PDA

View Full Version : I am just amazed... (that I can play Watch Dogs 2 on Ultra settings)

Swampthing
12-09-2016, 08:31 PM
...that I can play WATCH DOGS 2 on Ultra settings with very little problems on a two year old computer. *STILL Loving my

*ASUS G751JY 17-Inch Gamin laptop (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NWE9SBS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1)!! *No G-Sync though. *Just head about it and I guess I missed that upgrade * *:confused:

Jon G
12-10-2016, 06:14 PM
Hey Swampthing,
Ditto on your post, my 2 year old G751JY that recently got the Gsync & CPU upgraded is a fantastic notebook for gaming & everything else also, even before the Gsync upgrade. Too bad you didn't find out about the Gsync upgrade in time but luckily for you the G751JYs w/o Gsync are awesome as well even at 2 years old.
We should be okay w/ gaming for at least another year before needing to buy another new, expensive gaming notebook. The only thing that sucks w/ the G751JYs is its lack of support for the newer, much faster, larger capacities, retail versions, PCIe NVMe M.2 SSDs. We're stuck w/ only two OEM Samsung PCIe AHCI M.2 SSDs for upgrades (XP941 & SM951). Samsung no longer manufactures either one for OEMs. Supply is almost non existent and the few 512GB SM951 M.2 AHCI SSDs available have doubled in price to over $700 US if you can even find them anywhere. I doubt ASUS will provide a G751JY BIOS update w/ M.2 NVMe SSD support b/c M.2 NVMe is probably not supported by our Intel Broadwell CPU or our mainboards Intel HM87 express chipset? But aside from that these G751JY notebooks kickas*.