PDA

View Full Version : 752VS OC Edition SSD Advice for installing second M.2 SSD

chicodon1444
11-19-2016, 05:40 PM
I have a ROG 752VS OC Edition. It came with a 256 SSD. I cloned it to a Samsung 950 512 Pro. Everything works fine, however, I want to use the old SSD as a secondary drive. If I install it in the secondary slot I get a BSOD saying operating system failure. After I remove it, it boots. I need to format the old SSD so I can use it. I can't find boot order in the BIOS. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Clintlgm
11-19-2016, 08:57 PM
That would be Esc Key spam it on boot up, should bring up a boot menu. F8 should also get you there the long way around

chicodon1444
11-19-2016, 10:21 PM
That would be Esc Key spam it on boot up, should bring up a boot menu. F8 should also get you there the long way around

DAMM! I thought I had it. I got the boot menu but then the BSOD. "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" error. It must be something about the way the BIOS is setup. I'm ignorant about this stuff but both drives say they are RAID in the BIOS. I've heard this model is setup in the factory for dual drives in RAID 0. Oh well...

Gustave
11-20-2016, 12:52 PM
I read somewhere that the G752 does not accept two similar boot devices (one drive cloned to the second) on board.

Clintlgm
11-20-2016, 05:12 PM
I wonder is you could boot a USB Win PE with Diskpart and run Clean on that SSD maybe not even have the one you intend to use in the notebook while your using Diskpart to Clean the old one. If it was me I'd just put it up and keep it for disaster recovery or incase you have to send it in for RMA that way you don't take any chances of them clean installing deleting all your programs and data. I Think you can boot into recovery mode and Shift + F10 to run Diskpart on the old SSD with out the new one in the notebook.