PDA

View Full Version : G752VL-DH71 microphone keeps cutting off

nammerduong
12-04-2016, 06:21 PM
I don't know if this is relevant or not but I did a clean fresh reformat wtih windows 10 on my notebook.
I don't know if the mic was working fine before I reformatted my notebook.
However, every time I use a mic from any source it keeps getting cut off.
This makes me confident it has something to do with the driver or software on my notebook.
I am currently using the latest driver offered on the official asus driver download webpage.
which is: Realtek Audio Driver Version V6.0.1.7831.
Every time I try to make a call with my computer, people always tell me that I am always cutting off and it is very difficult for them to understand me.

my assumption is that it has something to do with the mic enhancements like no acoutistic echo

Bill@ASUS
12-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Hello nammerduong
Can you tell me a bit more details on your issue?
In what way would the mic get cut off? After some minutes of normal use ?
Have you tried to clarify the issue using a recorder application to record using the mic?
Have you tried to disable mic enhancements or other features in the Windows settings?
Thank you

nammerduong
12-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Hello nammerduong
Can you tell me a bit more details on your issue?
In what way would the mic get cut off? After some minutes of normal use ?
Have you tried to clarify the issue using a recorder application to record using the mic?
Have you tried to disable mic enhancements or other features in the Windows settings?
Thank you

If I were to make the same noise repeatedly, lets say "lalalalalalala" It will cut off like after 3 seconds of "lalalala".
It also just randomly cuts off when I'm just talking normally every like 5-10 seconds.
I can, without fail, make it forever mute if I repeat "lalalalala" it cuts off after like 3 seconds and stays cut off until I say something different.
This is why I think it has something to do with acoustic echo cancellation. However, even when I turn it off the problem still persists.
I didn't use any recorder application unless skype sound test service counts.
I mostly use skype sound test service and the "listen to this device" option for the mic to test how bad the mic is.
I've already tested the mic with the mic enhancements all off or all on and a mix of on and off. Mic still always cuts off.
I've tried using different mics on different headphones and just the laptop mic it's all the same. Always cutting off.
It's insanely frustrating.