Armesis
11-15-2016, 02:43 PM
Check in the device manager>keyboards to make sure it is functioning properly first. If You already have all the drivers updated and already talked to asus without success then its probably a hardware fault. My G752VY is only 5 months old and it already had its screen and keyboard replaced due to hardware failure. Most unreliable laptop ive ever owned/built since the 1990s. The only thing that redeems it is that its cheaper than all the competition...

DaKench
01-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Did you get this issue solved or did you have to go for an RMA? I'm currently facing the same issue with my G752VS...

Buggsy
01-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Did you get this issue solved or did you have to go for an RMA? I'm currently facing the same issue with my G752VS...

If you do a search, there was a thread a few weeks ago about a bad firmware version for the keyboard. The details on how to fix were in it. That might not be your problem, but worth a shot.

cl-Albert
01-09-2017, 06:38 PM
If you do a search, there was a thread a few weeks ago about a bad firmware version for the keyboard. The details on how to fix were in it. That might not be your problem, but worth a shot.

Thanks for the suggestion/reminder Buggsy and as far as I know, this procedure will only work if you ran an older version of the keyboard adjustment tool from ASUS LIve update, but if you want to give it a try, there is a new version of the keyboard adjustment tool available on the download site or probably through ASUS Live Update as well.
Suggest running the 'N-key' update as well from ASUS Live Update if your keyboard stopped working after running the older keyboard adjustment tool since it may be the real solution or part of the solution at least.
Not as sure if the bios version will make any difference, but if you're going to send back the notebook for warranty service anyway, probably worth looking into and trying if you don't have the latest bios version.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88918-G752VS-ASUS-Keyboard-Adjustment-Tool/page22
(https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88918-G752VS-ASUS-Keyboard-Adjustment-Tool/page22)

Darkgoo
10-31-2017, 04:09 PM
Evening everyone, I'm having an issue where even though my backlighting and the touchpad still work, my integrated keyboard besides the recording button, do not. I've gone through and made sure the bios and ATK are at their latest update, and when that didn't work, tried to do a complete reset on the computer. After that didn't work, I went through the trouble of contacting Asus support and was told to make sure the chipset and ATK were both updated, which I had taken care of previously. I was wondering if anyone had had this issue before and what steps were taken to resolve it. Thanks!

Ok, just had this exact same stupid problem myself. Did all the ATK uninstall and latest version, nothing. Dead keyboard, no lights, only the recording button was working.

Edit. It was also fully dead on computer start, no bios access.

Solution: I ran the Asus Keyboard Adjustment Tool V. 1030 - It was already at this version before, but i DIDN'T even had the chance to do it again, as soon as the application started my keyboard came back to life, and then the window came up with the button to update, which i did not do. I really, really hope this works for others as well.

Man, before was my asus V71, the damn screen connector would "pop out" once in a while while sitting on a desk, full time. And now this, i was about ready to toss the laptop out the window.