PDA

View Full Version : How do I replace the right touchpad key on G751JY?

Swampthing
12-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Unfortunately the right key underneath my touchpad popped off one day during some heavy gaming, and I have been completely confused about how to reinstall it. Does anyone know how to replace the key? it's one of the parallalagram keys. Ideally a video would be nice, but I haven't been able to find anything on YouTube or here. Almost all the videos refer to regular keys, not the touchpad keys which look very different underneath.

Armesis
12-09-2016, 03:38 PM
Im not an expert on laptops, but i think you should just send it to an authorized repair center (if its still under warranty). These laptops arent cheap and ive read a story on this forum about how some guy literally broke his ROG laptop after disassembling it. When he put it back together, it would not boot.

Swampthing
12-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Im not an expert on laptops, but i think you should just send it to an authorized repair center (if its still under warranty). These laptops arent cheap and ive read a story on this forum about how some guy literally broke his ROG laptop after disassembling it. When he put it back together, it would not boot.

Thanks, but that seems like overkill simply to re-fit a key into it's own *socket. *I can understand if there was a missing key, but I have it in hand and just need to see how to reinstall it. *