PDA

View Full Version : Line in or Line out on Asus G752VT?

Digimutant
11-25-2016, 07:47 PM
Got mixed messages on Line in and line out but as far as software and hardware's gone, its pretty much non-existent. Despite reviews saying there's a line-in jack, is there proof that there is one? My previous laptop had a fully functioning line-in jack and the sound I could record from it would've beaten up a cheap USB soundcard comparing quality-wise.

I'd just like confirmation whether there's a line-in (not MIC-in!) on the laptop, because otherwise I may have to invest in a USB sound card but I've done enough researching and trying fixes. Mic-in seems to behave like line-in yet it is just inefficient.

Still trying to fix the popping sounds but it sounds as if it's chronic after uninstalling Sonic Suite.

EDIT: I think Asus needs to sort QC out immediately, as there's so many threads on sound issues with the G751 and G752. Cracking hardware but the sound is pure garbage if it hisses and pops so often. I am not willing to RMA mine because of an issue that could've been avoided with tighter QC.

Julskey
11-27-2016, 04:12 PM
I think it's only for mic in/sub and center out. I observed that the popping sounds affect only the built-in speakers. I hear them but very faint pop sound. I never experienced them in my bose companion 2 or any headphone for that matter.

Digimutant
11-27-2016, 08:12 PM
I think it's only for mic in/sub and center out. I observed that the popping sounds affect only the built-in speakers. I hear them but very faint pop sound. I never experienced them in my bose companion 2 or any headphone for that matter.

What weirded me out is how the mic-in was partially capable of sound capture... Just glitchy and unusable, yet it functioned.

Julskey
11-30-2016, 11:49 AM
What weirded me out is how the mic-in was partially capable of sound capture... Just glitchy and unusable, yet it functioned.

Of course, mic input is just the same as line input with just a bit higher pre-amplification to compensate for low signal levels of the microphone (also mic input is supposed to be mono aural, not stereo). To use the mic in as line in, turn down signal level from input source.

Digimutant
12-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Of course, mic input is just the same as line input with just a bit higher pre-amplification to compensate for low signal levels of the microphone (also mic input is supposed to be mono aural, not stereo). To use the mic in as line in, turn down signal level from input source.

I'll toy with the audio input settings from both sides and see the results. My MSI GT640 doesn't do this with the mic-in, as it has a dedicated line-in anyway.

EDIT: upon messing with it, the audio is still dire and literally has horrible latency issues if I play music through it. The MSI acts like a professional audio card, this sounds like this is underwater.

Asus should actually improve this, not to mention the MSI I have uses the Nvidia audio controller for its inputs.