PDA

View Full Version : [G752VS] ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool

Quincy
11-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Hi,

There is a new update : ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool
i've tried it, and now my keymap is bugged !

numpad 0 become C and C become 0
numpad enter don't work

Somone could help me?

Clintlgm
11-19-2016, 05:02 AM
Where did you find this new update? from Asus Support Downloads (http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1)for your specific Notebook? I would uninstall it and reinstall the ATK package from the link asus support downloads

toronto699
11-19-2016, 05:27 AM
ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool is in "Others" of the G752VS driver download page have no idea what its for ? or its purpose?
ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool

Version V1.0.1.0 2016/11/18 update

Description ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool
(for website download)

File Size
25.01 (MBytes)

Quincy
11-19-2016, 09:04 AM
I've tried to reinstal ATK => no effect ...
I've tried to remove keyboard driver and reinstall => no effect
i've tried to update bios to 306 => no effect

mandiy
11-19-2016, 11:18 AM
hi, I have the same problem with the my g752vs, I flashed with ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool, the the keybord“s light blinking after restartg752, and now in windows or ubuntu“s livecd C become 0 and numpad 0 become C.

mintys1
11-19-2016, 02:09 PM
Looks easier to just revert to your last restore point...should be back up and running in 5-10mins.

volors
11-19-2016, 02:41 PM
I also upgraded the keyboard firmare, all my keys are working fine. But i never had any keys mapped.

Gps3dx
11-19-2016, 02:57 PM
Looks easier to just revert to your last restore point...should be back up and running in 5-10mins.
Forget it... this "driver" package is much deeper... it inc many "BIOS" equivalent files...
just extract the zip to get the exe -> extract it again using 7zip -> enter the ".rsrc\1028\" folder -> extract all the *TOOL* files using 7zip... you'll see you're messing FW/BIOS level stuff.

For anyone who install this "driver" and got corrupt/"brick" laptop... you need to contact ASUS and ask for a solution.
IMHO, I don't think a solution will come from the community as a change of SPECIAL FW/BIOS is needed.
AFAI understand it, using winflash to reflash/update bios might NOT solve the issue as the laptop contains MANY EEPROMs, and this "ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool" might change other EEPROM, other then the "regular bios".

CONTACT ASUS ASAP OR OPEN RMA CASE - that's your best chance right now.

mandiy
11-19-2016, 05:53 PM
I've tried to reinstal ATK => no effect ...
I've tried to remove keyboard driver and reinstall => no effect
i've tried to update bios to 306 => no effect

hi, meanwhile I will use sharpkeys

https://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/

you can remap keys in the keyboard

MDFMac
11-20-2016, 05:28 PM
that program doesn't fix it for me

pnfcnf12
11-21-2016, 03:06 AM
At least now I know I'm not crazy...I have the same issue...sharpkeys solves the problem...unless you use an external keyboard, which then has c and 0 swapped again....Hopefully a fix is forth coming. It's what I get for always installing latest drivers. I had to go get a usb keyboard to be able to log back into my machine as initially, my keyboard didn't work at all. Thought I had messed up my computer by updating it while my daughter was playing job simulator on the HTC Vive.

mandiy
11-21-2016, 07:46 AM
At least now I know I'm not crazy...I have the same issue...sharpkeys solves the problem...unless you use an external keyboard, which then has c and 0 swapped again....Hopefully a fix is forth coming. It's what I get for always installing latest drivers. I had to go get a usb keyboard to be able to log back into my machine as initially, my keyboard didn't work at all. Thought I had messed up my computer by updating it while my daughter was playing job simulator on the HTC Vive.

sorry for my mistakes with the language

Now, I noticed that after update bios and update keyboard the back leds is off, I can“t turn on again,
have you got any issue with the leds?

Quincy
11-21-2016, 08:40 AM
The Asus Support tells me to create a RMA ...
i've other problems ^^
Lightbars no longer work, speakers make noise sometimes at 0, hardrive "clac" sometimes too

mandiy
11-21-2016, 08:48 AM
The Asus Support tells me to create a RMA ...
i've other problems ^^
Lightbars no longer work, speakers make noise sometimes at 0, hardrive "clac" sometimes too

I don“t understand, What happen with your hardrive?

I only have issue with the keyboard and Lightbars no longer work

Quincy
11-21-2016, 09:08 AM
About speakers and hardrive,i think it's hardware problems, it's not linked.
Sometimes i hear hardrive make a "tac" or "tic" or "clac" or "clic" (i'm french sorry :p)
And for speakers, it's like an electrical problem, when i push a key, or fn + key, they make a noise even if volume is off, as if they were plugged in / unplugged electrically, i can reproduce it by switching faster volume from 0 to 2 to 0 to 2 to ....

Dreamonic
11-21-2016, 10:14 AM
The HDD audible *click* sound is the head positioning/parking. Completely normal, and is apparently "aggressive" with Hitachi HDDs, which are commonly used in ROG Notebooks. In the G752VS, using an unlocked BIOS even, you can disable this audible *click* sound by changing the HDD APM value to something higher than default; CrystalDiskInfo allows this and you can follow the guide here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHs7Xv4maig

The G752VS has 3 SOICs that are of importance, two of which are located under the black/copper EMI/RFI shielding being your BIOS and VBIOS ICs. The third one is on the other side of the MB (exposed) and is responsible for all the ports and their dependency controllers. However, the EC (embedded controller) in almost all ROG Notebooks use a 128-pin LQFP 8xxx ITE IC. This would be what the "Keyboard Adjustment Tool" is writing too as well, and as Gps3dx (http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?219693-Gps3dx) mentioned, "SPECIAL FW/BIOS is needed" from ASUS to address anything related here.

Bill@ASUS
11-22-2016, 10:11 AM
Hello all
I've reported this issue to our team
I'll get back to you guys once I have more information on this matter
Thank you all and have a nice day

Pheden
11-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Same problem with mine.
C and 0 inverted and enter key in the numeric pad not operate.

I contact the support today and ask me to uninstall the update... How to say... rollback a firmware update without the older firmware...
Well done!

Darkhorse
11-23-2016, 02:32 PM
Hello all
I've reported this issue to our team
I'll get back to you guys once I have more information on this matter
Thank you all and have a nice day

Thanks Bill, keen to get a solution - really hard to use at work when keys are in the wrong spot...

ropbasuel
11-23-2016, 02:37 PM
I'm having this same problem.

Today Asus LiveUpdate keeped me popping up for an update on keyboard firmware. I have accept it and I'm regretting so much that I have made it. This is why I always deny every updates when things aren't broken.

Now I'm working and having problems on typing because the keys are messed up.

How come Asus publish an update and don't even test it???? I really can't understand.

Fix this FAST!

Zerohamster
11-23-2016, 02:48 PM
Same for me, 0 and c switched with numpad enter key not working. Such a pain in the ass! Liveupdate kept bothering me to do the keyboard update and now this. Tried rolling back firmware with no results. Wonderful! It pisses me off that along with the gestures not working most of the time and when they do, messing with the way the cursor works when a mouse button is clicked, now we have this. It's a 3k laptop Asus, get your **** sorted!

Lazy*
11-23-2016, 03:10 PM
I also got this ni0e 0riti0al update installed on my G752VM. It“s so annoying. Please hotfix that fast.

ddebacker
11-23-2016, 03:42 PM
I got my G752VS since a couple of months now and got that firmware upgrade for the keyboard installed today. It was offered through the Asus Update engine (or whathever it's called).

The C key gives me now a 0 (zero) and has been swapped with the 0 on the keypad and my laptop is UNUSABLE be0ause of that. I have to use the onscreen keyboard to have my C keypresses.

Please provide us with a fix ASAP and publish it through your updater..

I don't understand how this even happens... QA testing please?

/David

MDFMac
11-23-2016, 07:45 PM
talked to asus again today about it and they are still working on it..........

StrayBullet
11-23-2016, 09:03 PM
So I am in the same boat with the update messing up my c and 0 keys. I have found a workaround until Asus can get the issue fixed.
Install Autohotkey http://ahkscript.org/
And create a script with the following

Numpad0::c
c::Numpad0
Pause::Enter

This will remap them back to where they should be. I was able to discover using AHK's key history that the c is sending Numpad0 and Numpad0 is sending c. Also the Enter key on the numpad is sending Pause, this would leave me to believe that other keys are not mapped properly either, but since I don't use those on a regular basis I am not going to worry about it until they become an issue.

The only thing the script does not cover is capitalizing c when shift is held. I can not seem to get that to work yet, so I just hit capslock if I need a capital c. I will post an update if I find a way to get shift c to work.

LoudS
11-23-2016, 11:34 PM
All,

I am also suffering from this increasingly frustrating error. I update the ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool last night and my c key is mapped to num 0 and vice versa. I contacted ASUS support and they got me to roll back two day, no effect. They then wanted me to do a factory reset, I am at work and cannot do that now as I need the notebook. This is seriously inconvenient, I am a very annoyed customer (especially if I need to setup my notebook again!):mad::mad::mad:

workshop777
11-23-2016, 11:37 PM
Same boat as everyone else here. This is my work 0omputer and I 0ant get anything done properly with this problem. Please 0orre0t this asap.

cl-Albert
11-24-2016, 01:58 AM
If possible, can someone please tell me their model (G752VS or G752VM), bios version, ATK version (found under Programs and Features), , HID keyboard HW ID as in the screenshot below from device manager, and if the keyboard is working right? Thanks.

RandomJSF
11-24-2016, 02:08 AM
Same issue as everyone else here. Using AutoHotkey as a workaround, but it's not ideal.

Near as I can tell, here's a list of the keys that are out of whack:

F8 (sends PgDn)
PgDn (sends F8)
Pause (sends NumpadEnter)
NumpadEnter (sends Pause)
Numpad0 (sends c)
c (sends Numpad0 when NUMLOCK is ON)
c (sends NumpadInsert when NUMLOCK is OFF, or when NUMLOCK is ON and SHIFT is held))

There's a twist with the c key. As listed above, It seems to think its part of the numpad keys, because if numlock is OFF, c sends NumpadInsert instead of Numpad0. It also does this when SHIFT is held and NUMLOCK is ON.

I'm able to use the below AHK script to work around all the problems... except NumpadInsert. There's no way I can see to conditionally get the physical key of Numpad0/Insert, which currently "thinks" it is c, to send NumpadInsert only when NUMLOCK is on. This is not a big deal for me, as I functionally never toggle Insert, but it does add to the overall WTFness of this botched "Keyboard Adjustment Tool"

Pause::NumpadEnter
NumpadEnter::Pause
PgDn::F8
F8::PgDn
NumpadIns::c

As an aside... The culprit here, as we all know, is a keyboard firmware update disguised as a "Keyboard Adjustment Tool". A tool which we cannot configure, and therefore cannot adjust. Aside from the way it has screwed up our keyboards, it seems awfully odd to call it an "Adjustment Tool" when we can neither access the tool, nor make any adjustments. It fails at adjusting, AND at being a tool. :|

RandomJSF
11-24-2016, 02:17 AM
If possible, can someone please tell me their model (G752VS or G752VM), bios version, ATK version, , HID keyboard HW ID as in the screenshot below from device manager, and if the keyboard is working right? Thanks.

My model is a G752VS-XB72K, according to the label on the bottom. New as of 11/09/16. Without rebooting (I'll do that in a minute to double check), my system BIOS version is the latest available on the support site, which is the 11/11/2016 release of BIOS 306. My keyboard hardware ID is

HID\VID_0B05&PID_1837&REV_0003&MI_00

I'm afraid that I don't know what an ATK version is, nor how to find it. Apologies. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking; if you could instruct me on where to get that information, I'll reply back with it straight away.

Oh, and my keyboard is definitely NOT working right. It was working fine before the firmware update, which my system only applied this evening, roughly 3 hours ago.

EDIT 1: I have confirmed in BIOS that my BIOS version is 306. I can also confirm that the mixed-up keys do NOT work properly in BIOS; for example, trying to change the month to October (without using the top number row) required me to press 1c to register 10.

Edit by cl-Albert: Hope it's okay to reply in your post and feel free to edit me out later. Thanks for the reply and just wanted to mention the ASUS ATK software/version can be found under Windows Programs and Features.

LoudS
11-24-2016, 02:38 AM
Albert,

Does this help?

Model:G752VS
SMBIOS Version: 3.0
ATK Package Version: 1.0.0044

And the keyboard is not working.

MDFMac
11-24-2016, 02:44 AM
here is what asus said about my keyboard today after I told them that a restore or reset didn't and wont fix it

Thank you for chatting with us today.We would recommend you reset the notebook to factory settings to have your issue be resolved.
We do advise you to backup your data (personal files, pictures, documents, work related files) to an external storage before resetting the product to factory settings.
To peform the recovery to factory to factory settings, you would to the following:
Click on start then settings.
Select "Update and security"
Select "Recovery" then "Reset this PC"
Should you have further questions, feel free to contact us again over chat or phone by visiting our ASUS Support Page.
If you continue to experience issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
ASUS Service Center
Email Us || Chat with Us
-- For support, please visit http://www.asus.com/us/support/ for more information. --

what kind of retarded monkeys do they have working there???????????

LoudS
11-24-2016, 02:52 AM
I got the same response from ASUS. In tech support defense, they *must* follow a script. A factory reset would (likely?!) will fix the problem, however I would spend hours setting up my PC again. I did tell the chap that I was a very unhappy customer. :mad:

MDFMac
11-24-2016, 02:57 AM
yes but it was already on my 0ase file that I did it and had them put in there that I disagreed that it would not work but was doing any way to prove my point

RandomJSF
11-24-2016, 03:02 AM
My ATK version is 1.00.0044.

My model is a G752VS-XB72K, according to the label on the bottom. New as of 11/09/16. Without rebooting (I'll do that in a minute to double check), my system BIOS version is the latest available on the support site, which is the 11/11/2016 release of BIOS 306. My keyboard hardware ID is

I'm afraid that I don't know what an ATK version is, nor how to find it. Apologies. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking; if you could instruct me on where to get that information, I'll reply back with it straight away.

Oh, and my keyboard is definitely NOT working right. It was working fine before the firmware update, which my system only applied this evening, roughly 3 hours ago.

EDIT 1: I have confirmed in BIOS that my BIOS version is 306. I can also confirm that the mixed-up keys do NOT work properly in BIOS; for example, trying to change the month to October (without using the top number row) required me to press 1c to register 10.

Edit by cl-Albert: Hope it's okay to reply in your post and feel free to edit me out later. Thanks for the reply and just wanted to mention the ASUS ATK software/version can be found under Windows Programs and Features.

blipz
11-24-2016, 03:09 AM
I am having the same issue and my keyboard is NOT working. And another issue I've noticed is my keyboard sometimes randomly types the same letter twice.

G752VM-GC018T
ATK Version: ATKPackage_Win10_64_VER100050
BIOS Version: G752VM.302 19/10/2016

HID Keyboard HWIDs:

ajh_vidya
11-24-2016, 03:19 AM
My G752VS fell victim to the "Critical Update" for keyboard firmware this morning. In my case, the keyboard stopped working completely. No keyboard is shown on the hardware tab under "Keyboard Properties" in the Control Panel. System restore and system reset both failed to solve the problem. It's pretty terrible that I have to send a computer which I haven't had for a month in for service.

workshop777
11-24-2016, 04:43 AM
My G752VS fell victim to the "Critical Update" for keyboard firmware this morning. In my case, the keyboard stopped working completely. No keyboard is shown on the hardware tab under "Keyboard Properties" in the Control Panel. System restore and system reset both failed to solve the problem. It's pretty terrible that I have to send a computer which I haven't had for a month in for service.
I had this problem originally before the current problem. Removed all keyboard drivers from device manager and rebooted and let windows rediscover the keyboard and the keyboard started working again, but with the swapped key problem.

nebworth
11-24-2016, 09:18 AM
Hey guys, I joined the victims of 'the tool' club yesterday, first my keyboard failed to work at all so I ran the software from the asus site again and the keyboard started working again but with the issue we are all aware of.
I have now done every step recommended on here, and customer supports up to and including a reset to factory settings. I was about to send my laptop back to the manufacturer when I found this forum.
I am temporarily using an external usb keyboard to workaround the problem although considering the laptop itself isn't exactly small that's a pain in the ass.

Fingers crossed Asus gets it done soon.

PS. Wow Asus customer support is annoying to talk to.

Darkthor
11-24-2016, 09:40 AM
Forget it... this "driver" package is much deeper... it inc many "BIOS" equivalent files...
just extract the zip to get the exe -> extract it again using 7zip -> enter the ".rsrc\1028\" folder -> extract all the *TOOL* files using 7zip... you'll see you're messing FW/BIOS level stuff.

For anyone who install this "driver" and got corrupt/"brick" laptop... you need to contact ASUS and ask for a solution.
IMHO, I don't think a solution will come from the community as a change of SPECIAL FW/BIOS is needed.
AFAI understand it, using winflash to reflash/update bios might NOT solve the issue as the laptop contains MANY EEPROMs, and this "ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool" might change other EEPROM, other then the "regular bios".

CONTACT ASUS ASAP OR OPEN RMA CASE - that's your best chance right now.

oooor just put the old correct bios on a usb stick and start the pc with Ctrl+Home pressed?

Starrbuckk
11-24-2016, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone,

Laptop: G752V

Made the same mistake as everyone on updating the keyboard. The thing is that my keyboard almost completely does not work, except for the Xsplit Key on the top left.
Things i've tried:

1) Running the Keyboard Adjustment tool downloaded from Asus support - Program launched and got a message saying the software is already up to date.
2) Uninstall Keyboard Driver on Device Manager - Didn't change anything
3) System Restore to previous point - Didn't change anything
4) Reinstalling ATK Drivers - Didn't change anything

At the moment i'm using an external keyboard that works fine and waiting for asus to reply on the support ticket i sent for help on this issue.
Let's hope they won't act like most support staff that basically ignores the problem for months.

Asus........... Unbrick my Keyboard...... Thank you.

Darkthor
11-24-2016, 09:48 AM
.........oooorrrrr..... just put the old correct bios on a usb stick and start the pc with Ctrl+Home pressed?

someone have a non-bricked old bios version?

you can extract it with Universal Bios backup toolkit 2.0 , and share it here with everyone to re-flash. ?

trokotof
11-24-2016, 10:06 AM
As everyone after this update, i got swapped keys (C and 0) and i use the workaround with AutoHotKey to get rid of it 'till asus patch that thing... really annoying. I sent them a complain.

Edit: I also note that the fan and bars lights are now switched off constantly on mine... not possible to turn them on anymore even with the workaround that we can find on this forum... I read some post saying that their's are now on constantly, so i suppose it depend on the stat of those lights when the update have been done...

I tryed to make a factory reset.... don't bother. It's not working now i just have to make things back together....softwares, adobe master collection, games, workaround....

I'm so frustrated right now.

ropbasuel
11-24-2016, 12:55 PM
I'm sorry for this reply, but I am extremely mad with Asus Support Center.

So, Asus develop and publish one "CRITICAL" update for something called "Keyboard Adjustment". They publish this update WITHOUT even testing it (I do not believe if they did one simple test, they wouldn't find it was all messed up in 1 minute). They develop one "CRITICAL" update for something that is NOT broken, and now what???

Now, after contacting Asus Support, they told me that I had to do one FACTORY RESET!!! Are you fking kidding me????? You do all this mess and now I have to do one factory reset??? Do you even know how much time I would have to spend to get all things back like they were before this "beautiful" update??? I would spend like 1-2 work-days getting all things back up!

I bought one 3k laptop and I got a 1$ Support Center quality.

Really, Asus get your **** together!! Amateurs!

Zarifra
11-24-2016, 12:56 PM
Sad to say I also am a victim of this horrible update. My issue is I am now going to be traveling and this computer was purchased just for this. Why on earth would you push this out without testing it so it doesn't interrupt users like this. Calling support was worthless as they wanted me to do a factory reset not seeming to understand this was a BIOS update that was flashed so factory reset would do nothing but cause additional time needed to try and restore everything to working order. I am very disappointed in this entire fiasco and feel they pushed untested software out on the users for their beta testing.

I did request a way to re-flash the bios to a prior version, they are supposed to be getting back to me Friday but after reading this thread I am sad to say I don't have high hopes of them being able to resolve this.

nicovil
11-24-2016, 01:17 PM
Hi everybody! Here is another victim of this firmware update.

Looks like it is not a BIOS update, but a KEYBOARD FIRMWARE update. All we updated the keyboard firmware to Ver1010, and previous version was Ver1000.

Since I downloaded all drivers from Asus website time ago, I have the firmware update for Ver1000 which worked well, here I uploaded this old update just if someone figures how to downgrade the firmware : link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/94abi9a1qu62yyb/KeyboardUpdate_VER1000.zip?dl=0)

I wanted to know why the version 1000 was 5mb and version 1010 is 25mb!!! Then opening the file with 7zip I see that it includes a bios update for 7 different ROG notebooks, but for some reason I noted that the bios was the same I installed before (I updated it some weeks ago to last version 306), so I think the bios update was not the problem, it wasa the keyboard firmware update which created this mess.

I tried to downgrade using this old update without any luck, it doesn't let me update because the update is incompatible (obviously, it doesn't allows me to downgrade).

Perhaps we can figure how to make this work?

ajh_vidya
11-24-2016, 02:43 PM
In a different thread I found instructions on how to downgrade the BIOS using WinFlash:
In the command prompt:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash
Winflash /nodate

This runs Winflash without a date restriction.

Unfortunately, I found that this made no difference in my case.

Looks like it is not a BIOS update, but a KEYBOARD FIRMWARE update. All we updated the keyboard firmware to Ver1010, and previous version was Ver1000.

Since I downloaded all drivers from Asus website time ago, I have the firmware update for Ver1000 which worked well, here I uploaded this old update just if someone figures how to downgrade the firmware : link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/94abi9a1qu62yyb/KeyboardUpdate_VER1000.zip?dl=0)

I wanted to know why the version 1000 was 5mb and version 1010 is 25mb!!! Then opening the file with 7zip I see that it includes a bios update for 7 different ROG notebooks, but for some reason I noted that the bios was the same I installed before (I updated it some weeks ago to last version 306), so I think the bios update was not the problem, it wasa the keyboard firmware update which created this mess.

I tried to downgrade using this old update without any luck, it doesn't let me update because the update is incompatible (obviously, it doesn't allows me to downgrade).

Wizliz
11-24-2016, 03:50 PM
Plus i cannot toggle the LED display on the lid anymore, it is constantly ON!

I opened a support ticket last night, got the reply today to reinstall computer... I then called the support who only repeated the same sentence over and over again "you must reinstall the computer" i said that it would not solve the problem since it is a keyboard firmware not OS driver problem. I tried to have the case escalated to another resolver team, but only got the same retarded reply "you must reinstall the computer". Then i got so mad that i told the support technician "Fredrik T" and i hope you read this. Fredrik -you should really consider getting another job. May i suggest that you apply to be a scrap paper picker somewhere that is a more suitable task for you. :mad:

Note
I have been working as a computer support technician and IT consultant for almost 20 years and i have never experienced such bad customer support as i experienced from ASUS Sweden today. If this is not resolved within a couple of days i will return this laptop and buy any other brand.

workshop777
11-24-2016, 04:28 PM
Same issue as everyone else here. Using AutoHotkey as a workaround, but it's not ideal.

Near as I can tell, here's a list of the keys that are out of whack:

F8 (sends PgDn)
PgDn (sends F8)
Pause (sends NumpadEnter)
NumpadEnter (sends Pause)
Numpad0 (sends c)
c (sends Numpad0 when NUMLOCK is ON)
c (sends NumpadInsert when NUMLOCK is OFF, or when NUMLOCK is ON and SHIFT is held))

There's a twist with the c key. As listed above, It seems to think its part of the numpad keys, because if numlock is OFF, c sends NumpadInsert instead of Numpad0. It also does this when SHIFT is held and NUMLOCK is ON.

I'm able to use the below AHK script to work around all the problems... except NumpadInsert. There's no way I can see to conditionally get the physical key of Numpad0/Insert, which currently "thinks" it is c, to send NumpadInsert only when NUMLOCK is on. This is not a big deal for me, as I functionally never toggle Insert, but it does add to the overall WTFness of this botched "Keyboard Adjustment Tool"

As an aside... The culprit here, as we all know, is a keyboard firmware update disguised as a "Keyboard Adjustment Tool". A tool which we cannot configure, and therefore cannot adjust. Aside from the way it has screwed up our keyboards, it seems awfully odd to call it an "Adjustment Tool" when we can neither access the tool, nor make any adjustments. It fails at adjusting, AND at being a tool. :|
Thank you so much for your work. The AHK script is a great work around. Happy Thanksgiving.

Baconstrips
11-24-2016, 05:17 PM
So I too am a victim of this latest update. Thanks for the work around for now. But I am trying to figure out if there is a way I can force the old firmware for the keyboard. Anyone had any sucess?

Tygrus1151
11-24-2016, 05:30 PM
After getting that new firmware I have the same issue as most here. I did not make any customization to my keyboard or laptop itself. I don't want a work around. I want a fix. My touchpad doesn't work properly after waking my laptop from sleep mode either. I tried reinstalling the drivers. I have windows 10 pro. I have even uninstalled the drivers and restarted the laptop. this also did not help... i have even reset my laptop. That didn't help. This is frustrating.

cl-Albert
11-24-2016, 07:50 PM
Albert,

Does this help?

Model:G752VS
SMBIOS Version: 3.0
ATK Package Version: 1.0.0044

And the keyboard is not working.

Thanks for taking the time to provide that information LoudS. I'll pass it along and let you guys know what I hear.
Sadly, I'm a bit out of the loop for this issue and am not sure even how everyone is getting these updates (ASUS Live Update?), but if you didn't already know, suggest staying away from them know until I can convince someone to either remove/fix them or find out how to solve this.

If you are comfortable trying it, there is a *.50 ATK driver posted on the G752VS download site, but if you don't mind waiting, I'll check to confirm if this is what you should update to solve it.
It sounds like you also need to update your keyboard hardware ID, so need to ask the right way to do this.

Also, may not be a big deal, but was looking for the G752VS bios version found on the website like 0306.

fyi.

If you guys have not noticed, there are actually 2 different G752VS 0306 bios versions posted on the ASUS download site and only one says 'fix keyboard issue' while the other one does not.
Again, prefer you guys to wait for me to get more info, but wondering if there is a certain combination of the 0306 bios versions with the ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool V1.0.1.0 that should be used, or if it's included as part of one of the bios versions, but just guessing at this point, so want to get some official information first.

My ATK version is 1.00.0044.

RandomJSF, thanks for providing the information.
If you are comfortable trying it, there is a *.50 ATK driver posted on the G752VS download site, but will check into it more to confirm if this is what you should update to solve it.
It sounds like you also need to update your keyboard hardware ID though, so need to ask the right way to do this.

Thanks and apologize to everyone for these problems. Hopefully we can get it solved soon.

Dreamonic
11-24-2016, 08:00 PM
I've mentioned this before, but both 306 BIOS versions listed for the G752VS on ASUS Support page are 100% identical. The only difference is the title name for the listing; I wonder if ASUS knows this too.

trokotof
11-24-2016, 08:10 PM
If possible, can someone please tell me their model (G752VS or G752VM), bios version, ATK version (found under Programs and Features), , HID keyboard HW ID as in the screenshot below from device manager, and if the keyboard is working right? Thanks.

Mine is G752vs-rb71
Bios G752VS_AS306 (but i also tryed G752VSAS306 (the one with keyboard fix) and i went back to G752VSAS303....none worked)
Atk package is 1.0.0050 (tryed several of those. It didn't change a thing)
Keyboard ID REV_0003

The keyboard has the swapped keys symptoma (c=0 and 0=c and enterpad=pause and pgdwn=f8 and f8=pgdwn)
Also fan and light bars are off now and can't be enabled anymore.

Hope it will help.

Spartox
11-24-2016, 08:32 PM
Mine is G752vs-rb71
Bios G752VS_AS306 (but i also tryed G752VSAS306 (the one with keyboard fix) and i went back to G752VSAS303....none worked)
Keyboard ID REV_0003

The keyboard has the swaped keys symptoma (c=0 and 0=c and enterpad=pause and pgdwn=f8 and f8=pgdwn)
Also fan and light bars are off now and can't be enable anymore

Hope it will help.

Same **** guys. G752vs ATK package version is .44, Bios 306 and after this keyboard update I can't turn on light bars even if the swapped keys problem is worst.
I hope Asus fix it ASAP. (I cant understand why this is happened on a 3K euros laptop......)
Sorry For my bad english i'm french.

trokotof
11-24-2016, 08:44 PM
Sorry For my bad english i'm french.
Pas sūr qu'on te pardonne ;)

cl-Albert
11-24-2016, 09:07 PM
I've mentioned this before, but both 306 BIOS versions listed for the G752VS on ASUS Support page are 100% identical. The only difference is the title name for the listing; I wonder if ASUS knows this too.

Thanks for the feedback Dreamonic and sorry for missing that earlier. Something I'll need to remember checking into too.

Mine is G752vs-rb71
Keyboard ID REV_0003

The keyboard has the swapped keys symptoma (c=0 and 0=c and enterpad=pause and pgdwn=f8 and f8=pgdwn)
Also fan and light bars are off now and can't be enabled anymore.

Hope it will help.

Thanks for the information about trying different bios versions, trokotof.
Looks like everyone with the problem so far has the same keyboard HW ID which may be related.

Should have enough information for now, but unfortunately, due to the time difference with the overseas offices, not expecting to get more information until late tonight or tomorrow, so hope everyone can sit tight until then! Thanks.

ddebacker
11-24-2016, 09:34 PM
Asking us to reinstall an operating system because of a firmware issue doesn't make ANY sense.

I would understand if this was a DRIVER upgrade but this is a FIRMWARE one.

When someone commits to a brand and invests in a not that cheap laptop that someone can expect some quality hardware and service.

So far we have received feedback once but I believe we deserve an update.

It can't be that difficult to give us the keyboard firmware and a tool to downgrade it.

This post took me quite a long time to write because of the missing C...

itsallgeektome
11-24-2016, 09:42 PM
A factory reset is unlikely to resolve the issue being experienced. Both the Factory Reset and the Windows (Reset this PC) option restore the Operating System back to it's initial installation state. As this issue is at the firmware level, using the Windows 10 or Asus Factory Reset won't resolve the issue as this only restores Windows and not the firmware. Unless the base level firmware is included in the Asus factory reset and I've never seen this provided in the past, a factory reset won't resolve the issue. This shows either a lack of understanding of the issue by the support personnel or that they are mindlessly following a standardised script - I have the same problem with my colleagues offshore - not their fault but all it does is annoy customers who then have a system that is not only still not working but will then have to reinstall their apps etc. I've been supporting PC's, laptops and servers for over 20+ years and know how the support centres work.

At this stage, I've no intention of doing a factory reset as it won't resolve the issue and it would take me 3 or more days to get my G752 back to where it was at an application level if I were to go down the reinstall route (I'd rather clone and restore but lacking the understanding of what else this update might have done I won't want to pursue that just yet. I don't use this laptop for games, I use it to run virtual machines (Hyper-V, VirtualBox and Vmware) for self study and running various application development environments (Android Studio, Visual Studio etc.)

The only reason why I bought this machine was to replace my G750 as I was going on holidays and I've had to send my laptop back 3 times to the service centre to fix a mainboard issue (which I had already advise them) and they replaced the two m.2 SSD's and the SATA drive over the course of 3 tickets. As I was planning to be out and about a lot while on holiday my plan was to take the laptop with me so I could continue doing my own self study and development. End of week 3 of my annual leave and my original laptop is no closer to returning to me than it was before I went on leave.

Starrbuckk
11-24-2016, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback Dreamonic and sorry for missing that earlier. Something I'll need to remember checking into too.

Thanks for the information about trying different bios versions, trokotof.
Looks like everyone with the problem so far has the same keyboard HW ID which may be related.

Should have enough information for now, but unfortunately, due to the time difference with Taiwan, not expecting to get more information until late tonight or tomorrow, so hope everyone can sit tight until then! Thanks.

Keyboard HW ID: HID\VID_04F3&PID_0103&REV_0105&MI_00

Hope it helps

RandomJSF
11-24-2016, 10:21 PM
RandomJSF, thanks for providing the information.
If you are comfortable trying it, there is a *.50 ATK driver posted on the G752VS download site, but will check into it more to confirm if this is what you should update to solve it.
It sounds like you also need to update your keyboard hardware ID though, so need to ask the right way to do this.

Thanks and apologize to everyone for these problems. Hopefully we can get it solved soon.

I'll give it a shot once I'm done unpacking, but I find it unlikely that the ATK driver will fix the issue, unless it also includes keyboard firmware. The incorrect key mappings persist even in system BIOS, which is just about as low-level of a test as can be performed on a live machine. This demonstrates that it is definitely not a Windows software issue. I'll admit that I've never dealt with an issue *quite* like this before, so I'm not well-versed on how changing the keyboard HwID will help.

Hopefully this can be remedied sooner rather than later, as I'd very much hate to have to RMA this almost brand-new machine. It's been serving me quite well, keyboard issue notwithstanding. For now, AHK is functioning as a workaround, so I'm willing to show some patience.

Ecstasyat
11-24-2016, 11:02 PM
Thanks guys for the heads up,
while reading this thread out of curiosity ,Asus live update was already downloading the ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool to my G752sv,
i immediately canceled and turned the auto update off. i have not issues with the keyboard so far and i advice everyone who have a G752sv to turn Asus live update off at this time until there's a fix.

ddebacker
11-25-2016, 01:59 AM
If that can help at all...

I have a G752VS bought a couple of months ago. Not sure about the BIOS version, I'll post it later on.

I have TWO HID Keyboards devices showing up in Dev Manager, not one. I don't have (or never had) any additional keyboard installed. This is the 'factory' image that came with the laptop.

https://ddebackermisc.blob.core.windows.net/$root/DeviceManager.png
https://ddebackermisc.blob.core.windows.net/$root/Keyb01.png
https://ddebackermisc.blob.core.windows.net/$root/Keyb02.png
https://ddebackermisc.blob.core.windows.net/$root/ATK.png

Blind-Seer
11-25-2016, 03:46 AM
I managed to cancel the keyboard update but I thought I'd post my keyboard ids for refrence
Model: G752VS-XB78K OC
BIOS: 306
ATK: 1.0.0050

itsallgeektome
11-25-2016, 07:44 AM
I had a response from ASUS service who told me to uninstall the ATK package, reboot and install an ATK package from a link they provided and reboot. Needless to say, updating a driver level package did not fix a firmware level but I did it it anyway.

They advised that if that didn't fix it, to take it to an Asus service centre... That's not going to help unless they have the downlevel firmware saved somewhere and quite frankly, I don't want to be without my laptop for the 2-3 weeks that it takes for them to work on it - my G750 has been sent back 3 times now so I've been without it for nearly 7 weeks out of the last 8.

That's why I bought the G752 which in all likelihood will be the last Asus product I'll ever buy and I've had 4 Asus laptops myself over the years, had 3 relatives, 4 friends get Asus laptops on my recommendations and had Asus mainboards, routers etc.

cl-Albert
11-25-2016, 08:27 AM

fyi.

Expecting someone has tried this already or maybe there is just some misunderstanding on my end, but sounds like if you update the ATK software to *.50 and your keyboard HW ID to '011', everything is supposed to be okay, but maybe there is some problem to update the keyboard hardware ID since everybody who has posted so far has had a lower keyboard HW ID version than needed.

For those who are running ATK ver *.50 can you try or confirm if you have tried either running the ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool Version V1.0.1.0 posted on the G752VM/VS download site under the Win10 'others' section or from ASUS Live Update?

I may be worrying too much, but if anybody is concerned about making things worse, you may want to wait for someone else to try it first to see how it goes since I don't have a unit right now to check on my end.

Just a reminder if you aren't seeing any problems with your keyboard, please avoid these updates for now.
Thanks again for everyone's help and understanding.

gawangtala
11-25-2016, 08:29 AM
I'm still waiting for some updates. I did a reset to factory before I saw this thread so I'm installing all my apps again *sigh*

These are my versions:

G752VM
BIOS Version 302
ATK Version V1.0.0050
2 Keyboards HID Device showing:

HID\VID_0B05&PID_181B&REV_3401&MI_01&Col01
PS: Since I reset to factory I did install the ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool using ASUS Download Page instead of Live Updates
ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool Version V1.0.1.0

None of the following works still my keyboard is bugged. 0c0c0c0c0c0c0c0c0c0c0

Please fix this ASAP.

cl-Albert
11-25-2016, 08:35 AM
If that can help at all...

I have TWO HID Keyboards devices showing up in Dev Manager, not one. I don't have (or never had) any additional keyboard installed. This is the 'factory' image that came with the laptop.

https://ddebackermisc.blob.core.windows.net/$root/DeviceManager.png

I managed to cancel the keyboard update but I thought I'd post my keyboard ids for refrence
Model: G752VS-XB78K OC
BIOS: 306
ATK: 1.0.0050

Thanks for the information ddebacker, Blind-Seer, gawangtala.
Find it interesting that ddebacker and gawangtala have 2 HID keyboard devices appearing in device manager while Blind-Seer has 3 HID keyboard devices, and maybe this is related to the problem too (or it's normal?) although I don't know what to make of it right now. Hoping someone else may though.

trokotof
11-25-2016, 08:58 AM
You might also see that you have 3 mice HID on the device manager (i do)....not related to this keyboard and lights problem but as far as albert found it weird to see 2 keyboards (witch I also have since I bought it and it was ok since this update) I found it relevant to point it too.
I don't know why those devices are shown multiple times but when I first see that, I thought it was related to keyboard and keyboard backlight (for the keyboard) and to trackpad+2 buttons (for the mouse)... don't know if i'm right.

Blind-Seer
11-25-2016, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the information ddebacker, Blind-Seer, gawangtala.
Find it interesting that ddebacker and gawangtala have 2 HID keyboard devices appearing in device manager while Blind-Seer has 3 HID keyboard devices, and maybe this is related to the problem too (or it's normal?) although I don't know what to make of it right now. Hoping someone else may though.

Here are all the hids for the 3 keyboard devices, No clue why there are three there for me, I only have one keyboard...

MoDow
11-25-2016, 09:22 AM
Would be nice to get an official response to this from Asus. No idea if they are even working on a fix, but i'm pretty disappointed with this. My G751 had so many problems I bought this G752 and though i'd give Asus another shot. Guess i'll most probably look elsewhere for my next purchase.

DevSherif
11-25-2016, 09:41 AM
Hello,

I am facing the same problem with my G752VS keyboard. After the firmware update c and 0 are switched. I hoped to find an answer for a fix here or a new update to come immediately fixing this horrible issue. But unfortunately, found nothing.

So I had to find a way to fix it temporarily until ASUS send a new Keyboard Firmware Update.

Using AutoHotKey _which is a free, open-source macro-creation and automation software for Windows that allows users to automate repetitive tasks. t is driven by a scripting language that was initially aimed at providing keyboard shortcuts, otherwise known as hotkeys, that over time evolved into a full-fledged scripting language.

So using this software I was able to switch the keys again, as the issue is typing on c button on keyboard result with 0, then i told AutoHotKey to replace 0 with c and vice versa.

It is an easy and quick way to fix this issue and it is working fine with me.

Just as quick tutorial for using AutoHotKey:
- Download and Install
- Create a text file with extension .ahk
- Add this line to the text file:
- Save , close your text editor, and double click that file.

Now the c button on keyboard should work normally.

Let's hope ASUS provide an update ASAP.

Regards,
Sherif

gawangtala
11-25-2016, 10:08 AM
Hello,

I am facing the same problem with my G752VS keyboard. After the firmware update c and 0 are switched. I hoped to find an answer for a fix here or a new update to come immediately fixing this horrible issue. But unfortunately, found nothing.

So I had to find a way to fix it temporarily until ASUS send a new Keyboard Firmware Update.

Using AutoHotKey _which is a free, open-source macro-creation and automation software for Windows that allows users to automate repetitive tasks. t is driven by a scripting language that was initially aimed at providing keyboard shortcuts, otherwise known as hotkeys, that over time evolved into a full-fledged scripting language.

So using this software I was able to switch the keys again, as the issue is typing on c button on keyboard result with 0, then i told AutoHotKey to replace 0 with c and vice versa.

It is an easy and quick way to fix this issue and it is working fine with me.

Just as quick tutorial for using AutoHotKey:
- Download and Install
- Create a text file with extension .ahk
- Add this line to the text file:
- Save , close your text editor, and double click that file.

Now the c button on keyboard should work normally.

Let's hope ASUS provide an update ASAP.

Regards,
Sherif

Someone already had this quick fix while we wait for the new update.

Just an additional line.

VEG718
11-25-2016, 10:36 AM
ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K OC Edition and absolutely same problem after this keyboard firmware update ! I use external keyboard most of the time and it was possible ASUS to fix this without I even realise the problem. However, I just saw it and waiting for a fix like everybody else...

Spartox
11-25-2016, 10:55 AM
We need an Offi0ial respon0e from ASUS. It is impossible for a brand like Asus, did this bad update AND dont give informations about the problem.
And te c/0 bug isn't all. The light bars on fans and top are OFF and i 0an't swit0h them ON, and now sometimes my keyboard take ba0k in the text when I write....
After 3 laptops ROG I think my g752 will be the last.

xAKUMAx
11-25-2016, 01:34 PM
i have same problem, after updated keyboard firmware press c key maping 0, light bar and fan bar is not working...

System Details ;
Operation System : Windows 10 Pro x64
BIOS Ver : 306

Keyboard Hardware IDs : ( listed in device manager in 3 keyboard after firmware update )
Keyboard 1 : HID\VID_046D&PID_C232
Keyboard 2 : HID\VID_0B05&PID_1837&REV_0003&MI_00
Keyboard 3 : HID\VID_046D&PID_C537&REV_3400&MI_01&Col01
ATK Package Version : 1.0.0050

Device Manager Pictures ;
https://s17.postimg.org/hjqcv623j/pic1.png
https://s17.postimg.org/qq8nig7bz/pic2.png
https://s17.postimg.org/ldjt4bjfj/pic3.png
https://s17.postimg.org/jx8am6gin/pic4.png

Clintlgm
11-25-2016, 03:03 PM
PM Bill@asus also pm Bahz both are employees Bill is our Repair Rep, and Bahz runs the forums

paradox14
11-25-2016, 03:15 PM
I have the problem too. PC purchased in France 2 weeks ago. I contacted ASUS, they are working on the problem. But like you, I find disastrous asus communication. I'm starting to regret not having bought a DELL...

xAKUMAx
11-25-2016, 03:30 PM
I have the problem too. PC purchased in France 2 weeks ago. I contacted ASUS, they are working on the problem. But like you, I find disastrous asus communication. I'm starting to regret not having bought a DELL...

Purchase in turkey two days ago and update all system later have a this problem LOL, very funny and long time using rog series : g74, g75, g750 and g751 :(

ropbasuel
11-25-2016, 03:36 PM
Sorry to say this guys, but it is useless to contact Asus Support Center.

They keep telling me that I have to do a factory restore, using F9 key during startup. I'm just sad that this keyboard "update" didn't messed up F9 key. Would be hilarious to talk with the Support Center then.

I'm getting very upset with all of this. I will contact the store where I bought the laptop and see what options do I have to send them back the computer, get my money back and buy another one, from another brand (not Asus for sure). I do not accept this kind of errors in a 3k$ laptop. Sorry, but it's unacceptable.

Asus Support Center is a joke. A big one.

BogdanCiulei
11-25-2016, 03:36 PM
So I spoke to Asus support from my country today.
Those seem to be a little more enlightened about the problem and told me that the problem is the bios.
Supposedly the good Bios file is G752VS_BIOS.306 , marked "Fix Keyboard issue" , and the one after that has a bug ( even if both ver 306 )
Supposedly there is no keyboard firmware , all is in Bios data.

I couldn't try it yet as I'm at work . Can anyone try to install that and report back ?

Thanks

MDFMac
11-25-2016, 03:46 PM
your bios is not anything to do with it... its firmware for the keyboard.. only a firmware update will fix it.

xAKUMAx
11-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Sorry to say this guys, but it is useless to contact Asus Support Center.

They keep telling me that I have to do a factory restore, using F9 key during startup. I'm just sad that this keyboard "update" didn't messed up F9 key. Would be hilarious to talk with the Support Center then.

I'm getting very upset with all of this. I will contact the store where I bought the laptop and see what options do I have to send them back the computer, get my money back and buy another one, from another brand (not Asus for sure). I do not accept this kind of errors in a 3k$ laptop. Sorry, but it's unacceptable.

Asus Support Center is a joke. A big one.

it's true :(

nicovil
11-25-2016, 04:04 PM
So I spoke to Asus support from my country today.
Those seem to be a little more enlightened about the problem and told me that the problem is the bios.
Supposedly the good Bios file is G752VS_BIOS.306 , marked "Fix Keyboard issue" , and the one after that has a bug ( even if both ver 306 )
Supposedly there is no keyboard firmware , all is in Bios data.

I couldn't try it yet as I'm at work . Can anyone try to install that and report back ?

Thanks

I downgraded my bios to G752VS_BIOS.306 (fix keyboard issue) and the same issue than the last one, then I updated again to last one (306).

As someone else said here, it looks like a KEYBOARD FIRMWARE issue, not a BIOS issue.

If we could downgrade our keyboard firmware (like the WinFlash allows with /nodate option) we would be able to remove the buggy firmware and restore the good one, but I were not able to find a way for doing that.

BogdanCiulei
11-25-2016, 05:36 PM
There seems to be a confusion at Asus , the support specifically mentioned inversion of C and 0 keys and told me that the Bios will fix it, but I might not be able to downgrade it.
Either he was bs-ing me, like tech support usually does, or they actually think the problem is fixed and does not require further work.

Both ways, we are stuck

JullyCat
11-25-2016, 06:15 PM
Hi everyone
Finally I can write here.
I have the same issues with the keyboard as you. But Device Manager shows only one keyboard.
I also wrote to the Support center and they sent me the same instructions about F9 and Reset the laptop.
I replied that it did not help me and the problem is famous, and some key functions were reversed.
Result of my email was that the guy of the support center reported about the problem to their Head Office (HQ development).
He said that the such issues have not been registered. Their current request is the first and single!!!

I hope it will help and we will get our update asap

cl-Albert
11-25-2016, 07:03 PM

fyi.

When I checked with my escalation contact, the suggestion was to update to ATK version *.50 which everyone seems to be able to do fine and update the Keyboard HW ID to 0011 as in my screenshot above which nobody here with the keyboard problem seems to have done yet.

I'm guessing the Keyboard Adjustment Tool posted on the ASUS download site or provided through ASUS Live Update is supposed to update the keyboard HW ID to ver 0011 and is not if somebody can please confirm this here, so I can pass it back to my escalation contact?
Have those with the keyboard issue updated the ATK to ver *.50 and tried running the Keyboard Adjustment Tool, and did it make any difference? Was the keyboard HW ID changed at all and to which version?

There may be a little confusion if the bios update was causing the problem or running the Keyboard Adjustment Tool caused the keyboard problem, but it sounds like running the Keyboard Adjustment Tool (through ASUS Live Update or from the ASUS download site and has somebody tried both?) was what started this problem to begin with if someone can please confirm again?

As far as I can tell, I don't believe everyone at our main office is aware of the problem to update the keyboard HW ID to ver 0011, so would like to get some confirmation that running the Keyboard Adjustment Tool does not update the keyboard HW ID to ver 0011(and which keyboard HW ID version it does update to if any) which is something our office should be able to look into more once they are aware of it.

If you're not having any issues with the keyboard, just a reminder to avoid these updates for now until we can figure this out. Thanks again.

MDFMac
11-25-2016, 07:30 PM
ok so what seems to be the problem... its very apparent what the problem is... ASUS you need to fix the broken firmware update that you released... there is no way for any person to fix it through bios or resetting or reinstalling any OS or drivers. this is a firmware problem that asus s0rewed up.... until they release the fix it 0antot be fixed.

the only thing you will get by 0alling asus is more pissed off than you already are. they know that there is a problem and they will fix it... I'm sure it wont be fast enough tho. if you 0all you will be asked to reinstall or reset your laptop and then they will ask you to reinstall ATK.. none of these will work.

and they still haven't taken down the broken update..... yea that's 0ostomer servi0e right there.

dis0lamer any pla0e you see a 0 use your mind to put a c in there... I'm tired of 0orre0ting it my self so I will type from now on as it lays out.

ropbasuel
11-25-2016, 07:41 PM
I can tell you how the problem started.

The computer was running very well, with 0 problems on keyboard.

Then, suddenly I got Asus Live Update always popping up and telling me to update the "Asus Keyboard Adjustment Tool". It was marked as a Critical Update.

Sadly I have committed a huge mistake accepting this update and installing it. After the installation, computer had to reboot and BAM! Keyboard all messed up. So it's 100%sure that the problem came with this nice "update" via Asus Live Update.

I have been talking with the Asus Support Center and it's useless. They keep telling me that I have to do a factory restore using F9. As we all know, even doing this restore won't fix our problem. And even that this restore could fix it, IT'S UNACCEPTABLE THAT SUPPORT CENTER TELL CUSTOMERS TO DO A FACTORY RESET DUE TO AN FAULTY AND UNTESTED CRITICAL UPDATE PUBLISHED BY THEM.

I have already contacted the store where I have bought this laptop and told them what was going on. I am now searching for other options to send them back this laptop and get another one (not from Asus). I advice you all to do the same. They should be more careful when then publish updates, my trust with Asus updates now is zero. Tell all your friends to NEVER update an Asus hardware. Never.

cl-Albert
11-25-2016, 08:30 PM
ok, thanks guys and sorry again for the delays and problems. Overseas is a day ahead of us, so it's going to be a couple more days before I can reach them since it's their weekend...

disketko
11-25-2016, 08:39 PM
As far as I can tell, I don't believe everyone at our main office is aware of the problem to update the keyboard HW ID to ver 0011, so would like to get some confirmation that running the Keyboard Adjustment Tool does not update the keyboard HW ID to ver 0011(and which keyboard HW ID version it does update to if any) which is something our office should be able to look into more once they are aware of it.

I have the keyboard problem (0 swapped with c) and checked my HW ID - REV is still at 0003 for me, so apparently it didn't update to 0011.

I upgraded ATK to *50 and tried to run the Keyboard Adjustment Tool - no luck since firmware is at latest version.

Looking forward for the next steps.

LoudS
11-26-2016, 01:22 AM
I upgraded to ATK *05, keyboard "c" key still not functioning correctly. My HID keyboard is REV_0003. I have to say, more and more people are being affected by this issue and I feel it will quickly get out of control.:mad:

Zarifra
11-26-2016, 02:27 AM
At this point until they give us a way to fix it I think we are stuck with the issue. It was a Asus live update that was pushed out and sadly this is making me re-consider ever purchasing another Asus product if this is the support we get for a problem they created.

workshop777
11-26-2016, 02:48 AM
At this point until they give us a way to fix it I think we are stuck with the issue. It was a Asus live update that was pushed out and sadly this is making me re-consider ever purchasing another Asus product if this is the support we get for a problem they created.

While I understand the frustration as I too am part of the people with the problem, we have to understand that this also fell on a holiday weekend for the majority of us. Some experienced in earlier and it is sad that Asus didnt look into it then.

We are certainly stuck with the problem until they correct it. The AHK workaound is fantastic but definitely not a solution. I wouldnt expect a fix until next week sometime, I'd be shocked if one came before Tuesday.

trokotof
11-26-2016, 11:13 AM
Just for information:
Weird that it looks like I am the only one here with a double keyboard on the device manager and one saying SaitekKeyboard as ID...

Botte
11-26-2016, 01:29 PM
Same problem as you guys, even bothered to 0reate an a00ount here to post about it. I'm hit sin0e Wednesday, and it's still problemati0 three days later.

Seriously, I bought that laptop after an old ROG G73SW, and I 0an already see many things that are worse than my previous one. The sound system is not brilliant at all, HD does some worrying noises sometimes and I hope it's nothing. And now this? Wtf Asus?

I believe we all on this topi0 paid a good amount of money not to get anoid with su0h idiot problems.

guylap
11-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Same problem, technical support is clueless :mad:, hope it will be fixed soon.

xAKUMAx
11-26-2016, 03:32 PM

hi, i debug this old file but can't supported G752VS

Your old firmware file link is supported version ;
GL502VS
GL502VM
GM702VM
GL702VT
GL752VS
GL752VM

What is equal is G752VS model in list?

JullyCat
11-26-2016, 03:39 PM
I also trusted Asus. My previous laptop is almost 9 years old :) and it works now. But it has old configuration. That's why recently I bought G752VS especially for my work.
And I cannot return it to a store and leave without it for a long time.
My steps were following:
1. Asus Live Update has setting that it installs critical updates automatically. So it only notified me about this. And at that moment the keyboard did not answer.
2. At first time the update was fail. The keyboard did not answer. And Device Manager did not show any keyboard information.
3. I tried to make a rollback to restore point of Windows.
4. Only after 3 attempt of searhing a solution, Windows set the keyboard and the Asus update said that it installed successfully. But functions of keys were exchanged as yours.
5. I tried to reset PC - it did not help. So I am waiting for the fixed update. Because I be0ame to work slower due to this.

My keyboard info is

trokotof
11-26-2016, 04:41 PM
hi, i debug this old file but can't supported G752VS

Your old firmware file link is supported version ;
GL502VS
GL502VM
GM702VM
GL702VT
GL752VS
GL752VM

What is equal is G752VS model in list?

Never heard of a G"L" 752vs (GL752VW exist but doesn't look like G752VS) so i look into the web and found that GL752VS links point to what looks like our G752VS. Maybe wait for a second answer but i go for this one if you manage to do something with this old install.

xAKUMAx
11-26-2016, 05:25 PM
Never heard of a G"L" 752vs (GL752VW exist but doesn't look like G752VS) so i look into the web and found that GL752VS links point to what looks like our G752VS. Maybe wait for a second answer but i go for this one if you manage to do something with this old install.

i now force install GL752VS keyboard firmware but problem is continue, i need to G752VS old NK FW bin file

trokotof
11-26-2016, 05:35 PM
i now force install GL752VS keyboard firmware but problem is continue, i need to G752VS old NK FW bin file
Fingers crossed. But i'm so upset that it is now the communities job to solve those kind of problems each times! We are now beta testers AND problem solvers (for free) for both hardware and software companies.

JullyCat
11-26-2016, 07:05 PM
I also checked my BIOS version. It is 306.
I reviewed the last versions in asus help desk for G752VS.
There are versions G752VS_BIOS.306 (Fix Keyboard issue) and BIOS 306 (Update FW).
They were uploaded into the site in different time.
But both have the same build time. And when I tried to install them I re0eived warning - they are so old.
I guess that the fix was not installed due to the build time. I have noti0ed that the keys are messed when I type in bios also

Does anybody know how to install this version of BIOS with Fix Keyboard?
Or has anybody checked this way - reinstall both versions above?

P.S. I have noticed my light bar also does not work, only the label of laptop 0over

Madmonk77
11-26-2016, 07:09 PM
Same issue as everyone and my keyboard info is as following:

Starrbuckk
11-26-2016, 07:41 PM
I also trusted Asus. My previous laptop is almost 9 years old :) and it works now. But it has old configuration. That's why recently I bought G752VS especially for my work.
And I cannot return it to a store and leave without it for a long time.
My steps were following:
1. Asus Live Update has setting that it installs critical updates automatically. So it only notified me about this. And at that moment the keyboard did not answer.
2. At first time the update was fail. The keyboard did not answer. And Device Manager did not show any keyboard information.
3. I tried to make a rollback to restore point of Windows.
4. Only after 3 attempt of searhing a solution, Windows set the keyboard and the Asus update said that it installed successfully. But functions of keys were exchanged as yours.
5. I tried to reset PC - it did not help. So I am waiting for the fixed update. Because I be0ame to work slower due to this.

My keyboard info is

Hi,

The update failed with me also, and the keyboard is not working at all. Can you help me at least making it partially work?
Thank you,

trokotof
11-26-2016, 07:51 PM
I also checked my BIOS version. It is 306.
I reviewed the last versions in asus help desk for G752VS.
There are versions G752VS_BIOS.306 (Fix Keyboard issue) and BIOS 306 (Update FW).
They were uploaded into the site in different time.
But both have the same build time. And when I tried to install them I re0eived warning - they are so old.
I guess that the fix was not installed due to the build time. I have noti0ed that the keys are messed when I type in bios also

Does anybody know how to install this version of BIOS with Fix Keyboard?
Or has anybody checked this way - reinstall both versions above?

P.S. I have noticed my light bar also does not work, only the label of laptop 0over
Check other messages. This have already been done without success.

JullyCat
11-26-2016, 08:15 PM
Check other messages. This have already been done without success.

Yep, I remember. But I was not sure how they did it. Downgrade and then installed? Or they re0eived error not to install as I.
I'm just upset by this situation, and that the light bars on the cover and below do not shine also ((((

Blind-Seer
11-26-2016, 08:58 PM
Yep, I remember. But I was not sure how they did it. Downgrade and then installed? Or they re0eived error not to install as I.
I'm just upset by this situation, and that the light bars on the cover and below do not shine also ((((

I had the lightbar problem, I found to fix it just let your battery die completely and then when you start charging it the light bar works again. No Idea why that works but it did for me.

JullyCat
11-26-2016, 09:10 PM
I had the lightbar problem, I found to fix it just let your battery die completely and then when you start charging it the light bar works again. No Idea why that works but it did for me.
Thanks. I will try and right here about result later.

*Did the bottom lightbar not work also?

RandomJSF
11-26-2016, 09:23 PM
I know none of us are particularly happy about this situation. The timing is unfortunate, with our complaints only seeming to gain any traction right at the time of a stateside holiday and the start of the weekend overseas.

That being said... I'm not the betting sort, but even I would lay money on a fix being forthcoming. Perhaps not immediately forthcoming; the best I personally hope for is official word next week that a fix is in the works. Asus, in just about every conceivable reality, is not going to ignore this problem.

I see a number of folks in here obviously still typing with the borked keys. I really would highly suggest using the AutoHotkey workaround. It can be installed in minutes (or seconds, if you use the EXE version of the script which I link to below), and once you're logged in to Windows, provides a temporary fix for everything except Numpad Insert.

You can find AutoHotkey here:
https://autohotkey.com/download/

Here is a direct link to download the installer for the most current version as of this writing:
https://autohotkey.com/download/ahk-install.exe

And here is a link to a folder on my Google Drive which contains both a pre-made AHK script with the workaround in it (and only that, it does absolutely nothing other than switch keys around), as well as an .EXE compiled version of the same script. The .EXE version does NOT require AutoHotkey to be installed; you just run it and it works. In both cases, the script/EXE will sit in your system tray, and can be closed by simply right-clicking and choosing Exit.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzH2NpkQ5cY8cmg3bFJ0OHphajg

You can make either the script or the EXE load on startup by doing the following (forgive the rudimentary instructions; they are meant to be simple, and are not in any way meant to be insulting):

Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog
Enter "shell:startup" into the input pane, then hit OK
Copy and paste either the AHK script (assuming you installed AHK) or the EXE version of the script into the folder that opens

Once Asus releases the permanent fix, just run "shell:startup" again and delete the script/EXE, and you're back to normal.

You are, of course, free to not trust any of the links that I provided. If you want to install AutoHotkey through a Google search, and make the AHK script yourself, here are the lines to insert in the script to accomplish the workaround:

Aside from that... Patience, folks. We'll get a fix. :)

BogdanCiulei
11-26-2016, 11:05 PM
Finally some good news :
I have managed to fix the problem.
First,
I am not responsible for any damage you might do to your hardware !
YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK ! I ONLY PROVIDE POINTERS , DO NOT REPRESENT ASUS AND ONLY POST THIS AS INFORMATIVE I DO NOT PRETEND ITS A SURE FIX AND THIS MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR LAPTOP !

How to obtain the files :
Install 7zip
Download "ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool" from Downloads->Others.
Open archive, extract KeyboardUpdate.exe

Right click on it, 7zip->Open Archive
Inside it, go to .rscr ->1028
Extract folder Binary on your desktop.
Go to folder. Create new folder inside called "fw tool".
Right click on file FW_TOOL ->7zip->Open archive
Extract files in "fw_tool" folder

Go to "fw tool" folder
Go to "INI" folder.
Edit file UsbUpdate.ini
Change initial values to this:

[MESSAGE]
RECORD_MESSAGE=1

[FUNCTION]
AUTO_RUN=1
CHECK_THEN_UPDATE_FW=0
CHECK_FW_ONLY=0
FORCE_CHECK_AND_UPDATE_FW=1

Now for the tricky part .
Inside the "fw tool" folder , there 's a NK.bin

That file is initially with a version or hardware name of NK00060003
That version resulted in the keys switch.
You have to replace that file with one of the NK* files in the main "Binary" folder.
For me "FW_NK0003000B" worked. For you ,it might be different.
You need to copy that file over the NK.bin - delete the original, copy file and change its name to NK.bin

Then just run the exe, ASUS NKey FW Update Tool_v0.0.9T2.exe
You will need to wait for a few minutes, during which you will see the keyboard backlight blinking.
After a successful run, the tool will produce a log (ASUS_USB_Update_Result.log) that reads something like this:

Load setting parameters from ini file......Done !

File path : C:\Users\x\Desktop\New folder\fw tool\NK.bin

File size : 57344KB

File FW version : NK0003000B

[Tip] : Press AUTO button to update FW.

Searching USB device......

Found device, VID/PID = 0B05/1837.

ASUS HID device initialization done !

Device FW : NK00060003

Entering flash mode......Done !

========= Start Update Device FW ===========

Flash erasing......Done !

Flash is checking......Done !

Flash is programing......Done !

Flash is verifying......Done !

PASS !

Reset device, please wait......

For reference, my Model Number is G752VS-GB125T. Again, another file might be needed for your model.

Proof of fix :

xAKUMAx
11-27-2016, 01:54 AM
Hi,

Please read this first : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88918-G752VS-ASUS-Keyboard-Adjustment-Tool&p=618556&viewfull=1#post618556

G752VS Keyboard Problem Fix Tool

Download zip file and extract click a firmware version batch file, please wait the "Firmware update is successfull..!" message in console or "Keyboard blacklight flashes"

Tested G752VS Versions ;
#SINDEX
G752VS-GB125T - FW_NK0003000B
G752VS-GB007TC - FW_NK0003000B
G752VS-XB72K OC Edition - FW_NK0003000B
G752VS-XB72K - FW_NK00060003
G752VS-RB71 - FW_NK0003000B
G752VM-GC005T - FW_NK0003000B
G752VS-GC054T - FW_NK0003000B
G752VS-GC018T - FW_NK0003000B
#EINDEX
If give the error return original firmware run FW_NKORIGINAL batch file.

Google Drive Link : https://goo.gl/o9QO2x

Good Luck...

VEG718
11-27-2016, 03:12 AM
Hi,

Please read this first : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88918-G752VS-ASUS-Keyboard-Adjustment-Tool&p=618556&viewfull=1#post618556

Download zip file and extract click a firmware version batch file, please wait the "Firmware update is successfull..!" message in console or "Keyboard blacklight flashes"

Tested G752VS Versions ;

Google Drive Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B79keYk_h9kdVnNWTEtsaTNSOUE

Good Luck...

I can confirm that it worked out for my ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K OC Edition with FW_NK0003000B ! Thank You ! The keyboard issue is fixed.
P.S. -> Now I'm looking for a solution how to turn the lid light back on, the button from the ASUS gaming center doesn't make any sense...

RandomJSF
11-27-2016, 03:35 AM
I can confirm that it worked out for my ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K OC Edition ! Thank You ! The keyboard issue is fixed.
P.S. -> Now I'm looking for a solution how to turn the lid light back on, the button from the ASUS gaming center doesn't make any sense...

Could you mention which firmware version worked for you?

xAKUMAx
11-27-2016, 04:05 AM
I can confirm that it worked out for my ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K OC Edition with FW_NK0003000B ! Thank You ! The keyboard issue is fixed.

Thank you for feedback, updated the tested version list and open a Rog Gaming Center Light Bar Off later On working all done :)

MDFMac
11-27-2016, 04:14 AM
worked for me thanks guys way above my head to figure this stuff out.. the 00060003 is the one I had to use on my G752vs oc the 3000B locked up my keyboard completely weird but I am good to go.. lesson learned don't trust anything that asus puts out until I read it here working from more than one person

you guys in this forum that do all the testing and fix stuff for them should be working for them... and fire there entire support center ... lol

in my line of work if I had to reley on my customer to fix my product I would be out of work quick

G752vs-xb72k R
used NK00060003 off the download listed at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B79...nNWTEtsaTNSOUE had to play around for it to work and I advise some one that don't understand what they are doing to not try and wait for asus to release a fix because I can see someone clicking the wrong thing and stopping there entire keyboard from working. but if your like me and always take chances go ahead and give it a shot

xAKUMAx
11-27-2016, 04:17 AM
worked for me thanks guys way above my head to figure this stuff out.. the 00060003 is the one I had to use on my G752vs oc the 3000B locked up my keyboard completely weird but I am good to go.. lesson learned don't trust anything that asus puts out until I read it here working from more than one person

you guys in this forum that do all the testing and fix stuff for them should be working for them... and fire there entire support center ... lol

in my line of work if I had to reley on my customer to fix my product I would be out of work quick

Please write your G752VS full version and what is name used firmware ?

need for updated tested list.

VEG718
11-27-2016, 04:22 AM
Thank you for feedback, updated the tested version list and open a Rog Gaming Center Light Bar Off later On working all done :)

I turned it OFF once and it's not going ON again but I don't think it's related to the keyboard issue so I'll see what can I do.
--------
Edit: OK, I fixed it in very unusual way... by letting the battery die off. Once the laptop fully drained and turned off, I turned it ON (without attaching the power cord) and the lightbar was successfully recovered and lighting again ! And now the button from ROG Gaming Center is working properly ! Hope it helps to anybody with the same issue.

nebbors
11-27-2016, 04:24 AM
Finally some good news :
I have managed to fix the problem.
First,
I am not responsible for any damage you might do to your hardware !
YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK ! I ONLY PROVIDE POINTERS , DO NOT REPRESENT ASUS AND ONLY POST THIS AS INFORMATIVE I DO NOT PRETEND ITS A SURE FIX AND THIS MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR LAPTOP !

How to obtain the files :
Install 7zip
Download "ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool" from Downloads->Others.
Open archive, extract KeyboardUpdate.exe

Right click on it, 7zip->Open Archive
Inside it, go to .rscr ->1028
Extract folder Binary on your desktop.
Go to folder. Create new folder inside called "fw tool".
Right click on file FW_TOOL ->7zip->Open archive
Extract files in "fw_tool" folder

Go to "fw tool" folder
Go to "INI" folder.
Edit file UsbUpdate.ini
Change initial values to this:

[MESSAGE]
RECORD_MESSAGE=1

[FUNCTION]
AUTO_RUN=1
CHECK_THEN_UPDATE_FW=0
CHECK_FW_ONLY=0
FORCE_CHECK_AND_UPDATE_FW=1

Now for the tricky part .
Inside the "fw tool" folder , there 's a NK.bin

That file is initially with a version or hardware name of NK00060003
That version resulted in the keys switch.
You have to replace that file with one of the NK* files in the main "Binary" folder.
For me "FW_NK0003000B" worked. For you ,it might be different.
You need to copy that file over the NK.bin - delete the original, copy file and change its name to NK.bin

Then just run the exe, ASUS NKey FW Update Tool_v0.0.9T2.exe
You will need to wait for a few minutes, during which you will see the keyboard backlight blinking.
After a successful run, the tool will produce a log (ASUS_USB_Update_Result.log) that reads something like this:

File path : C:\Users\x\Desktop\New folder\fw tool\NK.bin

Flash is checking......Done !

Flash is programing......Done !

Flash is verifying......Done !

PASS !

Reset device, please wait......

For reference, my Model Number is G752VS-GB125T. Again, another file might be needed for your model.

Proof of fix :

Worked for me!

xAKUMAx
11-27-2016, 04:34 AM
Worked for me!

Please write your notebook full version and used firmware version for another users.

xAKUMAx
11-27-2016, 04:36 AM
I turned it OFF once and it's not going ON again but I don't think it's related to the keyboard issue so I'll see what can I do.

Please re update firmware wait keyboard blacklight flashes later again off > on

RandomJSF
11-27-2016, 05:03 AM
I was able to get the batch file version to work on my G752VS-XB72K, but I had to do a few tricks.

The NK00060003 file worked for me. In order to get it to work, I had to extract the files to a folder directly off C:, and then run an elevated Command Prompt. From the command prompt, I navigated to the folder I extracted the files to, and ran the batch file from there.

All attempts to run the .bat file by clicking it failed with a silent error, which I could only find by viewing the log file.

trokotof
11-27-2016, 06:20 AM
FW_NK0003000B works on my G752vs-rb71 thanks so much @BogdanCiulei and @xAKUMAx . I now have to figure how to put back the light bars on as the dead battery trick didn't work for me.

Edit: I just restarted my computer after this update and the light bars are on again! Pimp my asus!

xAKUMAx
11-27-2016, 06:25 AM
FW_NK0003000B works on my G752vs-rb71 thanks so much @BogdanCiulei and @xAKUMAx . I now have to figure how to put back the light bars on as the dead battery trick didn't work for me.

Thank you for feedback, Switch Light Bar Off and On in Rog Gaming Center :)

Platina
11-27-2016, 10:46 AM
FW_NK0003000B worked on my G752VS-GC026T, thanks for the effort guys !!

Zarifra
11-27-2016, 12:55 PM
Has anyone figured out which files to use for the VM versions yet? I am traveling so really cannot attempt these without the possibility of making it worse.

guylap
11-27-2016, 01:27 PM
FW_NK0003000B.bat worked also for me on my Asus G752VS-RB71 P/N 90NB0D71-M00710.
Everything is back to normal. Great thanks to xAKUMAx and everybody responsible for this fix.

StarBuck BSG
11-27-2016, 01:31 PM
I'm sorry to say that none of the .bat files worked for me :( my model is G752VS GC054T but good work on it all the same.
i too am traveling tomorrow for a month an this was the only reason for buying this laptop so i am a bit angry about this but hoping a fix that works for me will come soon.

winnArs7
11-27-2016, 01:39 PM
Hi I'm also suffering the same problem as you all are i this forum unfortunately I am not as techy as you guys.. Just requesting a little hand holding here if you guys have the time.

when you say-- Download "ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool" from Downloads->Others.
I go to the asus support page and enter my model which is g752vs oc edition and then click on drivers and tools and choose others in the OS and then download this G752VS_BIOS.306
Fix Keyboard issue?

Thank you for your support. I called asus help center and tried everything they recommended except doing the factory reset. Good think I stumbled upon this forum before i decided to do it.

Thanks guys!

toronto699
11-27-2016, 01:46 PM
winnArs7
downloading the G752VS_BIOS.306
Fix Keyboard issue?
That BIOS Does Not FIX The KeyBoard

BogdanCiulei
11-27-2016, 02:10 PM
The mainboard BIOS has nothing to do with it, I have tried multiple files from various sources ,even the .304 version and nothing fixed it.

Everyone that feels this is too tech involved, just download the file provided xAKUMAx - https://goo.gl/o9QO2x (https://goo.gl/o9QO2x)

Use of the .bat files and be sure to Run as Administrator

That is , right click on it and use "Run as Administrator"

You will have to wait at least for the keyboard lights to blink, that takes some time, so be patient !

If none of the files work for you, please find the log ASUS_USB_Update_Result.log in FW TOOL folder and paste it here along with your exact Model Number

Again, using those files is AT YOUR OWN RISK , but in theory you should always be able to revert back to the broken firmware that only reverts C and 0 by using the original NK.bin or the corresponding bat file.

Archri
11-27-2016, 02:36 PM
Has anyone figured out which files to use for the VM versions yet? I am traveling so really cannot attempt these without the possibility of making it worse.

FW_NK0003000B worked for me perfectly - I have an ASUS G752VM-GC005T.

So, thanks xAKUMAx, you deserve a medal!

ropbasuel
11-27-2016, 03:02 PM
Now that all the work has been made by the Asus Customers, is it asking too much to Asus Support Center to copy this solution and make it available through Asus Live Update???

I'm not as techy as some users, and I am afraid to completely brick my keyboard.

JullyCat
11-27-2016, 03:06 PM
I have not verified the solution for my laptop - tomorrow the work week will start, so at the moment I am afraid to try.
If I have another laptop for work, maybe, I will make the attempt. Also I haven't found that somebody has the same model.

Also I would like to say that the way to make the battery's death and recharge and restart the laptop did not help me with light elements.
Only keyboard and the laptop's label shine, without light bars and bottom bar.

My model is *G752VS-GC067T

MDFMac
11-27-2016, 03:07 PM
yea I would think that now that there is a fix on here it should be quick for them.. but then again they may be like most engineers and think they have to justify there jobs by over complicating the situation.

if you have a usb keyboard available and you brick it... shouldn't the usb one still work? so you can revert back? mine said press any key to continue and none of my keys worked the first time.. lol some how I got lucky and it didn't ask that when I reverted.

Starrbuckk
11-27-2016, 04:18 PM
All of the batch files work for me, still the keyboard does not work, all the keys dont work. Thinking i need a first step to making it work with the swapped keys you all are having.
If anyone had the same issue and got it to work with swapped keys, il be very thankfull.6061160610

BogdanCiulei
11-27-2016, 05:09 PM
All of the batch files work for me, still the keyboard does not work, all the keys dont work. Thinking i need a first step to making it work with the swapped keys you all are having.
If anyone had the same issue and got it to work with swapped keys, il be very thankfull

You probably didn't wait for the firmware re-write to finish. Please post the ASUS_USB_Update_Result.log contents.
Might also be worth to do a restart and then try again

Starrbuckk
11-27-2016, 05:31 PM
You probably didn't wait for the firmware re-write to finish. Please post the ASUS_USB_Update_Result.log contents.
Might also be worth to do a restart and then try again

File path : C:\ASUS_G752VS_KB_Fix.zip (Unzipped Files)\FW_TOOL\NK.bin

File FW version : NK00060003

Not found, retry 1 time(s)

Not found, retry 2 time(s)

Not found, retry 3 time(s)

Not found, retry 4 time(s)

Not found, retry 5 time(s)

[ERROR] NOT found any correct device.

BogdanCiulei
11-27-2016, 05:38 PM
What model do you have Starbuckk ?
By looking at your device manager pic, I can see you don't have the Asus HID Keyboard driver anymore, only the Microsoft one.

Can you please reinstall all your drivers ?

Spartox
11-27-2016, 05:46 PM
First, i want to tell a BIG THANKS to this community, especially to BogdanCiulei, xAKUMAx, and trokotof who translated to me a part of this tutorial.
Everything works again, c, numpad 0, lightbars ! THANK YOU, THIS COMMUNITY IS FASTER, BETTER, SMARTER, (Stronger ?) THAN THE MONKEYS WHO MADE THIS UPDATE WITHOUT TESTS !!!!
For informations, my ROG is G752vs-GC018T and the .bat file who worked for me was NK0003000B !
THANKS A LOT !!!

(But i'll never buy another ASUS laptop if you must solve them problems by yourself with the help of the community, never.)

Starrbuckk
11-27-2016, 06:01 PM
What model do you have Starbuckk ?
By looking at your device manager pic, I can see you don't have the Asus HID Keyboard driver anymore, only the Microsoft one.

Can you please reinstall all your drivers ?

Model: G752V

I reinstalled Asus ATK, tried installing the keyboard update which tells me i already have the latest update installed.
Tried uninstalling everything, rebooting, system restore didnt work. I dont know what else to do.

What happend was, when the keyboard update was installing, it took some 2 minutes, then it gave me and error message saying it failed. And that's when the keyboard stopped working.

Please help.

BogdanCiulei
11-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Model: G752V

I reinstalled Asus ATK, tried installing the keyboard update which tells me i already have the latest update installed.
Tried uninstalling everything, rebooting, system restore didnt work. I dont know what else to do.

What happend was, when the keyboard update was installing, it took some 2 minutes, then it gave me and error message saying it failed. And that's when the keyboard stopped working.

Please help.

In Device Manager -> View-> Show hidden devices

Then check if you have another HID keyboard driver that's grayed out. Eventually post a pic.

Install all your drivers, I don't know which one does the trick, probably the ones from Intel ( mobo chipset ). You should probably reboot multiple times.

The first time I have installed the "keyboard update" , actually, Asus installed it for me, it also failed and my keyboard stopped working, but after a reboot it was on again, but with the C and 0 reversed.

Edit : That's not your full model number. The full model number should be on the side of the laptop box, marked "model #"

StarBuck BSG
11-27-2016, 06:40 PM
Its seems that FW_NK0001009 worked for me but only after about 10 attempts my model is G752VS-GC054T. But in the end it worked light bar and all so if it did not work first time for anyone else try a few more times. Thanks to BogdanCiulei and xAKUMAx for there work.

Starrbuckk
11-27-2016, 06:48 PM
In Device Manager -> View-> Show hidden devices

Then check if you have another HID keyboard driver that's grayed out. Eventually post a pic.

Install all your drivers, I don't know which one does the trick, probably the ones from Intel ( mobo chipset ). You should probably reboot multiple times.

The first time I have installed the "keyboard update" , actually, Asus installed it for me, it also failed and my keyboard stopped working, but after a reboot it was on again, but with the C and 0 reversed.

Edit : That's not your full model number. The full model number should be on the side of the laptop box, marked "model #"

Got 2 more on device manager, one grayed out.
Model Number : G752VS-76B07PB1

JullyCat
11-27-2016, 07:08 PM
It was the same for me - the first install was fail and the keyboard did not work.
The Device Manager did not show any keyboards.
I made restart Windows, and returned back to the previous story point via Control Panel\System and Security\System - Advanced System Settings -> System Protection -> System Restore.
And then the Keyboard Adjustment Tool installed successfully and keyboard started to work.
But I also have only Microsoft installed driver, not Asus
60614 60615
And it is also same for me In Device Manager -> View-> Show hidden devices

BogdanCiulei
11-27-2016, 07:10 PM
I bet that the one that's saying not working is your actual Asus keyboard. If you can go to properties -> details and select Hardware IDs from the dropdown, then screen shot that, we can check.
You have three HID devices under keyboards, can you post this info for all of them ?

As for the fix, if your Asus keyboard is not recognized anymore, I would say you need to return the laptop.
But first, post the info and try reinstalling these:
Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Driver from Others
Intel Management Engine Interface from Others
Intel INF Update Driver from Chipset
ATKPackage from ATK

Also try draining the battery , or Bios reset to defaults

BogdanCiulei
11-27-2016, 07:14 PM
It was the same for me - the first install was fail and the keyboard did not work.
The Device Manager did not show any keyboards.
I made restart Windows, and returned back to the previous story point via Control Panel\System and Security\System - Advanced System Settings -> System Protection -> System Restore.
And then the Keyboard Adjustment Tool installed successfully and keyboard started to work.
But I also have only Microsoft installed driver, not Asus

Yes, the driver producer is Microsoft, but the vendor Id from Hardware Ids is 0B05 , the same as for all of us. Starbuckk doesn't seem to have a device with this vendor id , or its not enabled.

Starrbuckk
11-27-2016, 07:17 PM
I bet that the one that's saying not working is your actual Asus keyboard. If you can go to properties -> details and select Hardware IDs from the dropdown, then screen shot that, we can check.
You have three HID devices under keyboards, can you post this info for all of them ?

As for the fix, if your Asus keyboard is not recognized anymore, I would say you need to return the laptop.
ATKPackage from ATK

I uninstalled the grey one and restarted the laptop, now it doesnt show. Il try reinstalling what u said and post back. Thank you

Info on all i have right now.

Starrbuckk
11-27-2016, 07:39 PM
I uninstalled the grey one and restarted the laptop, now it doesnt show. Il try reinstalling what u said and post back. Thank you

Info on all i have right now.

Reinstalled everything on the list and still doesnt work. Nothing changed on device manager

Can anyone give me a tutorial on how to bio reset to default?

Starrbuckk
11-27-2016, 07:58 PM
Saw on asus driver page a bios update to fix keyboard issue.

Tried to update using winflash, but it says the version is older and wont let me do anything.

Still hoping someone finds a solution for me =\

BogdanCiulei
11-27-2016, 08:21 PM
Hi Starbuckk, sorry nothing worked for you.
You don't have a driver from the same manufacturer as the rest of us, that is , VID_0B05.
That can mean two things:

1) Either your laptop has a different keyboard, so you shouldn't have gotten that update , but considering how poor Asus handled all this, nothing amazes me anymore. You need a different firmware which we cant get for you, so only Asus can help you.

2) Your actual keyboard is broken and doesn't respond anymore . Its driver was the greyed one, so there's no way to fix it , its usb controller doesn't work anymore. In this case , Asus should replace your laptop or refund you, because they broke it.

To access your BIOS, press F2 during boot. The Restore Defaults option is in Save & Settings tab.

vitorguerralopes
11-28-2016, 12:09 PM
Hi guys,
I've bought my 0omputer 2 weeks ago and unfortunately I've updated my ROG G752VS-GC086T. As a result, I've got the same keyboard issue as you guys.
I've read the posts and I'm happy that you found a solution. However, I'm not a TECH person and I would like to know if you think that ASUS will provide an update to fix the keyboard issue.

Regards,

Vitor

Andre_K
11-28-2016, 12:57 PM
Hi people,

Same situation as everyone as this point, I've got a ROG G752VS-GC086T and got the critical update and as a result, I've got the same keyboard issues. I have attempted FW_NK0003000B only to have the following:

File path : C:\Users\Andre\Desktop\BINARY\fw tool\NK.bin

Flash is checking......[ERROR] Flash not blanket !

[Error] Get error in flash progress, reset decice.

No idea what it means at the end there, but after strictly following the instructions it resulted in my keyboard not working completely, so the solution was to use the downloaded Keyboard Adjustment tool program to fix it. Obviously the issue is still there (keys exchanged), but it saved me from fearing that I've lost my computer forever (I'm using Sharp keys to temporarily fix C and numpad 0 so I can at least type). So as conclusion (as of now) NK0003000B fix does not work for ROG G752VS-GC086T at this point in time, at least according to the text above.

At this point, I'm not sure I'm willing to go beyond the call of duty to try out the other ones after a failed attempt. I've only got this computer like over few weeks, perhaps even around the same time as Victor's. I can wait for an official fix as I'm not that bothered by it at the moment (thank you Sharp Keys), but obviously it is annoying to have computer only for few weeks and already experiencing problems caused by the makers.

Best regards

nicovil
11-28-2016, 01:01 PM
Hello everybody.

THANKS TO BogdanCiulei for its workaround, it worked to me too.

My model is a G752VS-XB78K OC Edition and the FW_NK0003000B file was the winner one.

Thanks guys!

KEVIN1989
11-28-2016, 01:29 PM
Hi,

Please read this first : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post618556

Tested G752VS Versions ;
#SINDEX
G752VS-XB72K OC Edition - FW_NK0003000B
G752VS-XB72K - FW_NK00060003
G752VS-RB71 - FW_NK0003000B
G752VM-GC005T - FW_NK0003000B
G752VS-GC054T - FW_NK0003000B
G752VS-GC018T - FW_NK0003000B
#EINDEX

Google Drive Link : https://goo.gl/o9QO2x

Good Luck...

Hi Guy,

i have an asus ROG g752vs GC122T, i don't know what kind of FW-Nk i need to whritefor replace the other one.

How can i know the file will be replaced by the new ? I have this files in my FW_TOOL : FW_NK003000B/FW_NK00010009/FW_NK00060003/FW_NK00070003.

Sorry for my English i am so bad :( and thanks for the answer.

vitorguerralopes
11-28-2016, 01:52 PM
Hi people,

Same situation as everyone as this point, I've got a ROG G752VS-GC086T and got the critical update and as a result, I've got the same keyboard issues. I have attempted FW_NK0003000B only to have the following:

No idea what it means at the end there, but after strictly following the instructions it resulted in my keyboard not working completely, so the solution was to use the downloaded Keyboard Adjustment tool program to fix it. Obviously the issue is still there (keys exchanged), but it saved me from fearing that I've lost my computer forever (I'm using Sharp keys to temporarily fix C and numpad 0 so I can at least type). So as conclusion (as of now) NK0003000B fix does not work for ROG G752VS-GC086T at this point in time, at least according to the text above.

At this point, I'm not sure I'm willing to go beyond the call of duty to try out the other ones after a failed attempt. I've only got this computer like over few weeks, perhaps even around the same time as Victor's. I can wait for an official fix as I'm not that bothered by it at the moment (thank you Sharp Keys), but obviously it is annoying to have computer only for few weeks and already experiencing problems caused by the makers.

Best regards

Thanks for replying. Have you bought your computer in Australia ?
Please, let me know if some "fix tool" works for you.
I can't send my computer to ASUS service centre because I'm going to travel soon and I will need my laptop with me.

Cheers.

BogdanCiulei
11-28-2016, 02:09 PM
Might be that some laptops have a hardware problem that prevents their keyboard flash to be rewritten successfully.
In such a case, I strongly suggest to address Asus , which should service your laptop

gawangtala
11-28-2016, 02:18 PM
None of them worked.

I had to reinstall everything again because the whole keyboard didn't work at all after trying the zip file provided here. After mins of waiting while installing the FW zip file for VM it didn't finish as expected and the whole process got freeze. (I tried the FW_NKORIGINAL batch file after getting an error message then install FW_NK0003000B hoping that VM version would work but it didn't) So I have to reset the power and then pfft the whole bootup didn't went through with the loading infinitely looped. So I have to fix it repair and reset to factory again for the 2nd time. Now I still use the temporary fix which is the AHK method. How I get inside again? I have another laptop and saved the asus file for keyboard update to usb while using on screen keyboard.

Here's my ROG Model:
G752VM-GC018T

Kudos to people who work for the fix though.

BogdanCiulei
11-28-2016, 02:21 PM
Hi Guy,

i have an asus ROG g752vs GC122T, i don't know what kind of FW-Nk i need to whritefor replace the other one.

How can i know the file will be replaced by the new ? I have this files in my FW_TOOL : FW_NK003000B/FW_NK00010009/FW_NK00060003/FW_NK00070003.

Sorry for my English i am so bad :( and thanks for the answer.

The NK0003000B should work for u too

philliesphreak711
11-28-2016, 02:45 PM
The tips here have been fantastic! Thank you to all who contributed. All my keys/lights are functioning properly once again.

I just wanted to confirm that FW_NK0003000B correct the keyboard issue on my G752VS-XB78K OC Edition.

It should be noted that the first few attempts it was giving me an error along the lines of "firmware is not blanket, resetting", while the console would show a completed flash (keyboard bricked at that point & switched to an external). Eventually, I ran the "RW_EC_MEM" application included with the original files & the flash then worked on the next attempt.

ropbasuel
11-28-2016, 02:56 PM
Asus simply does not give a **** about this.

Today a friend of mine had the Asus Live Update telling him to update to this "Keyboard Adjustment Tool" as a critical update. He only didn't accept it because I have already told him what happened to me!

So that means that this "beautiful" update is still being published by Asus as a good update. If they knew that was something wrong it would be immediately stopped from appearing in Asus Live Update.

That tells me that they do not even know what's happening! Their support center is not escalating this problem to their superiors! They are only a bunch of trained monkeys to say: "It's not working??? Oh, ok! Reset it to factory default using F9 and your good to go!".

Shame on them.

BogdanCiulei
11-28-2016, 03:07 PM
Hi people,

Best regards

You should follow the log advice and reset your computer , it probably has a backup copy that it re-installs.

paradox14
11-28-2016, 04:00 PM
I have just discussed with asus service. It's depressing. Always the same answer: the problem is raised. At this speed he must already be on the moon! This is my first and last ASUS. What a mistake I made of not staying at DELL. The price is a bit higher but at least the SAV does not laugh at you ...

nebbors
11-28-2016, 09:31 PM
I have just discussed with asus service. It's depressing. Always the same answer: the problem is raised. At this speed he must already be on the moon! This is my first and last ASUS. What a mistake I made of not staying at DELL. The price is a bit higher but at least the SAV does not laugh at you ...

Good lord people! yeah they screwed up! But so far, no one has killed anyone.

Chill!

I know releasing this around Thanksgiving wasn't bright. But it IS around thanksgiving, give them some time to get back on track.

As far as I can tell. A Forum member released a fix.

Either way, life will go on. Asus is still better than most other laptop companies.

Buggsy
11-28-2016, 10:28 PM

Chill!

I know releasing this around Thanksgiving wasn't bright. But it IS around thanksgiving, give them some time to get back on track.

Either way, life will go on. Asus is still better than most other laptop companies.

It's not just a mater that Asus made a mistake. Honestly, this mistake is annoying but not really crippling. It's that their solution (and only solution) is to wipe out your data and reset Windows. A process that will *never* fix this. And when that doesn't work, they tell people to reinstall drivers or wipe it again. Both from this and a prior problem, has really soured me on Asus. I'm *not* saying that I'll never buy anything Asus ever again, but realistically, I expect a level of support better than what I'd get with a $300 Dell. Consider the hours upon hours that people outside of this forum have spent rebuilding their PCs because Asus tech support said that was the fix for a bad firmware package.

paradox14
11-28-2016, 10:45 PM

Chill!

Finding a solution must be complicated, i'm agree with you. However, remove the firmware from website and make a communication that says the work is going on, it's not crazy. How do people who know nothing about computers with a keyboard without the "c" and the "0" since 10d ?

Nobody died, that's for sure, except may be respect for the customer and the quality of service.

nebbors
11-29-2016, 12:48 AM
Finding a solution must be complicated, i'm agree with you. However, remove the firmware from website and make a communication that says the work is going on, it's not crazy. How do people who know nothing about computers with a keyboard without the "c" and the "0" since 10d ?

Nobody died, that's for sure, except may be respect for the customer and the quality of service.

So, bureaucracy, I suspect, is the problem. This includes a bet that Thanksgiving is at fault. A company of this size around thanksgiving, 2/3 of the people are off (before, during, after).

If you have worked at a large company, you know this to be true.

ropbasuel
11-29-2016, 01:13 AM
The problem did not start on Thanks Giving. As we can see on this thread on day 18 there were already users saying this update messed up the keyboard.

Saying that we all should be calm and understand that this is a holiday season, bla bla bla... I'm sorry but that is unacceptable. Asus is a worlwide company. Do you know how many countries in the world celebrate ThanksGiving?

But that is not the subject. The subject is:

- Asus develops and publishes one update without even testing it. If they did test it, they would check that it was full of errors in 1 minute.

- Asus support center does not even want to understand the problem. All they can say is that a F9 restore will solve the problem. We all know that is impossible. Support Center should know this better than us.

- Telling a customer to do one factory reset on a laptop, just because they messed up with one update is completely unacceptable. Do you even know how much time would we all have to spend to get things back like it were, BEFORE their magical update? Do you think that it is a plausible thing to ask customers to do when they completely messed up? (Even though that WILL NOT FIX THE KEYBOARD)

- Asus is still publishing this faulty UPDATE. That tells me that they don't even know what is really happening.

I could be here all night! Regarding the fact that you have told that there was a fix made by a user. I refuse to solve this problem without an Asus official update. I do not want to brick my keyboard like someone here did. Asus made the mess, Asus should fix the mess.

Oh, and btw I work in a big company. In fact I'm on the board of one big company. And I can tell you that if someone on my company had this kind of posture to the client, they would be in a lot of trouble.

cl-Albert
11-29-2016, 01:21 AM
fyi.

Sorry for the delay, but my request yesterday for the procedure to update the keyboard HW ID to ver '0011' has not been answered yet by my escalation contact, so still waiting for this...

However, remove the firmware from website and make a communication that says the work is going on, it's not crazy. How do people who know nothing about computers with a keyboard without the "c" and the "0" since 10d ?

Yes, I've submitted another request yesterday to remove this update from the ASUS Live Updates while we investigate, but have not received a reply about it either and apparently it is still going on...

Yes, for what it's worth, it's not something we're happy to see on our end for customers or for us, and a little disappointed that we haven't been able to get more done on our end.
Overseas doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving as far as I know, so they don't have that excuse, but it probably made it a little tougher to escalate from the U.S. office.
Expect other ASUS offices worldwide have reported the issue too though, so hopefully this will help get a quicker solution.

The longer it goes on, the more our frontline support as well as backend RMAs will need to deal with it, so our support staff would definitely like to get this resolved ASAP, but we can't do this ourselves and need help from our other departments.

- Asus support center does not even want to understand the problem. All they can say is that a F9 restore will solve the problem. We all know that is impossible. Support Center should know this better than us.

- Telling a customer to do one factory reset on a laptop, just because they messed up with one update is completely unacceptable. Do you even know how much time would we all have to spend to get things back like it were, BEFORE their magical update? Do you think that it is a plausible thing to ask customers to do when they completely messed up? (Even though that WILL NOT FIX THE KEYBOARD)

Yes, agreed, and thanks for the feedback.
We've informed our U.S. call centers at least to stop suggesting Windows System Restore or Windows Reset for this keyboard firmware issue and to ask customers to wait for the official response and solution, so hopefully all the agents get the message.

Anyway, I'll plan to let you know when I hear anything new.

Clintlgm
11-29-2016, 01:38 AM
We have our own Asus Repair guy in the forum now Bill@Asus I suggest everyone PM him. I know he knows about this..... he is a direct link to Repair

xAKUMAx
11-29-2016, 02:34 AM
Closed this topic..!

ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool 1.0.2.0 in Support page ;

https://www.asus.com/tr/Notebooks/ROG-G752VS/HelpDesk_Download/

Silvai112
11-29-2016, 05:39 AM
So guys, I might've messed up big time.

Like everyone here, I've fallen victim to the Asus firmware update, which caused me C and Alt 0 keys to reverse. Hoping for a fix, I've tried everything previous people have done: system restore, uninstall drivers, reinstall drivers, etc. Eventually, I came across a possible fix by BogdanCiule via .bat files.

This is where things could've gone horribly wrong.

First, I used the NK0003000B.bat in admin CMD, which caused my keyboard to do nothing afterwards. All keys did not register, and in doing so, made the keyboard in device manager go cloudy. As a result, I attempted to install the NKORIGINAL.bat, which did nothing, and after did all other .bat files which yielded no results.

Although when using the keyboard adjustment tool, it tells me I have the latest firmware installed.

I'm using a G752VM-RB71

Here's screens of my desktop and devices, plus the log files of my last attempt at the .bat files.

http://i.imgur.com/t1KhetL.png?1

The backlight on the keyboard is still illuminated. Any feedback is appreciated.
EDIT: Link to the original image http://i.imgur.com/t1KhetL.png?1

xAKUMAx
11-29-2016, 05:43 AM
So guys, I might've messed up big time.

Like everyone here, I've fallen victim to the Asus firmware update, which caused me C and Alt 0 keys to reverse. Hoping for a fix, I've tried everything previous people have done: system restore, uninstall drivers, reinstall drivers, etc. Eventually, I came across a possible fix by BogdanCiule via .bat files.

This is where things could've gone horribly wrong.

First, I used the NK0003000B.bat in admin CMD, which caused my keyboard to do nothing afterwards. All keys did not register, and in doing so, made the keyboard in device manager go cloudy. As a result, I attempted to install the NKORIGINAL.bat, which did nothing, and after did all other .bat files which yielded no results.

Although when using the keyboard adjustment tool, it tells me I have the latest firmware installed.

I'm using a G752VM-RB71

Here's screens of my desktop and devices, plus the log files of my last attempt at the .bat files.

http://i.imgur.com/t1KhetL.png?1

The backlight on the keyboard is still illuminated. Any feedback is appreciated.
EDIT: Link to the original image http://i.imgur.com/t1KhetL.png?1

Hi add me skype : akumareal i check in teamviewer

Silvai112
11-29-2016, 05:59 AM
Hi add me skype : akumareal i check in teamviewer

Wow, I'm truly amazed.

xAKUMAx knows his stuff. Added via skype and teamveiwer, and he repaired my keyboard within minutes.

Whatever it was guys that he did, I'm impressed.

Thanks a ton for repairing my firmware!

xAKUMAx
11-29-2016, 06:01 AM
Wow, I'm truly amazed.

xAKUMAx knows his stuff. Added via skype and teamveiwer, and he repaired my keyboard within minutes.

Whatever it was guys that he did, I'm impressed.

Thanks a ton for repairing my firmware!

thank you very much, have a nice day with g752vs :)

BogdanCiulei
11-29-2016, 06:51 AM
The problem is that the Asus update already bricked at least one laptop .
And they refuse to remove it !

The solution that I found, in all honesty, when used by someone untrained might further brick keyboards, because it rewrites the keyboard firmware . Anything going wrong with that and you end up with a not working laptop.
The responsibility for this should belong to Asus.

I am willing to help people over Skype too, just pm me .

LoudS
11-29-2016, 08:18 AM
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88918-G752VS-ASUS-Keyboard-Adjustment-Tool&p=618556&viewfull=1#post618556

However, I recommend you use a USB keyboard (It helps). My first flash attempt was unsuccessful and the keyboard died. However, the second attempt at the flash worked and the keyboard now seems to work fine, lights and all.

Thanks to all on the forum that have helped and supported (especially BogdanCiulei). I am pretty dissapointed with ASUS, this should have been escallated much quicker. I suspect there are many dissapointed customers, way to go ASUS.

Cheers all

VTec555
11-29-2016, 11:11 AM
FYI: according to my information Asus will come with a update this week to get this problem solved. A soon as I have more information about it I will inform you asap :)

Baconstrips
11-29-2016, 05:28 PM
So overtime my keyboard just finally went out.. I have have nothing.. I am going to call Asus. Right now without an external keyboard and mouse I have a giant paper weight... When I try the other fixes that are offered here this is what the log states.

File path : D:\Attempted Fix\FW_TOOL\NK.bin

So I think my keyboard is dead.

xAKUMAx
11-29-2016, 06:18 PM
So overtime my keyboard just finally went out.. I have have nothing.. I am going to call Asus. Right now without an external keyboard and mouse I have a giant paper weight... When I try the other fixes that are offered here this is what the log states.

File path : D:\Attempted Fix\FW_TOOL\NK.bin

So I think my keyboard is dead.

Hello add me on skype : akumareal

Baconstrips
11-29-2016, 08:28 PM
Man if xAKUMAx dosen't work for Asus he should. That guy was able to fixed my keyboard within a short period of time. Thanks again man! Let than 5 minutes. After watching carefully what he did I would be able to fix it moving forward if it happens again.

Thanks again xAKUMAx!

BaconStrips

xAKUMAx
11-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Closed this topic..!

paradox14
11-29-2016, 09:41 PM
Closed this topic..!

Good news, it's ok for me. Thank you to the community!

JullyCat
11-29-2016, 11:45 PM
I am so happy :o

I tried to reinstall the last version.
The first attempt was fail :(
But I reinstalled it again and it works.
Also after restarting of my laptop light bars and the bottom bar are lit also )))
Yoho!!! :)

Darkhorse
11-30-2016, 04:14 AM
tried to reinstall (the new 1020 update from asus website) 3 times and its completely non-responsive including the touchpad & lightbars... someone help!

edit: sorted the touchpad, still nothing on the rest...

paradox14
11-30-2016, 07:52 AM
tried to reinstall (the new 1020 update from asus website) 3 times and its completely non-responsive including the touchpad & lightbars... someone help!

edit: sorted the touchpad, still nothing on the rest...

Have you tried in recent days to go back on version 1.0.0.0 of the firmware?

Darkhorse
11-30-2016, 08:02 AM
Have you tried in recent days to go back on version 1.0.0.0 of the firmware?

No, i've been patiently waiting for the fix to come 'from' Asus. Is it possible to go back to the original version?

VTec555
11-30-2016, 03:58 PM
Newer version ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/GL502VS/ASUS_Keyboard_adjustment_VER1020.zip

Starrbuckk
11-30-2016, 07:00 PM
Still with the same issue after every fix suggested.

Added Bogdan and Ayhan hoping they'l fix the non existent keyboard.

Will reply after. Thank you all either way.

jdshka
11-30-2016, 07:53 PM
So ni0e pat0h. Very 0omfortable. Su0h 3000$ gaming notebook. Mu0h pro te0hni0an spe0ialts.
Great job. (No)

StrayBullet
11-30-2016, 09:34 PM
Huge thanks to everyone here who helped solve this problem.

The Cool Dude
11-30-2016, 10:27 PM
Hi Everyone.

Fortunately for me, I didn't install the original version of this that caused all the problems that many of you saw, but what is the purpose of this tool? If your keyboard is working fine, what good is this tool?

Thanks.

Starrbuckk
11-30-2016, 11:35 PM
Hi everyone,

Got my problem fixed by Ayhan in less than 5 minutes. He got my keyboard to show up on device manager like it was nothing.
Community members like him are the reason we thrive. Since im overseas and couldn't get my laptop to a shop, this was the best possible outcome.

Thanks Ayhan. U'r Awesome dude.
Thumbs up.

KentF
11-30-2016, 11:55 PM
Hi everyone,

Got my problem fixed by Ayhan in less than 5 minutes. He got my keyboard to show up on device manager like it was nothing.
Community members like him are the reason we thrive. Since im overseas and couldn't get my laptop to a shop, this was the best possible outcome.

Thanks Ayhan. U'r Awesome dude.
Thumbs up.

Do you know what they did? I think I'm at the point where I have the same problem as you were describing - where after running the new version of the ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool, my keyboard is no longer functioning or showing up in Device Manager as a connected device.

Darkhorse
12-01-2016, 01:35 AM
Do you know what they did? I think I'm at the point where I have the same problem as you were describing - where after running the new version of the ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool, my keyboard is no longer functioning or showing up in Device Manager as a connected device.

Same issue KentF, ill advise if a solution works for me.

danoffek
12-01-2016, 10:00 AM
Hi. Just want to say a BIG thank you to xAKUMAx . I tried for days to fix it on my own, and then with another friend, and to no avail. Then xAKUMAx went online, in the middle of the night, and fixed my keyboard in a matter of minutes. Amazing.
Thanks again xAKUMAx !!

VTec555
12-01-2016, 10:05 AM
When you still are having this problem, even after this new update (version 1020) make also sure you are using the latest bios version the Asus:

- Asus G752VS:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G752VS/G752VSAS306.zip

- Asus G752VM:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G752VM/G752VM_AS302.zip

Updating can be done with the Asus WInflash software:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win10/Winflash/Winflash_Win10_64_VER310.zip

danoffek
12-01-2016, 01:07 PM
VTec555, Bios update didn't help.
The reason is due to 1020 not recognizing my driver being "old". It stated my 1010 driver was latest and up to date.
Maybe due to versioning, or due the my relevant driver not being part of the 1020 updated drivers bundle.

KentF
12-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Hi. Just want to say a BIG thank you to xAKUMAx . I tried for days to fix it on my own, and then with another friend, and to no avail. Then xAKUMAx went online, in the middle of the night, and fixed my keyboard in a matter of minutes. Amazing.
Thanks again xAKUMAx !!

If you could post information as to what was done, it could be of great help for all of us.

ropbasuel
12-01-2016, 04:40 PM
So, Asus developed a fix for this firmware, but still is bricking some keyboards????

Are they kidding with us?

I have the first update, where C and 0 are messed up and, I'm afraid to test this fix as it can brick all the keyboard!

Is it so hard to get one fix that works in all cases???

JullyCat
12-02-2016, 09:55 AM
Guys,
before install the new version of Keyboard Adjustment Tools (and it works for me), I verified all drivers and utils from the asus site and updated them to the last.
especially ATK Package.
maybe, this package has old version for you. So try to update it and reinstall the last version of keyboard.

So before this some days age I followed the advice from BogdanCiulei :

ATKPackage from ATK

KentF
12-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Tried that. No change.

For reference, after attempting to update the firmware using the extracted files, I'm still getting this in the ASUS_USB_Update_Result.log file:

The keyboard itself appears to no longer be detected by Windows in Device Manager after running ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool 1.0.2.0.

If anyone has managed to recover from this state, please post here and let us know how.

Eneratos
12-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Tried that. No change.

For reference, after attempting to update the firmware using the extracted files, I'm still getting this in the ASUS_USB_Update_Result.log file:

The keyboard itself appears to no longer be detected by Windows in Device Manager after running ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool 1.0.2.0.

If anyone has managed to recover from this state, please post here and let us know how.

I myself have had the exact same problem. Erasing the firmware completly by running the eraser included in the zip files where the the .bin files where included posted earlier in this thread. after that, just runt the bin files untill you find the right one. fixed it for me.

KentF
12-03-2016, 04:23 PM
I myself have had the exact same problem. Erasing the firmware completly by running the eraser included in the zip files where the the .bin files where included posted earlier in this thread. after that, just runt the bin files untill you find the right one. fixed it for me.

Thank you for posting this! This got me back to square 1 with the keyboard functioning like it did after the 1.0.1.0 tool was run, where C and numpad0 are swapped (etc.), but I now at least have a keyboard that works again.

Going to see if I can get it updated to how it should be now.

DeltaActual
12-03-2016, 04:45 PM
Should i even bother downloading and installing this tool in the first place? What is it for? *

ropbasuel
12-04-2016, 01:55 AM
Do not even bother installing this update, unless you want to get your keyboard bricked.

I have not installed it myself but I know someone who did and now not even one key of the keyboard is working!

What is wrong with Asus Support????? Is that hard to make one update that work in all cases?

I'm so so sad with all of this... Why did I install this update in the first place? WHY??

prog1981
12-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Guys,

also belong to the group who flashed 1.0.1.0 version of KB firmware on my G752VS.

I don't have any problems with the mapping of the keys after the update, but keyboard backlighting became kind of uneven.

E.g. F1-F5 keys are hardly lit, it's nearly impossible to find them in a fully dark room, while F6-F11 are much better with F12 glowing like hell (which is the normal state with keyboard backlight brightness maxed).

I didn't notice this before the 1.0.1.0 update.

1.0.2.0 won't install stating that my KB FW is already up to date.

Anyone coming across this issue? Any suggestions for solving this?

Thanks!

Maverly
12-05-2016, 08:26 PM
I, like many others, was suffering from this hugely irritating issue.

With all of the other Asus Update stuff being up-to-date, the 1020 firmware worked straight away, and the problem is now fixed. Just need to find an exCuse to use a C in my post now.

Cheers guys in here for the hard work getting this sorted.

Buggsy
12-05-2016, 09:46 PM
I ended up removing the Asus update utility (forget the name, sorry). I really liked the idea of the utility that would automatically check my drivers and utilities, but it was damn insistent on *still* trying to install the 1010 firmware. On top of that, absolutely nothing could stop it from running, so every day, 2 or 3 times a day, it would try and install the firmware and ask me to close my open apps.

Given the issues that came out of all this, I'm fine with leaving it uninstalled and just doing driver updates when I have an issue.

JullyCat
12-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Hi everyone

do you have issues with the keyboard backlight?
because suddenly it disappeared for me.

Also I have noticed a fresh version of Keyboard Adjustment Tools on the asus site, from 07.12.2016
Has anyone verified it?

ropbasuel
12-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Hi everyone

do you have issues with the keyboard backlight?
because suddenly it disappeared for me.

Also I have noticed a fresh version of Keyboard Adjustment Tools on the asus site, from 07.12.2016
Has anyone verified it?

Where did you find that version? I'm checking the update page and the last version of this tool is dated 2016/11/29 !

Can you give me the link for it?

toronto699
12-07-2016, 09:58 PM
here under "others" G752VS released 07/12/2016 Version V1.0.3.0 ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool {Taiwan asus driver page}
Let us know if there is an issue with this version please

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G752VS&p=3&s=833

ropbasuel
12-07-2016, 10:12 PM
here under "others" G752VS released 07/12/2016 Version V1.0.3.0 ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool {Taiwan asus driver page}
Let us know if there is an issue with this version please

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G752VS&p=3&s=833

Thank you!

I have to be honest. I'm very afraid to test this update as I'm very afraid to brick my keyboard. If there is any "hero" here on the forum who test this, please let us know some feedback!

toronto699
12-07-2016, 10:14 PM
ropbasuel I agree with u , if its not broke don't fix it
"I have to be honest. I'm very afraid to test this update as I'm very afraid to brick my keyboard. If there is any "hero" here on the forum who test this, please let us know some feedback!" Quote ropbasuel

JullyCat
12-08-2016, 08:47 AM
I am also very afraid.
The previous version fixes my issues.
But now there is an issue with keyboard backlight - it disappears and lights when the battery has about 50% of charge.

Darkhorse
12-08-2016, 10:03 AM
Gents i have some good news - those that the 1020 bricked the keyboard, ran the new 1030 and mine is now responding... havent checked the light bars, but am thoroughly enjoying this: cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

EDIT: Exactly what i did

1 - went to my relevant Asus support page (Australia, though i believe available elsewhere)
2 - put laptop model (G752VS) and windows 10
3 - 'Other' ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool => Downloaded
4 - extracted the zip via 7 zip
5 - Closed EVERYTHING (just in case something screwed it up)
6 - Ran as administrator
7 - Keyboard adjustment tool screen popped up (ligh blue/cyan coloured program)
8 - proceeded, waited for a few minutes & voila...

ccccccccccccccccc

ropbasuel
12-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Gents i have some good news - those that the 1020 bricked the keyboard, ran the new 1030 and mine is now responding... havent checked the light bars, but am thoroughly enjoying this: cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

EDIT: Exactly what i did

1 - went to my relevant Asus support page (Australia, though i believe available elsewhere)
2 - put laptop model (G752VS) and windows 10
3 - 'Other' ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool => Downloaded
4 - extracted the zip via 7 zip
5 - Closed EVERYTHING (just in case something screwed it up)
6 - Ran as administrator
7 - Keyboard adjustment tool screen popped up (ligh blue/cyan coloured program)
8 - proceeded, waited for a few minutes & voila...

ccccccccccccccccc

I'm sorry but this post just made me laugh! Happiness when a "c" and a "0" are correctly working! ;);););)

Thanks for your feedback!

Zathrus
01-10-2017, 06:17 PM
The ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool 1.0.1.0 flash update released on 23 November 2016 swapped the "c" key with the numpad "0" key on my ROG G752VM as well. I was successful hacking a work-around using SharpKeys until this was finally addressed in the 1.0.3.0 update that can be downloaded at http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/GL502VS/ASUS_Keyboard_adjustment_VER1030.zip?_ga=1.2214985 84.1141416122.1483919168. This update also fixed the numpad Enter key on my laptop.

\'beg
04-08-2017, 11:12 PM
I have a question about this too... Well... I own G752VM, and everything is working fine for most of the time. Maybe just once in a 10-15 days my keyboard stops responding to any key-press. After I reboot all is fine again...

Now... I never installed any driver for keyboard, and I see lots of issues here with some version of this tool. My question is:

Is this non-responding keyboard even related to this driver? I mean, WILL THIS DRIVER FIX MY ISSUE, or it doesn't address my problem at all...

I am asking cause I see lots of ppl had problem with this, I don't wanna end-up bricking smth.

Thanks in advance for any answer...

arancan
08-07-2018, 07:29 AM
I have a question about this too... Well... I own G752VM, and everything is working fine for most of the time. Maybe just once in a 10-15 days my keyboard stops responding to any key-press. After I reboot all is fine again...

Now... I never installed any driver for keyboard, and I see lots of issues here with some version of this tool. My question is:

Is this non-responding keyboard even related to this driver? I mean, WILL THIS DRIVER FIX MY ISSUE, or it doesn't address my problem at all...

I am asking cause I see lots of ppl had problem with this, I don't wanna end-up bricking smth.

Thanks in advance for any answer...

Hey!
I have EXACTLY the same issue, EXACTLY the same model.
Did you solve it?

Thanks!

Clintlgm
08-07-2018, 02:27 PM
Hey!
I have EXACTLY the same issue, EXACTLY the same model.
Did you solve it?

Thanks!
I would update Chipset driver, and ATK package I don't know of any other software from Asus for the keyboard. Now then you could have another problem software driver that is affecting the keyboard in that case you need to start deleting programs until you find it. or back up your data, crated and disk/SSD image and then restore back factory condition and start over. Macrium Reflect Free will prevent you from losing any data. If you RMA it that is exactly what Asus Repair will do with the exception that they won't back up your data you'll just lose it. They expect that if your data is important to you that you would have it backed up.