PDA

View Full Version : G752VS charger plugged in while gaming?

Kingpawn
11-26-2016, 02:39 PM
Hi all,

I noticed i need to plug in the charger for my laptop whiletgaming? why is that if im on battery mode and start up a game the fps goes down? from 85 fps plugged in, to 30 fps on battery mode..

is it SAFE to keep my laptop plugged in at all times?

Thanks in advanced.

Clintlgm
11-26-2016, 02:57 PM
Yes it possible my G75vw is almost 5 years old now and has been plugged in continuously. In order for the GPU and CPU get enough Amps you need to be plugged in otherwise they are throttled back.

Digimutant
11-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Hi all,

I noticed i need to plug in the charger for my laptop whiletgaming? why is that if im on battery mode and start up a game the fps goes down? from 85 fps plugged in, to 30 fps on battery mode..

is it SAFE to keep my laptop plugged in at all times?

Thanks in advanced.

Power-saving feature on battery, and it should be OK to keep it plugged in (I don't know why brands like Asus still assume the batteries of today don't have overcharging protection, they do) and it won't ruin the battery.

JustinThyme
11-27-2016, 06:13 AM
What most fold neglect to see is this is not a low power battery saving machine. These machines are desktop replacements. I have 3 and they all stay plugged in 99% of the time. There are few instances when I'm in the middle of something and move rooms and its on battery for a few minutes, or a power outage for a short time but other than that they stay plugged in. You actually decrease the lifespan of the battery with every discharge. Asus does not assume the batteries dont have protection, THEY BUILT THE BALANCING CHARGING CIRCUIT. These are Lithium polymer batteries and each cell is charged individually and balanced. When they reach the proper voltage charging current cuts off. If you pay attention they will charge to 100% then drop to 95% then start charging again.

Kingpawn
11-27-2016, 09:15 AM
What most fold neglect to see is this is not a low power battery saving machine. These machines are desktop replacements. I have 3 and they all stay plugged in 99% of the time. There are few instances when I'm in the middle of something and move rooms and its on battery for a few minutes, or a power outage for a short time but other than that they stay plugged in. You actually decrease the lifespan of the battery with every discharge. Asus does not assume the batteries dont have protection, THEY BUILT THE BALANCING CHARGING CIRCUIT. These are Lithium polymer batteries and each cell is charged individually and balanced. When they reach the proper voltage charging current cuts off. If you pay attention they will charge to 100% then drop to 95% then start charging again.

Thank you for the information! much appreciated! :)

Also when im finished with the laptop i leave the plug in but i turn off the power socket, and then when im ready to use it again i just turn it back on. is that ok?

AsusYoyo
01-14-2017, 08:43 PM
Thank you for the information! much appreciated! :)

Also when im finished with the laptop i leave the plug in but i turn off the power socket, and then when im ready to use it again i just turn it back on. is that ok?

I wonder the same. I'm not worried about the battery itself, but incase of a power surge. By increasing the amount of power, the brightness of the light bulb diminishes. I believe it's poorly installed by our electricians. So to be safe, I have it plugged in overnight and unplugged every morning. I'm too cheap to get a surge protector :0*

Clintlgm
01-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Yes in your case, a UPS would be far cheaper than a Replacement Power Brick or Mother board Just saying