PDA

View Full Version : Asus ROG G551VW GPU throttling problem

Shiboooom
12-03-2016, 12:49 AM
Hello, i own an G551VW, I7 6700HQ 2.6Ghz, GTX 960m 4GB GDDR5, 8 GB RAM and i have 2 problems with it,out of the box one LED from the keyboard is flickering, that would be ok and not so bothering if it would be the only problem but the second is that my GPU reaches 82-83 degrees and CPU 90degrees in like 2-3 minutes of gameplay, in any game, i know that some models have the downclocking temperature set at 72 degrees, well mine is at 82 degrees, and constantly my GPU is at 400Mhz, whick makes any game a total disaster... i checked it with Nvidia Inspector to lower its voltage, it won`t let me, i turned off Turbo Boost and for the CPU i get some lower temperatures but none for the GPU, someone else with this problem? I think something is very wrong with my GPU cooling system, the fan is spinning at 3700RPM but still it keeps the GPU at 82-83 degrees...i would send it to warranty soon and i want to know if someone else had this problem or if they resolved it at warranty, thanks! Sorry for any spelling mistakes, english is not my native language, i`m from Romania

ZIXEL
12-03-2016, 11:44 PM
strange , try to set in balanced mode 99% the power plan
install notebookfancontrol profile n550jv set to 100%

i had that similar problem when i changed the cooling paste for one crap paste , but your laptop is new ,strange
if you dont solve you problem send the laptop to warranty