PDA

View Full Version : Where are touchpad settings for G701VI - going crazy with it registering a tap

unity3dmarks
11-25-2016, 11:11 PM
Got a brand new shiny G701VI but am going crazy with the touchpad registering a tap when im typing. This causes the cursor to suddenly be somewhere else in gmail or where ever I happen to be typing. My hands/palms/whatever are definitely not pressing the touchpad but it registers as though I am.

Id also like to figure out how to enable touch scrolling so I can scroll web pages with 2 fingers like on my other laptops.

Thanks

Bill@ASUS
11-29-2016, 11:12 AM
Hello unity3dmarks
I'll pass your concern to related personnel
I'll get back to you once I have more information.
Thank you

BogdanCiulei
11-29-2016, 03:48 PM
I need such software too.
I need to disable left click on the touch pad ( touch, not the button ), since that always happens by accident while I'm writing ( using the keyboard ) and its very annoying, my cursor jumps in random locations.

Also, something crashes whenever the laptop comes back from sleep and the gestures don't work anymore.

EDIT: my model is G752VS

SR_
11-29-2016, 11:16 PM
I found some options in Win 10
Settings/ Devices,Bluetooth,Printer,Mouse/ Mouse and Touchpad
I miss the Smart Gesture too,
but with some minior adjustments under this precision Touchpad setting it is ok for me.

(G752VS, i think its the same for G701)

Bill@ASUS
11-30-2016, 11:24 AM
Got a brand new shiny G701VI but am going crazy with the touchpad registering a tap when im typing. This causes the cursor to suddenly be somewhere else in gmail or where ever I happen to be typing. My hands/palms/whatever are definitely not pressing the touchpad but it registers as though I am.

Id also like to figure out how to enable touch scrolling so I can scroll web pages with 2 fingers like on my other laptops.

Thanks

Hello unity3dmarks
I want to confirm your issue
So do you mean that your palm would easily touch the touch pad while your are typing , causing the cursor to move around unexpectedly?
You can simply turn off the touch pad with the function keys. Would this help you in any way?
Thank you

unity3dmarks
12-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Hi Bill,

Thanks for looking into this...
Yes, that is the problem. The touchpad is extremely sensitive to even a slight graze with my palm, usually I have no idea that my palm is even contacting it but it still happens. I type a message such as this one and suddenly my cursor is two lines above inserting text it seemingly random places. I then have to locate the cursor, delete the text and then move it back to where it was to continue. Its extremely frustrating.

I tried you suggestion but that is a poor work around to be honest. Having to completely disable my "mouse" just to type a message, then enable it, wait several seconds for windows to make is detection sound effect before I get mouse control is honestly not something I could live with.

I have tried going into the Windows 10 settings for mouse/touchpad and disabling tap to click but it doesnt change any behavior. In fact it doesnt seem like anything in the actual Windows touchpad control settings work. For instance two fingers to scroll up and down something like a webpage doesnt work either.

I have a surface book and mac book pro and have grown very accustom to using gestures and of course not having my cursor fly around so Im hoping there is a better solution out there.

Let me know, thanks again.

unity3dmarks
12-02-2016, 04:28 AM
OK well I found this on the support FAQ for my machine which seems as if it solves my problem

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1009613

Only problem is it says to install this first: http://www.asus.com/support/Product-Search/?keyword=atk

which is an illegal search because of the number of letters in my search.

frustrated.

BogdanCiulei
12-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Hello, this does not solve the problem of the touchpad driver always crashing and resulting in not functional gestures .
Also, the settings done through Windows do not work anymore after crashing ( ex, can not disable taps )
I'm am also not sure that the Asus Smart Gesture Software works on the G752VS

unity3dmarks
12-08-2016, 09:05 PM
i installed Smart Gestures but was not able to update the ATK or whatever they call it. Smart Gesture installed and is now in my control panel. It solves the problem when I do a fresh boot but if I close the lid or sleep the computer it stops working and reverts to the behavior where two fingers to scroll and tap to click etc.. no longer works.

This is a really really big issue. I cannot use this laptop with tap enabled. Does anyone know if there is a fix?

dzeek
12-25-2016, 03:32 PM
I'm having this same problem. Have you found a solution?