PDA

View Full Version : What happened to AI Suite III cleaner?

Hayte
12-14-2016, 01:14 AM
Thread linked below:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34503-AI-Suite-III-Cleaner

Did it get taken down or something? Uninstalling AI Suite III left a tonne of services behind and my cpu fan is going bonkers.

Nate152
12-14-2016, 01:39 AM
Hi Hayte

Yes it was removed, as I understand the new version of AI Suite III has it's own uninstaller.

Hayte
12-15-2016, 07:35 PM
I understand that it has its own uninstaller and I've used it but it leaves alot of things behind. AI Suite II Cleaner is still up so its a shame III got removed. Is there any chance it could get a re-up? Raja is not contactable via PM.

geneo
12-16-2016, 12:50 AM
What is the latest version of AI Suite III (5 way and system info)?

I just installed 1.01.40 on my Hero VI and it runs just fine. Nice backwards compatability.

Bahz
12-16-2016, 01:48 AM
I understand that it has its own uninstaller and I've used it but it leaves alot of things behind. AI Suite II Cleaner is still up so its a shame III got removed. Is there any chance it could get a re-up? Raja is not contactable via PM.

When you say it leaves a lot of things behind, are you referring to DLL and other files or registry settings?

The AI Suite remover was designed for software versions 6 years ago so no longer is needed for the new versions of AI Suite 3. If you want to clean up your registry, just use CC Cleaner, it does the exact same thing.

Hayte
12-16-2016, 01:09 PM
It left behind 6 file folders and 4 services one of which is asusfancontrolservice. It also left behind alot of registry entries, some of them associated with fancontrolservice.

Ill try reinstalling it and uninstalling it again then run ccleaner.

Chino
12-16-2016, 07:13 PM
Disable the services and then delete the files from their respective folders.