PDA

View Full Version : Asus G752 GC054T vs RB71-HiD1 differences?

kingrich10
11-16-2016, 11:49 AM
Does anyone know the difference between the model numbers in the title?

I can't see any differences in spec, both are VS models and come equipped with a i7 6820HK, 1070, 32GB etc..

Is it an older chassis? Older motherboard?

I'm about to take the plunge and upgrade my 770m Asus, but before I do I'd like to know what it is I'm buying.

bonoman66
11-17-2016, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know the difference between the model numbers in the title?

I can't see any differences in spec, both are VS models and come equipped with a i7 6820HK, 1070, 32GB etc..

Is it an older chassis? Older motherboard?

I'm about to take the plunge and upgrade my 770m Asus, but before I do I'd like to know what it is I'm buying.

Hi, I've just bought the GC054T version (being shipped don't physically have it yet).

I'm no expert & I am open to correction but here is what I've seen or think I know based on what I've looked at during my own search for the model I eventually purchased.

Apologies if I have any of this info wrong - just use it to double check etc..

The RB71 is the Asus part of the model number. The -HiD1 is a sub reference given to the configuration by the seller HiDevolution.

I think the GC054T is aimed at the European Markets, not sure about the RB71 - it might be for non European Market (Maybe USA/Canada).

The GC054T comes with 32GB RAM (importantly for me, preconfigured as 2 X 16Gb modules preinstalled, so leaving 2 user accessible slots under the back cover free for me to easily add another 32GB - without having to dissemble the whole laptop to get at modules under the keyboard etc..).

The RB71 comes with half that RAM - 16GB.

The GC054T comes with Intel i7-6820HK CPU but the RB71 comes with i7-6700HQ.

The GC054T comes with 512GB PCIe SSD and a 1TB HDD but the RB71 only comes with a 1TB HDD (it has no PCIe SSD).

The GC054T would be my recommendation if its within your budget & region as it seems to me a much better spec.

I've just checked a few sites such as these to get some info...

http://www.hidevolution.com/asus-g752vs-rb71.html?ref=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-ROG-G752VS-RB71-HID1-G-SYNC-i7-6700HQ/dp/B01KRGKUQA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1479404331&sr=8-9&keywords=G752VS+RB71

Hope this helps & again apologies in advance if I have anything incorrect.

kingrich10
11-21-2016, 03:29 PM
Hi, I've just bought the GC054T version (being shipped don't physically have it yet).

I'm no expert & I am open to correction but here is what I've seen or think I know based on what I've looked at during my own search for the model I eventually purchased.

Apologies if I have any of this info wrong - just use it to double check etc..

The RB71 is the Asus part of the model number. The -HiD1 is a sub reference given to the configuration by the seller HiDevolution.

I think the GC054T is aimed at the European Markets, not sure about the RB71 - it might be for non European Market (Maybe USA/Canada).

The GC054T comes with 32GB RAM (importantly for me, preconfigured as 2 X 16Gb modules preinstalled, so leaving 2 user accessible slots under the back cover free for me to easily add another 32GB - without having to dissemble the whole laptop to get at modules under the keyboard etc..).

The RB71 comes with half that RAM - 16GB.

The GC054T comes with Intel i7-6820HK CPU but the RB71 comes with i7-6700HQ.

The GC054T comes with 512GB PCIe SSD and a 1TB HDD but the RB71 only comes with a 1TB HDD (it has no PCIe SSD).

The GC054T would be my recommendation if its within your budget & region as it seems to me a much better spec.

I've just checked a few sites such as these to get some info...

http://www.hidevolution.com/asus-g752vs-rb71.html?ref=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-ROG-G752VS-RB71-HID1-G-SYNC-i7-6700HQ/dp/B01KRGKUQA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1479404331&sr=8-9&keywords=G752VS+RB71

Hope this helps & again apologies in advance if I have anything incorrect.

Thank you very much for your response, and it has helped me...I took the plunge on the CG054T and am looking forward to it arriving tomorrow :)

Cheers!

bonoman66
11-21-2016, 04:30 PM
Thank you very much for your response, and it has helped me...I took the plunge on the CG054T and am looking forward to it arriving tomorrow :)

Cheers!
You're more than welcome. Asus could do much better in terms of being clearer about the model specifics in the various regions. They certainly don't make it easy for potential customers to easily/quickly understand exactly what they are getting per product/model number.

I've ordered the same model as you (mainly for video editing -upgrading from a G750JX) & I know it comes with 32GB of RAM but I plan to purchase another 32GB & put it in, along with a couple of NVMe 1TB Samsung 960 Pros in RAID 0 & a 1TB SSD. Its a little ambiguous about what RAM I need so I have to wait until I get the laptop (tomorrow I think), & then take a look before ordering. Some sites say the memory is DDR-4 2133, others say DDR4-2400 & others say DDR4-2400 (OC) - so I'm not sure it its really just DDR4-2133 I need (& that its over clocked to 2400 etc..). Won't be long before I find out though :-)

Looking forward to reducing my rendering/export times in Adobe Pro...

Glad I could help you & hope you enjoy your machine (beast :-)) when you get it!

Cheers.

kingrich10
11-22-2016, 09:29 AM
Wow! You're adding some serious SSD goodness in there!

Obviously little more than coincidence, but we're upgrading at the same time, from the same machine to a new one...

I'm sat patiently waiting for the door bell to ring and the delivery man to hoist the huge box into my welcoming arms :)

All the best chap, thanks again and enjoy it. :)