PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G752VT suspicious temps and newest BIOS might have done it worse.

Wolffe
12-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Hi, I'm new to the gaming laptops and don't really understand all that the Gaming Center shows.
I had a problem with my laptop, it had really loud fans. I looked up some forums and one guy had downloaded and installed new BIOS.
So I did the same, the temps in Gaming Center has gone from av 30 to high 60-70 when gaming and av 40-50 normally. Should it be this way?
Should I "downgrade" to the original BIOS?
While playing singleplayer games, it works just fine, but when playing BF4 for example, it runs bad, really bad.
I used to have around 60-70fps high/ultra but now I got 20-30...
I can live with the fan, but this issue with the fps is really bad, for being a gaming laptop...
I almost forgot, GPU and Memory frequency is 100% when I'm playing BF4, it wasn't with BIOS 205.
I can't find BIOS 205 anywhere tho, and I'm not talented enought to revert back to 205.
I need some advices before I do anything. Thanks.

Digimutant
12-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Hi, I'm new to the gaming laptops and don't really understand all that the Gaming Center shows.
I had a problem with my laptop, it had really loud fans. I looked up some forums and one guy had downloaded and installed new BIOS.
So I did the same, the temps in Gaming Center has gone from av 30 to high 60-70 when gaming and av 40-50 normally. Should it be this way?
Should I "downgrade" to the original BIOS?
While playing singleplayer games, it works just fine, but when playing BF4 for example, it runs bad, really bad.
I used to have around 60-70fps high/ultra but now I got 20-30...
I can live with the fan, but this issue with the fps is really bad, for being a gaming laptop...
I need some advices before I do anything. Thanks.

I'm still using the version of 214 because of having reluctance of upgrading it, but have you looked at power management and seeing about a new GPU driver update?

Wolffe
12-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Hi, what do you mean by looked? I have the high power setting on atm.
I reverted back to 205 and FPS is now steadaly at 70
No, I havn't do ASUS have that on their support page?
I still have the GPU and Memory at 100% tho...
Where do I find updates to the GPU?
(I know basicly nothing about laptops...)

Wolffe
12-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Well I've actually solved one of the issues, the BIOS thing, It feels like it's back to normal.
But I have very low FPS while playing FPS games, the only one being BF4.
I've had between 70-90 FPS but now it's more 50-70...
Worst case I'll have to ask for a new laptop.
Bought it about 3 months ago.
If I could do a complete recovery I would have done that, but I can't. First day I had it I tried, just for fun but the message I got said it couldn't do a restore.
Anyone had this issue too?