PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G750JX Dead GPU

theonewhofails
11-19-2016, 08:45 PM
Good saturday evening guys,

Ive been searching for solutions how to fix my GPU crashing in games (artifacts, green, pink pixels) after trying everything. drivers clean os install etc. I found no solutions, then i sent my notebook to repair. Yesterday morning i had a call from the customer support that they can not find right chipset or gpu on the market and if they were lucky it would cost about 400 (Thats a really expensive investment for me, and the notebook age).

Next option would be selling it on ebay for a lower price, for example for editing videos and rendering would be great. Im not really sure

Or to buy and set up a eGPU, which is a cheaper and better option, anyway I want a desktop PC. The question is if it will work.

Need some sugestions from u guys, i dont want to throw this laptop in the thrash its still a beauty. Its fast, the only thing is the broken gpu.

Clintlgm
11-19-2016, 09:00 PM
GPU that no small thing you might find one on eBay and install it yourself?

Digimutant
11-19-2016, 09:57 PM
GPU that no small thing you might find one on eBay and install it yourself?

On eBay, sure but surely there are risks towards doing that. Spending 100s on a GPU that's DOA, or a faulty GPU or in most cases those with incorrect vBIOS on them. Replacing the GPU isn't straight-forward, comparing that to my MSI GT640 I previously had (just open the maintenance hatch and you'll see the MXM Type A card in there ready to be swapped out). Those are the only risk factors I know of when it comes to buying GPUs, RAM and CPUs from eBay.

theonewhofails
11-19-2016, 11:17 PM
Well if you find somewhere a functional GTX 770M. I would be glad. The next question is if its not maybe better investing in a better eGPU.

Clintlgm
11-21-2016, 02:04 PM
Yes so you understand the issues.