PDA

View Full Version : G752VS Black and Pink Screen on startup

Fuauwkchcjw
11-26-2016, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone;

I received my G752VS laptop few days ago but I realized that it has some issues.
First one is black screen on startup. After ROG loading screen, black screen comes up oftenly and not goes, Windows10 does not open. I press power button of laptop to close it then open again and it is opening witout black screen issue.

Second one is pink screen on startup again. This problems occurs in everytime while opening. After ROG loading screen, a pink screen comes up that last less than 1 second with 2 vertical lines and goes then Windows10 normally opens. I also saw this same pink screen issue in some reputed review channels.

I think this two issues related to each other in someway.

If you guys have same problem and solved, could you explain how it is ?

Armesis
11-26-2016, 05:17 PM
I had EXACTLY the same problem as yours. My 5 month old g752vy would often start with a black screen, i would have to put it so sleep or restart it to get it going again. After a while the screen became red/pinkish. I sent it to the asus repair center and they replaced the screen and keyboard as well as it was loose.

Mind you the laptop was only about 5 months old, treated very well and almost never moved. This is the worst laptop/pc ive ever owned/built since the 1990s.
One last thing - After your screen is changed, the g-sync feature may not be recognized by the gpu, as indicated on the nvidia control panel. Solve this by resetting BIOS settings to factory default. No one, even Nvidia knows why this solution works.

Long story short. Its a hardware fault, send it to an official asus repair center for warranty claim. Just be sure to remove any personal data and stored passwords on your web browsers/programs before you do. And as always, thank you for purchasing ASUS!

Kingpawn
11-27-2016, 01:35 AM
I also noticed that on the start up on my 3 week old G752VS, it lasts 1 second of pink background and 2 vertical lines. I thought it was nothing only but the start up. Maybe someone might look into it?

Fuauwkchcjw
11-27-2016, 11:43 AM
I have sent it to Asus's official repair center two times.

In first time, they did hardware test but they reported me that thy have not found any issue related to hardware and they did recovery. When I try to open it again that problem still exist (Best technical service ever I've seen :mad:). Then I decided to send it to service again with a much more detailed information about these issue. Then technical services did a replacement in warranty. I took my new G752VS and tried to open and BOOM! same issues. So, I started o think that all of these G752VS laptops have same issue no matter what Asus says.

Armesis
11-27-2016, 01:20 PM
I have sent it to Asus's official repair center two times.

In first time, they did hardware test but they reported me that thy have not found any issue related to hardware and they did recovery. When I try to open it again that problem still exist (Best technical service ever I've seen :mad:). Then I decided to send it to service again with a much more detailed information about these issue. Then technical services did a replacement in warranty. I took my new G752VS and tried to open and BOOM! same issues. So, I started o think that all of these G752VS laptops have same issue no matter what Asus says.

Wow thats bad. Did they replace the screen, or just the DP wire? You'd better call them and find out. Maybe they changed one of them but the other was still bad.

Also yes, these laptops are of very low quality. They are cheaper than MSI or Alienware though, thats the only reason i bought asus. I will not make that mistake again.

Fuauwkchcjw
11-27-2016, 03:48 PM
Wow thats bad. Did they replace the screen, or just the DP wire? You'd better call them and find out. Maybe they changed one of them but the other was still bad.

Also yes, these laptops are of very low quality. They are cheaper than MSI or Alienware though, thats the only reason i bought asus. I will not make that mistake again.

They replaced with new G752VS laptop. But, as I said, I see same issues on this new one. I totaly regret this... I'll think again if I buy a gaming laptop in future.

Armesis
11-27-2016, 04:56 PM
They replaced with new G752VS laptop. But, as I said, I see same issues on this new one. I totaly regret this... I'll think again if I buy a gaming laptop in future.

Oh my god... I didnt realize it was THAT bad, i thought i had seen the worst lol. ASUS products are getting more famous everyday.

Geryy3
11-28-2016, 08:26 AM
Hello , i had this problem on asus g751jt and now i bought g752vm 2 months ago and i have a same problem that sometimes when i turning on laptop i just get that black screen.

Armesis
11-28-2016, 09:32 AM
Hello , i had this problem on asus g751jt and now i bought g752vm 2 months ago and i have a same problem that sometimes when i turning on laptop i just get that black screen.

Yes that is very common. After you start it and when it just shows a black screen. Give it a few moments to stablize in windows, then press the power button to put it to sleep. Wait a few moments, then press the start button to wake it again. This should activate the screen.

Understand that this is a hardware fault, and eventually the screen will start to fail, as described above. The only way to fix it is with a screen/dp cable replacement. asus will do it under warranty. Just be sure to remove and personal data and saved passwords in your web browsers/programs before you send it in.

Geryy3
11-28-2016, 10:00 AM
Yes i did it like this .. just wait and turn off and on , but are you sure i could claim warranty in this case?

Armesis
11-28-2016, 08:25 PM
Yes i did it like this .. just wait and turn off and on , but are you sure i could claim warranty in this case?

When/If your screen starts to fail, showing pink/red stripes, it will not be a problem to get a warranty claim. Asus repair centers are so used to these sort of problems, they barely asked any questions for me and immediately replaced my screen and keyboard, both were failing.

Fuauwkchcjw
11-30-2016, 08:13 AM
I said that I also have same issue on my new G752VS (replaced one). Official technical service of asus accepted it's return. I think this my last time to buy asus. Two of them (G752VS) has same issue related to hardware...:mad:

Armesis
11-30-2016, 02:28 PM
I said that I also have same issue on my new G752VS (replaced one). Official technical service of asus accepted it's return. I think this my last time to buy asus. Two of them (G752VS) has same issue related to hardware...:mad:

I just visited a computer shop that sold gaming pc's and laptops. They said MSI laptops also have alot of hardware/reliability issues. In the future i think we should all build our own gaming rigs (The shop will put it together for you if you buy all the parts from them). It will be cheaper and more powerful, also infinitely more reliable. The only thing is that it wont be compact anymore lol.

miguel pereira
11-30-2016, 07:32 PM
The only reason to buy a gaming laptop is the size/portability, because they are worse in every single thing when compared to a desktop. They are hotter, noisier, less reliable, less powerfull and more expensive. For the same money usually you can have a better desktop, sometimes a lot better.

That said, I love my G752VS, and i dont really have a place to have a desktop, so a laptop will have to do. We just have to live with the problems a laptop has.

Bill@ASUS
12-02-2016, 08:34 AM
Hello All
I've passed your concern to related personnel
I'll get back to you once I have more information on this matter
Thank you

Fuauwkchcjw
12-13-2016, 06:43 AM
I received third G752VS from warranty and still it has the same issue. I think I will not request for a new one, because all of them have same issue... Return seems to be best solution...

Armesis
12-13-2016, 09:42 AM
I received third G752VS from warranty and still it has the same issue. I think I will not request for a new one, because all of them have same issue... Return seems to be best solution...

Wow. Yes you should just return it if you can, and i wish you the best in your future purchases (Desktop PC, wink wink). ASUS chipsets are ok ive always used them in my pc builds, but their laptops....oh my...

I hope i never see you here again in these forums, in a good way.

arkijay
12-19-2016, 06:04 PM
I have the same issue with my G752VS. Just bought it last week.
Any solution for this issue? or its normal?

Fuauwkchcjw
12-20-2016, 04:02 PM
I have the same issue with my G752VS. Just bought it last week.
Any solution for this issue? or its normal?

I recommend you to return. Even if you replace it with a new one, it will has the same issue. As I learned from the expert, this issue related to connection point between GPU and motherboard and then the motherboard and PSU. GPU input voltage fluctuation is unstable while opening because of the sudden energy drain from PSU (that explains why pink screen can also be seen if charger is not connected) and this causes unstable energy oscillation. That's why you see pink screen while opening. And if you see black screen after ROG logo it is resulting from this issue too, because GPU card stops responding to your motherboard because of this unstable energy fluctuation. I have seen this issue in whatever G752VS I bought and new ones from warranty (total 4) and review videos of G752VS (All G752VS was non OC edition). This issue may cause sudden combustion of GPU or it decreases your PC's life span.

Fuauwkchcjw
12-20-2016, 04:09 PM
I recommend you to return. Even if you replace it with a new one, it will has the same issue. As I learned from the expert, this issue related to connection point between GPU and motherboard and then the motherboard and PSU. GPU input voltage fluctuation is unstable while opening because of the sudden energy drain from PSU (that explains why pink screen can also be seen if charger is not connected) and this causes unstable energy oscillation. That's why you see pink screen while opening. And if you see black screen after ROG logo it is resulting from this issue too, because GPU card stops responding to your motherboard because of this unstable energy fluctuation. I have seen this issue in whatever G752VS I bought and new ones from warranty (total 4) and review videos of G752VS (All G752VS was non OC edition). This issue may cause sudden combustion of GPU or it decreases your PC's life span.

In addition, it seems, there is no solution. I have sent four G752VS laptops to asus's official technical service all have been replaced with a new one within warranty( this means they know that is a hardware issue but they can not solve it). And then I decided to return and not to get new one. I contacted many asus's technical staffs, but no one has responded my question.

arkijay
12-20-2016, 06:04 PM
In addition, it seems, there is no solution. I have sent four G752VS laptops to asus's official technical service all have been replaced with a new one within warranty( this means they know that is a hardware issue but they can not solve it). And then I decided to return and not to get new one. I contacted many asus's technical staffs, but no one has responded my question.

So all the model G752VS is experiencing this kind of issue?? Its disappointing I can't return my laptop because i bought it abroad. I hoping this laptop will last longer.
:(:(

Buggsy
12-20-2016, 06:17 PM
So all the model G752VS is experiencing this kind of issue?? Its disappointing I can't return my laptop because i bought it abroad. I hoping this laptop will last longer.
:(:(

I haven't had any issues like this with my G752VS. I don't know if it matters but I have the wonderful IPS screen. Most of my criticisms have been entirely with frustrations with Asus support.

Armesis
12-22-2016, 10:48 AM

You could send it in its current state and they might mess with system settings/drivers, etc. Basically things you dont want. I personally waited till the screen started failing and showing obvious discolouration, thats when they changed it no questions asked. You could call your local asus repair center and ask first i guess.

Fuauwkchcjw
12-23-2016, 12:02 PM
I haven't had any issues like this with my G752VS. I don't know if it matters but I have the wonderful IPS screen. Most of my criticisms have been entirely with frustrations with Asus support.

Is your G752VS OC edition or not? Because I was talking about Non-OC editions. If so where did you buy it from?

TheUnabomber
12-26-2016, 04:48 PM
Hello All
I've passed your concern to related personnel
I'll get back to you once I have more information on this matter
Thank you

What's the status of this? I just got a new G752VS OC Edition for Xmas and it does the same thing as mentioned in this post.

If you look at this video and fast forward to the 4:10 mark and watch the boot up mine does this exact same thing with 2 vertical lines and then boots to Windows 10 and appears to be working fine without issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=161wIo8LaK8

However this is very concerning when spending upwards of 2500 dollars on a brand new machine.

It appears that this is affecting most is not everyone with this laptop. Is there going to be a recall? Free upgrade to another model? Fix via software/hardware? Extended warranty? What is Asus going to do to remedy this?

I'd like to have an answer on this ASAP.

Thanks for your time.

TheUnabomber
12-29-2016, 04:15 AM
Bump.

Dreamonic
12-29-2016, 08:50 AM
I've tested many G752VS models as well and all of them have displayed this exact anomaly. It could very well be hardware initialization (once drivers are installed) related to the VBIOS as the only version available seems to be 86.04.2A.00.0A for the ASUS BGA 1070 and this model of notebook; I could not replicate the anomaly if the 1070 adapter was disabled in Device Manager prior to restarting (disabling driver support essentially) and that got me thinking...

So I started flashing different manufacturer BGA and MXM 1070 VBIOS ROMs, and so far the Clevo MXM 1070 VBIOS has removed this anomaly completely for me after POST. It's also rock solid stable as well and no issues to report using it either. The VBIOS is here (https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/187501/187501) (86.04.2A.00.27) if you want to try it out and you'll want to use NVFlash v5.292.0.

GPU-Z report here (https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/cdrkn) with the VBIOS flashed.

Sheltem
12-29-2016, 10:01 AM
@Dreamonic: a very interesting find, to say the least.

I understand that VBIOSes are proprietary, so this approach is unlikely to work, but is there a way to compare the two to understand what has been changed aside from the version number (at least partially)?

Also, the least significant byte is higher in the VBIOS you have flashed. Does this mean it is supposed to be a 'newer' version, or does it simply indicate a different provider (e.g. 0A = ASUS (or a range that includes 0A), 27 = Clevo)?

As I am only using an external monitor and generally keeping my G752VS on 24/7, I haven't really had the chance to observe this issue.. yet, but knowing possible fixes is always handy.

Dreamonic
12-29-2016, 11:02 AM
A GPU VBIOS is proprietary to its HW, absolutely, but if the same model and microarchitecture is found, then it can be universally crossed over within the same HW (testing is key there). It's why it works when approached this way, just like it does with mine.

The changes can be compared easily with HxD or Hex Workshop (even viewed with a disassembler like IDA). Making sense of every change however takes time as the data structure has to be reversed engineered through operands and conditional jumps, etc. The comparisons between desktop GPUs VBIOS and mobile GPUs VBIOS based on the specifics of each one, give you a better understanding of some of the data structure given the microarchitecture. The limitations come from having no direct access to the engineering development of such a BIOS structure, and where so many hours go interpreting it with tests of your own modifications.

The first 2 bytes of the VBIOS version string is usually indicative of manufacturer release such as being OEM (even 3rd party) and remaining 3 bytes being vendor/model specific (ASUS, MSI, Clevo, Gigabyte, etc) and their revisions. It's similar to Device & Subsystem HW IDs, as 10DE 1BE1 is NVIDIA Mobile 1070 and 1043 13F0 is for ASUS G752 series. The Subsystem IDs change based on vendor and model.

I too use only an external monitor and run my G752VS nearly 24/7. I'll use the notebook display occasionally, but initially before using it as a desktop replacement I ran extensive tests as-is before noticing the quirks with the G752VS models.

Dreamonic
12-29-2016, 11:11 AM
@Sheltem,

I just noticed you run the Acer X34 as your external display. I run the ASUS PG348Q (same internal panel as yours). We have similar setups. Very cool!

Armesis
01-01-2017, 01:37 PM
After a screen replacement, this problem is coming back to my G752VY again. When i start it, only a black screen shows up. I think the screen is slowly dying again. Seriously?!?!??!?

Rares95
01-01-2017, 03:31 PM
It's a problem present on many ASUS products. Sometimes they just won't start the screen... for me going fullscreen in games sometimes makes the screen go black (after flashing pink) and i have to restart. It's something i got used to. I also had this 2in1 asus pc that EVERY TIME i powered it on on battery after being used plugged in, the screen wouldn't turn on (same issue). Had to hold power button and try again, then it worked.

Buggsy
01-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Is your G752VS OC edition or not? Because I was talking about Non-OC editions. If so where did you buy it from?

Mine is a non-OC, purchased from Best Buy

arkijay
02-04-2017, 06:31 PM
I've tested many G752VS models as well and all of them have displayed this exact anomaly. It could very well be hardware initialization (once drivers are installed) related to the VBIOS as the only version available seems to be 86.04.2A.00.0A for the ASUS BGA 1070 and this model of notebook; I could not replicate the anomaly if the 1070 adapter was disabled in Device Manager prior to restarting (disabling driver support essentially) and that got me thinking...

So I started flashing different manufacturer BGA and MXM 1070 VBIOS ROMs, and so far the Clevo MXM 1070 VBIOS has removed this anomaly completely for me after POST. It's also rock solid stable as well and no issues to report using it either. The VBIOS is here (https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/187501/187501) (86.04.2A.00.27) if you want to try it out and you'll want to use NVFlash v5.292.0.

GPU-Z report here (https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/cdrkn) with the VBIOS flashed.

So this can be the solution for the pink screen at boot up?? and I think it/s risky to do by doing it myself :( :(

Aldaraad
02-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Well, I doubt that the process itself can be complicated - the question which remains is will this action void the warranty of the laptop? Even though it (evidently) solves the issue, it is worth losing the warranty, which can for certain laptops (here in Croatia) be as long as 4 years. As we can see from the forum, the warranty in many cases does not worth a dime, but nonetheless...

My concern would be why the ASUS folks have not come up with such a solution, which is obviously quite painless? :confused:

Bravoexo
02-08-2017, 06:10 AM
Is it something similar to what I'm experiencing with my G752VY?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVc_Mh9xb8Y

I just either Fn+F7 twice to get it going... or a quick reboot by turning off and then on the power button. (Fn+F7) x 2 is faster though.

Bravoexo
02-09-2017, 04:14 AM
Turns out Fn+F7 only works with the power adapter on. Figured out by looking at the events log that even if I say 'shutdown', the laptop was going to sleep due to Fastboot being enabled. Turned off Fasboot and booting up doesn't sleep the display anymore. Boot times don't really change either... still < 7sec with or without Fastboot on

JustinThyme
02-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Fast Joke (aka fastboot) causes a lot of issues. If you have a problem and try to reboot it just reloads the problem. Its nothing more than hibernate renamed, even uses the same file to dump your ram to, hiberfil.sys Just another fine example for some of this stuff. Blank screen is display drivers not loading correctly (thanks to fast joke). The Pink screen is pretty much always hardware failure.

MacLeod
02-24-2017, 03:52 PM
When I recently contacted ASUS about this issue and to see if it was ever resolved...or if I needed to choose a different system...ASUS Stated they have no history or information about this issue. When I mentioned this forum and thread about how many of us have reported the problem and actually have this issue...they stated they don't see any cases or information regarding this issue/problem...but I could of course select a different system if needs be.

How is that for a slap in the face from ASUS?!

So, anyone know if this is actually 100% absolutely and positively an actual hardware issue and/or bad and needs to be fixed or is this just a issue where when the system boots from bios to windows and the drivers start asserting themselves sort of thing at that moment?

Is there some configuration or setting adjustment or fix for this possibly...other than installing the firmware mentioned earlier in the thread?

Any information appreciated.

Thanks.

Bravoexo
02-25-2017, 12:27 PM
Is there some configuration or setting adjustment or fix for this possibly...other than installing the firmware mentioned earlier in the thread?

I don't get the black screen on boot once i disabled fast boot. Not that's its a big problem, the G752VY used to no be able to use Fast Boot before the latest released BIOS. And boot wise now, even with fast boot off, nvme boot up is around 6-7s anyway... (unlike before it was more 14-20s. Shutting down is where fast boot would be of help, without it on, shutting down is like twice as long... but that probably because fast boot just does a quick hibernation...not really shutting off

MacLeod
02-27-2017, 03:34 PM
In clarification of my previous post copied below...

I am referring to the pink screen and parallel vertical lines that flash after boot but just before windows sign in.

"ASUS Stated they have no history or information about this issue.
When I recently contacted ASUS about this issue and to see if it was ever resolved...or if I needed to choose a different system...ASUS Stated they have no history or information about this issue. When I mentioned this forum and thread about how many of us have reported the problem and actually have this issue...they stated they don't see any cases or information regarding this issue/problem...but I could of course select a different system if needs be.

How is that for a slap in the face from ASUS?!

So, anyone know if this is actually 100% absolutely and positively an actual hardware issue and/or bad and needs to be fixed or is this just a issue where when the system boots from bios to windows and the drivers start asserting themselves sort of thing at that moment?

Any information appreciated.

Thanks."

MacLeod
03-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Yesterday I received a replacement ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K OC Edition notebook and it once again has the Pink Screen and Parallel Vertical Lines issue!

This does seem to be a very common issue and not yet resolved...especially considering that many people receive replacement after replacement or have sent theirs in for repair to once again be repaired/replaced with yet another screen/system that has the same issue!

ASUS, Please correct this issue and provide a proper fix for us and this issue ASAP.

Thank you.

BogdanCiulei
03-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Fast Joke (aka fastboot) causes a lot of issues. If you have a problem and try to reboot it just reloads the problem. Its nothing more than hibernate renamed, even uses the same file to dump your ram to, hiberfil.sys Just another fine example for some of this stuff. Blank screen is display drivers not loading correctly (thanks to fast joke). The Pink screen is pretty much always hardware failure.

I am getting the black screen ( not the pink one though ) when recovering from sleep or hibernate .
Never after a reboot and yes, I have the fast boot turned off.

So I doubt its the display driver not loading, most likely it is not responding. This seems to be a system wide issue showing up after power state change and also affects the touch pad and in some cases, the RAID controller. I guess it could be the iME.
Asus , when are you going to fix this and release some bios updates ?!!!!

JustinThyme
03-08-2017, 04:17 PM
This issue is limited. Most of the time its fast joke loading garbage. If it clears up when you do the hard power down this is 100% the problem. Alternately in very limited cases if its a persistent issue and happens for no apparent reason after the machine is booted its a display issue or cable connection at the MOBO.

MacLeod
03-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Regarding my previous 2 models of the ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K OC Edition...the Pink screen and Vertical Lines problem was NOT connected to the fast boot.

Also, just to note this as well, a clean install of Windows also had no effect...and after loading new drivers...and BIOS.

bigoldbrat
03-09-2017, 10:50 PM
I have the OC edition. I have not seen any issues with a pink screen or vertical lines. However, once in a while (2 times/own for a month) I get the black screen on awake from sleep. I hit the power button 2 times and then the display is back up. Found this thread to see what is up but obviously there is no definite resolution.
My main peeve is related to the battery draining while playing CPU/GPU intense games (another thread here). Other than that I love this machine.

Regarding my previous 2 models of the ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K OC Edition...the Pink screen and Vertical Lines problem was NOT connected to the fast boot.

Also, just to note this as well, a clean install of Windows also had no effect...and after loading new drivers...and BIOS.

Back to my latest question however...

I still await an answer regarding the new model ASUS ROG G752VS-XS74K OC Edition and the Pink/Black Screen issues.

"Does the newer model ASUS ROG G752VS-XS74K OC Edition have this issue?

I am wondering if the newer model ASUS ROG G752VS-XS74K OC Edition has the same issue of the pink screen and vertical lines AND/OR black screen issue?

Anyone able to confirm or deny this with this model?

Thanks."

dapogz
03-10-2017, 08:46 AM
i have a g751JT
First the Black screen issue.. i had this issue since i first bought this unit, i just turn off the Fast boot option.. but sometimes it still happens(1 out of 50 boot-ups) i just press the power again the it will show the login screen (like its just in SLEEP mode)..

Second the pink screen with vertical lines issue, i only see this whenever i play games(MGSV Phantom Pain), when screen flicks from desktop to Game full screen. never experience it during boot ups

MacLeod
04-10-2017, 05:17 AM
Originally, I purchased a ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K OC Edition that had the Pink Screen and Parallel Vertical Lines issue.

After trying two different laptops of this same model...and due to both of them having the same issue...I decided to replace it with a G752VS-XS74K.

I was unable to confirm if the issue is present for that model once Windows is fully installed because I decided too return the G752VS-XS74K due to its EXCESSIVE display/screen bleed with its 120 Hz display (common to this model apparently) before completing the Windows setup process.

I have now opted at ordering a ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition.
I will report if the model I receive has this issue or not...ASAP.

However, I am fairly positive it will have the same screen issue as the G752VS-XB72K due to it being only one step up in models from its predecessor.

Most likely, I and/or we will have to accept this issue for now and hope ASUS will find and submit a proper fix for this issue!

NOTE: Too those wondering why I chose to go backwards in models from the G752VS-XS74K...the screen bleed was just horrible...horrible...horrible!!! Also, the specs of the ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition were just outstanding...with more system memory, and storage...and based from numerous reviews from many various sources...this model is simply more stable and performs superbly! It also has more support available...meaning it has more available resources such as BIOS versions, and drivers...etc...as well as more supportive videos and the like...whereas the G752VS-XS74K does not have much in the way of reviews or support as of yet anyways.

OH! It was also much cheaper in price when compared to both models...especially when compared to the regular $2,999 price tag of the G752VS-XB78K model.

MacLeod
04-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Anyone able to confirm the Pink Screen and Parallel Vertical Lines issue with the ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition and/or the biggest concern/problem with the model?

MacLeod
04-17-2017, 09:08 PM
Update: I can confirm the Pink Screen and Parallel Vertical Lines issue with the ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition model/unit I received.

MacLeod
04-18-2017, 04:18 AM
I wanted to share this Image of the Pink Screen and Parallel Vertical Lines because I didn't see any posted previously.
I have a video as well...if anyone would like me to share. Just let me know.

MacLeod
04-18-2017, 04:34 AM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B58fhvNq4NQ7ckhNOU9zZkxQdlk

tadifajames@yahoo.com
05-06-2017, 07:00 AM
i have the same issue with my G752VY, at cold start after theROG logo a full-screen vertical stripes will appear after 2-3 secs it will turn black and it will stop there, I press the on button till it shuts down and switch it back on and its working. only now that i have experience this problem, been using the laptop for almost a year. is this a software or hardware problem?

DerKulp
05-06-2017, 07:48 PM
I also had the problem with the pink lines and BSOD after a cold start on my G751JY. I can confirm it has something to do with the NVIDIA drivers. I suppose most of you will have updated to Win 10 Creators Update. For most the problems started with that cause the then current NVIDIA driver prevented some of us from updating. After reverting to version 378.92 it should work. The following version was the faulty one. NVIDIA released a hotfixed version that solved the problem. But with version 381.92 the pink lines and BSOD returned as long as you have fastboot active. It is no hardware issue but a driver issue.

The latest driver (382.05) released a few days ago solved it for me with fastboot active again. I deleted the old driver with DDU (http://www.wagnardsoft.com/) and downloaded and installed the newest driver version from the NVIDIA homepage.

Hope that helps some of you too.

Alexmaaz
05-08-2017, 09:19 AM
First let me explain you what was actually happening:

So as the thread said after powering on the laptop you see ASUS logo and at same moment the screen turn to black OR it shows vertical lines OR shows some graphical glitch and may or may not turn off you keyboard backlits.

Then you are exactly the victim of the problem which I faced after updating windows OR BIOS OR any stupid driver updates OR any App.

Solution:

1. I tried my best to ruin PC by directly holding power button for 10 sec and Zzuup.... OFF!* ---MANY TIMES in Anger!!!
(Later I found out whenever I did this mostly times my PC starts normally)
It means windows is not saving any settings because I'm not giving windows the time to shutdown normally.
So when I shutdown the PC like normal humans do from start menu.... the problem of lines and glitches appears again on bootup/ startup screen!
(You're right it registry or services)

2. I Uninstall my Nvidia drivers including all things comes along with the driver's pack.(Still problem occurs :mad:)

3. I Changed ASUS splendid to NORMAL. (Still problem occurs :mad:)

4. I noticed what apps I'm using before PC shutdown. I finally found out that only 1.... Which was Mozilla Firefox. (YEA! doesn't make sense, well... it does :)!)
[If you are not a Mozilla Firefox users still...... read below!]

5. I changed some settings example: Firefox>>MENU>>OPTIONS>>ADVANCED>>Use hardware acceleration when available (Uncheck this).

6. Now my PC starts perfectly even more faster than ever!

YES here it is!
Its Intel® Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager (If its not installed on your PC, still some drivers do come along with windows updates).
All you and ASUS have to do is to fix / remove this program !!!!OR OR OR!!!! find the apps using this and disable them!

If these steps solves your problem, Do LIKE or +REP me.

If it doesn't solves your problem then ASUS must have to fix this registry/services problem because HAXM is the only thing which is not compatible with ASUS ROGs.

See you around...
God Speed!

PopsLutor
10-23-2017, 12:37 PM
I use my G752VS in hybernate mode often.
if I turn on the laptop without the power cord and I insert it while charging the system, it is likely that present a black screen.
For me the solution is to not connect the power cord before the login window or connect it before turning on the laptop.